All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

CU77

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

LA Times article on how multiple administrations and Congress have dropped the ball over (at least) the past decade:

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/ ... rned-about
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

It’s the Thank Trump hour again in Washington. Trump and Pompeo call it the Chinese virus but the other public officials call it coronavirus.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Give it up. Azar is now trying to re-write / spin history, making excuses. Azar kissing more ass right in the groove. Lord that nose is brown.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Cooter wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:48 am The current numbers at
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
have total U.S. cases at 14373 with 218 deaths.

Current active cases at 14030 with 64 critical (.46%)
Of the 343 closed cases 218 have died.

These numbers tend to point to cutting back on a lot of the restrictions, as a small percent are actually turning up critical (is this much different than the flu?).

Even when we get critical cases to the hospital, it seems like a high percentage die anyways.
Repeat after me:

This ain’t the flu.

I will pledge to avoid right-wing media outlets downplaying the coronavirus pandemic.

Now, repeat as often as necessary until you “get it”.

There are now 16,067 confirmed cases in the United States.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Night and day the difference between Cuomo and this daily circus. They are doing better actually communicating real information, but like the time share salesman, Trump is, they make you sit there for their MAGA sales pitch. :lol:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Cooter wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:48 am The current numbers at
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/
have total U.S. cases at 14373 with 218 deaths.

Current active cases at 14030 with 64 critical (.46%)
Of the 343 closed cases 218 have died.

These numbers tend to point to cutting back on a lot of the restrictions, as a small percent are actually turning up critical (is this much different than the flu?).

Even when we get critical cases to the hospital, it seems like a high percentage die anyways.
Whats the lag time between being tested positive and needing care?
Bart

Post by Bart »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:09 am
Bart wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:53 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:41 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:37 am Serious question. No politics please.

If in Wuhan China—the epicenter for this virus since December—and with population higher but comparable to California—has only had 82,000 cases.
And seems to be declining in any new cases.

How can Gavin Newsome claim 25 million Californians will be infected. They are Chicoms but being able to conceal 25 million cases?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template: ... ical_cases

ps: only 250K cases globally to date
Serious answer:

China had total lockdown, enforced 100%...and I mean enforced in ways hard to even imagine. 8 weeks of such.

We can't get kids off the beaches and out of the bars.

Newsom is saying that without a lockdown, that's where it's going.

serious answer.
Agree with this. Giving the worst case scenario. If there is one thing I am having difficulty with right now is that is all that seems to be getting out there is the worse case....absolute worse case. What i do not see is that there is a range of possibilities and if we do not do X or Y we will see A or B. Certainly people can decide not to do what they are suggested to do to avoid the worse case scenario but by only presenting the absolute worse case you create panic. Just my opinion and I could be wrong......am quite a bit actually.
Let me make the counter argument; unless we're willing to enforce a total lockdown (not voluntary) the path is indeed "worst case". We do not have the surveillance testing available to do selective quarantine, so the ONLY way to slow this thing down enough to eventually choke it off is TOTAL lockdown.

When we can get the surveillance testing necessary, we can release some of the pressure.

But right now we're neither doing total lockdown nor remotely on path to surveillance testing.

People want to know the truth...every time we softball it, the loss of credibility is far worse than the scary truth.

I'd also suggest that the only reason why someone might 'panic' in this situation is that so many people continue to recognize the enormity of the issue and the criticality of individual compliance.

Ok, I'll re-insert a bit of politics: why the heck is Florida's Governor letting kids party on the beach???
You points are well taken. But people want the truth, so give them the range of possibilities. It is not presented as such. If we do X you will see B. If we do Y, you will see A. What you get is we are going to get CCCCCCC. I do not see that but I am not watching a ton of Television.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Testing and death reporting in the US has slowed down today.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Not sure if anyone has proposed this, and there are some civil liberty issues involved, but the US ought to inform people via cell phone text if anyone in their neighborhood has tested positive.

I imagine something similar to the Amber Alerts or Hurricane alerts I currently receive.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Peter Brown wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:54 pm But the Dems are the ones who constantly tell me they want a larger government. Sure, many R's are complete hypocrites and lack substance to effect their beliefs, but I will stick to the side which at the very least gives me lip service.
Republicans represent flyover America. They can't survive without big government. It's why at every chance, they make the Federal government bigger.

But go ahead and keep voting Republican.

At least the Dems try and pay the bills.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:36 pm Not sure if anyone has proposed this, and there are some civil liberty issues involved, but the US ought to inform people via cell phone text if anyone in their neighborhood has tested positive.

I imagine something similar to the Amber Alerts or Hurricane alerts I currently receive.
I would imagine you would have to suspend HIPAA
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Trump’s melting down. Market diving. It’s Festivus now.
Last edited by Trinity on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:36 pm Not sure if anyone has proposed this, and there are some civil liberty issues involved, but the US ought to inform people via cell phone text if anyone in their neighborhood has tested positive.

By name?

Or just generally, like ... Yo, bro’, someone in ur ‘hood got them some Corona.

Big difference. First is clearly illegal. Second is probably not helpful.

DocBarrister
Last edited by DocBarrister on Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump is heading for a lot of push back from the medical community. He thinks a drug trial is just giving it to people. He has bought millions of units of the anti-malaria drug. You don't need millions of units to handle compassionate exemption FDA requests. :roll: Antsy in his pantsy. :lol: So if it doesn't workout, how many decades of anti-malaria drug do we stock pile? What is the shelf-life?
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:47 am
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 am I was just getting comfortable that a society-wide agreement had been reached to starve out this virus. Then I opened the Facebook and browsed over to the pages of my reactionary-right wing friends pages.

How long can fake news media/Democrats successfully keep Americans at a fever pitch level of irrational panic and fear?........

........We know our constitutional rights and will fight for them. We will not go gentle into Democrats' snap-of-their-fingers repeal of our constitutional freedoms intended to collapse our economy.

The simple truth is the coronavirus has had very little effect, causing around 125 deaths nationwide. What has caused the unprecedented closing down of America is media-hype about the coronavirus.

.........Because God put Trump into the White House and only God will take him out.
And apparently there is some press supporting this thinking.

https://www.americanthinker.com/article ... dness.html
Horrifyingly, that's the problem, big % of people still don't think the virus is serious...which is why we really can't think we'll follow the China track, much less the SK track.

Voluntary compliance isn't going to be enough.
If the leadership out of the WH was stronger, there'd still be some knuckleheads but they'd be isolated.
But at this point, Trump is still playing to his base.
And they've been told again and again and again...and still are...that it's not very, very serious.
So, the feedback loop with them continues to tell him he's being 'strong'. They want to be reassured that all will be fine.
It seems that Laura Ingraham of Fox is now demanding to see the COVID19 Manager. Her question: " Americans need to know date certain when this will end. The uncertainty for businesses, parents and kids is just not sustainable."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:39 pm

I would imagine you would have to suspend HIPAA
Yes, absolutely. This would be tied up in courts for a long time, longer than a year.
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 pm Trump is heading for a lot of push back from the medical community. He thinks a drug trial is just giving it to people. He has bought millions of units of the anti-malaria drug. You don't need millions of units to handle compassionate exemption FDA requests. :roll: Antsy in his pantsy. :lol: So if it doesn't workout, how many decades of anti-malaria drug do we stock pile? What is the shelf-life?
Perhaps he is trying to do something.........anything. He is looking for a quick fix, I wish he would find one.

It looks like the Remdesivir outcomes are not due for a few weeks. I would have thought some information would have trickled out by now.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:47 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:40 am I was just getting comfortable that a society-wide agreement had been reached to starve out this virus. Then I opened the Facebook and browsed over to the pages of my reactionary-right wing friends pages.

How long can fake news media/Democrats successfully keep Americans at a fever pitch level of irrational panic and fear?........

........We know our constitutional rights and will fight for them. We will not go gentle into Democrats' snap-of-their-fingers repeal of our constitutional freedoms intended to collapse our economy.

The simple truth is the coronavirus has had very little effect, causing around 125 deaths nationwide. What has caused the unprecedented closing down of America is media-hype about the coronavirus.

.........Because God put Trump into the White House and only God will take him out.

Horrifyingly, that's the problem, big % of people still don't think the virus is serious...which is why we really can't think we'll follow the China track, much less the SK track.

If the leadership out of the WH was stronger, there'd still be some knuckleheads but they'd be isolated.
And they've been told again and again and again...and still are...that it's not very, very serious.
So, the feedback loop with them continues to tell him he's being 'strong'. They want to be reassured that all will be fine.
It seems that Laura Ingraham of Fox is now demanding to see the COVID19 Manager. Her question: " Americans need to know date certain when this will end. The uncertainty for businesses, parents and kids is just not sustainable."
Ingraham has a right to be upset. It’s my understanding that the novel coronavirus has so far refused to participate in any alternative dispute resolution proceedings. We’re thinking of goin’ to the judge about this.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:46 pm Trump is heading for a lot of push back from the medical community. He thinks a drug trial is just giving it to people. He has bought millions of units of the anti-malaria drug. You don't need millions of units to handle compassionate exemption FDA requests. :roll: Antsy in his pantsy. :lol: So if it doesn't workout, how many decades of anti-malaria drug do we stock pile? What is the shelf-life?
I am still laughing at all the strange turns this could take. We could sell it off on Faux News at a premium. There are lots of crazy people who would buy it believing it cures everything with Trump selling it. We could make a killing. So this will have a placebo effect. I think Fauci wants to really speak up about this, but is playing the game. Looks on slow burn to me.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:51 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:47 pm

Ingraham has a right to be upset. It’s my understanding that the novel coronavirus has so far refused to participate in any alternative dispute resolution proceedings. We’re thinking of goin’ to the judge about this.

DocBarrister 8-)

She sounds like she doesn't believe Dear Leader. :lol:

Return to “POLITICS”