Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kramerica.inc

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by kramerica.inc »

big risk shutting the recruiting down. THAt tells me they have some returnees in the pipeline
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:09 am big risk shutting the recruiting down. THAt tells me they have some returnees in the pipeline

I understand Charlie's dilemma. Too many bodies tbh.

We are going to be very good next few years...
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Loyola trounces Army in sim game:

https://lacrossereference.com/game-win- ... tclaxpower

I mean, the outcome wasn’t unexpected....

;)

But got to question a sim that had us shooting a fantastic 56% and only winning 42% of Faceoffs.

But let that message sink in. It’s proof how good this team will be with a little work on finishing. Improve our shooting only a hair and those extra possessions become deadly to the opposition.

Salisbury has won so much because they always dominate possessions and have multiple 3 goal runs each game. Just one run puts your team in a very good position to win. If we can string together 1 or 2 three-goal runs per game next year, this team’s offense will be amazing. Makes me very excited for next season.
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

I'm just happy the ear wax ads stopped. I'm here to help your page count.
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:30 am Loyola trounces Army in sim game:

;)

But got to question a sim that had us shooting a fantastic 56% and only winning 42% of Faceoffs.

But let that message sink in. It’s proof how good this team will be with a little work on finishing. Improve our shooting only a hair and those extra possessions become deadly to the opposition.

Salisbury has won so much because they always dominate possessions and have multiple 3 goal runs each game. Just one run puts your team in a very good position to win. If we can string together 1 or 2 three-goal runs per game next year, this team’s offense will be amazing. Makes me very excited for next season.
lol
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msit5rwK4ms

just a little clip of what the team would've worn for the rest of the 2020 season.

I really liked the choice they made of mixing up the color uniforms for each game. In years past they used to match all white for the home games and all green for away.

This year, players decided to wear white tops with the green decaled shorts and vice versa for their games and i liked the aesthetics.

Hope they get to redesign these for 2021!

Edit- they finally included the all black jerseys again. Must've been saving them for a really big game.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

houndace1 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:34 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Msit5rwK4ms

just a little clip of what the team would've worn for the rest of the 2020 season.

I really liked the choice they made of mixing up the color uniforms for each game. In years past they used to match all white for the home games and all green for away.

This year, players decided to wear white tops with the green decaled shorts and vice versa for their games and i liked the aesthetics.

Hope they get to redesign these for 2021!

Edit- they finally included the all black jerseys again. Must've been saving them for a really big game.

Houndace1: you are on probation here for continually posting on the 2020 Hounds thread. This is the only thread going forward! :lol:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Lenwood117 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:47 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:30 am Loyola trounces Army in sim game:

;)

lol
#SALD

#SlightedArmyLaxDad
loyola11

Post by loyola11 »

Spoke with a Loyola dad last night, players got an email from Toomey. PL meeting today about how to handle 5th year and schedule. Do you keep the PL 2020 schedule or move onto 2021.

Will be interesting what comes out of it
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Odd concept as the teams would be completely different than the 2020 versions that were on the field. But interesting.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 am Odd concept as the teams would be completely different than the 2020 versions that were on the field. But interesting.
would they? 2021 teams would have a majority of everybody back as this years freshmen through juniors are all back. some of the senior members would be back too, if i'm not mistaken
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I Guess I’m just a stickler.
I think that’s like saying the Loyola 2012 team was the same as the 2013. Simply not true.
I don’t think we will see as many seniors returning for another year as we originally expected. And Any change in the roster is a change in team dynamic. I think we will be very good next year. But kids will move on, different kids will step up. Others mature. Kids will get older, others will graduate and hear the real world calling. Underclassmen discover work ethics. Kids pay their dues and are ready to compete and step up.It’s life and it’s lacrosse. So you can’t consider these the same teams. Even if they are similar personnel-wise.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Good morning all - I've been following the NCAA story just a little and seems like they will be meeting soon to discuss the implications of the shortened season for Spring Sports. I don't have strong opinions about it one way or the other and hope a good decision is found that will maintain some fairness (if possible), and integrity for the current and incoming players, as well as the financial implications for the schools, large and small (D1-DIII).

Having said that, I have found some Twitter feeds from Loyola Men's Lacrosse thanking and applauding members of the current senior class for their efforts and wishing them the best. Sounds like a goodbye to me. Also saw two tweets expressing thanks for the return of McNulty and Railey, who will be 5th year seniors (but were injured and redshirted; Railey for 2 seasons). That's about all I know. Take care and stay safe.
loyola11

Post by loyola11 »

NovaHound wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:33 am Good morning all - I've been following the NCAA story just a little and seems like they will be meeting soon to discuss the implications of the shortened season for Spring Sports. I don't have strong opinions about it one way or the other and hope a good decision is found that will maintain some fairness (if possible), and integrity for the current and incoming players, as well as the financial implications for the schools, large and small (D1-DIII).

Having said that, I have found some Twitter feeds from Loyola Men's Lacrosse thanking and applauding members of the current senior class for their efforts and wishing them the best. Sounds like a goodbye to me. Also saw two tweets expressing thanks for the return of McNulty and Railey, who will be 5th year seniors (but were injured and redshirted; Railey for 2 seasons). That's about all I know. Take care and stay safe.
Here is my take... I dont think the NCAA will give the spring athletes another season. FIrst, financially, if a senior wanted to come back to loyola he would have to pony up 60K plus... No scholarships, those have been given to the incoming freshman, which have already signed a contract with the school to come. Especially with schools endowments taking a hit. Second, we have always been taught as athletes that sometimes when we don't get the right call, that we can't complain about it, that we just need to move on and continue. Most teams have played 5-7 games. This constitutes approx 40-50% of the regular season, not including playoffs,

IMO the fairest option is to move on and look to next year.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

loyola11 wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:20 am
NovaHound wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:33 am Good morning all - I've been following the NCAA story just a little and seems like they will be meeting soon to discuss the implications of the shortened season for Spring Sports. I don't have strong opinions about it one way or the other and hope a good decision is found that will maintain some fairness (if possible), and integrity for the current and incoming players, as well as the financial implications for the schools, large and small (D1-DIII).

Here is my take... I dont think the NCAA will give the spring athletes another season. FIrst, financially, if a senior wanted to come back to loyola he would have to pony up 60K plus... No scholarships, those have been given to the incoming freshman, which have already signed a contract with the school to come. Especially with schools endowments taking a hit. Second, we have always been taught as athletes that sometimes when we don't get the right call, that we can't complain about it, that we just need to move on and continue. Most teams have played 5-7 games. This constitutes approx 40-50% of the regular season, not including playoffs,

IMO the fairest option is to move on and look to next year.
https://www.espn.com/college-sports/sto ... g-athletes

It's official. Spring sports players enrolled in school this past season, including current seniors, have a year of restored eligibility. It will be interesting to see how Toomey and Loyola handle this. Does it mean that the rich will get richer - keeping those outstanding players within any class? Can you imagine another year at Loyola for the likes of Lindley, Olmstead, Savio, Rezanka, Wyers, Leblanc, etc...or will they decide to just finish their careers in four years and move on? Going to be an interesting predicament.

I believe you will see reduced incoming classes for the next several years, cuts made in the roster, parents paying more in tuition, etc. It's just hard for me to wrap my brain around this. Thankfully I don't have to. I can also see that some players, depending upon the size of the school and programs offered, may decide to finish in 4 years and move on to a larger program at a different school to attend graduate school. It's certainly a thought and this is where the rich may get richer, i.e., Big Ten and ACC. Ivy - I'm not sure how that works for the Ivy League... Or you may see some reshuffling and more parity as some players previously committed to one school may opt to attend another where they have a better chance of contributing. I'm spitballing here - is this even worth talking about when more important things, like our health and well being should be of more immediate concern?

All in all, I believe Toomey and Company will figure this one out pretty quickly and ensure a good balance for the current roster and incoming classes. And I bet the High School player rating gurus are having a tizzy trying to wrap their heads around this.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The rich will get richer in the near term.

ain the longer term, the reduced recruiting classes will likely happen to all schools. Expect good talent to be pushed away/down to other schools and into D2, D3, and juco.

Expect more parity a few years from now.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/03/31/m ... k-in-2021/

Sowers coming Back... But where? Can he remain in the Ivy?

Yeah - I was calling this the Sowers Rule for Lax but it means a lot to baseball, track and other Spring Sports, etc...

Question is where does he land? I bet every Coach in the Big Ten and ACC is trying to reach him by phone right now.

And I agree with you Kramerica...
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

NovaHound wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:52 am https://lacrossebucket.com/2020/03/31/m ... k-in-2021/

Sowers coming Back... But where? Can he remain in the Ivy?

Yeah - I was calling this the Sowers Rule for Lax but it means a lot to baseball, track and other Spring Sports, etc...

Question is where does he land? I bet every Coach in the Big Ten and ACC is trying to reach him by phone right now.

And I agree with you Kramerica...
He withdrew from Princeton, meaning he's not going to graduate this year. The move was done specifically so that he can stay at Princeton as an undergrad next year and not have to worry about the Ivy League rule against graduate student athletes. However all the other Ivy players who choose to get their degrees this semester but want to play in 2021 will be at the mercy of the conference to see if it changes the longstanding rule. Otherwise those players will have to transfer to a graduate program in another conference that allows grad players. Sowers avoids that by withdrawing now.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Yeah - I didn't think that one through... My bad. And I was coming in to respond to my earlier post that he withdrew so that means he doesn't graduate. Guess he's a Tiger through and through
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Matt Dwan posted sweet messages describing what each senior meant to the team. Its pretty conclusive that McNulty and Railey will come back next year but it does appear that the rest of the 7 men will move on from the program and to the next phase of their lives for 2021.

I also got into contact with a dad of one of the 2021 recruits. Says that things seem fine for this year but many recruits will be taking PG years in hopes of developing themselves physically to adjust to the college game.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”