All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Peter Brown

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Peter Brown »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:52 pm
Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 pm Listen to this idiot.

“The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!” DJTrump
take it to the orange duce thread. Your comment has nothing to do with solutions, ideas or news regarding the coronavirus. Please take the 27/7 hate to the appropriate threads.

WHO recommends people returning to work....or they did. Are they idiots too? get real.

Another excellent post

+1000
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:54 pm

“The LameStream Media is the dominant force in trying to get me to keep our Country closed as long as possible in the hope that it will be detrimental to my election success. The real people want to get back to work ASAP. We will be stronger than ever before!” DJTrump
take it to the orange duce thread. Your comment has nothing to do with solutions, ideas or news regarding the coronavirus. Please take the 27/7 hate to the appropriate threads.

WHO recommends people returning to work....or they did. Are they idiots too? get real.

Another excellent post

+1000
I disagree. What our POTUS does with his megaphone impacts lives.

That's relevant to the thread.

Not that this particular tweet wouldn't also find a home at Orange Duce, but that thread doesn't have anything specific to COVID-19.
Venn diagram.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

I love Florida so much, and yeah, my heart is in the Panhandle.

Because of people like Grover, mayor of Pensacola; this is the kind of politician I support.

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/healt ... ac8f17abe3

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/03/ ... r_greeting

Great state!! The good people here are almost as good as Hounds' fans.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:46 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:35 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm RR, is your only point that Trump isn't the only one who fouled up, at any point?

Is ANYONE arguing with you?

If no one is arguing otherwise, why keep belaboring it?...unless your real intent is to provide cover for Trump?

Trump is fouling up in real time and he's the only POTUS we have...thus, eyes on him.
Are you in complete control of your writing? Of course tRump had, and will continue to have, miscues. He is who he is.

So, beyond the obvious, since were NOT arguing, who else have you named as fouling up?
No one.

IS Trump prime minister of Italy? France? England? Iran? How they doin?
guys, please don't assume we disagree about others fouling up to. I've certainly said so.

Off the top of my head, I've certainly said that the Chinese bureaucrats (3,000 fired) fouled up, that Xi and others held back info from the world several heart beats too long, all of which were important at least as to the timing of this. They then took very draconian measures to choke out the virus' spread, measures we would find difficult to imagine here...I'm not advocating for those measures, I'm advocating to be smart enough to take other measures so the worst sorts can be avoided.

I've said that Italy fouled up big time, indeed their PM has since admitted (refreshing to have some admit a mistake!), by thinking that a travel ban would be enough to protect them and failing to go hard at social distancing as soon as it was known to have penetrated. They're now faced with an in incredibly bad situation, triaging care, health system over run. Intense lock down does appear to be bending the curve but they're far from out of the woods.

In contrast, SK has done a very good job.

I'd not argue that WHO was a little slow out of the gate on travel, but I'm less condemnatory that you seem to be, because they knew the horse was already out of the barn, indeed many, many unidentifiable horses had already left the barn by the time that countries were considering travel restrictions...it was too late. But I think they were wrong nevertheless as ANY slow down would have probably been worth it...IF...countries then got prepared for what was inevitable given those lost horses.

Here at home, it's clear that our arrogance about doing our own tests was a huge mistake. Whole bunch of folks involved in a series of errors.

But this buck stops with Trump.

Here's how bad this really still is: I just got off the phone with a tenant who owns a Cross Fit gym at our building (Maryland) and works as a contractor at NSA for main job. His wife, a hair dresser, has been very sick, flu symptoms, fever etc. Her partner in the business has been sick longer than her. Her partner finally was tested 5 days ago, no test results back. Wife has been unable to get a test, not for the flu not for cOVID-19. Doctors are doing zoom conferences, discuss her symptoms, prescribe her meds. But no test available...she doesn't meet the "criteria". Meanwhile, husband continues to work...no symptoms, but if it's COVID-19, he's potentially spreading virus wherever he goes...he's hoping that because he had a flu shot and he's not sick that it's just the flu...but who knows...and that's in Maryland where we think we have, on a relative scale, our act together!
Does King Andy take any blame for the lack of ventilators in NYS? He and his posse knew 5 years ago they needed 18 thousand of them in case of a respiratory pandemic in his state. King Andy has been pissing and moaning about the lack of federal response to his urgent cries for help. King Andy made the same mistake the feds did. They gambled they would not need them and ignored the advice to purchase more. Was that trumps fault as well? No one gets a pass here, there have been critical errors made on the part of all our leaders. I only wish that some people would have the integrity to admit this colossal sheepdip show is not only Trumps fault. It does not surprise me one single bit, for all you folks that think your beloved government will be there to save your bacon in times of need. Democrat or Republican leadership, keep drinking that kool aide. The only person you can look for to save your ass is looking back at you in your mirror everyday.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:59 pm I love Florida so much, and yeah, my heart is in the Panhandle.

Because of people like Grover, mayor of Pensacola; this is the kind of politician I support.

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/healt ... ac8f17abe3

https://www.pnj.com/story/news/2020/03/ ... r_greeting

Great state!! The good people here are almost as good as Hounds' fans.
Nice. Good move politically as well.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:00 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:12 pm RR, is your only point that Trump isn't the only one who fouled up, at any point?

If no one is arguing otherwise, why keep belaboring it?...unless your real intent is to provide cover for Trump?

Trump is fouling up in real time and he's the only POTUS we have...thus, eyes on him.
Are you in complete control of your writing? Of course tRump had, and will continue to have, miscues. He is who he is.

So, beyond the obvious, since were NOT arguing, who else have you named as fouling up?
No one.

guys, please don't assume we disagree about others fouling up to. I've certainly said so.

Off the top of my head, I've certainly said that the Chinese bureaucrats (3,000 fired) fouled up, that Xi and others held back info from the world several heart beats too long, all of which were important at least as to the timing of this. They then took very draconian measures to choke out the virus' spread, measures we would find difficult to imagine here...I'm not advocating for those measures, I'm advocating to be smart enough to take other measures so the worst sorts can be avoided.

I've said that Italy fouled up big time, indeed their PM has since admitted (refreshing to have some admit a mistake!), by thinking that a travel ban would be enough to protect them and failing to go hard at social distancing as soon as it was known to have penetrated. They're now faced with an in incredibly bad situation, triaging care, health system over run. Intense lock down does appear to be bending the curve but they're far from out of the woods.

I'd not argue that WHO was a little slow out of the gate on travel, but I'm less condemnatory that you seem to be, because they knew the horse was already out of the barn, indeed many, many unidentifiable horses had already left the barn by the time that countries were considering travel restrictions...it was too late. But I think they were wrong nevertheless as ANY slow down would have probably been worth it...IF...countries then got prepared for what was inevitable given those lost horses.

Here at home, it's clear that our arrogance about doing our own tests was a huge mistake. Whole bunch of folks involved in a series of errors.

Here's how bad this really still is: I just got off the phone with a tenant who owns a Cross Fit gym at our building (Maryland) and works as a contractor at NSA for main job. His wife, a hair dresser, has been very sick, flu symptoms, fever etc. Her partner in the business has been sick longer than her. Her partner finally was tested 5 days ago, no test results back. Wife has been unable to get a test, not for the flu not for cOVID-19. Doctors are doing zoom conferences, discuss her symptoms, prescribe her meds. But no test available...she doesn't meet the "criteria". Meanwhile, husband continues to work...no symptoms, but if it's COVID-19, he's potentially spreading virus wherever he goes...he's hoping that because he had a flu shot and he's not sick that it's just the flu...but who knows...and that's in Maryland where we think we have, on a relative scale, our act together!
Does King Andy take any blame for the lack of ventilators in NYS? He and his posse knew 5 years ago they needed 18 thousand of them in case of a respiratory pandemic in his state. King Andy has been pissing and moaning about the lack of federal response to his urgent cries for help. King Andy made the same mistake the feds did. They gambled they would not need them and ignored the advice to purchase more. Was that trumps fault as well? No one gets a pass here, there have been critical errors made on the part of all our leaders. I only wish that some people would have the integrity to admit this colossal sheepdip show is not only Trumps fault. It does not surprise me one single bit, for all you folks that think your beloved government will be there to save your bacon in times of need. Democrat or Republican leadership, keep drinking that kool aide. The only person you can look for to save your ass is looking back at you in your mirror everyday.
Already discussed, cradle, maybe you missed it.

The last part is interesting though.
You staying at home with your personal ventilator if you go into respiratory distress?
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:58 pm

Another excellent post

+1000

As an accidental Democrat, that does not surprise; maybe you'll return to sanity one day. :lol:

Trinity's maniacal focus on Trump and Trump's twitter feed brings zero to the table here. Trinity's sole goal with that post is to elevate the echo chamber's hatred of Trump, not to dive into how a megaphone might impact people's lives. One of the reasons I began to tune out TDS posts is because of this; they lost sight of the fight.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Hey welcome back!
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Another excellent post

+1000

Not that this particular tweet wouldn't also find a home at Orange Duce, but that thread doesn't have anything specific to COVID-19.
Venn diagram.
(

This guy automatically assumes that the quote is real. What else do you swallow?

(never any video's to provide some context to his fake posts ??/)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pm

Another excellent post

+1000

As an accidental Democrat, that does not surprise; maybe you'll return to sanity one day. :lol:

Trinity's maniacal focus on Trump and Trump's twitter feed brings zero to the table here. Trinity's sole goal with that post is to elevate the echo chamber's hatred of Trump, not to dive into how a megaphone might impact people's lives. One of the reasons I began to tune out TDS posts is because of this; they lost sight of the fight.
Yup, it's a sanity question for me. :roll:
I do like the "accidental Democrat" label though, that's worth a chuckle. :D

On Trump's tweets and statements to the press, the use of his megaphone bully pulpit, they really do matter on this topic.

You know they do.

It's just embarrassing to those who are desperate to support him, nevertheless, when he goes and burp's loudly again. So, it's understandable that you want us to not pay attention to what he's telling his millions of followers.

But their actions in response will kill others not just themselves. That's why it matters.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:26 pm Put another way, why is there such a large CDC, data driven discrepancy in the 2009 swine flu deaths? World wide and in the US ?

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resour ... demic.html

Additionally, CDC estimated that 151,700-575,400 people worldwide died from (H1N1)pdm09 virus infection during the first year the virus circulated.**

Are the current, "real time" Johns Hopkins **(huh !!) updates as accurate, or rather INaccurate, as the cdc estimates?

**Why is a private business running the real time data?
Because its an estimate? I would think that very few of the people who died from the disease were actually tested for it.

This is an interesting read: http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspect ... ths-284000

As for the current numbers, I would think the numbers are a more accurate reflection of the death rates due to the nature of those being tested at this time. Certainly in countries like Korea, US, and the European countries.
Lets say I am going to build you that Timber Frame addition. I give you an estimate, ranging from $100k to $500K.

You hiring me?

exactly
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:37 pm
Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 pm
you're fine with such data?

Evidently, it was too expensive for your hero tRUMP. So he dumps it all and then proceeds to blame Obama.
What was too expensive? trump has INCREASED and increased.

You can't steer me to the pandemic board blueprint either. You know, the one that Obama set up.

Why can't you provide it?

My hero trump? Why do you post comments like this? What does TRUMP have to do with a virus?

Willing to bet, if you go back, you clowns bashed the clown FOR closing down CHina travel. On every single thread.

Doesn't NY have lots of ventalators now? They got THOUSANDS yesterday, did they not?

Gov. control national guard.....NOT the Federal govt. But you STEM guys already know this :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Your hero initially proposed reducing the CDC budget and canned a few of that group's officials just in case you forgot. Yeah, he's taking some corrective measure (FINALLY!) but that's after the fact. He should have done much of this beforehand. Still, he blames Obama.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pm

No one.

Probably, does not mean you can't repeat your wisdom on it. Did King Andy make a huge eff up? The vast majority of folks on these threads have been telling us what a great job King Andy is doing. If he had done his due diligence 5 years ago he would have alot less to complain about today. I listened to his pompous address on local radio today. The host of the radio show cut it off short and said... i think it is time now to get back to our normal programming. King Andy will never be a part of the solution, he is ingrained indelibly as a part of the problem. It amazes me to no end how so many folks out there are mesmerized by King Andy's BS and make him out to be some sort of a hero. King Andy is a pint sized version of Donald Trump. He is just one more lying crooked politician playing people he believes he can con into taking him seriously. If you live in upstate NY, that is no mystery to all of us.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:04 pm

Another excellent post

+1000

Venn diagram.
(

This guy automatically assumes that the quote is real. What else do you swallow?

(never any video's to provide some context to his fake posts ??/)
hey, do debunk any misquotes, have at it...we debunk stuff around here all the time.

Tough to do with Trump's Twitter though.

wish he'd shut up, but ahh well.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Another excellent post

+1000

On Trump's tweets and statements to the press, the use of his megaphone bully pulpit, they really do matter on this topic.

You know they do.

It's just embarrassing to those who are desperate to support him, nevertheless, when he goes and burp's loudly again. So, it's understandable that you want us to not pay attention to what he's telling his millions of followers.

But their actions in response will kill others not just themselves. That's why it matters.

I don't pay attention to his tweets; why would you? You won't change the guy. If his style unsettles you, the best thing you can do is, besides vote, simply tune him out. On a day to day basis, the name Trump never passes my lips or anyone I know. It's obviously big here on this "Politics" board, but his name doesn't comes up much with my circle. I just have never understood the obsession with the guy. He doesn't offend me nor am I an obsessed fan.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:49 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:38 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:48 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 pm Biden's VP...
Val Demings
Uncle Joe stuttered as a kid. What's her excuse ?
Why do you care?
Because I want someone who knows the meaning of the words they're mispronouncing.
I though you wanted an upgrade from Trump.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:09 pm

Another excellent post

+1000

You know they do.

You are insane. Why the F is any grown adult following, quoting or any other type of passing on his social media junk.

Did you hear what Madonna and Jay Z tweeted. It's the same thing.

Have we reached a thousand deaths yet? I bet the murders in just Baltimore and Chicago is higher than the USA coronavirus deaths.

Or.......we just wait? HUH? If you are telling us all that millions will die without doing x, y and z........instead, we have this.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

btw, we have a number of employees in FL looking for their $1,200 now...I'm not gonna guarantee they won't blow it on an alligator or python hunt, but they want that cash. That check means a ton to many people in this country. Hold it up at your peril. These boys don't remember a lot, but they'll remember who delayed their check.

:!:
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:02 pm

No one.

The last part is interesting though.
You staying at home with your personal ventilator if you go into respiratory distress?
I am guessing you never watched the movie platoon... " evva body gotta die some time" MD i have cheated death more time than i can tell you. I could get run over by a damn bus just as easily as i could kick the can from the corona virus. When it is my time, it will be my time. i will be damned if i will sheep dip in my pants waiting for that day to come. i am more than willing to allow you to be terrified for me. That seems to be right up your alley.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Brooklyn wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Your hero initially proposed reducing the CDC budget and canned a few of that group's officials just in case you forgot. Yeah, he's taking some corrective measure (FINALLY!) but that's after the fact. He should have done much of this beforehand. Still, he blames Obama.

I care NOT on what any politician SAYS. I care what they DO. Trump INCREASED the CDC budget. Every single chance he got. That is the real world.

Do YOU have the missing blueprint from Obama's pandemic taskforce, or did some oligarch leave it at the really, really nice Manhatten hotel in October? Maybe Petro is reading it at the Hopkins library?

Return to “POLITICS”