D1 Mens Lacrosse
Parputt

Re: Coaches' D1 ranking

Post by Parputt »

Parputt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:29 am
Cooter wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:10 am
Parputt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:56 am
Cooter wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:32 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:05 am Pointless.
For Hopkins' fans for sure, as an ot win over MSM isn't going to get Hopkins into the top 20. :lol:

If I was an OSU fan, I might like to see my team get credit for beating Notre Dame and being ranked above them.
POINTLESS! No one cares.
I care, so you are wrong with your first post.

I also think there will be a lot of looking back at this season in the future, so having a good final evaluation by the coaches is important.

Yes, you care. The rest of us will be looking forward. And you are correct again, that last game will be so important for evaluations moving forward as opposed to the 75 practices and hours and hours of drills and competition these players go thru. Elite coaches look ahead fans look back!
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

Parputt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:33 am Yes, you care. The rest of us will be looking forward. And you are correct again, that last game will be so important for evaluations moving forward as opposed to the 75 practices and hours and hours of drills and competition these players go thru. Elite coaches look ahead fans look back!
You are rather arrogant thinking you can speak for everyone else. :lol:
Live Free or Die!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

It’s not a fair evaluation at all. Voting on this past week is not a complete set of weekly results.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Cooter wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:02 pm
Parputt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:33 am Yes, you care. The rest of us will be looking forward. And you are correct again, that last game will be so important for evaluations moving forward as opposed to the 75 practices and hours and hours of drills and competition these players go thru. Elite coaches look ahead fans look back!
He may not speak for anyone else but so far you're the only person I've seen—on this forum or anywhere else—who actually cares about this.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:21 pm
Cooter wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:02 pm
He may not speak for anyone else but so far you're the only person I've seen—on this forum or anywhere else—who actually cares about this.
But over on other threads posters are discussing who should win the Tewaraaton and which teams would have made the tournament.
Live Free or Die!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

There are far fewer games played than we'd like and no tournament but to think that the 2020 data is meaningless is silly. 2020's games mattered. As for looking at the past or the future, who the heck only looks at one or the other? We look at both...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Forget just last weeks or the final weeks games, it's silly to care about and use a poll voted on by team SIDs as some "evaluation"

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”