All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Matnum PI

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Matnum PI »

ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:25 amGame was Feb 19.
That's correct. My mistake. the second match-up in March, I believe, was a fan-less match.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Leadership!
Attachments
9AABC240-F6E3-4AC7-B6D7-510FA860638C.jpeg
9AABC240-F6E3-4AC7-B6D7-510FA860638C.jpeg (26.52 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 am You do realize that is pretty low for a president in a national emergency, right?
That's exactly right. During a crisis, approval numbers sky rocket. 60% is extremely low.
Yes, and it’s not even 60%.

CNN’s average of polls has Trump’s approval rating at its highest ever:

a whopping 47% approve versus 48% disapprove.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/27/politics ... index.html

That’s with opposing campaigns shut down, Trump addressing the nation daily, and the “rallying effect.”

All adding up to 47% approval. Pathetic.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:41 amLeadership!
Trump won’t be happy that Pence is polling better than him. That’s like a cat polling better than a dog at the Westminster Dog Show.

Pathetic.

DocBarrister :)
Last edited by DocBarrister on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Bart wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:31 am
ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:42 am
That is exactly what Dr Fauci said in his Instagram chat with Steph Curry. He also indicated that if this seasonality did happen it would give them time to prepare for that next wave. What that is I suppose is to be determined.
A 4-5 month break would be extremely helpful. You could make lots of masks, ventilators, test kits, ICU beds during that time. Also time to see if any therapies (HCQ maybe) work. Time to get your plan pulled together. We should be able to do much better in the second go round.

Which means we could be doing targeted distancing measures as needed (scalpel), rather than blanket measures (chainsaw, sledgehammer).
I also found it very interesting that during that same chat he indicated that if a vaccine had gotten through phase I's and looked promising in phase II's in both efficacy and safety he would urge manufactures to ramp up production during Phase II's. Something they would not want to do, obviously if it does not pan out. He indicated he/us/Govt would have funds available to ease the potential financial hit if the vaccine does not do as expected in the Phase II trials. In this manner there would be no "ramp up" period after the clinical's were done getting the vaccine out as soon as possible.
A break would do wonders. In that intervening period it would be nice to see an antibodies test rolled out to quantify who has already been exposed. A blood plasma donation program from those people would also be helpful in developing a treatment. We just need more time to get prepared for the second wave. If there is no second wave, all the better.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:11 am Holy crow. Spain is getting crushed. They're going to pass Italy in terms of deaths very soon.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Read a piece on a soccer website where a legit scientist was explaining why he thinks the Valencia-Atalanta Champions League Game was the source of the issues that Spain and Italy are facing. February 19th [corrected]. Valencia is a Spanish team, Atalanta is Italian.
Spain is in serious trouble, but so is the United States.

New York has more cases than France, and Louisiana has more cases than Japan.

Complete failure by Donald Trump to contain this pandemic in the U.S.

DocBarrister :|
Last edited by DocBarrister on Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:17 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 am
RedFromMI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 am Your quoting of my response without the reference video is not cool. You have once again, played judge, jury, and shot the messenger. The entire point of the video reference, was to discuss REAL DATA and MODELS from the UK that have significantly changed their projected outcomes. Why you continually want to find fault in everything befuddles me.
People already saw it and can see it again by scrolling up. we don't need exact quotes of posts, especially multiple posts. Just reminders.
Thanks.

That was indeed my intent youth.
No need to copy everything again and again.

But thanks for posting.
Not sure what aspect of my post was not appropriately responsive, much less "shot the messenger" if you mean you, youth. Certainly not intended.

I do think she was quite misleading or actually out of touch on the statement about beds and vents. Not sure which, or why.

On the second, I just pointed out the nuance of her statement as to timing and the reality of what she's saying. IE It won't that bad because we're actually doing something to prevent it.

But the conclusion shouldn't be to not worry about the challenge, but rather to stay the course.

I did take a 'shot' at anyone who mis-reads this to think the CV-19 should just be treated like another flu, just grind through it. There have been some rather stupid posts to that effect and I did challenge that ridiculous position...I haven't read you as being amongst that crowd, youth.

Hope you aren't.
How about this: (Twitter last night)

Marc Lipsitch

@mlipsitch

Infectious disease epidemiologist and microbiologist, aspirational barista. [email protected] Director @CCDD_HSPH

Boston, MA · hsph.harvard.edu/faculty/marc-l…
Tonight #DeborahBirx stated that models anticipating large-scale transmission of COVID-19 do not match reality on the ground. Our modeling (done by @StephenKissler based on work with @ctedijanto and @yhgrad and me) is one of the models she is talking about.
We received a request to model dozens of scenarios from the US government at 5pm on Tuesday. We responded to many of these on Wednesday evening, thanks to fast and careful work by @StephenKissler. This was done in good faith in order to help support the USG response.
Modeling the scenario of intense social distancing for a temporary period, followed by a letup, produces predictions of resurgent transmission and large epidemics, with the exact consequences depending on the degree and duration of reduced transmission during social distancing.
Dr. Birx's statements today https://t.co/AAff8ThmuF indicated that "when people start talking about 20% of a population getting infected, it's very scary, but we don't have data that matches that based on our experience."
True. We are near the beginning of the epidemic, with most people still susceptible. China and Korea have suppressed transmission by massive testing, combined in China with far more intense distancing than here and in Korea with significant distancing https://t.co/3xLNnFuGG7
If our social distancing works it is possible we will not just flatten the curve, but get a decline in cases. Under a best-case scenario, we will keep that policy in place long enough to get down to very, very few cases domestically.
If at the same time we ramp up testing capacity and the ability to trace contacts, in a very best-case scenario, we might conceivably be able to turn to a Korea- or Singapore-style mix of less intense distancing combined with super-intense contact tracing, isolation, quarantine
That will not be easy with this virus as our @CCDD_HSPH analysis has shown https://t.co/xmC114peJW but as some (mainly island) countries have shown, it may be just possible. We should do everything we can to reach for this goal, even if it is unattainable.
But here's why it is a best-case, likely unattainable scenario. 1) We have not proven that US-style social distancing can produce R_effective<1 (declining case numbers). On this I'm hopeful, but it's a hope not a fact.
2) we remain woefully behind on testing capacity, especially in many parts of the country. Like a forest fire, intense control in one place fails if there are sparks from other places. We must strengthen the weak links. But test reagents, swabs, PPE remain in short supply.
Solving the testing problems will not be easy, despite heroic local and state efforts to make up for the feckless federal efforts on this front. Supply chains are delicate and it may not be possible to come from behind and establish Korea-level testing capacity.
3) We have never accomplished contact tracing on the scale that will be necessary -- and again, to keep cases low, we will have to accomplish that everywhere, not just some places.
4) If we manage all of that, there will still be a world of COVID-19 transmission throwing sparks back at us. Like China today reuters.com/article/us-hea… we will be in a long-term effort to prevent these sparks from starting new chains of transmission.
The sparks from abroad won't be stopped by detection at the border; we don't do that too well as we showed empirically https://t.co/2N3skKoK22 and others @cmmid_lshtm showed theoretically https://t.co/2K6c3DoUXS
So the scenario Dr. Birx is "assuring" us about is one in which we somehow escape Italy's problem of overloaded healthcare system despite the fact that social distancing is not really happening in large parts of the US https://t.co/aNnoduaR3O
That is unlikely. Then the rosy scenario assumes we get to minimal numbers of cases everywhere, develop and maintain testing and tracing capacity, execute well on it, don't miss imported cases that spark new chains of transmission, and somehow maintain this delicate balance...
For the 12-18 months (best case under current models) till a vaccine. I desperately hope she is right, because much suffering will be avoided. But reassurance that this is likely, or even plausible, with the disorganized track record of the US response, is false reassurance.
We should work our hardest to create the conditions to make the scenarios being described here (one bad wave, contained by social distancing, and we're down to a point of controllable spread) a reality. Doing so will make us better prepared, even if they don't come to pass.
But it would be extremely naive to imagine that they are likely, and what do I know, but it seems like bad politics to "assure" the American people that they will come to pass when so many things could go wrong, any one of which leads to much worse outcomes.
On a simpler level, saying that "facts on the ground" are not consistent with 20% of the population getting infected is really quite deceptive. Likely, no population has 20% yet infected (though we can't be completely sure until serologic testing is widespread).
But this virus has shown in countries around the world that it can spread rapidly, and a small problem can become a big problem -- that is how exponential growth works.
It is a fundamental scientific error to take the current success of containment in some places as a sign that permanent containment is possible. We should work to make it possible, but 1918 flu and, frankly, the germ theory of disease show that containment is a temporary victory
From an expert, but my bolding...
Worth the read. Not sure those with reading comprehension issues or disdain for experts will bother, though.
So Dr Lipssitch knows so much more than the head of the task force. She's imminently credible when you watch her. She communicates brilliantly and she sits atop a mountain of data, so the left has to sh*t on her.
I'm not the Left, 6ft. Far from it.
Just analyzing what she said with open eyes and ears.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

The United States is on pace to surpass 100,000 confirmed cases later today.

@DocBarrister
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:24 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:44 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:00 am Random thought

I'm still shaking my head this morning at the concerted and overwhelming demand by the Left to remove this kid Ginn's post on Medium.

It's the ferocity and organization of such an effort, applauded by many here, which makes me wonder what the real deal is.

Medium posts based on data, interpreted incorrectly or 100% correctly, strike me as being such anodyne things in life. If a liberal writer posted a Medium post drawing from research that he said shows business owners to be fundamentally stupid, it wouldn't occur to me in a billion years to demand that it be withdrawn. I'd laugh at it, but it would not affect me in the least.

I'd love to have someone here (from the Left or Right) explain why this one post of Ginn's was such an affront that the Left demanded Medium take it down (though the post is now on over 1000 websites for anyone to read, critique, or applaud).

I guess I just do not understand this new world of book burning. Please explain and help a brother out. :?
Asked and answered (by others, PB) again and again and again.
Not sure why you keep bringing it up, at least here on this thread.
It's tedious.

I respectfully suggest you take this question to the Progressive Ideology thread as it sounds like that's what you want to critique, not actually have a rational discussion of CV-19 in any fresh way.

Challenging "the Left" and their general dismissiveness is just fine, it's just not relevant here.

Apparently Ginn's analysis has serious flaws and is already being proven on the ground to be wrong-headed. If you have something fresh to add on that topic otherwise, have at it.

Of course, that's just my opinion. Be well.

Probably true. I just can't help thinking about it.

btw, Ginn's analysis has not been proven to be 'wrong'; some of his post looks correct, some looks wrong. The overall determination will be made in a year or so.
sorry, too much faulty to be credible.

Look, we all Hope that things will work out, but encouraging public policy in a particular direction but based on faulty logic, making the situation worse, just shouldn't be listened to at all in a serious discussion.

The ideological thing that bothers you about your perceived suppression of his views (he is totally feee, btw, to shout what he wants at the top of his lungs) is another matter, but it can be discussed elsewhere.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

ggait wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:35 am
Based on the numbers I am seeing, that won't be much of a spike. Which is great, but hard to explain. A whole country of 35 million with fewer deaths across the entire first wave than the entire US has in a 12 hour period. I guess it is the blessings of low population density.
Cold weather has probably been helping Canada (so far). If your location is REALLY cold in February, you are not likely to attract large numbers of foreign tourists (other than skiers). Especially from Asia. And in such very cold places, people are probably not out and about as much. Birks mentioned this yesterday with respect to Sweden's relatively low numbers.

Italy, Spain, NOLA are all nice places to visit in February. Not too hot to suppress the virus. Not too cold to keep people away or to make large outdoor gatherings unappealing.

TBD what happens in Florida. Or what happens to Canada with the return of the snowbirds.
Small clarification; if I'm not mistaken, the strength of the sunlight is what matters not heat per se. Of course, heat tends to come along side, but it's the sunlight that diminishes the length of a virus' life when exposed to that light.

We're just hoping that will help with this particular virus, but we don't know yet enough to be confident.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Boris Johnson has coronavirus and syphilis.

Ok, maybe not syphilis, but definitely coronavirus.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... test-news/

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:56 am The United States is on pace to surpass 100,000 confirmed cases later today.

Half of them in NYC. Could this be the reason.

Sunday, February 2, 2020
CHINATOWN, Manhattan (WABC) -- Despite increasing fears of coronavirus in New York City, the Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade and Festival will go on as scheduled next week.

The parade is scheduled for Feb. 9 at 1 p.m.

Democrat Elected officials are urging the public to take normal precautions against illness, but not to let fears concerning coronavirus stop them from participating in the event.

"I am here along with other elected officials to show support for Chinatown and for the Chinese community all across New York City, and we have heard reports that many businesses in Chinatown and in Flushing and in Sunset Park and in other parts of the city have seen a downturn in business since this news came out and this is really an important time of year because of Lunar New Year, a lot of these businesses count on an increase of business during Lunar New Year, and so we want to assure the public that we have the greatest health department in the world," NYC Council Speaker Corey Johnson said.

Democrat NYC Health Commissioner Oxiris Barbot:

@NYCHealthCommr
Today our city is celebrating the #LunarNewYear parade in Chinatown, a beautiful cultural tradition with a rich history in our city. I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about #coronavirus. https://on.nyc.gov/377LlcH

So woke!
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:07 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:56 am The United States is on pace to surpass 100,000 confirmed cases later today.

Sunday, February 2, 2020
CHINATOWN, Manhattan (WABC) -- Despite increasing fears of coronavirus in New York City, the Chinatown Lunar New Year Parade and Festival will go on as scheduled next week.

Democrat Elected officials are urging the public to take normal precautions against illness, but not to let fears concerning coronavirus stop them from participating in the event.

"I am here along with other elected officials to show support for Chinatown and for the Chinese community all across New York City, and we have heard reports that many businesses in Chinatown and in Flushing and in Sunset Park and in other parts of the city have seen a downturn in business since this news came out and this is really an important time of year because of Lunar New Year, a lot of these businesses count on an increase of business during Lunar New Year, and so we want to assure the public that we have the greatest health department in the world," NYC Council Speaker Corey Johnson said.

@NYCHealthCommr
Today our city is celebrating the #LunarNewYear parade in Chinatown, a beautiful cultural tradition with a rich history in our city. I want to remind everyone to enjoy the parade and not change any plans due to misinformation spreading about #coronavirus. https://on.nyc.gov/377LlcH

So woke!
Button up that shirt.

Your racism is showing again.

@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Sunday, February 2, 2020

@NYCHealthCommr

So woke!
Button up that shirt.

racism. Weren't there any women there. Call me a mysoginist. Any gay asians, Call me homophobic.

Such a weak fall back position. Just doesn't stick any more.
Of course a giant parade and gathering of people three weeks ago would have nothing to do with the current situation.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:53 am
calourie wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:45 am
Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:32 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:21 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:50 am
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:36 am You do realize that is pretty low for a president in a national emergency, right?
That's exactly right. During a crisis, approval numbers sky rocket. 60% is extremely low.
… and what happens as the crisis drags on for months?? :lol:
You do realize that during a crisis the MSM used to SUPPORT the President.

Much of our media, with the exception of some of Fox, has become antagonists of Trump. You could plausibly argue that CNN and MSNBC have made it their primary mission to dent Trump's re-election chances. Many of their reporters post tweets all day long with little to no factual basis. I'd note that Kasie Hunt posted a tweet yesterday which stated categorically that NYC was already using "death panels" to determine who lives or dies, which was wildly irresponsible. And Kasie is considered half-normal. Julia Ioffe of GQ called America a "sh@thole country" (as a rejoinder to Trump having previously said as such about Haiti), because, if you believe statistics from China and Iran, our country's death rates exceeded theirs. Brian Stelter (CNN) every day repeats some innuendo about how Trump and Fauci hate each other, even though Fauci constantly denies so.

The juvenile tweeting is nothing but a massive transparency tell on the partisan nature of most of our journo's.
I am reposting the response I sent to 6ft., Peter as I think you are more apt to digest it:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-never- ... 00857.html

It is an interesting article, or opinion piece. I think Damon, like most media, fail to understand how Trump can be re-elected. It’s not because, as DocB thinks, everyone who votes R is a racist. Damon has other excuses to add, as his take is more nuanced than DocB. But where he (and other liberals) fails to understand matters is we have but two choices for POTUS, so I might pull the lever for someone I find personally repugnant, because ‘the other guy m’ is IMO worse (on policy, character, whatever). I can see where if you actually thought Hillary was a ‘queen’ that it’s incomprehensible to you that someone would vote Trump, but believe me, many Americans hated the Clintons for ( among other matters) what we perceived as corrupt schemes as politicians and getting away from obvious crimes that normal folks would’ve been crushed for.
That's of course true on both sides of the ideological divide. Cuts both ways.
The question is those in the middle and the enthusiasm/intensity, both positive and negative, of each side's potential voters.

HRC failed to bring out key voting blocks, in key states, in the same scale as Obama, and also less on a relative scale to what happened in 2018. And, sure, on a 'character' basis she had some negatives that were both disheartening to her potential voters, amplified by the Bernie divide, and were motivating to her adversary's voters, including some who never participate in civic affairs.

But Trump is far better known today, and that's immensely motivating to a whole lot of folks. It doesn't look like that knowledge of him has amplified his support, certainly not broadened it.

And the Dems are definitely not nominating someone with the degree of baggage as Clinton. Of course, Biden will get dirtied up plenty but it's just not the same.

so, Trump CAN win...but it's not the same as 2016's line up of a binary choice.

This crisis is going to help the sitting President in the short term, I don't think it will help him over the full course. Particularly if he insists on having 'packed churches' and that backfires, as it unfortunately will. It would be far smarter politically to stay serious and determined and let whatever good news come with time, if it will.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:47 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:39 am
Carroll81 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:59 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:27 pm There will be novels written about the sudden Canadian exodus from S Florida.
Lexington VA to Harrisburg PA last Sunday morning.

I would say, other than truck traffic, 40% were Quebec or Ontario license plates on Rt 81. Lots of RVs along the way heading North also.

Expecting a spike in Canada in about 5 days.
Based on the numbers I am seeing, that won't be much of a spike. Which is great, but hard to explain. A whole country of 35 million with fewer deaths across the entire first wave than the entire US has in a 12 hour period. I guess it is the blessings of low population density.
Depends on the dispersion of any carriers, their behaviors when they get there and that of others around them. Lower density will help, but Toronto, Ontario etc are certainly not immune from blooms if people don't social distance, and if blooms happen there are going to be very few communities spared. But it might not be until next fall.
Of course this is true. Canada has some high density urban areas that are producing most of their volume of deaths, but at no where near the rate or volume of the US big cities. Maybe its the socialized medicine. Maybe Canadians are smarter and take individual responsibility to the herd more seriously.

Of course a smaller % of their population will emerge with herd immunity. But I don't see why this would change the behavior of their statistics in a second or third, etc., wave. We will see, bares watching.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can't say as I've always been a huge Andrew Cuomo fan but I must say I sure do like the way he's stepping up and handling our current situation. Handling it head on, no BS, pulling no punches, challenging citizens. Said to my buddy some time back that these are the kind of times you'll find out who you'd want to spend time in a foxhole with. Who panics and cowers in the corner with fear (too many doing that, IMO, know a few who are pretty much useless and a liability at this point) and who steps up, stays calm, faces the reality, and does what they can/are asked to do. I hear this in Cuomo's message and I like it. I don't watch much of the news (Cuomo has been interrupting regularly scheduled programming the last few days to deliver his message) or get caught up in tracking the numbers and work myself into a frenzy about the current state of affairs. I'll just be a good soldier and do what I can/what's asked of me and that's about all I can do. I guess I shouldn't be, but I've been a little surprised (and disappointed) by how many people have turned themselves into a pile of useless during these times. Try to spread a little joy and make someone smile today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxhN82aSCLc&t=216s
:D
Bart

Post by Bart »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Sunday, February 2, 2020

@NYCHealthCommr

So woke!
Button up that shirt.

Call me a skeptic on this. Looking past the woke comment.........I did not see it as racist at all. MatnumPI put an article regarding potential for the outbreak in Italy and Spain to be the result of a soccer match. Huge number of people in a small confined space. Add to that the fact that NYC has the most dense population in the United States and don't you think that mabee.........just a little bit there could be something to this?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DMac wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:33 pm Can't say as I've always been a huge Andrew Cuomo fan but I must say I sure do like the way he's stepping up and handling our current situation. Handling it head on, no BS, pulling no punches, challenging citizens. Said to my buddy some time back that these are the kind of times you'll find out who you'd want to spend time in a foxhole with. Who panics and cowers in the corner with fear (too many doing that, IMO, know a few who are pretty much useless and a liability at this point) and who steps up, stays calm, faces the reality, and does what they can/are asked to do. I hear this in Cuomo's message and I like it. I don't watch much of the news (Cuomo has been interrupting regularly scheduled programming the last few days to deliver his message) or get caught up in tracking the numbers and work myself into a frenzy about the current state of affairs. I'll just be a good soldier and do what I can/what's asked of me and that's about all I can do. I guess I shouldn't be, but I've been a little surprised (and disappointed) by how many people have turned themselves into a pile of useless during these times. Try to spread a little joy and make someone smile today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxhN82aSCLc&t=216s
:D
On the other hand, it's heartening to see so many doing heroic work and those who are supporting them.

agree re Cuomo and foxholes...in this moment, his tenor is very important.
Enjoyed the Army Corps of Engineers general last night on Maddow...I didn't see the whole interview, but he was certainly a no BS, get sh-t done fast guy.
Lots of folks doing their best.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:51 am Pastor Who Claimed Covid-19 ‘Hysteria’ Was Plot Against Trump Dies From Virus

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressi ... we1pF2V0Hk

Religious Ignorance Kills: Landon Spradlin, a Virginia pastor who claimed the “mass hysteria” around the coronavirus pandemic was part of a media plot against Trump, has died from the virus.

ABC News reports:

Landon Spradlin’s family never got to say goodbye.

The 66-year-old father and husband from Virginia died due to complications from COVID-19 on Wednesday morning in North Carolina.

While on the way home from a mission trip, Spradlin collapsed and was taken to a hospital in Concord, North Carolina. He was eventually put on a ventilator as his condition worsened.

According to reports, Spradlin, a 66-year-old Christian “musical evangelist,” fell ill while on a missionary trip to New Orleans with his wife.

Friendly Atheist reports Spaldrin went to New Orleans to “wash it from its Sin and debauchery.”

more

There's an old tale which says, God punishes. Well, maybe some day some folks will learn to keep a more open mind.

Extremely rich in irony. There will be plenty more. Enough that it won't be funny.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”