All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:18 am All in 4 days. :roll:

They just realized they needed some swabs?

How about ventilators, masks, test kits, gowns?
How we doing on that front?

Try reading this article to understand the challenge just a mite more:

https://time.com/5804555/coronavirus-lockdown-uk/
Already palletized and ready to ship immediately where need.
Bart

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:41 am
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 am“This is such a rapidly moving infection that losing a few days is bad, and losing a couple of weeks is terrible,” Jha said. “Losing 2 months is close to disastrous, and that’s what we did.”... all Republicans are bad. What does it accomplish?... What is the end game of it all?
I don't think a common voice is one of saying all GOP are bad.
That example was taken directly from posts on this forum. I will agree with your sentiment on that.

Like I said, post what you like. I was just curious is all. I appreciate the comments.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:21 am

The swabs or the test kits?

No, the test kits are not yet where needed, not in the slightest.
That's already hit, and for months now.

The ventilator shortage hasn't hit yet, but very soon.
Hope you or your loved one don't need one.

And yet where are even the production orders, delivery timeline?
why weren't those levers pulled a month ago, two months ago?...oh yeah, because it was Dem media hoax.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 am sure- i of course agree with that- but isnt that the exact thing that bart is saying? :?:
(maybe i am misunderstanding his point) :oops: :oops:
I think Bart is saying, Why keep trashing the guy(s)? And, at least for me, it's because it comforts me to know that there are others that feel the same as i do. A while back, when there were the rallies in Charlottesville, I was dumbfounded by the events. In america in the 21st Century? And then Trump comes forward and says about the White Nationalists, There are good and bad people on both sides and... I was floored. A moment in my life that I will remember forever. The POTUS was saying this in the 21st Century?! And, silly as it sounds, people, some famous, some not, came forward in numbers on Twitter and other social media outlets expressing what I was feeling, what i was thinking and... It comforted me, gave me strength. I feel similarly about this.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:21 am Already palletized and ready to ship immediately where need.
6 ft., with no insult intended, this post is so Trumpian. Whether true or not, whether the statement is actually deliverable or not, it doesn't matter. Just say it. 6 ft., you cannot be serious...
Caddy Day
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:30 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:21 am Already palletized and ready to ship immediately where need.
6 ft., with no insult intended, this post is so Trumpian. Whether true or not, whether the statement is actually deliverable or not, it doesn't matter. Just say it. 6 ft., you cannot be serious...
Of course they would come on a national broadcast and lie about it.Its irrelevant if I'm serious the problem is folks like you telling everyone else the administration isn't.

Everything Tump says is a lie—sit in your houses and die. Thats pretty ridiculous
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:24 am

why weren't those levers pulled a month ago, two months ago?...oh yeah, because it was Dem media hoax.
See what I mean. Here's a reassuring story of resupply that ties together cooperation between public sector the military and the private sector
AND YOU turd ALL OVER IT WITH NO FACTS TO SUPPORT YOUR POSITION, NOTHING BUT TRUMP SUCKS.

You people are so fn reprehensible.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:26 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:00 am sure- i of course agree with that- but isnt that the exact thing that bart is saying? :?:
(maybe i am misunderstanding his point) :oops: :oops:
I think Bart is saying, Why keep trashing the guy(s)? And, at least for me, it's because it comforts me to know that there are others that feel the same as i do. A while back, when there were the rallies in Charlottesville, I was dumbfounded by the events. In america in the 21st Century? And then Trump comes forward and says about the White Nationalists, There are good and bad people on both sides and... I was floored. A moment in my life that I will remember forever. The POTUS was saying this in the 21st Century?! And, silly as it sounds, people, some famous, some not, came forward in numbers on Twitter and other social media outlets expressing what I was feeling, what i was thinking and... It comforted me, gave me strength. I feel similarly about this.
That whole chartlotsville stories is a lie.

When Trump said there were good people on both sides of the issue he was talking about keeping the statues. NOT THE RACIST WHITE SEPERATISTS.

Read the fn transcripts. Watch the video.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 39815.html
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

The number of cases doesn't really seem to be growing that fast.
What I worry about is that either the coronavirus doesn't spread as well as expected or the efforts to flatten the curve work too well. Then we have to live in this lockdown status for months.
Live Free or Die!
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:01 am The lady from the CDC in Atlanta, I don't remember her name, made this point about the WHO test kits. The CDC was reluctant to use them because they were considered experimental kits with an unacceptable level of false positive results. I am sure the experts on this forum will give further clarification. If there was an issue with the WHO test kits, delaying using them would not be such a bad thing after all.
This was not a CDC issue. It was an FDA issue. Even the CDC cannot make use of medical devices, diagnostics and treatments without the approval of the FDA. The FDA has the legal authority to force products not approved by them off the market. To change this, someone higher up than the Director of the FDA, ie., a political appointee, member of the administration, has to intervene. The WHO kit would have to pass muster with FDA, which generally takes time. This is mostly a paperwork exercise to PROVE - SAFETY and EFFECTIVENESS.

The FDA was ordered by the administration to expedite the ROCHE machine clearance for market. This took 2 weeks, from beginning to end. This was never done for the WHO test kit. Short of intervention from higher ups, the FDA will follow their process, which takes months to years, depending on the device, diagnostic or treatment.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:33 am Everything Tump says is a lie—sit in your houses and die. Thats pretty ridiculous
Yes, that is. It's ridiculous black and white thinking. Not everything Trump says is a lie. But he lies a lot. Do you not agree? And I'm not sitting in my house dying. I'm simply living my life and following the current events with relation to this virus. And, pointing a finger at a self-serving president who lies a lot when he lies is taking a step towards living, not dying.
Caddy Day
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:38 am Look at the timeline for this thing. On this thread. What would Hillary or any other president/staff have done differently? What warning would the American people have heeded?

We’ve been talking about this seriously for the past week and a half as a legit war/crisis and yesterday Ft Walton Beach was packed.

What is testing going to do? Even if the tests weren’t screwed up? The level of testing needed (to test others than those showing symptoms) wouldn't have been possible.

At this point, if you are showing any signs whatsoever, assume you have Corona: tell everyone you know and have been in close contact with. Isolate no matter what.
In this case I am 100% certain a Clinton administration would have understood their options when informed that the WHO had a test kit working and were told we could use that, but the FDA will have to be ordered to expedite clearance. The Clinton administration would not have been short handed, playing musical chairs at the cabinet level. They would have had people familiar with the processes (and believed in them) involved. They would have been a normal administration. Not one of Acting Secretary of Muster Seed Inspections.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:36 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:24 am

See what I mean. Here's a reassuring story of resupply that ties together cooperation between public sector the military and the private sector
AND YOU turd ALL OVER IT WITH NO FACTS TO SUPPORT YOUR POSITION, NOTHING BUT TRUMP SUCKS.

You people are so fn reprehensible.
Listen 6ft, unfortunately you and your news sources have little credibility. It's been lost due to the perpetual lying by so many in the TrumpNation media world, in this context the constant minimization of the seriousness of the challenge ahead. The virus is no fault of anyone, including this POTUS. The response, however, is his responsibility to lead. And in this most crucial of leadership challenges he has failed miserably...we all should hope he does far better going forward. I am.

I'm also happy to accept this particular story you are telling, indeed I would certainly hope that these sorts of actions are happening...they're not rocket science. You might even call them "Deep State" actions that really should be happening.

The issue is that they're way, way behind.
Especially on the most crucial elements.

I note you're not responding to the questions asked, just reacting knee jerk in all caps shouting to defend Trump and his administration in the face of this challenge. That speaks for itself.

However, I don't appreciate the profanity. Not necessary to make your argument understood.
I think we were all just warned about that yesterday.
This stuff is emotional enough as it is.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:41 am That whole chartlotsville stories is a lie. When Trump said there were good people on both sides of the issue he was talking about keeping the statues. NOT THE RACIST WHITE SEPERATISTS. Read the fn transcripts. Watch the video. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 39815.html
I've read the transcripts. I've watched the video. A Group A fought with Group B. Group A had a large faction that were chanting bigoted chants ("The Jews will not replace us", etc.), that were white supremacists, that were white nationalists. White nationalist leaders were there and were key speakers for this event, etc. During this clash, a young woman died. The POTUS spoke 48 hours later, and this is a man who tweets innumerable times a day, to say, Yes, there were white nationalists etc. and these people are bad and... But not all the people were bad. His focus, by far, in his speaking was that there were good people on both sides, bad people on both sides. There was a large percentage of Group A that were White supremacists, White nationalists, a young woman dies, and he moves quickly over this and focuses on two things: How he's doing a great job and how there are bad people on both sides. When asked directly, "Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?", his answer was "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch." He simply could not say what needed to be said. Trump goes on to equate a statue of George Washington with a statue of Robert E. Lee. It goes on...

Charlottesville was not a lie. https://www.politifact.com/article/2019 ... s-remarks/
Caddy Day
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jhu72 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:15 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:38 am Look at the timeline for this thing. On this thread. What would Hillary or any other president/staff have done differently? What warning would the American people have heeded?

We’ve been talking about this seriously for the past week and a half as a legit war/crisis and yesterday Ft Walton Beach was packed.

What is testing going to do? Even if the tests weren’t screwed up? The level of testing needed (to test others than those showing symptoms) wouldn't have been possible.

At this point, if you are showing any signs whatsoever, assume you have Corona: tell everyone you know and have been in close contact with. Isolate no matter what.
In this case I am 100% certain a Clinton administration would have understood their options when informed that the WHO had a test kit working and were told we could use that, but the FDA will have to be ordered to expedite clearance. The Clinton administration would not have been short handed, playing musical chairs at the cabinet level. They would have had people familiar with the processes (and believed in them) involved. They would have been a normal administration. Not one of Acting Secretary of Muster Seed Inspections.
I think it's fair to suggest that the political instinct may well have been to try to be reassuring. I'd not have wholly surprised if the hypothetical Clinton Administration had given us ample reason to critique.

But I think you're quite correct that they'd have been well staffed and would have listened to the scientists with fully open ears. And that would have led to earlier action and earlier communication about the seriousness of the challenge.

They most certainly wouldn't have rejected using WHO tests, at least as a stop gap.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:29 am
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:41 am That whole chartlotsville stories is a lie. When Trump said there were good people on both sides of the issue he was talking about keeping the statues. NOT THE RACIST WHITE SEPERATISTS. Read the fn transcripts. Watch the video. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/artic ... 39815.html
I've read the transcripts. I've watched the video. A Group A fought with Group B. Group A had a large faction that were chanting bigoted chants ("The Jews will not replace us", etc.), that were white supremacists, that were white nationalists. White nationalist leaders were there and were key speakers for this event, etc. During this clash, a young woman died. The POTUS spoke 48 hours later, and this is a man who tweets innumerable times a day, to say, Yes, there were white nationalists etc. and these people are bad and... But not all the people were bad. His focus, by far, in his speaking was that there were good people on both sides, bad people on both sides. There was a large percentage of Group A that were White supremacists, White nationalists, a young woman dies, and he moves quickly over this and focuses on two things: How he's doing a great job and how there are bad people on both sides. When asked directly, "Mr. President, are you putting what you’re calling the alt-left and white supremacists on the same moral plane?", his answer was "I’m not putting anybody on a moral plane. What I’m saying is this: You had a group on one side and you had a group on the other, and they came at each other with clubs -- and it was vicious and it was horrible. And it was a horrible thing to watch." He simply could not say what needed to be said. Trump goes on to equate a statue of George Washington with a statue of Robert E. Lee. It goes on...

Charlottesville was not a lie. https://www.politifact.com/article/2019 ... s-remarks/
Gotta remember that for a surprisingly large segment of his base, this is actually appealing.

And for most of the rest, it's all Red Team vs Blue Team. And they see it as warfare.

No room for critique of Der Leader.

I wouldn't want to suppose as to the motivations of any particular poster in that regard.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Cooter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:54 am The number of cases doesn't really seem to be growing that fast.
What I worry about is that either the coronavirus doesn't spread as well as expected or the efforts to flatten the curve work too well. Then we have to live in this lockdown status for months.
Yikes, Cooter.
You've seen the Italy graph?

How about the US?

"that fast" ???

But yeah, assuming that we do flatten the curve enough to prevent the health care system being entirely overwhelmed, you can expect significant disruption to normal behaviors for many months. It's going to be a rolling serious of smaller waves for the next 18 months.

But it's going to even worse if we don't flatten that curve.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Thanks, that's quite interesting.

Have to say that I'm still not 100% reassured, because I'm not 100% confident that in a time of national emergency, requiring martial law, that the Constitution would be observed by the Trumpists.

The Constitution is only as strong as our compliance to it.

That said, this article makes clear how huge the bar would need to be and how self-evident the power grab would need to be.

Important.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:50 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 am
Bart wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 am
Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:50 am : “This is such a rapidly moving infection that losing a few days is bad, and losing a couple of weeks is terrible,” Jha said. “Losing 2 months is close to disastrous, and that’s what we did.”

Ashish Jha. Harvard Global Health Institute
I know this is a political forum and everything here is seen through a political lens. Just curious, what is the point of postings like this? It is like the constant update of number of infected and then saying all Republicans are bad. What does it accomplish?

I think we can all agree every (I actually do not know....every is MY word) scientific expert who deals with this type of stuff as a livelihood will come out at some point and say we should have acted quicker...............

You are free to post what you like. In all honesty, it really does not bother me but I find it curious. What is the end game of it all?
Bart,
I think you've been striking a really good tone.
Hopes and wishes that all involved will make good decisions going forward.

However, this is NOT happening, even today.
And there's, unfortunately, no basis to expect that to be the case tomorrow.
We're simply moving too slowly...so demanding faster by putting a spotlight on those dragging their feet by lighting up their past BS is potentially helpful.

Note that there many who think Trump and co really did all the right things, and are doing all the right things now, though we're still way, way too slow.

No, this is not "all Republicans"...I'm one R who doesn't buy the BS, but the % who don't think Covid-19 is "serious" is a majority of R's, a 50:50 split among I's... heck, only 87% of D's!

Meaning that the level of personal sacrifices necessary to get this from being an immense catastrophe is just not yet there.
Bart Good tone BUT....

Trump may have saved 1000s with his Travel bans BUT....

The team trump assembled from the private and public sector are excellent BUT....

Face it. Trump just sucks. And no matter how that continued unsubstantiated message confuses this situation the left will continue to disparage and lie about the administrations performance. No buts about it.
You have no proof that closing the border to the Chinese had any impact at all over and above the Chinese lookdown in their own country. Same for Europe, they weren't flooding this country. These likely had / have some small impact, but no where near the impact you and Orange Duce think. Once the virus is in the US and spreading, this vector is the biggest contributor to the spread, not international travel from a locked down country. My stated position is one of neutrality. It doesn't hurt, but they are not having a huge impact.

Having said that, now that the Chinese have loosened their lockdown internally, we will see what happens there without worrying about any effect here.

Return to “POLITICS”