All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:16 pm
seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 pm
dislaxxic wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pmTrinity's maniacal focus on Trump and Trump's twitter feed brings zero to the table here. Trinity's sole goal with that post is to elevate the echo chamber's hatred of Trump, not to dive into how a megaphone might impact people's lives. One of the reasons I began to tune out TDS posts is because of this; they lost sight of the fight.
Take out "Trinity" replace with "6ftstick, cradlenshoot, rrr, ya", or several others...pick one...

Take out "Trump" and insert "Obama".

See? Look in the mirror. You guys taught us all about "the fight"

Zero to the table? Umm, nope. Canvassing Dear Leader's thinking and temperature through his favorite medium is not only totally fair game; it is newsworthy and interesting to see the diversions (Squirrel!!) he offers his supporters. And we get to see him mimic 7th graders, when he says "LameStream Media" and "Little Marco" and "Low Energy Jeb" and "Liddle" or "Shifty Schiff". It's history in slow-mo: watching the office of the Presidency dumbed-down, one "tweet" at a time.

Only to those who wish it to be so...
Don't criticize our government leaders. Got it. Makes perfect sense. You going to follow this rule of yours?

Well, you asked; the crow will be a mountain high for you. Get your bib on.

Just today here on this website, I have said that Jim Clyburn (D) was 'wrongly interpreted', that I liked Barrack Obama (D) as a president, and that it was unfair to criticize two NYC politicians (Both D's) for advocating attending huge events in NYC on February 9th.

Now that I have sufficiently addressed your concerns (a court surely would rule in my favor with that evidence), could you lead us to any instances today on this website where you likewise defended some Republicans? I know you have sworn you are not a Democrat and all that jazz...I assume you have a few examples that might help us believe that. Such as mine above for Democrats!

:lol:
Last edited by Peter Brown on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:09 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:06 pmStill with the "stealing of a scotus seat"...
No other way to describe it...and that you're OK with it speaks volumes...

There's no stealing. The Dems didn't "own" it.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... 180962589/
What the Senate did to Merrick Garland in 2016, it did it to three other presidents’ nominees between 1844 and 1866, though the timelines and circumstances differed. Those decades of gridlock, crisis and meltdown in American politics left a trail of snubbed Supreme Court wannabes in their wake. And they produced justices who—as Neil Gorsuch might—ascended to Supreme Court seats set aside for them through political calculation.

There is this tendency to view history through rose-colored glasses from time to time, and to suggest we’ve never been this political,” says Charles Gardner Geyh, a law professor at Indiana University and author of the 2008 book When Courts and Congress Collide. “In reality, we have always had a highly politicized selection process.” Several times in the 1800s, Geyh says, “the Senate certainly appears to have delayed with an eye toward saving the nomination for the next president.”

Though Garland’s failed nomination was far from unprecedented, at least one aspect of the modern Republican Senate’s move was new. The mid-1800s seat-snatchings took place before hearings on Supreme Court nominees were standard protocol, and before nominations were the subject of much open debate. So the historical record of why the Senate ran out the clock on the early nominees is thin, leaving historians to interpret its political motives from news accounts and correspondence of the time. Past senators kept their political motives unspoken; today’s admit them with pride.

“On several of these failed nominations, there seem to have been ostensible merit-based objections,” says Geyh. “Even you if can look at it and raise your eyebrows, and say, ‘Well, that really doesn’t seem like the real reason,’ they at least felt they needed that fig leaf. There was no such fig leaf with Garland.”

Battles over a president’s late-term judicial nominations are nearly as old as the Constitution itself. Thomas Jefferson’s successful fight against John Adams’ “midnight judges,” appointees rushed through in Adams’ last days in office in 1801, led to the famed Supreme Court case Marbury vs. Madison.

While the case is well known for establishing the court’s power of judicial review, its facts are less remembered. Just before Adams left office, Congress created dozens of new judicial positions. Adams quickly appointed men to fill them. When Jefferson took office, he refused to acknowledge some of Adams’ judicial appointments. William Marbury, an Adams appointee for District of Columbia justice of the peace, sued to receive his commission anyway, but lost the case. Jefferson later convinced Congress to abolish the new judgeships.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video in which he appears to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... oax-2020-3
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:33 pm https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... 180962589/
What the Senate did to Merrick Garland in 2016, it did it to three other presidents’ nominees between 1844 and 1866, though the timelines and circumstances differed. Those decades of gridlock, crisis and meltdown in American politics left a trail of snubbed Supreme Court wannabes in their wake. And they produced justices who—as Neil Gorsuch might—ascended to Supreme Court seats set aside for them through political calculation.

There is this tendency to view history through rose-colored glasses from time to time, and to suggest we’ve never been this political,” says Charles Gardner Geyh, a law professor at Indiana University and author of the 2008 book When Courts and Congress Collide. “In reality, we have always had a highly politicized selection process.” Several times in the 1800s, Geyh says, “the Senate certainly appears to have delayed with an eye toward saving the nomination for the next president.”

Though Garland’s failed nomination was far from unprecedented, at least one aspect of the modern Republican Senate’s move was new. The mid-1800s seat-snatchings took place before hearings on Supreme Court nominees were standard protocol, and before nominations were the subject of much open debate. So the historical record of why the Senate ran out the clock on the early nominees is thin, leaving historians to interpret its political motives from news accounts and correspondence of the time. Past senators kept their political motives unspoken; today’s admit them with pride.

“On several of these failed nominations, there seem to have been ostensible merit-based objections,” says Geyh. “Even you if can look at it and raise your eyebrows, and say, ‘Well, that really doesn’t seem like the real reason,’ they at least felt they needed that fig leaf. There was no such fig leaf with Garland.”

Battles over a president’s late-term judicial nominations are nearly as old as the Constitution itself. Thomas Jefferson’s successful fight against John Adams’ “midnight judges,” appointees rushed through in Adams’ last days in office in 1801, led to the famed Supreme Court case Marbury vs. Madison.

While the case is well known for establishing the court’s power of judicial review, its facts are less remembered. Just before Adams left office, Congress created dozens of new judicial positions. Adams quickly appointed men to fill them. When Jefferson took office, he refused to acknowledge some of Adams’ judicial appointments. William Marbury, an Adams appointee for District of Columbia justice of the peace, sued to receive his commission anyway, but lost the case. Jefferson later convinced Congress to abolish the new judgeships.
Certainly true we have seen equally of perhaps even more partisan times. I do however believe Garland is in fact the SCOTUS nominee who went the longest without ever receiving a hearing. My recollection is it was by something like a factor of 2.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video in which he appears to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

Saw that on Morning Joe this AM. Trump is suing (threatening to) broadcasters who run the ad. MSNBC ran it 6 times this morning. :lol: Just guessing they aren't too worried about being sued.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:33 pm https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... 180962589/

As much as I advocate anyone defending the seat being with Kavanaugh (not a guy I have much in common with; he tends to be a pro-government, pro-DC establishment, anti-civil rights) and not with Merrick Garland (ironically somewhat similar to Kavanaugh in his pro-DC/government anti-civil rights stances, but happens to be more reflexively anti-business and more pro-DNC agenda), you are literally tearing a scab from Democrats that shall never be healed. This one issue is their forever cause.

The courts imo had gone way too far left over the last many decades. And when I say left, I do not mean the traditional sense where they upheld civil rights.

The FISA Court is such an exquisite example of how today's Lect could not care less about civil rights. Your rights as citizens will almost always be trampled upon by those who adore DC power; the left leaning courts ruled FISA, and as you likely know, basically never bothered to inquire the substance of any oversight by government agencies; they merely rubberstamped the approvals. Most lefties do not see the harm in the abuse of citizen's civil rights; only a very few are even horrified by government abuses anymore, unless of course there is some accompanying virtue signal such as 'kids in cages' (not even citizens, natch). The hypocrisy is overwhelming. The few jurists who constantly poke the government bear in the eye are almost always from the right (think Gorsuch, Scalia).

Quite pathetic imo. And why many of us fear the Left in power far more than the Right...the Left's tendency today is to embrace totalitarianism. I've done that again, pointing out the obvious.

Incoming 3-2-1 :lol:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

WH response
Attachments
FLOTUS.jpg
FLOTUS.jpg (88.11 KiB) Viewed 1483 times
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:43 pm
CU88 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:36 pm Trump's campaign is trying to remove a video in which he appears to call the coronavirus a 'hoax,' saying it's misleading

Saw that on Morning Joe this AM. Trump is suing (threatening to) broadcasters who run the ad. MSNBC ran it 6 times this morning. :lol: Just guessing they aren't too worried about being sued.

Just for the record, is this the same "Morning Joe" that gave Trump endless free television time and guffawed with him for 12 months while he ran for POTUS?
DocBarrister

Re: Just Passed Italy

Post by DocBarrister »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:02 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm We just passed Italy in total confirmed cases.

DocBarrister :(
Could be we're 6 times their population.

And we've tested more people.
What will the excuse be when we pass China later today?

I don’t believe all the numbers coming out of China, but I also don’t think Xi Jinping’s dictatorial regime would begin easing restrictions if he didn’t really think the coronavirus pandemic was under control there. After all, Xi Jinping isn’t delusional like Donald Trump.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm Don't criticize our government leaders. Got it. Makes perfect sense. You going to follow this rule of yours?
Which part of the above is unclear?

Read it again. Did I say anything about defending our government leaders? Nope.

Then why are you asking me to provide examples of defending our government leaders?

You have spent this entire thread ripping on posters for daring to criticize our leaders. What country do you live in? North Korea? Should posters just stand at attention at sing the Pledge of Allegiance to our government?

Or is it perfectly normal and natural----and more to the point-----our job as American citizens, to criticize our government?

But to answer your stupid grammar school question, I praised Pence for a good press conference, and hit Pelosi for her normal buffalo bagels.

As usual, it's not my fault you either can't or don't want to read my posts.
a fan

Re: Just Passed Italy

Post by a fan »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:48 pm
6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:02 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm We just passed Italy in total confirmed cases.

DocBarrister :(
Could be we're 6 times their population.

And we've tested more people.
What will the excuse be when we pass China later today?

I don’t believe all the numbers coming out of China
Neither do I. Silly comparison.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I think MSNBC should run it as often as they wish. Because in the end, Trump is correct that what he said was that the "hoax" was in fact the Democrat's politicization of the coronavirus outbreak.

The TDS brigade is desperate to hang anything on Trump, hence running misleading videos and of course feeling giddy about what they think is the truth.

The American people are always smarter than you want to give them credit for. Trump will not win this fight, but by suing the broadcasters and sponsors of the ad, Trump gets to shine a brighter light on the real story rather than try to speak even-handedly to a press that hates him and therefore will never cast doubt on what is a very dubious ad.

And then cue the fascist card next of course, for trying to 'trample free speech". :lol: (hint to the sane ones here: fascist dictators don't sue to remove speech content...they merely take it; but hey, Orange Man Bad!!!)
ggait

Post by ggait »

Not a legal action at all. Just a PR messaging tactic -- pretty clever.

The letter was sent to TV stations and contained a bunch of Trump talking points. So basically a way to communicate Trump's narrative to the media. The hope being that those media outlets will broadcast some of that narrative.

There is zero legal basis to this.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:55 pm
a fan wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm Don't criticize our government leaders. Got it. Makes perfect sense. You going to follow this rule of yours?
Which part of the above is unclear?

Read it again. Did I say anything about defending our government leaders? Nope.

Then why are you asking me to provide examples of defending our government leaders?

You have spent this entire thread ripping on posters for daring to criticize our leaders. What country do you live in? North Korea? Should posters just stand at attention at sing the Pledge of Allegiance to our government?

Or is it perfectly normal and natural----and more to the point-----our job as American citizens, to criticize our government?

But to answer your stupid grammar school question, I praised Pence for a good press conference, and hit Pelosi for her normal buffalo bagels.

As usual, it's not my fault you either can't or don't want to read my posts.

Sometimes I have misplaced faith in your ability (willingness?) to admit failure. Ahhh, well. Être dans la lune.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:47 pm

Just for the record, is this the same "Morning Joe" that gave Trump endless free television time and guffawed with him for 12 months while he ran for POTUS?
I am sure OD appreciated it. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:57 pm

Not a legal action at all. Just a PR messaging tactic -- pretty clever.

The letter was sent to TV stations and contained a bunch of Trump talking points. So basically a way to communicate Trump's narrative to the media. The hope being that those media outlets will broadcast some of that narrative.

There is zero legal basis to this.

Agreed. Agreed. And agreed.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

There's zero chance that China's death numbers are 100% accurate. They are significantly light and highly inaccurate.

Watched videos of Chinese citizens being pulled from the streets by soldiers in level A and put into metal boxes in the back of trucks. Saw high-rise buildings being quarantined by bulldozers dropping loads of dirt/gravel in front of doors. Doors of full residential buildings being chained from the outside. Saw "temporary hospitals" being built that looked awfully like mass trench graves.

People have been mysteriously disappearing in China for years. Their numbers are not to be trusted. At all.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pmSometimes I have misplaced faith in your ability (willingness?) to admit failure. Ahhh, well. Être dans la lune.

And I have misplaced faith in your ability to read. You misread my post. As usual.

Stop ripping people for criticizing Trump, and stop being a pro-government zealot.

Clear enough for you?

Not to mention I gave you an immediate example of defending a Republican, Pence. Should I use smaller words for you next time?

Return to “POLITICS”