All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

It is not just the smoking. Men have more trouble with CV than women.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 pm good lord, the butthead led with "Chinese virus"
I hope the negative branding does not impact your family business opportunities.
not really worried about that, but thanks.
My son does business in China and throughout SE Asia, but company is international.
I have no business interests in China.

What I do worry about is the increase in hate crimes, as well as the deflecting from responsibility.

The market is reacting immediately to the BS.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Why's everybody picking on Orange Duce? Maybe if he took a little responsibility to solve some problems at the national level he could catch a break. :roll: Let's see if all the we have solved the N95 problem claims stand up. States bidding against each other for supplies. Makes a lot of sense. :roll:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Gee, who could have foreseen this? Gee, this isn't Trump's fault. :roll:
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:26 pm Why's everybody picking on Orange Duce? Maybe if he took a little responsibility to solve some problems at the national level he could catch a break. :roll: Let's see if all the we have solved the N95 problem claims stand up. States bidding against each other for supplies. Makes a lot of sense. :roll:
Do you want to see Mitt Romney sick and die like the president does? Does anybody give him a list of stricken senators or does he just use the paper to wipe his shoes?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Rand Paul was tested March 7th, if I heard correctly. He could be Typhoid Rand, MD.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ardilla secreta

Trinity wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:43 pm Rand Paul was tested March 7th, if I heard correctly. He could be Typhoid Rand, MD.
He might have been in the pool with Lindsey Graham. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Is Fellini dead?
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:16 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:00 pm good lord, the butthead led with "Chinese virus"
I hope the negative branding does not impact your family business opportunities.
My son does business in China and throughout SE Asia, but company is international.

What I do worry about is the increase in hate crimes, as well as the deflecting from responsibility.

Covid-19 originated deep in China. In a CHINESE wet market by some peculiar dietary habits of CHINESE. The CHINESE communists hid the epidemic while allowing CHINESE to celebrate the CHINESE NEW YEAR by spreading out in the largest human migration on the planet. Nah it has nothing to do with China.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Dude, Ozzy Osborne was eating bats since the early 70s.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 pm Dude, Ozzy Osborne was eating bats since the early 70s.
Pretty much the same thing. How could I be so wrong.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:02 pm I’ve been watching episodes of Bonanza and have yet to get COVID-19. That’s a 100% efficacy rate. I recommend it for everyone.
I believe Hop Sing cooked traditional western grub for the Ponderosa and was unfamiliar with bat soup at that time...phew!
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Nigel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:02 pm I’ve been watching episodes of Bonanza and have yet to get COVID-19. That’s a 100% efficacy rate. I recommend it for everyone.
I believe Hop Sing cooked traditional western grub for the Ponderosa and was unfamiliar with bat soup at that time...phew!
Hop Sing—HAH!
CU77

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm This kind of goes to how this debate started. I read an article written by a data nerd and found it compelling.
Which just proves that you don't know enough to properly understand articles by data nerds, but wrongly believe that you do.

If you actually had the humility that you claim to have, you would NOT have found the paper "compelling". At most it should have been interest piquing, perhaps enough to ask OTHER DATA NERDS (who can properly understand it) to give you their opinions.

And what happened was the worldwide community of data nerds IMMEDIATELY slammed the paper as wrong and dangerous (because people like you might start acting on what it said).

But you blamed this on the "left".
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:50 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:11 pm This kind of goes to how this debate started. I read an article written by a data nerd and found it compelling.
Which just proves that you don't know enough to properly understand articles by data nerds, but wrongly believe that you do.

If you actually had the humility that you claim to have, you would NOT have found the paper "compelling". At most it should have been interest piquing, perhaps enough to ask OTHER DATA NERDS (who can properly understand it) to give you their opinions.

And what happened was the worldwide community of data nerds IMMEDIATELY slammed the paper as wrong and dangerous (because people like you might start acting on what it said).

But he is willing to “learn” from anyone
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Nigel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:38 pm
That’s right. No wonder the Cartwright boys all had different mothers and no woman would date Ben ever again!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:31 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:16 pm

Covid-19 originated deep in China. In a CHINESE wet market by some peculiar dietary habits of CHINESE. The CHINESE communists hid the epidemic while allowing CHINESE to celebrate the CHINESE NEW YEAR by spreading out in the largest human migration on the planet. Nah it has nothing to do with China.
One theory is it jumped from a pangolin which I believe carries the virus, and is an endangered species in China, but was in their market place.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

6ftstick wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:35 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:33 pm Dude, Ozzy Osborne was eating bats since the early 70s.
Pretty much the same thing. How could I be so wrong.
You liked pointing out “peculiar dietary habits” and I assume you’re a dietician or have some other sociological expertise in what makes a traditional dietary habit so I wanted to point out Americans eat all sorts of stuff, maybe by your logic that’s why Anthony Bourdain died.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

CU77 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:50 pm

I’m not allowed to find articles compelling? Just me or everyone? What else am I not allowed to think for myself? My newest thought manager.

“IMMEDIATELY”, the “worldwide community”, “slammed”, “dangerous”... solidly over the plate stuff. 😂
njbill

Post by njbill »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:39 pm Do you want to see Mitt Romney sick and die like the president does? Does anybody give him a list of stricken senators or does he just use the paper to wipe his shoes?
Trump caught on tape hoarding toilet paper.

https://images.app.goo.gl/on6MiQRqzLZ9bqTc6

Return to “POLITICS”