Ideal Coaches Open Discussion

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

Re: Ideal Coaches Open Discussion

Post by gymman1031 »

Keegan Wilkinson-Marist
Hope they can hold onto him if Marist keeps doing well.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Harry Doolittle of Federal University
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Voelker
Shay
Byrnes
DeLuca
Warne
Danowski
Milliman
Desko
Fedorjaka
Cassese
Tillman
Wray
Gilardi
Cannella
Moran
Tierney (yes both of them)
Toomey
Tiffany
Conry
Corrado
Daly
Polley
Voelker
Gravante
Murphy
Marr

Did we list them all yet? They’re all great (except for Petro). We get it.

Now let’s move onto assistant coaches, shall we?
Oldbarndog

Post by Oldbarndog »

Have to go with Manny's and Gabrielli's college coach, Greg Canella. By far the straightest shooter my son encountered during the recruiting process. He was fortunate enough to have four great years in Amherst.
"Dear Naps. Sorry I was such a jerk to you when I was a kid"
WHOWHATWHERE

Post by WHOWHATWHERE »

Henpecked, did you ever think I was using this to get an understanding of the coaches that are recruiting my son? Not sure what crawled up your.... but if you have no interest in posting, do not post. Some of us use this to gain information and knowledge not add vitriol....

Character means something..
Parputt

Post by Parputt »

WHOWHATWHERE wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:09 am Henpecked, did you ever think I was using this to get an understanding of the coaches that are recruiting my son? Not sure what crawled up your.... but if you have no interest in posting, do not post. Some of us use this to gain information and knowledge not add vitriol....

Look closely at who is NOT listed. (and I don't mean petro or tambroni.)
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

WHOWHATWHERE wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:09 am Henpecked, did you ever think I was using this to get an understanding of the coaches that are recruiting my son? Not sure what crawled up your.... but if you have no interest in posting, do not post. Some of us use this to gain information and knowledge not add vitriol....

All I am suggesting is that this is the absolute wrong place to gain that information. Every single D1 coach has a supporters (parents and students). Otherwise they would not get recruits, maintain recruits and keep their jobs. So you could get a positive response about every single coach.

I would also say that any negative comments about individual coaches should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. There are a ton of frustrated lax dads on this forum who don't understand why their child is not playing. In almost every case, no surprise, it's the coach's fault. He has no character evidently.

If you are truly interested in that information and your kid is being recruited, ask to talk to the parents of both starters and practice players. They will give you an honest assessment. This is not the place for that because of the anonymous nature of posts in my opinion.
Last edited by Henpecked on Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Ideal coach has a great graduation rate. Perhaps look at retention rate of staff and players as well. Most importantly the players. Majors of those actually playing. Metrics like this can form a sense of "program".

Still love the comment from a young man, being asked how he felt about the coach leaving. "I'm going to Harvard b/c it's Harvard, not the coach ".

If you are choosing college bc of a coach, isn't that going against all the advice the lax community offers?

ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
genesrfree

Post by genesrfree »

Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:46 am Jon Birsner, VMI. You gotta be there to understand.
Disagreed 100% and have been there!
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

genesrfree wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:19 am
Dip&Dunk wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:46 am Jon Birsner, VMI. You gotta be there to understand.
Disagreed 100% and have been there!
Ok I will bite. why?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”