All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 pm Trump is heading for a lot of push back from the medical community. He thinks a drug trial is just giving it to people. He has bought millions of units of the anti-malaria drug. You don't need millions of units to handle compassionate exemption FDA requests. :roll: Antsy in his pantsy. :lol: So if it doesn't workout, how many decades of anti-malaria drug do we stock pile? What is the shelf-life?
Perhaps he is trying to do something.........anything. He is looking for a quick fix, I wish he would find one.

It looks like the Remdesivir outcomes are not due for a few weeks. I would have thought some information would have trickled out by now.
Yes - but as many units of the anti-malaria drug as he is saying we are purchasing?? He has got happy feet.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:33 pm Testing and death reporting in the US has slowed down today.
Help me understand how they would know testing has slowed down, as in just today? Are test kits logged in and out of a central database before they can be used?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
ggait

Post by ggait »

Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Twitter is calling the Stock Act stories #Burrisma
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So the Orange Turd really put on a performance for us today. His ending rant about how he has taken an old FDA system not meant for today's crisis is such horseshlt. Fauci just put his head down and wouldn't look up. He has got to be thinking about leaving. He can play the political game and does, but even he can only put up with so much horseshlt.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

here's some analysis (paywall or free if you subscribe to the daily): https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... ell-stocks

Loeffler acquired somewhere between $100k-$250k of Citrix.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

He is a total and absolute POS. His answer to a legit question from a reporter of what he would tell those Amercans who are scared and worried tells us all we need to know about the lack of leadership coming from the top.

He's no FDR but actually thinking about how FDR ran things at a time of similar crisis is somewhat hopeful. Think about that - FDR remains inspiring even though he's DEAD but he remains that more so than the current DOPUS.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:43 pm here's some analysis (paywall or free if you subscribe to the daily): https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/artic ... ell-stocks

Loeffler acquired somewhere between $100k-$250k of Citrix.
Doing just a little bit of insider trading really isn’t much of a defense against insider trading.

Some of these Senators will be heading to jail within a couple of years.

DocBarrister :?
Last edited by DocBarrister on Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm Image
:lol:

Should knock down that kitchen wall for a more open floor plan. Safe travels!

DocBarrister :lol:
@DocBarrister
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm He is a total and absolute POS. His answer to a legit question from a reporter of what he would tell those Amercans who are scared and worried tells us all we need to know about the lack of leadership coming from the top.

He's no FDR but actually thinking about how FDR ran things at a time of similar crisis is somewhat hopeful. Think about that - FDR remains inspiring even though he's DEAD but he remains that more so than the current DOPUS.
"We have nothing to fear but fear itself" and the depression went on for 6 more years.

Unemployment averaged 18 percent during Roosevelt’s first eight years in office. Best President ever!

The absolute POS said he was hopeful. And that the total federal effort combined with American peoples cooperation was improving the situation. Thats all. Such a lack of leadership.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:52 pm
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm Image
:lol:

Should knock down that kitchen wall for a more open floor plan. Safe travels!

DocBarrister :lol:
no joke doc- i actually thought the same thing! :lol:
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

a fan wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:39 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:54 pm But the Dems are the ones who constantly tell me they want a larger government. Sure, many R's are complete hypocrites and lack substance to effect their beliefs, but I will stick to the side which at the very least gives me lip service.
Republicans represent flyover America. They can't survive without big government. It's why at every chance, they make the Federal government bigger.

But go ahead and keep voting Republican.

At least the Dems try and pay the bills.

You should have a word with the four most bankrupt states in America...all four of which are and have been run by Democrats for decades.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

So the Catholic Church in Italy is cancelling all church services. In the history of the Catholic Church, this has never happened. Even the bubonic plague didn't shutter the churches.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Illinois governor just followed CA and NY in terms of lockdown.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:41 pm Trump’s melting down. Market diving. It’s Festivus now.
We need to find out who stole the strawberries.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:12 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:33 pm Testing and death reporting in the US has slowed down today.
Help me understand how they would know testing has slowed down, as in just today? Are test kits logged in and out of a central database before they can be used?
No. I had noticed that the JHU COVID site was not updating the US numbers. Other countries were being updated. US numbers are now beginning to trickle in but not as fast as they should given the testing that is claimed to be taking place.

PS: Just jumped another 1500 US cases.
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:56 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:45 pm He is a total and absolute POS. His answer to a legit question from a reporter of what he would tell those Amercans who are scared and worried tells us all we need to know about the lack of leadership coming from the top.

"We have nothing to fear but fear itself" and the depression went on for 6 more years.

Unemployment averaged 18 percent during Roosevelt’s first eight years in office. Best President ever!

The absolute POS said he was hopeful. And that the total federal effort combined with American peoples cooperation was improving the situation. Thats all. Such a lack of leadership.
Sure thing, Hoover. :oops:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:50 pm Doing just a little bit of insider trading really isn’t much of a defense against insider trading.
i'm less upset about the insider trading than I am about the lying. At the exact same time he was warning elite insiders of the truth about the coming pandemic, Burr was penning skies-are-blue op-eds for the rest of us.

And what about my Senator, Diane Feinstein (D,CA)??? Also on the intelligence committee, also sold stock.

POS's, all of them! They KNEW, and said nothing to the general public.

Were they told this info was classified??? If so, Trump and his toadies in the Deep State (what, you didn't know that the Deep State is actually run by Trump???) deserve a lot of the blame. But no pass to the IC members who went along, instead of obeying their oaths of office.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:11 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 am
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:34 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:37 am Serious question. No politics please.

If in Wuhan China—the epicenter for this virus since December—and with population higher but comparable to California—has only had 82,000 cases.
And seems to be declining in any new cases.

How can Gavin Newsome claim 25 million Californians will be infected. They are Chicoms but being able to conceal 25 million cases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template: ... ical_cases

ps: only 250K cases globally to date

The 25 million number sounds high to me. Given the expert estimates, half of that number is easily justifiable and probably closer to the truth. Probably in the 13 to 19 range, if you believe Fauci. Half of those will show no symptoms, just spread it to others.
That's likely correct, however California has 40 million residents...so 25 is 60%.
That's in range of what the predictions are absent sufficient response.

Newsom appears to be saying that, given no ability to do surveillance testing and selective quarantine, the only way to avoid such a spread is total lockdown.

He's trying to make clear why that lockdown is critical.
Yes of course. I have always thought the 60% estimate was high. I suspect at the end of the day we will come in lower. Still a huge number and will depend on our reaction. I am a natural optimist.
Well, we sure as heck hope so! :)
I'm actually an optimist too, have to be to take the kind of entrepreneurial and sports risks I have throughout my life!
But I've always found that the best way to manage risk to look it square in the eye, understand the worst case scenarios frontally and continuously.

The 60% is absent an effective response.
So far, no nation or state or province has put up zero response, so we certainly hope no one actually hits that 60% level.

Doesn't make the 60% incorrect, though, if we fiddle while Rome is burning.
We get to those levels and we could have a real break down in society.

Return to “POLITICS”