All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

CU77

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

Pop quiz: who said this?
I don’t want to give a bailout to a company and then have somebody go out and use that money to buy back stock in the company and raise the price and then get a bonus.
Chuck Schumer? Nancy Pelosi? Elizabeth Warren?

Nope:

Donald Trump.
So I may be Republican, but I don’t like that. I want them to use the money for the workers.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-polic ... -stimulus/

So lets follow the President and get bill that ensures exactly that.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“The strangest thing about the negotiations over a stimulus package is how MIA the president himself is and how everyone just treats that as normal because we know he's not capable of serious business.”

Matt Miller
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times

CNN is such a S-show. emberassing. I suppose they are upset he is not acting just like them and running around like chicken little.
I suppose they'd just like him to tell the truth. I guess that's too much to ask.
cmon man. There is certainly a difference between telling the truth and intentionally leaving out specifics....why? Because people are dumb, and can not think for themselves,....you and I, we get it, not everyone does.

I was on the Hogan stream this morning.....you should have seen all people asking why he did not mention when schools would re-open or even mentioning if schools are considered essential..... :roll.
Last edited by youthathletics on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:01 pm I don't know where you're getting these snippets from PB, but as far as I can determine there's been no release of a draft House bill yet.

And by the way, do you still find it "compelling" that there's no airborne transmission of the coronavirus?

It's being spoon fed on Twitter because it was only released in hard copy format.

Important to note that Pelosi's original bill was 1100 pages, now going to 1400 pages.

GOP Senate bill was 580 pages.

It's fair to state that Pelosi and anyone who supports this move is unconcerned about the American people. Sorry. That's just a fact.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:09 pm
youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times

CNN is such a S-show. emberassing. I suppose they are upset he is not acting just like them and running around like chicken little.
CNN would say "All we have to fear is fear itself" is peddling unsubstantiated hope in dark times. Or would they?

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and of vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. And I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days."

"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains - Thank You! Hopefully they will BOTH (H works better with A, International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents).........be put in use IMMEDIATELY. PEOPLE ARE DYING, MOVE FAST, and GOD BLESS EVERYONE! @US_FDA @SteveFDA @CDCgov @DHSgov"

Clearly the same. :roll:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:15 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:01 pm I don't know where you're getting these snippets from PB, but as far as I can determine there's been no release of a draft House bill yet.

And by the way, do you still find it "compelling" that there's no airborne transmission of the coronavirus?

It's being spoon fed on Twitter because it was only released in hard copy format.

Important to note that Pelosi's original bill was 1100 pages, now going to 1400 pages.

GOP Senate bill was 580 pages.

It's fair to state that Pelosi and anyone who supports this move is unconcerned about the American people. Sorry. That's just a fact.
Next we'll hear...."we have to vote on it before we can read it".
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Trinity wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:13 pm “The strangest thing about the negotiations over a stimulus package is how MIA the president himself is and how everyone just treats that as normal because we know he's not capable of serious business.”

Matt Miller

Mnuchin and Kudlow are the Admin on this deal.

And if Trump did get involved, your hair would be on fire.

As it is, if Pelosi keeps up the delaying, watch for Trump to declare martial law and simply do what he wants. At some stage, that is justified.

And then you really will go bananas, and not recognize that you simply asked for it.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:16 pm

CNN would say "All we have to fear is fear itself" is peddling unsubstantiated hope in dark times. Or would they?

"So, first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is...fear itself — nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance. In every dark hour of our national life a leadership of frankness and of vigor has met with that understanding and support of the people themselves which is essential to victory. And I am convinced that you will again give that support to leadership in these critical days."

"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine. The FDA has moved mountains - Thank You! Hopefully they will BOTH (H works better with A, International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents).........be put in use IMMEDIATELY. PEOPLE ARE DYING, MOVE FAST, and GOD BLESS EVERYONE! @US_FDA @SteveFDA @CDCgov @DHSgov"

EXACTLY THE SAME
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

this of course- if true- is no different than what the Rs would do if they were in the D shoes.

systemic.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Well, only one of them had their top expert come out the next day and say:

"The information that you’re referring to specifically is anecdotal. It was not done in a controlled clinical trial, so you really can’t make any definitive statement about it" in reference to their "hope peddling". So definitely the same, and same on both sides of the aisle.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:15 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:08 pm

I suppose they'd just like him to tell the truth. I guess that's too much to ask.
cmon man. There is certainly a difference between telling the truth and intentionally leaving out specifics....why? Because people are dumb, and can not think for themselves,....you and I, we get it, not everyone does.

I was on the Hogan stream this morning.....you should have seen all people asking why he did not mention when schools would re-open or even mentioning if schools are considered essential..... :roll.
Edited for effect:

Yes, there's a lot of idiocy out there. Startling really.

That said, Trump doesn't just leave out specifics, he flat out lies. Twists, turns, shades, and sometimes just makes sh-t up.
It's actually weird at times, because so much of misleading statements and flat mistruths are unnecessary, even counter productive to any rational purpose.

These various potential positive remedies would be so much more credibly received if the situation was presented factually, carefully avoiding false 'hope'. Making clear that there was extensive effort on many fronts to find ways to reduce the impact and eventually beat the disease. In the meantime, calling on all Americans to make the necessary sacrifices to give our health care workers and scientists a chance to solve the problem...people would buy into that and actually have sustainable 'hope' over the long haul.

But blowing smoke again and again and again...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:18 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:16 pm

EXACTLY THE SAME
:lol: :lol: :roll:
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm Well, only one of them had their top expert come out the next day and say:

"The information that you’re referring to specifically is anecdotal. It was not done in a controlled clinical trial, so you really can’t make any definitive statement about it" in reference to their "hope peddling". So definitely the same, and same on both sides of the aisle.
Cuomo made the statement AFTER Faucis statement. So he's an even bigger idiot right

If you're referring to FDR the next 7 years said he was a liar trying to give false hope

7 more years of depression no matter where he threw money. And he threw it at anything.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:27 pm
holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:24 pm Well, only one of them had their top expert come out the next day and say:

Cuomo made the statement AFTER Faucis statement. So he's an even bigger idiot right
please stop with red team blue team stuff. There are both R and D Govs getting this right.

Cuomo was careful; he's embracing the idea of doing controlled testing. Of course, we ALL 'hope' it works.

He's not saying: "I don't want to get everyone excited, but I'm very, very excited"...
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:15 pm It's fair to state that Pelosi and anyone who supports this move is unconcerned about the American people. Sorry. That's just a fact.
It's a political move designed to counter the condition-free Republican slush-fund-for-billionaires that Trump himself is opposed to.

And by the way, do you still find it "compelling" that there's no airborne transmission of coronavirus?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Are they selling their own magic elixor? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ChairmanOfTheBoard

yep
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Pass the bloody bill.

Get the money out.

Amend or repeal it if distributions go otherwise than planned.

The have nots with no bank account balance or cash in hand will be taking to the streets soon enough and LEOs are dropping with virus to lessen front line defenses.

F the Republicans, F the Democrats, we are all Americans now! Stop the grandstanding.

Already preparing SBA disaster relief loan apps.

And, amending trustee annual budgets to reflect decrease in debtor plan payments.
The parent, not the coach.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

yep.

time to stop voting for established parties, perhaps.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:17 pm
Trinity wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:13 pm “The strangest thing about the negotiations over a stimulus package is how MIA the president himself is and how everyone just treats that as normal because we know he's not capable of serious business.”

Matt Miller

Mnuchin and Kudlow are the Admin on this deal.

And if Trump did get involved, your hair would be on fire.

As it is, if Pelosi keeps up the delaying, watch for Trump to declare martial law and simply do what he wants. At some stage, that is justified.

And then you really will go bananas, and not recognize that you simply asked for it.
… and exactly what would he do with martial law?? :lol:
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”