All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Kismet

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm She’s a hero. Tell her thank you.
Thank you, she is my hero. She is scared silly, but she will do her job and do it very well.
Good for her and you and for God to keep you safe and healthy.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:34 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:09 pm She’s a hero. Tell her thank you.
Thank you, she is my hero. She is scared silly, but she will do her job and do it very well.
Check your PMs C&S
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:41 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm
For what it is worth my wife has been re-deployed from the elective surgical center where she works over to Rochester General Hospital. She is scared out of her mind. She has not worked in a hospital environment for more than twenty years. She is not convinced that her present day skill set makes her of any use in the present environment. I told her you are a registered nurse with almost 40 years experience. They will not expect you to become an ICU nurse over night. I am trying to convince her that she should be honored to have the opportunity to help save lives. She is not buying it because she is scared. There are many doctors and nurses serving us out there right now that are just like my wife. They have been put out of their element and asked to do medical work they are not trained to do.

They are going to do their best because saving lives is what they have dedicated their lives to doing. I am so over all of the political blaming going on here. If all of us were the adults in the room we would stop pointing fingers and help to beat this bad gamboo we are facing. i admit forthright that i can be a huge jerk and sort of enjoy poking fun at people, especially my FLP friends. I'm over that for now, all i hope for is that our dedicated medical professionals and scientists can put this virus to bed. I hope none of you out there have to face this. If you do, at least you know there are many people out there in our health care system that are on your side.
I was pondering the bravery of the medical community, in this type of environment...I'd have to say these folks are about as brave as you get...at least operators can shoot back.

Truly fighting this war on the front line.
Hopefully it is not sink or swim for her. They could always use her in a subsidiary role to allow the ICU nurses to cover more patients, or to actually have her caring for non COVID cases.

My daughter (a second year resident) is in a county up North where the number of cases has more than quadrupled in a week. It was one week ago that the first case showed up in her particular hospital. Have not spoken with her in a couple of days, but it is getting scary for that area in a hurry.

And a salute from me to your wife as well
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:11 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:06 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pmSometimes I have misplaced faith in your ability (willingness?) to admit failure. Ahhh, well. Être dans la lune.

:lol:
And I have misplaced faith in your ability to read. You misread my post. As usual.

Stop ripping people for criticizing Trump, and stop being a pro-government zealot.

Clear enough for you?

Not to mention I gave you an immediate example of defending a Republican, Pence. Should I use smaller words for you next time?

Clearly you know me well! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do know you well, and all Trump defenders seem to think that Trump is just "some guy". Trump is the leader of our government. You've spent the last week defending everything our President does, and have called out any criticism as insane.

What about this isn't pro-government? He's the leader of our Government.

I'm fairly sure I have written, no I am absolutely sure :lol: , to quote myself accurately, "Trump is ill-suited to this crisis".

I have 'defended' everything he has done? It sure doesn't sound like it to me.

I think, if you don't mind my saying so, that you have a hyper-sensitive awareness of all criticisms of Democrats, and at the same time you swear you are not one. Which makes me highly suspicious...

6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU77 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:43 pm
The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/25/co ... -covid-19/
Gotta feeling the left thinks we're all going to be ok sooner then later.

The steady drumbeat of Trumps failure to act are coming in earnest. Never a single corroborated witness. Never anyone going on record.

They won't have a failed economy so the Hoax about "Trump sucks on coronavirus" has to start.

What were the democrats doing all through the beginning of this crisis oh yeh impeaching Trump for a phone call.

Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf

And Trumps performance #'s grow weekly——no one believes you anymore

Just for the record

Trump told us about protecting the borders (oops xenophobe)

Told us to bring Manufacturing home (laughable never happen)

Warned us all about China and started to reverse the trade imbalance (constant criticism)

Told us to take care of America first (racist)

Democrats have a lot to answer for.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:57 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pmSometimes I have misplaced faith in your ability (willingness?) to admit failure. Ahhh, well. Être dans la lune.

And I have misplaced faith in your ability to read. You misread my post. As usual.

Stop ripping people for criticizing Trump, and stop being a pro-government zealot.

Clear enough for you?

Not to mention I gave you an immediate example of defending a Republican, Pence. Should I use smaller words for you next time?

I do know you well, and all Trump defenders seem to think that Trump is just "some guy". Trump is the leader of our government. You've spent the last week defending everything our President does, and have called out any criticism as insane.

I'm fairly sure I have written, no I am absolutely sure :lol: , to quote myself accurately, "Trump is ill-suited to this crisis".

I think, if you don't mind my saying so, that you have a hyper-sensitive awareness of all criticisms of Democrats, and at the same time you swear you are not one. Which makes me highly suspicious...

So if I say "DOPUS, blah, blah, blab"..I'm criticizing Trump.

The response "TDS, blah blah blah" is a criticism of me.

Big difference.

Of course most of the time, "bootlicker, blah blah blah" is bound to be next.

Rinse Repeat.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:58 pm
CU77 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:43 pm
The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/03/25/co ... -covid-19/
Gotta feeling the left thinks we're all going to be ok sooner then later.

The steady drumbeat of Trumps failure to act are coming in earnest. Never a single corroborated witness. Never anyone going on record.

They won't have a failed economy so the Hoax about "Trump sucks on coronavirus" has to start.

What were the democrats doing all through the beginning of this crisis oh yeh impeaching Trump for a phone call.

Wolf Wolf Wolf Wolf

And Trumps performance #'s grow weekly——no one believes you anymore

Just for the record

Trump told us about protecting the borders (oops xenophobe)

Told us to bring Manufacturing home (laughable never happen)

Warned us all about China and started to reverse the trade imbalance (constant criticism)

Told us to take care of America first (racist)

Of course as a Floridian, I have noted the incredibly well-organized, obviously previously written, and way-too widely spread-out national media attacks on Ron DeSantis. Surely this is by chance and not driven by any DNC/media claque!! :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I do have fun here at Fanlax, light-heartedly taking the mickey out of our erstwhile pleasant libs such as a fan. And yes, we are all in this together, I promise I never forget that. My cousin, a rather impressively well known plastic surgeon in DC, has temporarily closed his large practice and gone back to doing what he loves best, saving lives; left for NYC two days ago. Free hotel paid by NY State, though I suspect he will not sleep there at all.

Cradle: muchas gracias to you and the wife! My cuz would prefer to do nothing else other than this. He loves saving lives. Even should it cost him his own. Believe me when I say that. Doctors (and nurses): a special breed, not the money-hungry golfers they're often made out to be.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Watching a surgeon explain that Chinese companies are trying to sell knockoff N95 masks and US customers are wasting time and energy sorting real from deadly. This really needs to be national.
Last edited by Trinity on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:57 pm

Clear enough for you?

Big difference.

Rinse Repeat.

It''s all good. We have larger problems today than me having fun online with some lacrosse libs. Til the day I die: if you are an American, I don't care what your Party, you're my bro.
ggait

Post by ggait »

It all made sense then... People are heading to their summer homes to get away. I have seen quite a few NJ plates for this time of year.
There have been many stories of the NYC swells decamping to the Hamptons.

Buying up all the chest freezers to store thousands of dollars worth of recently purchased gourmet food. Bringing their infections with them to spread and/or show up at small local hospitals.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/19/we-should ... -hamptons/
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

The United States has just passed China’s official confirmed cases count. It doesn’t matter whether China has low-balled some of their numbers. In all reality, the United States will surge far beyond China in both total confirmed cases and deaths.

The United States, under the failed so-called “leadership“ of Donald Trump, is now Italy writ large.

Peak deaths in the United States is still probably several weeks away. Brave health care workers like C&S’s wife are fighting on the front lines without adequate PPEs and there are still not enough tests.

How can this be? How could Trump fail so miserably?

China implemented an extreme isolation protocol, including guards at apartment building entrances. South Korea performed an incredible number of tests very quickly. They succeeded in getting the pandemic under control (for now).

And Trump? Yesterday, he was promoting his delusion of packed church pews at Easter. Completely and absolutely delusional.

The United States is tragically on its way to becoming the horrifying exemplar of a failed response to the coronavirus pandemic.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Big difference.

Rinse Repeat.

It''s all good. We have larger problems today than me having fun online with some lacrosse libs. Til the day I die: if you are an American, I don't care what your Party, you're my bro.
Hey, how about that? Foreverlax understands my point with zero difficulty. You're calling people who criticize their government insane.

Marinate on that for a bit, eh?
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:15 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:10 pm

Big difference.

Rinse Repeat.

Hey, how about that? Foreverlax understands my point with zero difficulty. You're calling people who criticize their government insane.

Marinate on that for a bit, eh?

I need some quality Colorado craft beer, a fan. Give me a rec that I can order online.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Have a favorite style? Now this is a subject I can get behind.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:32 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:43 pm
They are going to do their best because saving lives is what they have dedicated their lives to doing. I am so over all of the political blaming going on here. If all of us were the adults in the room we would stop pointing fingers and help to beat this bad gamboo we are facing. i admit forthright that i can be a huge jerk and sort of enjoy poking fun at people, especially my FLP friends. I'm over that for now, all i hope for is that our dedicated medical professionals and scientists can put this virus to bed. I hope none of you out there have to face this. If you do, at least you know there are many people out there in our health care system that are on your side.
Your wife is exactly why I said earlier that what we're doing in making sanitizer is a nothing sandwich, by way of comparison. Thanks you to you and your wife for her selfless work!

Tell your wife that our peers at Rochester's Black Button Distilling (owned by Pernod Ricard) are making hand sanitizer for her and her fellow workers.

For us, New Belgium Brewing is donating thousand of gallons of beer that we will distill into 95% alcohol for the next month and a half. We'll be running the stills seven days a week to get as much out as we can.
Awesome. Just so good to hear.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

ggait wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:12 pm
It all made sense then... People are heading to their summer homes to get away. I have seen quite a few NJ plates for this time of year.

Buying up all the chest freezers to store thousands of dollars worth of recently purchased gourmet food. Bringing their infections with them to spread and/or show up at small local hospitals.

Yes, the governing body of the island of North Haven, up and off the Maine coast, actually voted to preclude the summer folks from coming on island...and then realized you really couldn't do that with out some legal wrangling and withdrew the order. People are scared.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Steph Curry and Dr. Anthony Fauci talk Coronavirus

You would be well-served by listening to the doctor speak plainly but affirmatively especially about sports and large crowds although the point is applicable to all of us. Why this guy isn't on TV every day encouraging people to do what is necessary in the near-term for the greater benefit long-term is beyond belief. A fantastic mix of knowledge, information, positive thinking and togetherness to get through this crisis.

Too bad DOPUS thinks he is a bad messenger.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

There will be novels written about the sudden Canadian exodus from S Florida.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

The absurdity of our health care system

Post by DocBarrister »

So, a pandemic causes millions of Americans to lose their jobs.

What’s a major consequence of that?

Millions will also lose their health insurance coverage ... in the middle of a pandemic.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... nd=premium

:roll:

Tell me that isn’t crazy ... I dare you.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:22 pm
ggait wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:12 pm

Yes, the governing body of the island of North Haven, up and off the Maine coast, actually voted to preclude the summer folks from coming on island...and then realized you really couldn't do that with out some legal wrangling and withdrew the order. People are scared.
Heard that there is a town meeting on Hilton Head this evening where they are calling for a vote to bar non-permanent residents onto the island even if they are property owners and staying at property they own but don't reside in most of the year.

Return to “POLITICS”