All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Trinity

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Trinity »

Seven weeks of neglecting the issue, underselling it, and now Mitch is outraged Dems don’t embrace his solution to a problem he just discovered.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 pm What an idiot.

Governor Andrew Cuomo in a radio interview with Sean Hannity on Friday said he is hopeful an anti-malaria drug will make some gains in fighting the symptoms of COVID-19.

"I'm an optimist," Cuomo said. "I'm hopeful about the drugs and that's why we'll try it here in New York as soon as we get it."

Whens the media gonna jump all over this liar?
They are not, because he is expressing hope and has in fact explained compassionate care exemption given by the FDA. Trump was a bit more over the top.

What about the other 67 existing drugs that scientists think might prove helpful in treating CV??
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Trinity wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:34 pm Seven weeks of neglecting the issue, underselling it, and now Mitch is outraged Dems don’t embrace his solution to a problem he just discovered.
And he deliberately excludes the Speaker from his discussions, when, you know, she's the Speaker of the "House of Representatives." The guy's venal gall is remarkable, I'll say that for him.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:27 pm You need to inform the American voters who are about to miss their rent check April 1 that you Left fella's are just playing 3D chess here
The amount of money the R's want to send the voters won't cover their rent. The D's are fighting to get them enough. And simultaneously NOT sending the black-lung checks to the mining CEOs instead.

And by the way: do you still find it "compelling" that there's no airborne transmission of the corona virus?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:34 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:17 pm What an idiot.

Governor Andrew Cuomo in a radio interview with Sean Hannity on Friday said he is hopeful an anti-malaria drug will make some gains in fighting the symptoms of COVID-19.

"I'm an optimist," Cuomo said. "I'm hopeful about the drugs and that's why we'll try it here in New York as soon as we get it."

Whens the media gonna jump all over this liar?
They are not, because he is expressing hope and has in fact explained compassionate care exemption given by the FDA. Trump was a bit more over the top.

What about the other 67 existing drugs that scientists think might prove helpful in treating CV??
Yep Cuomos a democrat.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

seacoaster wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:31 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:10 pm
CU77 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:00 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:56 pm Here are some of things that Nancy Pelosi is pushing today for a funding deal for Corona Virus:

1) Collective bargaining powers for unions
2) Increased fuel emissions standards for airlines
3) Expansion of wind and solar tax credits
4) Same day voter registration

Sure sounds non partisan :lol:
These are bargaining chips. She wants garbage like the half-trillion-dollar Trump-controlled slush fund OUT. She's showing that the Ds can also play the game.
Pretty obvious I thought. Guess not. :roll:
Do you have a credible news source for Items 1 through 4?

I’ll post as I get them. Election audits!!! Yay. Totes Corona related, Nancy!

D54B3798-1DF9-4D32-AB20-121CCF99E958.png
D54B3798-1DF9-4D32-AB20-121CCF99E958.png (71.01 KiB) Viewed 1529 times
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:07 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:56 pm Here are some of things that Nancy Pelosi is pushing today for a funding deal for Corona Virus:

These are bargaining chips. She wants garbage like the half-trillion-dollar Trump-controlled slush fund OUT. She's showing that the Ds can also play the game.

Now why would that be? She seemed quite happy to authorize Obama's use of $700 billion for banks and special interests in 2009...

Asking too much to keep nonsensical goodies out of bailout funds...

more proof- the issue with government is systemic.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Corporate board diversity should help stamp out the killer virus!!
6E403B22-8827-4A27-9CAD-6CED4174B103.png
6E403B22-8827-4A27-9CAD-6CED4174B103.png (102.69 KiB) Viewed 1525 times
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:52 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:07 pm

Now why would that be? She seemed quite happy to authorize Obama's use of $700 billion for banks and special interests in 2009...

Asking too much to keep nonsensical goodies out of bailout funds...

more proof- the issue with government is systemic.
Its not just that its systemic—its that criticism flows in one direction only.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Dems on a roll killing this virus! New voting laws!
AE4737C2-ED43-404F-A7AD-1B8E638EA5AC.png
AE4737C2-ED43-404F-A7AD-1B8E638EA5AC.png (57.14 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:51 pm

I’ll post as I get them. Election audits!!! Yay. Totes Corona related, Nancy!

D54B3798-1DF9-4D32-AB20-121CCF99E958.png
Great; thanks. I'll wait until you're finished getting together the proposed statutory sections to which you object.

And it would be better if you could post a more comprehensive body of text from the sections to which you object.
Last edited by seacoaster on Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:28 pm From my music buddy in Detroit:

--I have had a fever of 100 or more for six days straight now. I can do some work on my computer or around the house, but not for more than about 3-4 hours before I need to lay down and sleep for 3-4 hours. I woke this morning having significant trouble breathing. Being vertical has helped, but it was frankly a scary ten minutes or so when I first got up. My wife appears to have this now too and she has autoimmune issues, so I'm much more worried about her. She has also encountered shortness of breath in a much shorter period than I did. At this point I am fairly confident this is COVID19, but testing is getting no easier to come by, despite the lies to the contrary coming from "that guy". We'll continue to hang in there. --

-- I live just one mile from the nearest hospital. I can get to help when I really need it. My doctor is not seeing sick patients at all and just a few days ago was operating his waiting room normally with elderly patients right next to my wife before she was showing any symptoms. He unfortunately is one who's politics have impaired his data interpretation skills. I have medical professionals in the family with the same syndrome. They thought this was all pretty dumb until a couple of days ago. I will be changing doctors when this is all over. --
That's a tough read. Alas, I'm afraid that we're going to be hearing a lot more stories like this.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

At this rate, the Democrats will need a new virus to absorb all this dosh! Let’s add a bailout of the postal service whose union gives me that sweet green every two years!
A38D57D1-275C-4986-9C5D-C30F586A0F0B.png
A38D57D1-275C-4986-9C5D-C30F586A0F0B.png (80.99 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
Attachments
E077DEA1-EAE7-45E4-BC8E-705AED0F8583.png
E077DEA1-EAE7-45E4-BC8E-705AED0F8583.png (80.99 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
CU77

Post by CU77 »

I don't know where you're getting these snippets from PB, but as far as I can determine there's been no release of a draft House bill yet.

And by the way, do you still find it "compelling" that there's no airborne transmission of the coronavirus?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“McConnell kicked Dems out of the room Sat and wrote his own bill. K Street lobbyists sent it to us Sunday morning. We simply don’t believe it solves the problem. It spends $2T without actually stopping the virus.

Let’s get it right.”

Sen Chris Murphy
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times

CNN is such a S-show. emberassing. I suppose they are upset he is not acting just like them and running around like chicken little.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:56 pm

At this rate, the Democrats will need a new virus to absorb all this dosh! Let’s add a bailout of the postal service whose union gives me that sweet green every two years!

A38D57D1-275C-4986-9C5D-C30F586A0F0B.png
Glass houses much?
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times

CNN is such a S-show. emberassing. I suppose they are upset he is not acting just like them and running around like chicken little.
I suppose they'd just like him to tell the truth. I guess that's too much to ask.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 am
Peter Brown wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 am Why was testing delayed in the United States, versus say South Korea?

This is an incredibly interesting article on how the FDA bungled things as only bureaucracies can. The US and SoKo got their first detected cases on the same date, 1-21. Our FDA inserted itself into the process by demanding an 'Emergency Use Authorization" (EAU) letter from the FDA for any lab that wished to test for Covid-19. Labs that had begun to test instead had to shut down, waiting for the letter; the United States has 260,000 laboratory entities.

Between 1-21 and 2-29, only one EAU letter was issued, to the CDC lab. Everything was pinned on one lab, whose protocol proceeded to fail. Of course. On March 16, finally, the FDA sped up the process by removing itself from the process, by providing an EAU exemption to any lab that sought it, essentially giving power of this process to the states.

Guess who ordered that ruling? Libs here won't be happy, but it rhymes with drump.

Speed not perfection in a pandemic.

Bureaucracies exist to deny you your rights. Never forget that.

https://thedispatch.com/p/timeline-the- ... latorsthat
Are you actually serious PB?
Of course bureaucracies slow stuff down.
and this was an epic fail for sure.
But of leadership not just bureaucracy.

Do you imagine that SK doesn't have bureaucracy?

March 15?!
why don't you ask the question as to why Trump didn't order it opened up sooner?
did he ask about it?

when was the last time he said the virus wasn't a serious issue or even worse, that "we just have 15 cases and it's soon going to zero"?

I thought it was you who always tell us that Trump is a "moron". How would a moron know what an 'Emergency Use Authorization" (EAU) is?

In some regards, I think you are correct, but you're missing the why; Trump isn't a details guy...at all. :lol: I bet Trump didn't even know what the FDA was prior to 6 weeks ago. My guess is he said to Azar, 'handle it'. And Azar probably didn't have a clue how to get a bureaucracy to move. When that became apparent, Trump stepped in.

But you don't get to call Trump a moron and blame him for the inner trappings of the FDA. Pick one or the other.
I don't think I've used that word, but it's certainly an apt one for Trump.

What 'moron' wouldn't know what the FDA is?
Much less one who ANYONE would consider electable for President.

But yes, a 'not a details guy' is responsible for hiring strong subordinates, those who actually know more than the boss and are effective managers in their own right. That the "CEO" job.

You guys all claimed Trump was a masterful business person, certainly he himself made such claims, yet he's been brutally bad at hiring and managing competent people.

Another key job of any leader/manager, of anything, is someone who will ask hard questions of subordinates to be sure they're not blowing smoke up his __. Not looking for the 'happy talk' answer, but the serious news and the hard recommendations.

And the more serious the problem, the more important that 'bad news can't wait' as an operating maxim.

We see the result of 'hiring' this jerk. Yes, I've used that word. It too is apt. ;)

So, you betcha, we can look at this snafu, which I think was more about arrogance than bureaucracy, and we can blame the top dog for his failure. As well as subordinates who blew their jobs. And all the sycophants who made this not only possible, but likely, as they enabled incompetence and corruption to stand uncontested at every level. The culture of this Administration is horrible, and again that's on Trump and those who have enabled him.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:05 pm Trump peddles unsubstantiated hope in dark times

CNN would say "All we have to fear is fear itself" is peddling unsubstantiated hope in dark times. Or would they?

Return to “POLITICS”