All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Trinity

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Trinity »

SOMEBODY took those strawberries.
Attachments
A656903B-DA34-40D6-8C14-F7EC126120B1.png
A656903B-DA34-40D6-8C14-F7EC126120B1.png (94.48 KiB) Viewed 1630 times
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:36 pm Or did he cause the "technical glitches" & red tape in CDC & FDA 's initial actions ?
That's exactly what Trump did, by spending three years draining the agencies of expertise and applying loyalty tests, disbanding the NSC pandemic response team, appointing sycophant incompetents like Azar at HHS (to whom the FDA and CDC heads report), downplaying the threat for months, etc etc etc.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

No Democrats were invitedto the bipartisan bill signing at the WH. He’s such a wimp.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:45 pm No Democrats were invited to the bipartisan bill signing at the WH. He’s such a wimp.
You're being kind to say the least. :oops: :o
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

United States just crossed the 100,000 case mark.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Fortunately Trump attended a military prep school so taking charge under fire comes naturally to him.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:58 pm Fortunately Trump attended a military prep school so taking charge under fire comes naturally to him.
Yeah and the school later went bankrupt and closed. Also appropriate to the Trump brand. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Nearly 90 percent of U.S. mayors who responded to a national survey on coronavirus preparedness said they lack sufficient tests kits, face masks and other protective equipment for their emergency responders and medical workers, while 85 percent said they do not have enough ventilators for their hospitals — critical shortages that could lead cities and towns to be quickly overwhelmed should the virus spread through their communities.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Real men don’t do social distance. WH signing ceremony today.
Attachments
B15790DE-37F2-42EF-8A67-7022BD1E1393.jpeg
B15790DE-37F2-42EF-8A67-7022BD1E1393.jpeg (133.44 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 pm
Saw someone opine that the only way now to get the South to buy-in to shelter in place is to have the college football coaches explain that if that action doesn’t happen now, there will no be games this fall.
To a striking extent right now, the virus is hot only in blue counties and cities -- SF, NYC, NOLA being in the vanguard. Red counties much less affected -- so far. And the income of retired folks in those red counties is not as impacted by layoffs. Many of the seniors I know (even though at high risk) are pretty insulated right now. Hunkered down inside, cashing annuity checks and watching FNC.

TBD if the red counties mostly dodge the first wave. Or have enough of a delayed impact that they are better able to handle it. I think you can understand a lot of the current Trump and federal response through that lens. It isn't bad (yet) in Trump country.

Big risk/gamble though. Lots of older vulnerable people in those red counties. And rural health systems are not that robust. If/when the wave hits the red counties, it will hit very hard. And no SEC football games in the fall wouldn't be a good look leading into the election.

If it hits the fan hard enough in Florida to impact voting, Trump is over.
Michigan and Wisconsin are a day or two from the same kind of news you are hearing from New Orleans.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

California Gov. and LA Mayor praising the administration, Pelosi next?: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-QECMiHRVa/

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Looks like we are going to be pushing just under 20K new infections today - 1 DAY. Midnight number.

Don't worry, its a "democrat hoax".
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 pm
Saw someone opine that the only way now to get the South to buy-in to shelter in place is to have the college football coaches explain that if that action doesn’t happen now, there will no be games this fall.
To a striking extent right now, the virus is hot only in blue counties and cities -- SF, NYC, NOLA being in the vanguard. Red counties much less affected -- so far. And the income of retired folks in those red counties is not as impacted by layoffs. Many of the seniors I know (even though at high risk) are pretty insulated right now. Hunkered down inside, cashing annuity checks and watching FNC.

TBD if the red counties mostly dodge the first wave. Or have enough of a delayed impact that they are better able to handle it. I think you can understand a lot of the current Trump and federal response through that lens. It isn't bad (yet) in Trump country.

Big risk/gamble though. Lots of older vulnerable people in those red counties. And rural health systems are not that robust. If/when the wave hits the red counties, it will hit very hard. And no SEC football games in the fall wouldn't be a good look leading into the election.

If it hits the fan hard enough in Florida to impact voting, Trump is over.

Perhaps in certain congested counties like Broward and Miami Dade, but Florida is more spread out than people realize, and frankly, everything is pretty much shut down right now anyway. If there is a spike, it will go down fairly quickly as you really can't do much here now, so the lag time will be two weeks? I am more worried about low-income areas where the attention to isolation and distancing is not being followed at all. Places that you would ordinarily think are time bombs like The Villages look like a ghost town on television; they take it seriously.

All restaurants are closed, all gyms, most beaches, etc. Only supermarkets, pharmacies, gas stations, hardware stores...the only activity occurring is construction. Even my local Petco wouldn't allow me in the other day!

Something else to note about Florida. There are many REALLY high end assisted living communities where residents literally have their own respirators inside their own units...no joke.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 pm Looks like we are going to be pushing just under 20K new infections today - 1 DAY. Midnight number.

I am hearing it is due to the release and increase of 5G. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:26 pm Can someone help clear this up?

If go to the CDC site here then scroll down to this portion (COVID-19 cases in the United States by date of illness onset) If the single row does not appear, click the + sign. If you follow cases by day using the scroll bar, you can clearly see a significant decline beginning around the 20th of March. What is significant about the decline starting on or about the 2oth?
What do you think it means?
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 pm Looks like we are going to be pushing just under 20K new infections today - 1 DAY. Midnight number.

The hoax, such as it were, appears to be a lack of basic decency.

What is no hoax is the Orange Man Bad virus that infects seemingly every post of yours.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Indeed, if we are to scrub the past here, did anyone repeat the lie that repealing net neutrality would lead to deaths? Because I sure heard that often on the news. I assume people here repeated it
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 pm did anyone repeat the lie that repealing net neutrality would lead to deaths? Because I sure heard that often on the news.
Citation please. An actual MSM news story that said this.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:32 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 pm did anyone repeat the lie that repealing net neutrality would lead to deaths? Because I sure heard that often on the news.
Citation please. An actual MSM news story that said this.
https://www.npr.org/2018/06/11/61892890 ... t-dead-yet
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:28 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:26 pm

Indeed, if we are to scrub the past here, did anyone repeat the lie that repealing net neutrality would lead to deaths? Because I sure heard that often on the news. I assume people here repeated it
That's news to me. Never heard it, or saw it, and I read a fair amount.

Return to “POLITICS”