All Things Environment

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Climate Change & The Environment

Post by foreverlax »

Terrific show, hosted by Will Smith, One Strange Rock, does a fantastic job explaining the complexities of our planet...through science.

My bottom line, what we do "here" has in impact "there".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

runrussellrun wrote:Rich man oligarch billy at the gates shows up with a jar of human pooh. Expecting to read on about "new" ways of treating human waste without introducing all those nitrates into our worlds water supply. Alas, just more of the same ole same ole water flushing toilets...........yawn.

How is the human waste disposed of on a multi-day submerged NUKE sub done salut1

(fought tooth and nail with a local board in Vermont about the permit for an incerating toilet. Works great. expensive though........but umm.....so WERE solar panels )

Geez billy at the gates didn't even talk about 3rd world biodigesters.........creating GAS to burn too.

Next time you believers wanna meet at lax tailgate, I will gladly explain what PPM means by adding the equal amount of increase of co2 of Mahones Gin to your drink. Less than an eye of the needle. Pretty tough to blow illegal on the ole Mass statey breathOHlizers. Give me a call if you get pulled over, I KNOW people in uniform
Now I know why Trump was right about not wanting these people from sh*t hole countries here.

“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

If you knew about a problem, but failed to take corrective measures, are you culpable if tragedy occurs? The very stupid Gov. Brown is blaming "deniers" for the wildfires destruction. He is also saying that he knew about the dangers or gravity, yet did NOTHING to safeguard the citizens of California of the "new normal" Real people died b/c YOU , gov. brown, didn't send in helicopters to get the people of Paradise out.

Government idiots are suing oil/gas companies b/c they KNEW........is the California government now claiming ignorance to the specific "catostrophic" events due to gravity change? Insanity.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-suns ... scientist/ Stop the presses... stop the presses one more change of direction here pilgrims. For you climate freaks out there break out your erasers... we're back to global cooling now. Kindly spread the word around to the rest of the freak circus... we so very much want you all to be on the same page for a change. :lol: To quote bugs bunny... " what a bunch of maroons"
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

cradleandshoot wrote:https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-suns ... scientist/ Stop the presses... stop the presses one more change of direction here pilgrims. For you climate freaks out there break out your erasers... we're back to global cooling now. Kindly spread the word around to the rest of the freak circus... we so very much want you all to be on the same page for a change. :lol: To quote bugs bunny... " what a bunch of maroons"
If you actually read and _understand_ the article, the record cold refers not to the troposphere (the lowest part of the atmosphere where we all live, below the stratosphere), but to the highest of four layers, the thermosphere. This is the most tenuous layer of the atmosphere. It is responsible for the drag on near orbit satellites, for example. So being cold there will shrink the outermost layer of the Earth's atmosphere, and make satellite drag a bit less.

However, there is not a very direct connection to the weather/climate where we live...

(BTW, I have taught astronomy at the college level for about a quarter century, so I know a little about this sort of thing)

Here is the article referenced in your link: https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2018/09 ... r-minimum/
Typical Lax Dad

RedFromMI wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote:https://www.iceagenow.info/lack-of-suns ... scientist/ Stop the presses... stop the presses one more change of direction here pilgrims. For you climate freaks out there break out your erasers... we're back to global cooling now. Kindly spread the word around to the rest of the freak circus... we so very much want you all to be on the same page for a change. :lol: To quote bugs bunny... " what a bunch of maroons"
If you actually read and _understand_ the article, the record cold refers not to the troposphere (the lowest part of the atmosphere where we all live, below the stratosphere), but to the highest of four layers, the thermosphere. This is the most tenuous layer of the atmosphere. It is responsible for the drag on near orbit satellites, for example. So being cold there will shrink the outermost layer of the Earth's atmosphere, and make satellite drag a bit less.

However, there is not a very direct connection to the weather/climate where we live...

(BTW, I have taught astronomy at the college level for about a quarter century, so I know a little about this sort of thing)

Here is the article referenced in your link: https://spaceweatherarchive.com/2018/09 ... r-minimum/
I have learned that facts will never get in the way of what people believe.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Showed up in my twitter feed today, from Dr. Peter Gleick (won a MacArthur fellowship in 2003). Image he shows at a climate talk, and an audience member asked why don't I see that on the front page of my newspaper because it is so convincing. His comment: "Dear newspapers: over to you"
temps.jpg
temps.jpg (59.84 KiB) Viewed 2457 times
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

We need to stop looking so hard, the problem is below our feet (like Hell) not above (as in the Heaven). This explains the graph below perfectly. It's typical smoke and mirrors...they have us looking everywhere except where the problem really origniates and nothing can be done about it.

just like the lyrics of the YES song...It Can Happen
Look down
Look out
Look around
Look up
Look down
There's a crazy world outside
We're not about to lose our pride

Money ain't fixing what we are being told is broken fellaz, Mother Nature is in control.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
RedFromMI wrote:

The facts as they have been explained to us tell us that the new window until the point of no return is now 12 years. If you want to continue to continue your belief in this steaming hot truckload of environmental buffalo bagels you can go knock yourself out. In 12 years when the collective group of idiots tells you that in 12 more years the planet will be doomed you bunch of gullible fools will be soaking it all up and believing. I say the same thing I have said here before... Our planet will do what it wants, when it wants and how it wants. Some of you folks have deluded yourself with the notion that insignificant human types have any say in what planet earth will do. u have even gone so far as thinking that the United Nations will save our planet. I will live on this earth until I die, I will enjoy the ride, I will enjoy the view and I will always be a good steward of the planet. I will always believe that a small but very influential wing of the environmental nutjobs is playing you folks for a bunch of gullible fools who don't have the common sense to use the common sense you were born with. Go ahead keep living out the next 12 years, then the next 12 years then the next 12 years and so on and so forth. Maybe after awhile even the most gullible among you will finally realize you have been conned. :roll: https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -un-report
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
RedFromMI wrote:

The facts as they have been explained to us tell us that the new window until the point of no return is now 12 years. If you want to continue to continue your belief in this steaming hot truckload of environmental buffalo bagels you can go knock yourself out. In 12 years when the collective group of idiots tells you that in 12 more years the planet will be doomed you bunch of gullible fools will be soaking it all up and believing. I say the same thing I have said here before... Our planet will do what it wants, when it wants and how it wants. Some of you folks have deluded yourself with the notion that insignificant human types have any say in what planet earth will do. u have even gone so far as thinking that the United Nations will save our planet. I will live on this earth until I die, I will enjoy the ride, I will enjoy the view and I will always be a good steward of the planet. I will always believe that a small but very influential wing of the environmental nutjobs is playing you folks for a bunch of gullible fools who don't have the common sense to use the common sense you were born with. Go ahead keep living out the next 12 years, then the next 12 years then the next 12 years and so on and so forth. Maybe after awhile even the most gullible among you will finally realize you have been conned. :roll: https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... -un-report
Thanks...we should just do away with the EPA since Some of us folks have deluded ourselves with the notion that insignificant human types have any say in what planet earth will do
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Oh man, I couldn't wait to post this when I saw it - it just hits on too many buttons around these parts.

Prenatal exposure to air pollution linked to autism risk, study says - https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/health/a ... index.html

Actual Study here: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamape ... ct/2714386
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
RedFromMI wrote:

Thanks...we should just do away with the EPA since Some of us folks have deluded ourselves with the notion that insignificant human types have any say in what planet earth will do
Which EPA are you referring to TLD? The EPA of the seventies that was concerned about the actual environment or the EPA circa 2000 that is all concerned about protecting the world from something they don't even understand... but sure as hell can make a ton of money on. Quick question TLD... could the EPA have regulated our way out of the eruption on Mt St Helens?? Was the just the earth doing what it will do when it wants to do it?. If you believe the EPA is going to save your bacon and save our planet you my friend are deluding yourself. Hey knock yourself out I will continue to live in the real world not the hypothetical computer driven model of a bunch of environmental whack jobs who keep forecasting environmental cataclysm behind every 12 year interval that they predict. The same people who have been wrong since their the world will turn into an ice cube predictions of the mid seventies when I was first introduced to this con-job. Its been forty plus years of failed predictions by the same bunch of idiots. TLD... I really need to invite you to our poker table... you are the kind of cat we are always looking for... ;)
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

holmes435 wrote:Oh man, I couldn't wait to post this when I saw it - it just hits on too many buttons around these parts.

Prenatal exposure to air pollution linked to autism risk, study says - https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/19/health/a ... index.html

Interesting. So I did a quick check on Autism stats by country (see below) and Hong Kong has the highest, seems everything downwind of China has higher numbers. The lower numbers appear after the air has been washed around quite a bit. Notice how Singapore is slightly South of China...mostly out of the immediate jet-stream.

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
cradleandshoot wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:
RedFromMI wrote:

Which EPA are you referring to TLD? The EPA of the seventies that was concerned about the actual environment or the EPA circa 2000 that is all concerned about protecting the world from something they don't even understand... but sure as hell can make a ton of money on. Quick question TLD... could the EPA have regulated our way out of the eruption on Mt St Helens?? Was the just the earth doing what it will do when it wants to do it?. If you believe the EPA is going to save your bacon and save our planet you my friend are deluding yourself. Hey knock yourself out I will continue to live in the real world not the hypothetical computer driven model of a bunch of environmental whack jobs who keep forecasting environmental cataclysm behind every 12 year interval that they predict. The same people who have been wrong since their the world will turn into an ice cube predictions of the mid seventies when I was first introduced to this con-job. Its been forty plus years of failed predictions by the same bunch of idiots. TLD... I really need to invite you to our poker table... you are the kind of cat we are always looking for... ;)
Believe what you want to believe.....
https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/cau ... s/chromium
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

But the earth is getting greener.... brusht1 ;) https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/12226
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:But the earth is getting greener.... brusht1 ;) https://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov/12226
Thanks.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote:
holmes435 wrote:Oh man, I couldn't wait to post this when I saw it - it just hits on too many buttons around these parts.

Interesting. So I did a quick check on Autism stats by country (see below) and Hong Kong has the highest, seems everything downwind of China has higher numbers. The lower numbers appear after the air has been washed around quite a bit. Notice how Singapore is slightly South of China...mostly out of the immediate jet-stream.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how this develops, especially as countries get better at diagnosing Autism itself. I'm not sure there is even an agreed upon diagnosis from country to country, and at what point someone on the spectrum is considered Autistic. Autism rates are extremely hit or miss and depend a lot on the country and people in them doing the collecting and reporting. I would imagine getting Autism rates and other certain info out of China is like asking Iran how many gay people there are in their country. Add on top of that massive poverty and lack of access to care in in many areas, which also applies to places like India.

It's gonna take more localized and controllable studies to continue to learn more about this, like what they did in Vancouver.
Typical Lax Dad

Humans have no impact on the planet. The earth is going to do what the earth is going to do.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

When we all crowd into Canada we’ll have universal health care and a leader who doesn’t earn distain all around the free world.
Last edited by Trinity on Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump

Return to “POLITICS”