All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Trinity

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Trinity »

Senator Burr gets sued for stock dump.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/investo ... d=69783195

Breaking—-

Whom do you trust for #coronavirus info:

Dems:

CDC 87%
Your governor 75%
National media 72%
Friends/family 72%
Religious leaders 44%
Trump 14%

Republicans:

Trump 90%
CDC 84%
Friends/family 81%
Religious leaders 71%
You governor 65%
National media 13%

-CBS/YouGov
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:39 am Senator Burr gets sued for stock dump.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/investo ... d=69783195

Breaking—-

Whom do you trust for #coronavirus info:

Dems:

CDC 87%
Your governor 75%
National media 72%
Friends/family 72%
Religious leaders 44%
Trump 14%

Republicans:

Trump 90%
CDC 84%
Friends/family 81%
Religious leaders 71%
You governor 65%
National media 13%

-CBS/YouGov
Seems to me the republicans have a real cognitive dissonance problem. Trump and CDC --> oil and water :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Big brother is watching.

How good are you at social distancing?

Find out down to your county’s level:

https://www.unacast.com/covid19/social- ... rning_brew
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:18 am
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:14 am
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 amwhat is wrong with Biden?
Saw this yesterday and I didn't find it so indecipherable. Very similar to Nancy's, I don't cares. he, like so many others, is speaking to the importance of isolating and he's frustrated that others, especially the POTUS, doesn't understand this. The Twitter video is purposely edited to not make sense.

It wasn't edited; it was clipped. There is a big difference.

That being said, he has periods of lucidity, then his mind obviously goes off the rails. It's not defaulting today, but there is no way you can convince me this guy will be able to hang in there four years. He is definitely declining here.
PB, I've been watching this guy for decades, never been a fan, and he long ago earned a rep for being a gaffe machine. It was only recently that we learned why, the same brain mechanism that caused his childhood stuttering, which he's almost entirely overcome. The remaining bits are the occasional misplacement of words.

No one who isn't out to smear him doesn't agree with this.

That said, I do think his age shows.
But please, let's not kid ourselves about Biden's challenges being anywhere near as bad Trump's mental deficiencies, well documented.

I get why the hard right wants to play up Biden's issues: because they know, deep in their bones, that it's a YUGE issue for their candidate... but it really isn't anywhere near the same magnitude.

In a binary choice on this dimension alone it's not a close call.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am Big brother is watching.

Turn off you GPS and your cell phone transceiver. Better yet, don't carry a mobile phone.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 am
Saw this yesterday and I didn't find it so indecipherable. Very similar to Nancy's, I don't cares. he, like so many others, is speaking to the importance of isolating and he's frustrated that others, especially the POTUS, doesn't understand this. The Twitter video is purposely edited to not make sense.

That being said, he has periods of lucidity, then his mind obviously goes off the rails. It's not defaulting today, but there is no way you can convince me this guy will be able to hang in there four years. He is definitely declining here.
PB, I've been watching this guy for decades, never been a fan, and he long ago earned a rep for being a gaffe machine. It was only recently that we learned why, the same brain mechanism that caused his childhood stuttering, which he's almost entirely overcome. The remaining bits are the occasional misplacement of words.

But please, let's not kid ourselves about Biden's challenges being anywhere near as bad Trump's mental deficiencies, well documented.

I get why the hard right wants to play up Biden's issues: because they know, deep in their bones, that it's a YUGE issue for their candidate... but it really isn't anywhere near the same magnitude.

I'm waiting his choice of VP. if he chooses Kamala, I am out.

As for Trump, I sure wish he'd replace Pence with Hailey.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Bates lacrosse player to get experimental drug after lost test:

https://6abc.com/6048718/
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:55 am

I'm waiting his choice of VP. if he chooses Kamala, I am out.

As for Trump, I sure wish he'd replace Pence with Hailey.
I'm rooting for Amy.

But in a binary choice at the top of the ticket, it simply doesn't matter.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:10 am Bates lacrosse player to get experimental drug after lost test:

https://6abc.com/6048718/
Hope it works for him.
Thanks for sharing Kram.

My son is a year older than Jack.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 am I'm posting this here because it has to do with Coronavirus speaking, but what is wrong with Biden? I realize nothing in this universe will change people's votes in the Fall, which is fine, but does anyone else see what is happening with this guy? This is a very serious post and not meant to provoke the Dems. I honestly think something is off about Joe. Bernie is older but way more aware.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/joe-biden- ... 202891856/
Joe got tripped up over the phrase “the cure is worse than the disease.” So did Anderson Cooper the other night.

George Bush said, “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, I won’t get fooled again” with apologies to The Who.

Joe is inarticulate. Always has been. Don’t confuse that with a lack of intelligence or judgment, or with dementia. Yes, he isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is light years better than what we got right now.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

njbill wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:55 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:56 am I'm posting this here because it has to do with Coronavirus speaking, but what is wrong with Biden? I realize nothing in this universe will change people's votes in the Fall, which is fine, but does anyone else see what is happening with this guy? This is a very serious post and not meant to provoke the Dems. I honestly think something is off about Joe. Bernie is older but way more aware.

Joe got tripped up over the phrase “the cure is worse than the disease.” So did Anderson Cooper the other night.

George Bush said, “fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, I won’t get fooled again” with apologies to The Who.

Joe is inarticulate. Always has been. Don’t confuse that with a lack of intelligence or judgment, or with dementia. Yes, he isn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is light years better than what we got right now.
The problem with Joe is the ever increasing frequency off his gaffs. It ain't like it happens occasionally. He is now prone to foot in mouth disease every time he starts to ramble on when he talks.If you are saying this is no big deal, I could not disagree more.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:54 am Big brother is watching.

My wife put me on to this this morning, and I had (what I think is) a similar reaction. Kind of spooky.
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

Great PSA from Uganda about COVID-19:

Last edited by RedFromMI on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

[youtube][/youtube]
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:18 am Image
The United States is clearly an outlier now, on a trajectory worse than China or Italy.

Most disturbing, the U.S. case count (over 60,000 cases and over 800 deaths) is primarily being driven by New York right now. Check the numbers and there are hints that states like Florida, Pennsylvania, and Virginia are starting to surge.

It’s clear now that the United States is on its way to having the most cases and the most deaths from this pandemic, a damning indictment of Trump’s complete failure of leadership.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:03 pm The problem with Joe is the ever increasing frequency off his gaffs. It ain't like it happens occasionally. He is now prone to foot in mouth disease every time he starts to ramble on when he talks.If you are saying this is no big deal, I could not disagree more.
What should we do about it?

I didn't vote for Joe in the primary.

I'm also not going to vote for someone else who makes gaffs even more often and with more increasing frequency than Biden.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The pattern seems to be that you need 2-3 weeks of serious social distancing to get some bend in the curve.

Depending on the particular place, here in the U.S. we are 1-2 weeks in.

So hopefully we'll start to see some bend this time next week. Only going to get worse until then as the hurricanes start landfalling in NYC, FL, Nola, etc.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
njbill

Post by njbill »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:03 pm
njbill wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:55 pm

The problem with Joe is the ever increasing frequency off his gaffs. It ain't like it happens occasionally. He is now prone to foot in mouth disease every time he starts to ramble on when he talks.If you are saying this is no big deal, I could not disagree more.
We view these things with our own lenses.

I would disagree he does this “every time” he opens his mouth. Sometimes, yes. Too much, yes. But not “every time.” I frankly am more concerned with the fact that he seems to be unable to avoid pretty serious confrontations with people at rallies. He has to learn to keep his cool better, or to simply walk away from someone confronting him, who at times is simply trying to get a rise out of him.

“No big deal”? Again, it depends on your perspective. I would say it is a “deal,” though not a “big deal.” I respect your right to think otherwise.

But, as many have said, it is a binary choice. I think any mental deficiencies Joe may have pale in comparison to those afflicting Trump.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:08 pm [youtube][/youtube]
Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:18 am Image
The United States is clearly an outlier now, on a trajectory worse than China or Italy.

Most disturbing, the U.S. case count (over 60,000 cases and over 800 deaths) is primarily being driven by New York right now. Check the numbers and there are hints that states like Florida, Pennsylvania, and Virginia are starting to surge.

It’s clear now that the United States is on its way to having the most cases and the most deaths from this pandemic, a damning indictment of Trump’s complete failure of leadership.

Unfortunately, this will be even more evident two weeks from now.
God help us if Trump stays on the course of telling people they can 'pack the churches'.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

DocBarrister wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:08 pm

Doc, so you being involved with EVENT 201,along with these leaders, aren't they failing ? By the way, I heard the coffee is really good at the Pierre Hotel. Where they met. (of course, you will deny this event occurred in the first place. )

http://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/event201/

GREAT list.

Analyst, The Center for Biosecurity of UPMC (University of Pittsburgh Medical Center)
Chris Elias, President, Global Development division, Gates Foundation
Tim Evans, Former Senior Director of Health, World Bank Group
Avril Haines, Former Deputy Director, Central Intelligence Agency; Former Deputy National Security Advisor
Sofia Borges, Senior Vice President, UN Foundation
George Gao, Director-General, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Latoya Abbott, Risk Management and Global Senior Director, Occupational Health Services, Marriott International
Stanley Bergman, Chairman of the Board and CEO, Henry Schein, Inc. (a worldwide distributor of medical and dental supplies including vaccines, pharmaceuticals, financial services and equipment)
Stephen Redd, Deputy Director, Public Health Service and Implementation Science, US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Paul Stoffels, Chief Scientific Officer, Johnson & Johnson
Jane Halton, Board member, ANZ Bank; Former Secretary of Finance and Former Secretary of Health, Australia
Matthew Harrington, Global Chief Operations Officer, Edelman (one of the largest PR/marketing consultancy firms in the world, in fees/revenue)
Chokwe Ihekweazu, Director General, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control
Martin Knuchel, Head of Crisis, Emergency and Business Continuity Management, Lufthansa Group Airlines
Eduardo Martinez, President, The UPS Foundation
Hasti Taghi, Vice President and Executive Advisor, NBCUniversal Media
Lavan Thiru, Chief Representative, Monetary Authority of Singapore
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”