All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Brooklyn

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Brooklyn »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:31 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:22 pm That probably reflects the insidious racist effect of calling coronavirus a “Chinese virus.”
Some people need a scapegoat. Mexicans, inner-city blacks... Chinese. Life needs to be composed of us and thems. It's awful, simply disgusting. But, for some people, they seemingly cannot operate any other way.

Amazing that the idjit-in-chief can possibly believe that his wall along the Mexican border can possibly stop the growth of plague. But knowing the lunacy of his followers, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that this claim is what brought up his popularity ratings.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:50 am

Spain is in serious trouble, but so is the United States.

New York has more cases than France, and Louisiana has more cases than Japan.

Complete failure by Donald Trump to contain this pandemic in the U.S.

DocBarrister :|

Donny Dump says he inherited a "mess", blames Obama for the state of unpreparedness, and refuses to take responsibility for anything. All this with a the national debt going ever upwards, the economy and stock market in decline, unemployment rising, with a plague menacing everyone here - yet his approval ratings continuing to climb. I guess if he brings Armageddon right wingers will insist that he actually is the Messiah.
You’ve lost it. But every time you post we know that. You know open borders are a wonderful thing til a pandemic hits from China. If Clinton was president she’d still be welcoming flights from China. Woke politics before American lives is the Democrat way! How dare we protect our own citizens, build a wall and protect our borders?! Democrats hate that because it’s racist, welp, guess what? Democrat policies never work and never will. And that’s one of the main reasons we are in this mess. NYC is in trouble because of their inept leadership and promotion of multiculturalism. They celebrated Chinese New Year when it was known this virus was alive and well and spreading! Sad to say but NYC morons who keep voting in Democrats are in trouble. Chickens have come home to roost. Trump could cure cancer and this virus and you’d still berate him. Are you still for open borders? Of course you are.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bandito wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:26 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:14 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:50 am

Spain is in serious trouble, but so is the United States.

New York has more cases than France, and Louisiana has more cases than Japan.

Complete failure by Donald Trump to contain this pandemic in the U.S.

DocBarrister :|

Donny Dump says he inherited a "mess", blames Obama for the state of unpreparedness, and refuses to take responsibility for anything. All this with a the national debt going ever upwards, the economy and stock market in decline, unemployment rising, with a plague menacing everyone here - yet his approval ratings continuing to climb. I guess if he brings Armageddon right wingers will insist that he actually is the Messiah.
You’ve lost it. But every time you post we know that. You know open borders are a wonderful thing til a pandemic hits from China. If Clinton was president she’d still be welcoming flights from China. Woke politics before American lives is the Democrat way! How dare we protect our own citizens, build a wall and protect our borders?! Democrats hate that because it’s racist, welp, guess what? Democrat policies never work and never will. And that’s one of the main reasons we are in this mess. NYC is in trouble because of their inept leadership and promotion of multiculturalism. They celebrated Chinese New Year when it was known this virus was alive and well and spreading! Sad to say but NYC morons who keep voting in Democrats are in trouble. Chickens have come home to roost. Trump could cure cancer and this virus and you’d still berate him. Are you still for open borders? Of course you are.
Those Chinese are some helluva swimmers. Swam right across the border to California
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Brooklyn

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by Brooklyn »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Yup. Rural America could be a ticking time bomb. Too little testing. You don't know somebody has it untill they show up at the hospital. They are starting to rollout more testing to places other than NYC, but not to rural areas.

Louisiana could well be the ticking time bomb as many people from all over the world were there during Mardi Gras:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nat ... 921116001/
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:27 pm
Those Chinese are some helluva swimmers. Swam right across the border to California

To Bandito his hero Dump can do no wrong. That's because he's the Chosen:

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Yup. Rural America could be a ticking time bomb. Too little testing. You don't know somebody has it untill they show up at the hospital. They are starting to rollout more testing to places other than NYC, but not to rural areas.

Louisiana could well be the ticking time bomb as many people from all over the world were there during Mardi Gras:

Louisiana is a mess and getting worse. They are a perfect example of under testing. Louisianans who live outside of New Orleans are now starting to complain that they need some help and only New Orleans is getting attention (and I suspect, damn little of that).
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

I don’t have a reference as it was in yesterday’s Twitter feed, but one of the app companies that has location data used their tools to hone in on a particular Miami Beach location and got the data for the phones they had data within that spatial area and the two week common spring break 2 week period. Then tracked where the phones subsequently went. Basically ALL over the Eastern half of the US. Scary looking.

One more pretty likely source of spreading.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:27 pm

To Bandito his hero Dump can do no wrong. That's because he's the Chosen:

Sick Bern bro!! How will I go on? Is this end for the Republic? Will this virus kill us all? What’s more dangerous than this virus? Democrat polices.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:34 pm

I don’t have a reference as it was in yesterday’s Twitter feed, but one of the app companies that has location data used their tools to hone in on a particular Miami Beach location and got the data for the phones they had data within that spatial area and the two week common spring break 2 week period. Then tracked where the phones subsequently went. Basically ALL over the Eastern half of the US. Scary looking.

One more pretty likely source of spreading.
What happens in Vegas, New Orleans, Palm Beach, doesn't stay in any of those places.
Farfromgeneva

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Bandito wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:11 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:01 pm
Bandito wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 pm We're number 1 in Confirmed Corona cases.

This is due to the High Amount of testing issued by Trump.
(A good thing to stop the spread)

Now the Left, who called him racist for a travel ban, is blaming Trump’s “poor leadership” for High Confirmed Cases.

They understand NOTHING
South Korea is testing 1 in every 170 people and their confirmed cases are flattening.

The US is testing 1 in every 1,090 people and our confirmed cases are ballooning.

If Trump had prepared us two months ago and gotten test manufacturing ramped up back then, we'd have High Amount of testing and Low Confirmed cases.

Do you understand that? That's poor leadership that you are admiring.
Orange man bad. Your TDS is ballooning by the second. Too bad Democrats wanted to build the wall and close the border. Oh wait!!!!
You didn't address any of the actual facts. You ignore them then you go direct to personal attacks. So much for the actual issues.
Typical Lax Dad

Bandito wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:11 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:01 pm
Bandito wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:54 pm We're number 1 in Confirmed Corona cases.

This is due to the High Amount of testing issued by Trump.
(A good thing to stop the spread)

Now the Left, who called him racist for a travel ban, is blaming Trump’s “poor leadership” for High Confirmed Cases.

They understand NOTHING
South Korea is testing 1 in every 170 people and their confirmed cases are flattening.

The US is testing 1 in every 1,090 people and our confirmed cases are ballooning.

If Trump had prepared us two months ago and gotten test manufacturing ramped up back then, we'd have High Amount of testing and Low Confirmed cases.

Do you understand that? That's poor leadership that you are admiring.
Orange man bad. Your TDS is ballooning by the second. Too bad Democrats wanted to build the wall and close the border. Oh wait!!!!
I thought you said Democrats wanted open borders?? Oh wait!!!!

🤹‍♀️
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Good article.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Saw someone opine that the only way now to get the South to buy-in to shelter in place is to have the college football coaches explain that if that action doesn’t happen now, there will no be games this fall.
To a striking extent right now, the virus is hot only in blue counties and cities -- SF, NYC, NOLA being in the vanguard. Red counties much less affected -- so far. And the income of retired folks in those red counties is not as impacted by layoffs. Many of the seniors I know (even though at high risk) are pretty insulated right now. Hunkered down inside, cashing annuity checks and watching FNC.

TBD if the red counties mostly dodge the first wave. Or have enough of a delayed impact that they are better able to handle it. I think you can understand a lot of the current Trump and federal response through that lens. It isn't bad (yet) in Trump country.

Big risk/gamble though. Lots of older vulnerable people in those red counties. And rural health systems are not that robust. If/when the wave hits the red counties, it will hit very hard. And no SEC football games in the fall wouldn't be a good look leading into the election.

If it hits the fan hard enough in Florida to impact voting, Trump is over.
Last edited by ggait on Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
old salt

Post by old salt »

calourie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:27 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:50 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 am You do realize that is pretty low for a president in a national emergency, right?
That's exactly right. During a crisis, approval numbers sky rocket. 60% is extremely low.
… and what happens as the crisis drags on for months?? :lol:
You do realize that during a crisis the MSM used to SUPPORT the President.
Here is the answer as to why it doesn't now, if you really care.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-never- ... 00857.html
In the end, the author has a really smart suggestion on how the angry (D)'s & never Trumper (R)'s can become a constructive loyal opposition, on a regional basis, using the powers of state & local govts to tax & serve their citizens.

Ironically Trump is pushing them in that direction by forcing Governors & Mayors to assert themselves & do their jobs. As the aritcle on DeBlassio pointed out, NYC has a budget, tax base, public health infrastructure, first responders, etc,. that would be the envy of any other elected leader.

Look to MD & Gov Hogan as a model to build upon.
But there's another way to respond — and that is to disconnect from the spectacle. Use America's federalist system to circle the wagons, creating an archipelago of cities and suburbs that seek to govern themselves the way the country as a whole attempted to do through the middle decades of the 20th century: with a commitment to helping those less fortunate and protecting the vulnerable from harm, to bringing policy expertise to bear on solving common problems, and to building a system of public institutions that aspire to fairness for all.

This is really no solution and certainly nothing to romanticize. It would be a concession to our civic brokenness, a giving in to how divided we are as a polity, and how disinclined to find common ground. In that respect it could well intensify our divisions further. It would also demonstrate beyond any doubt that the time for grand, ambitious national projects — like fighting climate change in a systematic way or overhauling the health-care system to make it more equitable — is behind us. The most that liberals could hope for in such a scenario would be regional accomplishments that may well feel like little more than well-managed defeats.

But really, what's the alternative when contemplating the future of the center-left in a country that re-elects Donald Trump to the presidency? Continuing to jump up and down, pointing at the president while screaming, "Look at how bad he is!," while nearly half the country rolls its eyes and turns its backs in indifference?

Wake-up American liberals: We have no one to save but ourselves.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

We have to take it all the way to secession.

The West Coast just needs one nuclear-armed sub commander in Bangor to go along. I really hope the secret negotiations among the three governors are continuing ...
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:08 pm
Saw someone opine that the only way now to get the South to buy-in to shelter in place is to have the college football coaches explain that if that action doesn’t happen now, there will no be games this fall.
To a striking extent right now, the virus is hot only in blue counties and cities -- SF, NYC, NOLA being in the vanguard. Red counties much less affected -- so far. And the income of retired folks in those red counties is not as impacted by layoffs. Many of the seniors I know (even though at high risk) are pretty insulated right now. Hunkered down inside, cashing annuity checks and watching FNC.

TBD if the red counties mostly dodge the first wave. Or have enough of a delayed impact that they are better able to handle it. I think you can understand a lot of the current Trump and federal response through that lens. It isn't bad (yet) in Trump country.

Big risk/gamble though. Lots of older vulnerable people in those red counties. And rural health systems are not that robust. If/when the wave hits the red counties, it will hit very hard. And no SEC football games in the fall wouldn't be a good look leading into the election.

If it hits the fan hard enough in Florida to impact voting, Trump is over.
Not much GDP generated in those red counties.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Can someone help clear this up?

If go to the CDC site here then scroll down to this portion (COVID-19 cases in the United States by date of illness onset) If the single row does not appear, click the + sign. If you follow cases by day using the scroll bar, you can clearly see a significant decline beginning around the 20th of March. What is significant about the decline starting on or about the 2oth?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Bandito wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:35 pm

Sick Bern bro!! How will I go on? Is this end for the Republic? Will this virus kill us all? What’s more dangerous than this virus? Democrat polices.

Yeah, that's why the virus breaks out during a Republican regime. LOL

old salt

Post by old salt »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:10 pm
holmes435 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:01 pm If Trump had prepared us two months ago and gotten test manufacturing ramped up back then, we'd have High Amount of testing and Low Confirmed cases... That's poor leadership that you are admiring.
Two months ago would've been great but can be forgiven. Especially relative to other world leaders. The real issue is today and tomorrow. He's still hasn't embraced the reality of our situation. How can one lead when you can't accurately assess a situation.
So you're saying that Trump is somehow constraining our testing capacity ? ...just by pointing out the increase in testing being done.

Or did he cause the "technical glitches" & red tape in CDC & FDA 's initial actions ?

Return to “POLITICS”