All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

a fan

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:57 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:10 am
6ftstick wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:51 am
Any company that wants to keep their employees and pay their bills. And will pay it back
Right. So if you're a small business, and have no assets, as is the case with most restaurants.....how do you get that loan?

You can't get it. Know how I know this? I have restaurant owner friends------big ones-----who have applied. And even if you can somehow get the money, now you're in massive debt when you were just fine a few weeks ago.

And you're going to open your business in the worst recession we have ever seen.

Sense the problem now?
PB --- you can bring back or start up an airline, just as if it were a restaurant.
It's not like we need air transportation anyway.
You're making this so complicated.
You're being intentionally obtuse, and looking to pick a fight where there isn't one. I'm not saying don't help the airlines.

I'm saying it's ridiculous to help the airlines with a line item bailout, while at the same time, NOT help restaurants in any meaningful way. I've been advocating this entire time to help EVERYONE.

Both you and PB agree with this. Stop acting like you don't.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:57 pm I haven’t broken any rules this time around.
Glad to hear you have learned your lesson.

⏳
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump wants Christians to pack the churches in three weeks. Bookmark this. Then tell me Putin didn’t back the perfect stooge.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:36 pm Trump wants Christians to pack the churches in three weeks. Bookmark this. Then tell me Putin didn’t back the perfect stooge.
They have been packing churches in Louisiana. They now have an infection rate higher than NYC.

This is beyond partisan politics...its more like life and death for many people.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm Let’s get back to talking about the issues.
Having a T shirt made up with the above. PM me with your size and color preference. This offer also available to other posters.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Bart wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:08 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:40 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:52 pm
Trinity wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:24 am Cuomo talks a lot of sense. Battle the foe where it is. Move and adapt. As soon as safe send recovered workers and the young back to work. We can do both jobs, but first job is hospital capacity. Fema sent 4000 respirators. He needs 30 k.
In 2015 NYS and King Andy were advised that the state was short 16,000 ventilators. They chose to kick the can down the road. Today it has come back to bite King Andy. He is doing a great job handling the crisis that he helped to make worse. To be fair, no state government heeded the warnings. The federal government is just as guilty. Now the whole country is in a mad scramble to catch up.
King Andy has a lot of followers, outside of NYS. I've been impressed so far.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2020 ... reenfield/

So when you run short of ventilators, which NYS is doing you become color coded. Code Red, top priority. When you get to code yellow blue and green, the expletive term would be... you are F***ed. This is kinda of a sneak preview how single payer health care works. You FLP jackwagons made fun of the death panels. The stupidity of not having enough ventilators in the midst of a viral pandemic, because a state or federal government agency chose not to be prepared because they could not afford it. Some government wonk, not an insurance bean counter will decide who lives and who dies. I can't wait to hear all the BS spin on this from all of you lying FLP jack wagons. Single payer means the government decides who will live and who will die under any circumstance that they decide. The proof right here is in the decision making made in the FLP peoples republic of NYS. They could have purchased 16,000 ventilators as was recommended... :roll:
Question: In 2015 would you have been good with Andy spending 550 million on ventilators?
Not if he just ordered new ones at bust out retail.Saw one report that there's tens of thousands on functional ventilators stuck in dusty storerooms because they're not digital or can't connect with the web for recordkeeping. Saw one McGivered prototype by a UofM med student that might be functional in an emergency. It was a failure to imagine & prepare for the worst possibility, at all levels.

Same with PPE, antibiotics & other critical pharma stockpiles or manufacturing capabilities.
old salt

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:39 pm Why can't we get a COVID19 test at the Jack in the Box drive thru ?
https://abcnews.go.com/International/ma ... d=69226222
...or do it at state vehicle emissions testing stations ?
Hah ! Yesterday Gov Hogan announced a coming drive thru testing station at Redskins FedEx field parking lot + 5 MD VEIP testing stations, as soon as the high throughput tests become available.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Atlanta icus are full up, but Brian Kemp don’t test for nobody. Georgia dumb.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:30 pm
Any company that wants to keep their employees and pay their bills. And will pay it back
Right. So if you're a small business, and have no assets, as is the case with most restaurants.....how do you get that loan?

You can't get it. Know how I know this? I have restaurant owner friends------big ones-----who have applied. And even if you can somehow get the money, now you're in massive debt when you were just fine a few weeks ago.

And you're going to open your business in the worst recession we have ever seen.

Sense the problem now?
PB --- you can bring back or start up an airline, just as if it were a restaurant.
You're being intentionally obtuse, and looking to pick a fight where there isn't one. I'm not saying don't help the airlines.

I'm saying it's ridiculous to help the airlines with a line item bailout, while at the same time, NOT help restaurants in any meaningful way. I've been advocating this entire time to help EVERYONE.

Then wait & see what form the airline relief takes before getting all worked up.
It might just be no interest loans.
We can save the airlines. We can't save all the restaurants (look at their failure rates in normal times).
Many will start over & come back, if they don't make it.
Waiters & busboys can stock grocery shelves.
Airline staff take longer to regenerate.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 pm Yet, I don't agree with Ginn regarding the re-opening of schools (I do agree that all data and assumptions need to be re-tested, and re-test the re-tests, and keep re-testing).
Pretty much EVERYONE agrees with that! I certainly do.

The problem I and many other had with Ginn was that he went well beyond that, and declared that it was safe to re-open the schools and public spaces (based on his mis-reading of one small piece of data).
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:54 pm Do I still get the booze (hold the snacks, thanks)?
When the scientific consensus is that the chance of dying from going to such an event has dropped to one sigma above background, I will be there with the booze in person! :D
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Let's put things in perspective:
Smoking caused deaths per year in the US 480,000+
Coronavirus 687
Live Free or Die!
Bart

Post by Bart »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 pm
Bart wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:38 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:08 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:40 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:52 pm
Trinity wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:24 am Cuomo talks a lot of sense. Battle the foe where it is. Move and adapt. As soon as safe send recovered workers and the young back to work. We can do both jobs, but first job is hospital capacity. Fema sent 4000 respirators. He needs 30 k.
In 2015 NYS and King Andy were advised that the state was short 16,000 ventilators. They chose to kick the can down the road. Today it has come back to bite King Andy. He is doing a great job handling the crisis that he helped to make worse. To be fair, no state government heeded the warnings. The federal government is just as guilty. Now the whole country is in a mad scramble to catch up.
King Andy has a lot of followers, outside of NYS. I've been impressed so far.
https://www.frontpagemag.com/point/2020 ... reenfield/

So when you run short of ventilators, which NYS is doing you become color coded. Code Red, top priority. When you get to code yellow blue and green, the expletive term would be... you are F***ed. This is kinda of a sneak preview how single payer health care works. You FLP jackwagons made fun of the death panels. The stupidity of not having enough ventilators in the midst of a viral pandemic, because a state or federal government agency chose not to be prepared because they could not afford it. Some government wonk, not an insurance bean counter will decide who lives and who dies. I can't wait to hear all the BS spin on this from all of you lying FLP jack wagons. Single payer means the government decides who will live and who will die under any circumstance that they decide. The proof right here is in the decision making made in the FLP peoples republic of NYS. They could have purchased 16,000 ventilators as was recommended... :roll:
Question: In 2015 would you have been good with Andy spending 550 million on ventilators?
Not if he just ordered new ones at bust out retail.Saw one report that there's tens of thousands on functional ventilators stuck in dusty storerooms because they're not digital or can't connect with the web for recordkeeping. Saw one McGivered prototype by a UofM med student that might be functional in an emergency. It was a failure to imagine & prepare for the worst possibility, at all levels.

Same with PPE, antibiotics & other critical pharma stockpiles or manufacturing capabilities.
But that was the point of the article. He did not order them at the time, for 550 million. New, and that now in hindsight everyone was good with that. I find that hard to believe. I think if he did that in 2015 people would be calling for his head. If he does in in 2021 people would probably cheer.

Do you happen to have a link to the report on functional but old ventilators?
youthathletics

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:42 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:39 pm Why can't we get a COVID19 test at the Jack in the Box drive thru ?
https://abcnews.go.com/International/ma ... d=69226222
...or do it at state vehicle emissions testing stations ?
Hah ! Yesterday Gov Hogan announced a coming drive thru testing station at Redskins FedEx field parking lot + 5 MD VEIP testing stations, as soon as the high throughput tests become available.
So long as they don't stick that wand up my tailpipe. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:57 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Sense the problem now?

Then wait & see what form the airline relief takes before getting all worked up.
It might just be no interest loans.
We can save the airlines. We can't save all the restaurants (look at their failure rates in normal times).
Many will start over & come back, if they don't make it.
Waiters & busboys can stock grocery shelves.
Airline staff take longer to regenerate.
Great. Doesn't change my position. I'm saying it's ridiculous to help the airlines with a line item bailout, while at the same time, NOT help restaurants in any meaningful way. I've been advocating this entire time to help EVERYONE.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:24 am

The post above qualifies, imo, as unreservedly uninformed.

Too much to reply to, but I would note that Liberty University (4 universities in the United States that qualify as 'conservative' I guess, out of a total of 5,000+...but you found them Brooklyn! Excellent sleuthing! These four have about the same ratio of conservative to liberal as our media divide!
Breitbart = NBC!! :lol: ), actually invited Bernie Sanders to give a speech on its grounds, and he encountered a very polite audience. In fact, they actually cheered.

Sanders' speech was frequently interrupted by cheers.

https://www.vox.com/2015/9/14/9323041/b ... university

No one rushed the stage, yelled into megaphones, threw food at Bernie, or otherwise acted like totalitarian jackwagons. Unlike, say...

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/20 ... est_2.html

Some cheered Bernie "But it became apparent during the Q&A that a much larger portion of the audience was still skeptical.''

CONservative shut down free speech: https://reason.com/2017/10/16/whittier- ... -shutdown/

https://reason.com/2019/09/19/the-growi ... ee-speech/

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/p ... r-college/

I can post a few more of these delusional righties shutting down free speech. But you get get the picture.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Wrong. This is all about using a crisis to drag Trump. Nothing has worked for Democrats. They’re giddy over this virus, hoping it destroys lives and the economy. . It’s the only way they think they can beat Trump. And it will only make Trump and his supporters even stronger than ever. America will defeat this virus, the media and the Democrats in 2020. And you’ll be wallowing into obscurity

~ giddy over this virus ... hoping it destroys lives and the economy ~

Proof, please. Give specific examples, post links to any speeches which reflect any of these ideas. Total lie and libel if you can't do so.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Brooklyn wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:54 pm
Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:37 pm

Wrong. This is all about using a crisis to drag Trump. Nothing has worked for Democrats. They’re giddy over this virus, hoping it destroys lives and the economy. . It’s the only way they think they can beat Trump. And it will only make Trump and his supporters even stronger than ever. America will defeat this virus, the media and the Democrats in 2020. And you’ll be wallowing into obscurity

~ giddy over this virus ... hoping it destroys lives and the economy ~

Proof, please. Give specific examples, post links to any speeches which reflect any of these ideas. Total lie and libel if you can't do so.
Search any liberal media hack on twitter and you will find a ton of it.

Here’s a sample of a Democrat politician not caring about citizens but about museums instead!! Rep Nadler is a great example of Democrat hypocrisy, elitism and how they think about everyday Americans.

“NYC isn't NYC without our non-profit museums. But if we want our museums to survive COVID-19, we need to protect them NOW. That's why I led the NYC Congressional delegation with @RepMaloney in calling for $4 billion in emergency funds to equip museums to outlast this pandemic.”

Here’s Nancy Pelosi on CNN when asked about Trump hoping the country can get back to normal on 4/12- Easter Sunday.

"I don't care! I don't care! I don't care!"

That's what Nancy Pelosi said when she heard Trump wants to Re-Open America by Easter Sunday—with a temper tantrum

She doesn't care that millions will lose their jobs

She doesn't care about the economy

She doesn't care about America
Last edited by Bandito on Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

njbill wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:38 pm
Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:06 pm Let’s get back to talking about the issues.
Having a T shirt made up with the above. PM me with your size and color preference. This offer also available to other posters.
How’s your TDS? 2024 is a long ways away. Your post is a violation of forum rules and will be reported.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

The current Democrat stimulus proposal...

- $300M for Migrant and Refugee assistance

- $800M for Endowment for the Humanities and Arts

- $100M for NASA

- $25M for cleaning supplies for the Capital Building.

- $25M for additional House of Reps salary.

None of these items help the American people during this crisis. Democrats don’t care about Americans. They only care about trying to own Trump, which they’ve failed every attempt they’ve tried.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 pm

Search any liberal media hack on twitter and you will find a ton of it.

Here’s a sample of a Democrat politician not caring about citizens but about museums instead!! Rep Nadler is a great example of Democrat hypocrisy, elitism and how they think about everyday Americans.

“NYC isn't NYC without our non-profit museums. But if we want our museums to survive COVID-19, we need to protect them NOW. That's why I led the NYC Congressional delegation with @RepMaloney in calling for $4 billion in emergency funds to equip museums to outlast this pandemic.”

Here’s Nancy Pelosi on CNN when asked about Trump hoping the country can get back to normal on 4/12- Easter Sunday.

"I don't care! I don't care! I don't care!"

That's what Nancy Pelosi said when she heard Trump wants to Re-Open America by Easter Sunday—with a temper tantrum

She doesn't care that millions will lose their jobs

She doesn't care about the economy

She doesn't care about America

Nadler? Check out his site and he addresses the economic impact upon them - ''Museums in New York State support 61,000 jobs''. He wants to protect those jobs and the billions those museums generate.

Try again.

Pelosi? She applauded ACA: https://pelosi.house.gov/news/press-rel ... ng-of-take

While your hero Trump destroyed it thereby killing Americans.

Try again.

Still waiting for your "proof".

Return to “POLITICS”