All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

ardilla secreta

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by ardilla secreta »

Harvey Weinstein tests positive in the slammer. Holy smokes.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Didn’t know you could get it by being somebody’s girlfriend.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
CU77

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:07 pm I’m not allowed to find articles compelling?
It's not about "allowed" or "not allowed", it's about whether it's a good idea or a bad idea to do so. It's about whether you've done the due diligence to see whether the notion is something you should invest in (metaphorically speaking), or not.

Example: If I read an article that says that planes can be built by a new technique at half the current cost, I won't find that "compelling", because I have no idea about plane building. I would think, "Hmm, that's interesting, I should ask Peter Brown about this, he knows about planes."

If I don't do that, and just find the article "compelling", maybe I'll invest in the new technique. And then I might find out that it's a total load of cr*p and doesn't work. And the money I lose will be due to my own poor judgment.

All I'm asking is that you do the necessary due diligence before you find something compelling.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Nigel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:02 pm I’ve been watching episodes of Bonanza and have yet to get COVID-19. That’s a 100% efficacy rate. I recommend it for everyone.
I believe Hop Sing cooked traditional western grub for the Ponderosa and was unfamiliar with bat soup at that time...phew!
.:lol:. ...nice 2 cushion bank shot Nige'.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Confirmed cases in the U.S. are now at 35,931.

At this pace, we will overtake China in total confirmed cases within a week, and deaths are likely to be well over 1,000.

Let’s hope recent measures begin to slow down the pandemic soon.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

DocBarrister wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:41 am Confirmed cases in the U.S. are now at 35,931.

At this pace, we will overtake China in total confirmed cases within a week, and deaths are likely to be well over 1,000.

I think you are making an awfully big assumption that the numbers coming out of China are accurate in terms of both deaths and infections.
Bottom line for all of us is what WE do now together to get through this.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/busi ... rdoch.html

Fox News and the Coronavirus. Why so many Americans were misinformed.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

LOL!
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Coronavirus Hoax
ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featu…

Ron Paul Institute

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archive ... irus-hoax/

When does the stupid slide into evil?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Today’s time saver: ignore the Senate because

1. @SpeakerPelosi & House Dems will decide the final bill.

2. If there’s a single tax item in Senate bill it’s unconstitutional because all tax legislation must begin in the House. Sorry Mitch.”

Lawrence O’Donnell
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Trinity wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:29 am The Coronavirus Hoax
ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featu…

Ron Paul Institute

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archive ... irus-hoax/

When does the stupid slide into evil?

Speaking of stupid, I think about 13 people worldwide follow Ron Paul anymore, including one of our resident liberals :lol: I think there might be a new disease going around called PDS, Paul Derangement Syndrome, last diagnosed in 2011. Please be sure to keep us posted on the excitable world of Ron Paul! Edge of my seat for that info!

Back to the year 2020, for the more sane folks here, I noticed Mitt Romney absolutely excoriated the Democrats for obstructing the aid package. Mitt left no Democrat untouched, saying it was "unconscionable that the Democrats are playing politics at this time", that he 'thought he'd seen it all but this was more outrageous than anything he'd seen by a factor of 100'. This is the same Mitt Romney who just a few weeks ago was called by the very same Democrats "courageous", "a patriot", "a true hero", "honourable", "an American", "country over party".

I wonder if those Democrats will call Mitt a 'Nazi" this morning? Nahhhhhh. Surely not this crew. :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:41 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:07 pm I’m not allowed to find articles compelling?
It's not about "allowed" or "not allowed", it's about whether it's a good idea or a bad idea to do so. It's about whether you've done the due diligence to see whether the notion is something you should invest in (metaphorically speaking), or not.

Example: If I read an article that says that planes can be built by a new technique at half the current cost, I won't find that "compelling", because I have no idea about plane building. I would think, "Hmm, that's interesting, I should ask Peter Brown about this, he knows about planes."

If I don't do that, and just find the article "compelling", maybe I'll invest in the new technique. And then I might find out that it's a total load of cr*p and doesn't work. And the money I lose will be due to my own poor judgment.

All I'm asking is that you do the necessary due diligence before you find something compelling.

'You're technically allowed to read thought-crimes, but we might arrest you if you do!' Is there a list of people, CU77, that you could share so we know who to ask for permission in order to have independent thought?

Where do you people come from?!? :lol:

I am howling laughing at your post. Truly. It's not a serious post, though I have no doubt you intended it that way, but it's the very definition of stop digging when you're in a hole.

Here's a solid primer (for more sane humans on this board): read whatever tf you want; have opinions on it; debate new thoughts with people who disagree; be creative; don't listen to authority; be bold; be daring; reach for the stars; be persistent; and tell anyone who tells you you can't that they should always look both ways, before they can go f themselves. :lol:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/controllin ... 1584899715
Last edited by Peter Brown on Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

CU88 wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:21 am
LOL!
just watched that episode a month ago! before this all got so crazy here...

in other news- fed buying bonds, unlimited QE, unprecedented gov expansion? https://www.thestreet.com/investing/fed ... oronavirus
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Just an observation,

The CDC estimates that there have been 20,000 to 40,000 deaths in the United States so far this year.

That's a thousand times more deaths in the United States than have been blamed on the coronavirus so far.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:24 am
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:41 am Confirmed cases in the U.S. are now at 35,931.

I think you are making an awfully big assumption that the numbers coming out of China are accurate in terms of both deaths and infections.

I try to read up on last night's posts here in the morning. Does anyone notice a common theme with the resident left's posts? I do. It's a montage of debbie downer the sky is falling chicken little nonsense. You good people must be superb additions at cocktail parties: hey, did you know your life expectancy is only 78 years; you're closer to death than ever...'. :lol:

China lies; Russia lies; Trump is drumpf; Romney is a racist (today, yesterday he was a hero); we're all gonna die; the Blue Jays stink.

I mean, doesn't it get a little bit tiring? You'll be amazed to discover that most people are actually quite good and nice, inventors are still inventing, lacrosse players are getting better, and life generally is fun! For some of us anyway.

:lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:28 am Just an observation,

The CDC estimates that there have been 20,000 to 40,000 deaths in the United States so far this year.

That's a thousand times more deaths in the United States than have been blamed on the coronavirus so far.

Did you get permission to post those data points here?

:lol:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Kismet wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:24 am

I’m not assuming anything at all. But those are the numbers we have.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:05 pm
6ftstick wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:35 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 pm Dude, Ozzy Osborne was eating bats since the early 70s.
Pretty much the same thing. How could I be so wrong.
You liked pointing out “peculiar dietary habits” and I assume you’re a dietician or have some other sociological expertise in what makes a traditional dietary habit so I wanted to point out Americans eat all sorts of stuff, maybe by your logic that’s why Anthony Bourdain died.
He did commit suicide just like patient zero.

Return to “POLITICS”