All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

I think Trump is saying that he is scared sh*tless he will go bankrupt and/or lose the election, so everything needs to go back to what it was before.

He will convince himself the result of such malfeasance as opening things up early cannot possibly happen. Never mind that a US with millions of extra deaths and a broken down health care system will be in a deep depression economically anyway. He just won’t see that likelihood.
seacoaster

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:19 pm https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/24/bill-ga ... tdown.html

Bill Gates says we missed our chance, now must endure the shutdown.
C'mon man: who you gonna trust?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:22 pm I think Trump is saying that he is scared sh*tless he will go bankrupt and/or lose the election, so everything needs to go back to what it was before.

He will convince himself the result of such malfeasance as opening things up early cannot possibly happen. Never mind that a US with millions of extra deaths and a broken down health care system will be in a deep depression economically anyway. He just won’t see that likelihood.
Yes. Agreed.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 pm From the VSG:

"A lot of people agree with me. Our country is not built to built to shut down. Our people are full of vim and vigor and energy. They don't want to be locked into a house or an apartment, it's not for our country."

He's as good as killing people with this stuff.
https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/24/politics ... index.html

Donald Trump is clearly mentally deficient. A clear and present danger to the American people. Time to invoke the 25th Amendment so that Mike Pence can continue to bungle the coronavirus response.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

"A lot of people agree with me. Our country is not built to built to shut down. Our people are full of vim and vigor and energy. They don't want to be locked into a house or an apartment, it's not for our country."

He's as good as killing people with this stuff. He said it's OK to go back to work because a lot of people die from the flu and car accidents.
We are talking about more deaths than EVER killed by cars...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:24 pm

He's as good as killing people with this stuff. He said it's OK to go back to work because a lot of people die from the flu and car accidents.
We are talking about more deaths than EVER killed by cars...
Red, you have to listen to the Fox interview. It is remarkable even for Trump.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1242498516771057666
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:18 am
Bandito wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:03 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:14 am An Arizona woman who was left in critical condition and whose husband died after they took chloroquine phosphate said, “Don’t believe anything that the president says.”

Yahoo News Feed

Lesson learned the hard way.
They drank fish tank cleaner. Trump did not say to drink this. This is why the media is called Fake News and The Enemy of the People. You’re spreading lies. Typical democrat
You are spreading stupidity just like your hero.
Look in the mirror. I’m posting facts. You spew hot air, lies and hatred because of your severe TDS. You suck at the mainstream media teat all day long. You are severely brainwashed. With that condition I implore you sequester yourself so you don’t feel inclined to drown yourself in fish tank cleaner. Figured a degree from JHU was worth something. Every post you write, really shows how worthless a degree from JHU is
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:51 pm Julius Sharpe on Twitter...

Idea for @realDonaldTrump:
1) Bail out cruise industry
2) Put all the people who think we shouldn’t quarantine on these cruises
3) See what happens!
This is a great idea. And all those who found Ginn's "evidence over hysteria" article "compelling" should be hosting parties!
Open up public spaces
With such little evidence of prolific community spread and our guiding healthcare institutions reporting the same results, shuttering the local economy is a distraction and arbitrary with limited accretive gain outside of greatly annoying millions and bankrupting hundreds of businesses. The data is overwhelming at this point that community-based spread and airborne transmission is not a threat.
https://www.zerohedge.com/health/covid- ... r-hysteria
Last edited by CU77 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:07 pm
But because time is of the essence here, it served its purpose: to get the Senate Rs to start compromising with the other side. My current Twitter feed at noon EDT is saying they are close (Shumer: 2 yard line).
The Seattle Seahawks were on the two yard line once...

Does anybody have confidence that Congress can 'RUN THE D*MN BALL'? I don't.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

An ice skating rink in Madrid will become a makeshift morgue for coronavirus victims as the Spanish death toll reaches 2,000.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:47 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:28 pm Indeed. I just would hope that a media organization purporting to be about truth would fight back against the Left mob when it comes baying (as it always does).

Fixed it for you. You claim to be non-partisan. You're telling me that you have never heard Rush Limbaugh, or enjoyed FoxNation's nonsense?

I stupidly thought---for about a week----that FoxNation would be all over Trump, because few things he does are based on conservative principles.

Boy was I wrong.

Rush, Hannity, and FoxNation have showed us that they aren't conservative. They're Republicans. And all they want is for the 1%er multinational corporate party to continue on the backs of Americans. Just like the Clinton-Corporate-Dems.

I have heard of Rush sure, but I don't normally listen to him (or Fox, though of course I do every so often if something interesting is on and someone gives me a heads up). I'm sure I don't know which station Rush broadcasts on here in Sunny FLA, even though he lives up the road.

Here's a story that might help you, a fan.

I'm friends in Florida with an elderly, immensely wealthy widow from Michigan. She's obviously a Fox fanatic; veryyyyyyyy conservative. I believe she is 80 years old. The other week, she put me and 30 or so others on an email blast, forwarding an email she had sent the head of Fox, threatening to boycott Fox if they 'ever put Alexandria Ocasio Cortez on Fox ever again!!!!'.

As for me, I love it when AOC is on Fox, and I love hearing a civilized, thoughtful debate of ideas. Bret Baier, a man I've met several times, interviewed her. I don't agree with many of AOC's solutions, but I respect her intellect and her sincerity; I also think you need to respect her leadership of so many people who think like her. What a respectful dialogue. Bret didn't say anything emotional; AOC handled herself great. I am a fan of such dialogue.

Back to my old friend. I was not going to reply because it's not really on me to say 'hey I disagree with you about this'. But her friends sure did, almost all of whom are surely conservative based on their replies. They in essence lit her up for being intolerant of ideas. And I smiled from behind my computer or iPhone. They are correct.

As I say, you either believe in free speech, or you don't; it's too easy to see who is not down with free speech. The Left is running off with speech suppression; wink at it at your peril. There's no middle ground.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/alexandr ... a30fc6ddb2

Fixed it back for you ;)
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:45 pm As I say, you either believe in free speech, or you don't; it's too easy to see who is not down with free speech. The Left is running off with speech suppression; wink at it at your peril. There's no middle ground.
So is the right. What do you and others say when someone criticizes our President?

You tell them they are lefties, and have TDS.

This is your idea of an open exchange of ideas?

Or the right calling anything that pops their bubble "fake news". That's an open exchange of ideas?

No. It's not. Stop telling us that only the left is intolerant. You KNOW this is flat out stupid and wrong.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

As bad as this is, the LT Governor of TX might as well be on ANOTHER PLANET suggesting that older folks at higher risk look to patriotically give it up so younger/healthier people can be part of a saved country. How the F, do complete morons like this get elected??????????
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:45 pm As I say, you either believe in free speech, or you don't; it's too easy to see who is not down with free speech. The Left is running off with speech suppression; wink at it at your peril. There's no middle ground.
So is the right. What do you and others say when someone criticizes our President?

Or the right calling anything that pops their bubble "fake news". That's an open exchange of ideas?

No. It's not. Stop telling us that only the left is intolerant. You KNOW this is flat out stupid and wrong.

You presume that the Left wants a dialogue. Not sure where you've been the last few years, but a large part of the whole Left mantra now is: no more dialogue. See that on campus or on media every day. And the reasoning gets, frankly, more idiotic by the minute.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but take a look at Ginn's post and the hysteria around it (I believe you jumped on this bandwagon as well, no?) As it turns out, MIT today backed his claim that warmer weather might in fact be helpful to slow down the spread of Covid-19. Horrors!

Yet the other day, it seemed that most of the civilized Left universe turned their aim and angst against this anti-Trumper (no less!) for having the audacity to question assumptions in our methodologies and analysis. I am sure that most believed he was a Trump guy, hence the vitriol. Again, let's recall his offense: he sought to make all of us re-examine our assumptions and models on several fronts, so that supplies could be directed efficiently and not haphazardly.

Don't you ever wonder what you are doing? It's comical to see bandwagons develop around any one issue, here on fanlax or Twitter or on MSM. You can always spot it a mile away. Last night, you just knew the Mensa candidates who drank fish tank cleaner would be blamed on Trump. This is too easy. The scary part of how easy it is, is when someone points to the Left's insanity (or imbecility), they are ganged up on.

I am here at fanlax merely to provide balance to an otherwise imbalanced debate. :lol:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

again, not to beat a dead horse, but take a look at Ginn's post and the hysteria around it (I believe you jumped on this bandwagon as well, no?) As it turns out, MIT today backed his claim that warmer weather might in fact be helpful to slow down the spread of Covid-19. Horrors!
Somehow these guys should have told Modi in India who just locked down the Indian subcontinent (1.2 BILLION people) which last time I checked is on the equator and is a very warm and humid climate year round.

Speaking of bandwagons, you are a model of how to do exactly what you complain everyone else you disagree with is doing. I suggest you find a mirror and gaze into it.
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm You presume that the Left wants a dialogue.
No. No I don't. What I'm reacting to you is your ridiculous assertion that the right wing is filled with free thinking philosopher hippies. They're intolerant, too.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm Again, not to beat a dead horse, but take a look at Ginn's post and the hysteria around it (I believe you jumped on this bandwagon as well, no?) As it turns out, MIT today backed his claim that warmer weather might in fact be helpful to slow down the spread of Covid-19. Horrors!
Might. Is that they ONLY assertion he made? Nope. It ain't. You know doggone well that he's not helping. Stop defending some dumb kid with an Econ. degree.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm Yet the other day, it seemed that most of the civilized Left universe turned their aim and angst against this anti-Trumper (no less!) for having the audacity to question assumptions in our methodologies and analysis. I am sure that most believed he was a Trump guy, hence the vitriol. Again, let's recall his offense: he sought to make all of us re-examine our assumptions and models on several fronts, so that supplies could be directed efficiently and not haphazardly.
Great. And if he's wrong, now what? Do you want to listen to a 30 year old with zero medical background?

This is not complicated. You are arguing for the sake of argument.
Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm I am here at fanlax merely to provide balance to an otherwise imbalanced debate. :lol:
And just like they assume he's an anti-Trump, you assume a bunch of lacrosse lovers are wild eyed lefties. Brookie and Doc are it. The rest of us? Moderate left, moderate right, depending on the issue.

Doesn't matter how many times anyone tells you----you're to the LEFT of many/most of us on MANY issues. You just plug your ears and blindly blather on, 100% sure that we're all as far left as left gets.......
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:55 pm

As bad as this is, the LT Governor of TX might as well be on ANOTHER PLANET suggesting that older folks at higher risk look to patriotically give it up so younger/healthier people can be part of a saved country. How the F, do complete morons like this get elected??????????

The pearl-clutching here is (again) so predictable. :roll:

First, do you know how old Patrick is? 70 in less than 2 weeks.

Let's roll the tape some, huh?

"No one reached out to me, and said as a senior citizen, are you willing to take a chance on your survival in exchange for keeping the America that all America loves for your children and grandchildren? And if that is the exchange, I am all in." He also said, “Let’s get back to work. Let’s get back to living. Let’s be smart about it,” Patrick said. “And those of us who are 70 plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country.”

Stop the presses! You mean he said we can get America back to work and also address the Coronavirus?!?!? No way! Let's all pile on!

:lol:
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Nigel wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:33 pm
RedFromMI wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:07 pm
But because time is of the essence here, it served its purpose: to get the Senate Rs to start compromising with the other side. My current Twitter feed at noon EDT is saying they are close (Shumer: 2 yard line).
The Seattle Seahawks were on the two yard line once...

Does anybody have confidence that Congress can 'RUN THE D*MN BALL'? I don't.
EPIC post!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:00 pm
a fan wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:50 pm

You presume that the Left wants a dialogue. Not sure where you've been the last few years, but a large part of the whole Left mantra now is: no more dialogue. See that on campus or on media every day. And the reasoning gets, frankly, more idiotic by the minute.

I actually teach at a college, and I can tell you there is no such thing where I sit. Now I am not on campus now (although I was yesterday), but you get the idea.

Again, not to beat a dead horse, but take a look at Ginn's post and the hysteria around it (I believe you jumped on this bandwagon as well, no?) As it turns out, MIT today backed his claim that warmer weather might in fact be helpful to slow down the spread of Covid-19. Horrors!

First, Ginn was claiming that warmer weather _would_ slow down things enough so that it would burn out. I don't think MIT backed that...

Yet the other day, it seemed that most of the civilized Left universe turned their aim and angst against this anti-Trumper (no less!) for having the audacity to question assumptions in our methodologies and analysis. I am sure that most believed he was a Trump guy, hence the vitriol. Again, let's recall his offense: he sought to make all of us re-examine our assumptions and models on several fronts, so that supplies could be directed efficiently and not haphazardly.

If you are talking about Ginn, he was so far out over his skis he was flipping in air... Most everything he said was closer to wishful thinking than actual knowledgeable analysis. That is what we had problems with. Challenging this sort of stuff is important, because there are those who will pick up his thoughts and think well someone else is saying something different, so I can choose just to believe that instead.

The problem with that is that it is an example of lower level learning (one opinion is as good as another) which should be replaced by higher level thought as someone is educated. See Perry's Stages of Cognitive Development, which I have used in my classes for guiding discussions of difficult topics.

Don't you ever wonder what you are doing? It's comical to see bandwagons develop around any one issue, here on fanlax or Twitter or on MSM. You can always spot it a mile away. Last night, you just knew the Mensa candidates who drank fish tank cleaner would be blamed on Trump. This is too easy. The scary part of how easy it is, is when someone points to the Left's insanity (or imbecility), they are ganged up on.

I am here at fanlax merely to provide balance to an otherwise imbalanced debate. :lol:

In that sense of one opinion is as good as another...
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

“I think we, in a way, are protecting the students by having them on campus together,” he (Jerry Falwell, Liberty Univ. Pres.) said. “Ninety-nine percent of them are not at the age to be at risk and they don’t have conditions that put them at risk.”

https://t.co/G6a5uYKAEd?amp=1
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”