All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

calourie

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by calourie »

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:49 am
jhu72 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:38 am They are in the counties immediately surrounding DC.
You getting this from the Hopkins webpage?

Is there a website where you can find the demographics of the deceased?

It reads like you are happy that the numbers are increasing.......strange.
R3, I'm not sure i anyone else has posted this, but there is a county by county interactive map and information put out by IBM that can be accessed by scrolliing down on the site below. I was unable to post the actual page so you will have to do your own scrolling legwork unless you don't really want to know what you are talking about regarding this matter.

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... -us-2020-3
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Matnum PI wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:35 am pb, wow. the memory of the internet is amazing. there's no hiding our statements and mis-statements. *that* is a mis-statement. you can argue, yeah, but the virus didn't hit our shores until X date but... that's a mis-statement.

Again, I'm not trying to assassinate their characters (Levine and Health Commissioner), I don't know if I would have had the intelligence to do better, but those are indisputedly bad tweets.

February 9th. JHU72 says Trump should have been aware by January 15th.

It's somewhat easy now to understand why NYC is the epicenter of all this, when the people in charge were actually telling people Coronavirus was exaggerated.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

From Nate Silver twitter today:

Here's another interesting comparison. Yesterday, detected cases increased by 31% in Trump states as compared to 21% in Clinton states.

If detected cases in each set of states continue to increase at their current rates, the number of cases in Trump states would surpass the number of cases in Clinton states on 4/11... the day before Easter.

There is also likely significant underdetection in Trump states. In Trump states that report on hospitalizations, 20% of detected cases are resulting in hospitalizations, compared to 12% in Clinton states (10% without NY). That probably means a lot of mild cases are being missed.
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pmTrinity's maniacal focus on Trump and Trump's twitter feed brings zero to the table here. Trinity's sole goal with that post is to elevate the echo chamber's hatred of Trump, not to dive into how a megaphone might impact people's lives. One of the reasons I began to tune out TDS posts is because of this; they lost sight of the fight.
Take out "Trinity" replace with "6ftstick, cradlenshoot, rrr, ya", or several others...pick one...

Take out "Trump" and insert "Obama".

See? Look in the mirror. You guys taught us all about "the fight"

I don't doubt that there is something to this, but I want to state on the record (again) that I think Obama was a really good president. I am not saying I adored every policy he made or supported, nor am I saying I thought everyone he surrounded himself was superb, but I simply like the guy's class act, his family values, and his ease with people from all walks of life. I also think Bush handed him the single worst economy in the history of the United States except for the Depression, and his team did an excellent job.

Might I add (rather obnoxiously) that I have met this man (in all places, upstate New York!) and I told him how proud I was of him and his family for their 8 years of service, that he made all of us feel good to be Americans. And he knew I was not exactly a Democratic donor because of the setting. He smiled and told me 'there's hope for you yet'. :lol: Very good man.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pmTrinity's maniacal focus on Trump and Trump's twitter feed brings zero to the table here. Trinity's sole goal with that post is to elevate the echo chamber's hatred of Trump, not to dive into how a megaphone might impact people's lives. One of the reasons I began to tune out TDS posts is because of this; they lost sight of the fight.
Take out "Trinity" replace with "6ftstick, cradlenshoot, rrr, ya", or several others...pick one...

Zero to the table? Umm, nope. Canvassing Dear Leader's thinking and temperature through his favorite medium is not only totally fair game; it is newsworthy and interesting to see the diversions (Squirrel!!) he offers his supporters. And we get to see him mimic 7th graders, when he says "LameStream Media" and "Little Marco" and "Low Energy Jeb" and "Liddle" or "Shifty Schiff". It's history in slow-mo: watching the office of the Presidency dumbed-down, one "tweet" at a time.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Why are you so mean to me Dis? You just hurt my feelings. ;)
Can't we both just get along and live side by side in peace and harmony. Liberals and jack wagons can make it happen. :D
Last edited by cradleandshoot on Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:12 pm

Zero to the table? Umm, nope. Canvassing Dear Leader's thinking and temperature through his favorite medium is not only totally fair game; it is newsworthy and interesting to see the diversions (Squirrel!!) he offers his supporters. And we get to see him mimic 7th graders, when he says "LameStream Media" and "Little Marco" and "Low Energy Jeb" and "Liddle" or "Shifty Schiff". It's history in slow-mo: watching the office of the Presidency dumbed-down, one "tweet" at a time.

Only to those who wish it to be so...
DocBarrister

Just Passed Italy

Post by DocBarrister »

We just passed Italy in total confirmed cases.

DocBarrister :(
@DocBarrister
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:16 pm

It's not a question of the observer's wishes or intentions:

https://twitter.com/prioritiesUSA/statu ... 4553865216
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:50 am
Matnum PI wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:35 am pb, wow. the memory of the internet is amazing. there's no hiding our statements and mis-statements. *that* is a mis-statement. you can argue, yeah, but the virus didn't hit our shores until X date but... that's a mis-statement.

Again, I'm not trying to assassinate their characters (Levine and Health Commissioner), I don't know if I would have had the intelligence to do better, but those are indisputedly bad tweets.

February 9th. JHU72 says Trump should have been aware by January 15th.

It's somewhat easy now to understand why NYC is the epicenter of all this, when the people in charge were actually telling people Coronavirus was exaggerated.
Levine believed his president. :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm

Trump Coronavirus Timeline.jpg
Trump Coronavirus Timeline.jpg (119.74 KiB) Viewed 1427 times
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:15 pmCan't we both just get along and live side by side in peace and harmony. Liberals and jack wagons can make it happen. :D
Can you imagine what might have been accomplished had conservative jackwagons like Turkey Waddle, Huckleberry Graham and countless others just let Obama alone and let him govern? It's amazing, given the institutional opposition ("One Term" Mitch") that solid legislation like the ACA got done with such day-to-day jackwagonal (yeah, just coined that) folks blocking everything in sight and STEALING a SCOTUS seat...you know, inconsequential stuff like that.

Don't catalog FlimFlam Man's total incompetency? Yeah, that'll happen...

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

Don't criticize our government leaders. Got it. Makes perfect sense. You going to follow this rule of yours?
6ftstick

Re: Just Passed Italy

Post by 6ftstick »

DocBarrister wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm We just passed Italy in total confirmed cases.

Could be we're 6 times their population.

And we've tested more people.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

dislaxxic wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:47 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:15 pmCan't we both just get along and live side by side in peace and harmony. Liberals and jack wagons can make it happen. :D
Can you imagine what might have been accomplished had conservative jackwagons like Turkey Waddle, Huckleberry Graham and countless others just let Obama alone and let him govern? It's amazing, given the institutional opposition ("One Term" Mitch") that solid legislation like the ACA got done with such day-to-day jackwagonal (yeah, just coined that) folks blocking everything in sight and STEALING a SCOTUS seat...you know, inconsequential stuff like that.

Don't catalog FlimFlam Man's total incompetency? Yeah, that'll happen...

Still with the "stealing of a scotus seat"...

:cry:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:06 pmStill with the "stealing of a scotus seat"...
No other way to describe it...and that you're OK with it speaks volumes...

jhu72

Re: Just Passed Italy

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:02 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm We just passed Italy in total confirmed cases.

Could be we're 6 times their population.

And we've tested more people.
We aren't testing to the level you think. Per capita we are near the bottom of the testing barrel. Per capita, Italy and Spain have done more testing. The only place a lot of testing is being done is NY. That is beginning to change, but we are very far from testing to the NY level in the rest of the country. Try getting a test in Maryland. Good luck.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bart

Post by Bart »

seacoaster wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:20 pm

I hate graphs like that.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

CU88 wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:55 am From Nate Silver twitter today:

Here's another interesting comparison. Yesterday, detected cases increased by 31% in Trump states as compared to 21% in Clinton states.

If detected cases in each set of states continue to increase at their current rates, the number of cases in Trump states would surpass the number of cases in Clinton states on 4/11... the day before Easter.

There is also likely significant underdetection in Trump states. In Trump states that report on hospitalizations, 20% of detected cases are resulting in hospitalizations, compared to 12% in Clinton states (10% without NY). That probably means a lot of mild cases are being missed.
Yup. Outside of NY we are not doing a lot of testing. As other states start to increase in "walk in cases", that will change, but on a priority basis.

Return to “POLITICS”