All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Trinity

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Trinity »

“Russian doctors say Putin's regime is covering up cases.

https://t.co/nZiVYdhXts?amp=1
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
RedFromMI

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by RedFromMI »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:18 am In case anyone here is genuinely interested in original analysis, which btw would require you not bring any partisan angle to this issue (foreverlax convinced me yesterday that absolutely zero Democrats care much anymore about fact-gathering), I'd suggest taking the time to read the following, incredibly well-laid out, data-driven, debunking of the hysteria in this country over Covid-19. If you find anything wrong in this man's report, feel free to post. As far as I am concerned, he has the answer and we will be back to business within 2 months tops.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/ev ... 767def5894

Data is data. Our focus here isn’t treatments but numbers. You don’t need a special degree to understand what the data says and doesn’t say. Numbers are universal. I hope you walk away with a more informed perspective on how you can help and fight back against the hysteria that is driving our country into a dark place. You can help us focus our scarce resources on those who are most vulnerable, who need our help.
Remember this? Mr. Brown posted this 24 hours ago. Already removed from medium.com. This is what you see now at that link:
Error
This post is under investigation or was found in violation of the Medium Rules.
There are thousands of stories to read on Medium. Visit our homepage
to find one that’s right for you.
Take me to Medium
Turns out I was very gentle in my criticism of the author. On my Twitter feed someone who knows about epidemiology absolutely crucified the article for its contradictions within, and the almost too numerous to count errors in data assumptions and usage.

The real question is how long before Fox News and other conservative outlets that pushed this false narrative apologize for the error and emphasize it was junk science that is actually harmful in its inaccuracy. (My guess is never)
Last edited by RedFromMI on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:30 am “Russian doctors say Putin's regime is covering up cases.

https://t.co/nZiVYdhXts?amp=1
If Trump pens a letter to Putin asking about this, will he be impeached again? :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Re: Trump Praises Kim Jong Un

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:05 am
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:57 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:05 am Trump sends letter to Kim Jong Un claiming to be impressed by North Korea's coronavirus response

North Korea on Saturday said that President Donald Trump sent Kim Jong Un a letter in which Trump said he was impressed by the North Korean leader's ability to defend his people from the coronavirus outbreak.

North Korea has insisted that they have had no cases of COVID-19, but many experts say that Kim’s claim that the outbreak has not touched his country is almost certainly false.

The letter also says Trump "expressed his intent to render cooperation in the anti-epidemic work."

“President Trump sent a letter to Chairman Kim of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, consistent with his efforts to engage global leaders during the ongoing pandemic. The President looks forward to continued communications with Chairman Kim," a senior administration official confirmed to NBC News.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... BlogHeader

:shock:

Is this a joke?

We know what Kim Jong Un’s coronavirus response is ... firing squads and some mass graves.

Trump is an idiot ... like his supporters.

DocBarrister :roll: :?
You should learn to play chess while quarantined, it will help you see past the immediate. That simple letter may go a very long in the future and hurts absolutely no one...well, except you for some reason. Hypothetical.....what IF Kim has a cure, and shared it with us...simply because Trump was the only one that reached out?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
There you go again...Chedder Bob. :lol:
Apparently we have very different perspectives on reality, youth, or did you not suggest there was some possibility, however remote, that Kim has found a cure of COVID-19?

sorry, that draws the :roll:
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

The number of serious and critical cases has made a large jump up to 708 today.
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
Live Free or Die!
Peter Brown

Re: All things COVID-19

Post by Peter Brown »

RedFromMI wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:44 am
Peter Brown wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:18 am In case anyone here is genuinely interested in original analysis, which btw would require you not bring any partisan angle to this issue (foreverlax convinced me yesterday that absolutely zero Democrats care much anymore about fact-gathering), I'd suggest taking the time to read the following, incredibly well-laid out, data-driven, debunking of the hysteria in this country over Covid-19. If you find anything wrong in this man's report, feel free to post. As far as I am concerned, he has the answer and we will be back to business within 2 months tops.

https://medium.com/six-four-six-nine/ev ... 767def5894

Data is data. Our focus here isn’t treatments but numbers. You don’t need a special degree to understand what the data says and doesn’t say. Numbers are universal. I hope you walk away with a more informed perspective on how you can help and fight back against the hysteria that is driving our country into a dark place. You can help us focus our scarce resources on those who are most vulnerable, who need our help.
Remember this? Mr. Brown posted this 24 hours ago. Already removed from medium.com. This is what you see now at that link:
Error
This post is under investigation or was found in violation of the Medium Rules.
There are thousands of stories to read on Medium. Visit our homepage
to find one that’s right for you.
Take me to Medium
Turns out I was very gentle in my criticism of the author. On my Twitter feed someone who knows about epidemiology absolutely crucified the article for its contradictions within, and the almost too numerous to count errors in data assumptions and usage.

The real question is how long before Fox News and other conservative outlets that pushed this false narrative apologize for the error and emphasize it was junk science that is actually harmful in its inaccuracy. (My guess is never)

I think you left out the part why the post was removed. Liberals considered the post to be an assault on their preferred hysteria, so begat a coordinated online takedown of the post via medium’s twitter account. The response algorithm flagged it as ‘insensitive’ enough so it was removed from the original site. You can do this to any Medium post if enough ‘complaints’ flood the replies. It’s akin to flooding Yelp with bad reviews if you’re a competitor and want to go that way.

My first impulse when I read a liberal’s position on any matter if I do not agree is not to demand that it be removed. However, the left has determined that denial of information is their preferred method of debate. That’s the message here.

You can still read the post on other sites today; it’s nothing but data. Heck you can even disagree with the interpretation of the data! Amazing.

But the author’s principal conclusion is (brace yourself!!) America needs better information to allocate resources such as ventilators and masks. Omg. That is so offensive!

Lol; the left has indeed become parodies of totalitarianism
Last edited by Peter Brown on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Cooter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 am The number of serious and critical cases has made a large jump up to 708 today.
And nearly 2000 new cases in NY state alone...
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 am The number of serious and critical cases has made a large jump up to 708 today.
with 178 Recovered and 349 deaths.

26.9k total cases (detected), 25.6K active, "mild" as in not yet serious.
Note, many of those "mild" do need hospitalization.

Roughly 16% of all cases do need hospitalization, though it may be half that rate if we include the likely undetected cases.

NYC's hospitals will look like Italy in 10 days.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 am
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:05 am Trump sends letter to Kim Jong Un claiming to be impressed by North Korea's coronavirus response

North Korea on Saturday said that President Donald Trump sent Kim Jong Un a letter in which Trump said he was impressed by the North Korean leader's ability to defend his people from the coronavirus outbreak.

North Korea has insisted that they have had no cases of COVID-19, but many experts say that Kim’s claim that the outbreak has not touched his country is almost certainly false.

The letter also says Trump "expressed his intent to render cooperation in the anti-epidemic work."

“President Trump sent a letter to Chairman Kim of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, consistent with his efforts to engage global leaders during the ongoing pandemic. The President looks forward to continued communications with Chairman Kim," a senior administration official confirmed to NBC News.

Is this a joke?

We know what Kim Jong Un’s coronavirus response is ... firing squads and some mass graves.

You should learn to play chess while quarantined, it will help you see past the immediate. That simple letter may go a very long in the future and hurts absolutely no one...well, except you for some reason. Hypothetical.....what IF Kim has a cure, and shared it with us...simply because Trump was the only one that reached out?
Apparently we have very different perspectives on reality, youth, or did you not suggest there was some possibility, however remote, that Kim has found a cure of COVID-19?

That is borderline racist and intolerant of you, to say the North Koreans are not smart enough to find a cure. You are better than that.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:28 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:14 am

Is this a joke?

That is borderline racist and intolerant of you, to say the North Koreans are not smart enough to find a cure. You are better than that.
:lol:
yeah, that's the problem, I'm prejudiced about Koreans. :roll: ;)
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:24 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:38 pm
Trinity wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:17 pm Moron Trump lover Ron DeSantis has finally closed Florida but Republicans should know he’s sending those hungover Spring Break kids back to every state in the US. My country is so broken.
Don't worry, those spring breakers have left lots of "presents" to be opened later, in Florida.
My mom and son are in Florida.
Sorry to hear it. East coast or west coast?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:23 am
with 178 Recovered and 349 deaths.

26.9k total cases (detected), 25.6K active, "mild" as in not yet serious.
Note, many of those "mild" do need hospitalization.

Roughly 16% of all cases do need hospitalization, though it may be half that rate if we include the likely undetected cases.

NYC's hospitals will look like Italy in 10 days.
If we compare Italy to NY, it was 10 days ago when they had 10k cases. 630 deaths.
Now 42,681 cases, 4,825 deaths...and continuing to rise fast.

NYC's density is a big problem.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:36 am
Trinity wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:17 pm Moron Trump lover Ron DeSantis has finally closed Florida but Republicans should know he’s sending those hungover Spring Break kids back to every state in the US. My country is so broken.
Don't worry, those spring breakers have left lots of "presents" to be opened later, in Florida.
East.
Stuart, about 40 mins north of Palm Beach.
Harbour Ridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

We might have 50 icu customers for every vent at the peak.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 am
East.
Harbour Ridge.
The networked thermometer data on Friday was showing a huge bloom on the east coast, from half way up the peninsula to the everglades. Hope I am wrong about what this means in the coming days.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

For the Left or Left-sympathizers on this board, does it ever strike you how expressly intolerant many on the Left are to those whom they do not agree with politically?

Here above, you have Trinity calling a Republican governor a "moron" (a governor supported by a significant % of the Democrats he governs), then JHU72 saying how 'sorry' he is that someone is in Florida (even though Florida has one of the best state economies in the United States and consistently ranks high on 'places to live' lists - out of curiosity, where is Maryland on that list?).

Were Florida to be governed today by Andrew Gillum (D), neither Trinity nor JHU72 would be expressing these sentiments, naturally; this example above merely points out hypocrisy and frankly, intellect (lack thereof). The Left sees most issues no matter how trivial through the prism of politics, which is highly regrettable. This is perhaps the most disturbing large trend in America today, the Left's intolerance of thought and speech, as intolerance historically has led to further intolerance. You wonder why gun rights are such a core right to some?

I've been rightly suspicious of the far Left in America and its embrace of totalitarianism, authoritarianism, and repression; no more so than now. I'd be curious to know how these people interact with average Americans in real life and not behind the safety of a keyboard. I know Ron DeSantis...he's not a weak physical guy. Would Trinity care to call Ron a moron to his face? (I must admit, FDLE would likely restrain if not arrest you as you said it, so Ron might not be free to reply as an average person on the street would should you simply call him a moron)
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:41 am
East.
Harbour Ridge.
The networked thermometer data on Friday was showing a huge bloom on the east coast, from half way up the peninsula to the everglades. Hope I am wrong about what this means in the coming days.
me too
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

For the Left or Left-sympathizers on this board, does it ever strike you how expressly intolerant many on the Left are to those whom they do not agree with politically?

Here above, you have Trinity calling a Republican governor a "moron" (a governor supported by a significant % of the Democrats he governs), then JHU72 saying how 'sorry' he is that someone is in Florida (even though Florida has one of the best state economies in the United States and consistently ranks high on 'places to live' lists - out of curiosity, where is Maryland on that list?).

Were Florida to be governed today by Andrew Gillum (D), neither Trinity nor JHU72 would be expressing these sentiments, naturally; this example above merely points out hypocrisy and frankly, intellect (lack thereof). The Left sees most issues no matter how trivial through the prism of politics, which is highly regrettable. This is perhaps the most disturbing large trend in America today, the Left's intolerance of thought and speech, as intolerance historically has led to further intolerance. You wonder why gun rights are such a core right to some?

I've been rightly suspicious of the far Left in America and its embrace of totalitarianism, authoritarianism, and repression; no more so than now. I'd be curious to know how these people interact with average Americans in real life and not behind the safety of a keyboard. I know Ron DeSantis...he's not a weak physical guy. Would Trinity care to call Ron a moron to his face? (I must admit, FDLE would likely restrain if not arrest you as you said it, so Ron might not be free to reply as an average person on the street would should you simply call him a moron)
I thought you were a data driven guy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

man, you're trying to pick a fight PB, is DeSantis a family member or something?
Now a physical violence kind of threat?

He blew the timing on this crisis and people will be dying because of it. Period, full stop.
Let's hope he does better going forward.

This absolutely has nothing to do with R or D.
There are Govs all over the country of both parties who are taking faster action, saving lives as a result.
Who gives a hoot what party they're a member of, it's what they do and say in this crisis that counts.

Actually Maryland is very high on most desirable places to live, very high in educational achievement rate, very high in income, 'land of pleasant living' as you well know. I grew up hunting, fishing, crabbing, sailing the Chesapeake. But, sure, when my dad and mom decided to live somewhere else during the winter months (and with us the remainder), pop convinced her to go to Florida (which she hated the idea of, all the uniformity). Two golf courses, on the river, Audubon award winning, etc, and not a heavy Balt cocktail party circuit, mostly midwesterners. Very happy answer. But note: They and nearly every other resident of their community made their money in a state other than Florida.

Return to “POLITICS”