All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Kismet

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Kismet »

At this point, everything that was or wasn't done in the past is pretty much irrelevant and a waste of bandwidth. Akin to Trump's continued tweeting which isn't helpful. Ditto for those drumming up crises of the past that may not be applicable here.

What is critically important is what the Feds and state governments do from this point on. As much as I detest Trump I can only hope that he stops lying and listens to his experts across the board and takes necessary action to deal with the situation. My concern (and soon fear) is that he won't change anything at all and that we all may be going down with the ship. I can tell things are bad when the consensus is that Andy Cuomo is the paragon of leadership. Nevertheless, despite his past behavior, he is doing the right things and sounding/acting like a leader. I can only hope/wish the same from national leaders in DC.

I was out yesterday for a bit, supermarket was well stocked except for TP and some other paper goods and people were calm and doing their best. Local restaurants set up take-out menus and pick up stations. Some even offered to deliver to older, homebound customers.

I'm encouraged that we will all get through this if we stick together and do the important things that our local and federal governments instruct us to do. We can only hope that they will level with us on the important stuff.

Stay safe, everybody
Bart

Post by Bart »

cradleandshoot wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:01 am The lady from the CDC in Atlanta, I don't remember her name, made this point about the WHO test kits. The CDC was reluctant to use them because they were considered experimental kits with an unacceptable level of false positive results. I am sure the experts on this forum will give further clarification. If there was an issue with the WHO test kits, delaying using them would not be such a bad thing after all.
She did recently walk this one back. Per the NY Times she walked back the 50% - 47% false positives regarding the WHO test kits. She indicated it was early tests used in China. I have no problem with people making mistakes and correcting them. But the continued mismanagement of pertenant data and information erodes our confidence in what these people are saying.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:52 pm
foreverlax wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:36 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:29 pm Watch the video. All the way to the end:

https://thebulwark.com/anatomy-of-a-viral-lie/
Way to go Dr. Carson, as the saying goes, his comments will age extremely well.
Ben Carsons saved more lives than you've had sandwiches.

I'm going to accept his recognition of Trumps character and good will.

Yours not so much.
Same back at you....best of luck in your world! :roll:
Bart

Post by Bart »

Kismet wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:16 am At this point, everything that was or wasn't done in the past is pretty much irrelevant and a waste of bandwidth. Akin to Trump's continued tweeting which isn't helpful. Ditto for those drumming up crises of the past that may not be applicable here.

What is critically important is what the Feds and state governments do from this point on. As much as I detest Trump I can only hope that he stops lying and listens to his experts across the board and takes necessary action to deal with the situation. My concern (and soon fear) is that he won't change anything at all and that we all may be going down with the ship. I can tell things are bad when the consensus is that Andy Cuomo is the paragon of leadership. Nevertheless, despite his past behavior, he is doing the right things and sounding/acting like a leader. I can only hope/wish the same from national leaders in DC.

I was out yesterday for a bit, supermarket was well stocked except for TP and some other paper goods and people were calm and doing their best. Local restaurants set up take-out menus and pick up stations. Some even offered to deliver to older, homebound customers.

I'm encouraged that we will all get through this if we stick together and do the important things that our local and federal governments instruct us to do. We can only hope that they will level with us on the important stuff.

Stay safe, everybody
It was very interesting to me that Fauci directly messaged the younger set yesterday.

I agree with your point about the leadership. My wish of all wishes at this point is that they all.....POTUS and all 50 Governors get on the same page and have the same message.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“The cause and effect of Trump’s denial and its repetition from his vast and sophisticated echo chamber is directly responsible for vast numbers of Americans not believing the danger is real. It endangers every American and counts as a leadership failure that is catastrophic.”

Steve Schmidt, gop consultant
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Yesterday while wrapping up a CV media conference, Buffalo mayor Byron Brown gave the green light to go outside and celebrate the departure of Tom Brady from the NE Patriots and hopefully the AFC East as long as done responsibly in gathering of 10 or less. Finally some good news!
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“ The whole country is trying to manage Trump the way a battered spouse manages a violent partner ... lavish positive reinforcement for each baby step toward sobriety.
But we should remember: Trump is a public employee. He works for *you.* He's not boss. His needs are not primary.”

David Frum
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

ardilla secreta wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:53 am Yesterday while wrapping up a CV media conference, Buffalo mayor Byron Brown gave the green light to go outside and celebrate the departure of Tom Brady from the NE Patriots and hopefully the AFC East as long as done responsibly in gathering of 10 or less. Finally some good news!
since someone is inevitably going to write that you shouldnt joke about COVID19, i for one certainly welcome just a little nugget of tasteful humour at a time like this. :lol:
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

: “This is such a rapidly moving infection that losing a few days is bad, and losing a couple of weeks is terrible,” Jha said. “Losing 2 months is close to disastrous, and that’s what we did.”

Ashish Jha. Harvard Global Health Institute
Bart

Post by Bart »

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:50 am : “This is such a rapidly moving infection that losing a few days is bad, and losing a couple of weeks is terrible,” Jha said. “Losing 2 months is close to disastrous, and that’s what we did.”

I know this is a political forum and everything here is seen through a political lens. Just curious, what is the point of postings like this? It is like the constant update of number of infected and then saying all Republicans are bad. What does it accomplish?

I think we can all agree every (I actually do not know....every is MY word) scientific expert who deals with this type of stuff as a livelihood will come out at some point and say we should have acted quicker...............

You are free to post what you like. In all honesty, it really does not bother me but I find it curious. What is the end game of it all?
ChairmanOfTheBoard

its a good point and reminds us that our elected officials (and their bickering) somewhat are just a reflection of the general population.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 am
Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:50 am : “This is such a rapidly moving infection that losing a few days is bad, and losing a couple of weeks is terrible,” Jha said. “Losing 2 months is close to disastrous, and that’s what we did.”

I know this is a political forum and everything here is seen through a political lens. Just curious, what is the point of postings like this? It is like the constant update of number of infected and then saying all Republicans are bad. What does it accomplish?

I think we can all agree every (I actually do not know....every is MY word) scientific expert who deals with this type of stuff as a livelihood will come out at some point and say we should have acted quicker...............

You are free to post what you like. In all honesty, it really does not bother me but I find it curious. What is the end game of it all?
Bart,
I think you've been striking a really good tone.
Hopes and wishes that all involved will make good decisions going forward.

However, this is NOT happening, even today.
And there's, unfortunately, no basis to expect that to be the case tomorrow.
We're simply moving too slowly...so demanding faster by putting a spotlight on those dragging their feet by lighting up their past BS is potentially helpful.

Note that there many who think Trump and co really did all the right things, and are doing all the right things now, though we're still way, way too slow.

No, this is not "all Republicans"...I'm one R who doesn't buy the BS, but the % who don't think Covid-19 is "serious" is a majority of R's, a 50:50 split among I's... heck, only 87% of D's!

Meaning that the level of personal sacrifices necessary to get this from being an immense catastrophe is just not yet there.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Bart wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:07 am“This is such a rapidly moving infection that losing a few days is bad, and losing a couple of weeks is terrible,” Jha said. “Losing 2 months is close to disastrous, and that’s what we did.”... all Republicans are bad. What does it accomplish?... What is the end game of it all?
I don't think a common voice is one of saying all GOP are bad. As for the end game, at least for me, it gives me comfort to know that there are others that see the truth, that our POTUS is awful. Not necessarily at doing his job but as a human being. He really is awful. he was awful before he became POTUS. He's still awful now that he's the POTUS. and this comforts me. And, while being comforted with these truths, it also makes me feel better knowing that come November he, hopefully, will be replaced by a more empathetic human being. But that's just me.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 am its a good point and reminds us that our elected officials (and their bickering) somewhat are just a reflection of the general population.
COB, agreed about politicians in general. But Trump is a whole other animal. He is truly unique...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:37 am

Bart,

We're simply moving too slowly...so demanding faster by putting a spotlight on those dragging their feet by lighting up their past BS is potentially helpful.

Note that there many who think Trump and co really did all the right things, and are doing all the right things now, though we're still way, way too slow.

No, this is not "all Republicans"...I'm one R who doesn't buy the BS, but the % who don't think Covid-19 is "serious" is a majority of R's, a 50:50 split among I's... heck, only 87% of D's!

Meaning that the level of personal sacrifices necessary to get this from being an immense catastrophe is just not yet there.
Bart Good tone BUT....

Trump may have saved 1000s with his Travel bans BUT....

The team trump assembled from the private and public sector are excellent BUT....

Face it. Trump just sucks. And no matter how that continued unsubstantiated message confuses this situation the left will continue to disparage and lie about the administrations performance. No buts about it.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:44 am
ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:28 am its a good point and reminds us that our elected officials (and their bickering) somewhat are just a reflection of the general population.
COB, agreed about politicians in general. But Trump is a whole other animal. He is truly unique...
sure- i of course agree with that- but isnt that the exact thing that bart is saying? :?:

(maybe i am misunderstanding his point) :oops: :oops:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:50 am

Bart,

Bart Good tone BUT....

The team trump assembled from the private and public sector are excellent BUT....

Face it. Trump just sucks. And no matter how that continued unsubstantiated message confuses this situation the left will continue to disparage and lie about the administrations performance. No buts about it.
Stay in TrumpWorld 6ft, it's so much happier.
Deluded, but happier.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 am

Bart,

Bart Good tone BUT....

Deluded, but happier.
Saw the logistics Czar for Trump on air yesterday.

They anticipated a shortage of test swabs—He contacted the overseas manufacturer—they ramped up production of 850K swabs He contacted the military who sent a military transport to pick them up. The plane flew into memphis for Fed ex to distribute nationwide. All in under 4 days. How could that have happened when Trump and his idiot associates can't manage to get dressed by themselves.

Keep pouring anxiety onto the situation skippy. Its so helpful.
calourie

Post by calourie »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:05 am

Bart,

Bart Good tone BUT....

Deluded, but happier.
For me it is a form of venting , as well as engagement in a time of social interaction contraction (I have been self quarantining since way before the moment Trump realized this was a pandemic [ he claims months ago, evidence points to Friday ]). Also a form of amusement (note the tricky use of odd paranthetical marks) in a time of possible catastrophe.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

All in 4 days. :roll:

They just realized they needed some swabs?

How about ventilators, masks, test kits, gowns?
How we doing on that front?

Try reading this article to understand the challenge just a mite more:

https://time.com/5804555/coronavirus-lockdown-uk/

Return to “POLITICS”