All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

6ftstick

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:13 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:05 pm
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:50 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:45 pm What ever. By your standards....every country with growing virus outbreak is imperfect. You are sooooo smart and perfect. :roll:
Not at all. All I know is we could have done better, as does everyone else, and blaming it on some rank and file civil servants in the CDC, FDA or NIH is a dog that will not hunt!
That is a given...by each and every leader of each and every country. But to try and cast ALL THE BLAME on a single person (in this case our POTUS) is nothing short of partisan bemoaning. Our entire medical infrastructure failed.....period and even though Trump may have 'wanted' to cut it, it was not.

By your standards, 'hat is bad for America is good for democrats.... and that seems to be the line you are towing. -- what BS.
This is not all Trump's fault. He had help. The people he has surrounded himself with. Enabling him.
I'm sure Doctors Birx and Giroir would disagree with you.

Check their resumes I think they might understand how government works.

You know skippy you're right there in Baltimore, Go on over to those goofballs in Washington and straighten them out. You could save some lives since they're so incompetent and there just to suck Trumps member.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 pm
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:45 pm What ever. By your standards....every country with growing virus outbreak is imperfect. You are sooooo smart and perfect. :roll:
Not at all. All I know is we could have done better, as does everyone else, and blaming it on some rank and file civil servants in the CDC, FDA or NIH is a dog that will not hunt!
That is a given...by each and every leader of each and every country. But to try and cast ALL THE BLAME on a single person (in this case our POTUS) is nothing short of partisan bemoaning. Our entire medical infrastructure failed.....period and even though Trump may have 'wanted' to cut it, it was not.

By your standards, 'hat is bad for America is good for democrats.... and that seems to be the line you are towing. -- what BS.
This is not all Trump's fault. He had help. The people he has surrounded himself with. Enabling him.

You know skippy you're right there in Baltimore, Go on over to those goofballs in Washington and straighten them out. You could save some lives since they're so incompetent and there just to suck Trumps member.
I believe he was referring to Pence and his ilk, not the scientists.
Pence has his nose so far up...
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Pense has his nose so far up...
We'll let his pronouncements stand on their own.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

6ftstick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Well, I haven't watched Giroir much, but Birx was awful today with her handwaving about the WHO tests...she was trying desperately not to answer the straight question as to whether anyone in the US had turned down WHO tests.

The real answer?
Yes, we consciously chose to develop our own.
Yes, we had the option to use the WHO tests in the meantime.
Yes, when our tests failed and we needed to begin again, we consciously chose not to go to WHO tests in the meantime.
Yes, we discussed these decisions with the White House.

Interesting follow-up question, (desperately to be avoided if you want to keep serving your country during a time of crisis), did anyone in the WH, especially the POTUS, challenge this decision? Or did they encourage you to avoid the WHO and direct you to only use USA?

That said, Birx didn't join this cluster f... until February 27th, so she wasn't the one making those decisions, wasn't even in those conversations.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Birx clearly understands, but she wasn't on the team when the really stupid stuff, like denying what the virus was, was going on. The Admiral clearly understands, but who was listening to him in December??? Trump has not taken this seriously until the past week of so. Now you have a couple of folks who do have some idea what they are doing. The existence of this two proves nothing. WHERE WERE THEY IN EARLY JANUARY, when this was all a democrat hoax?
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:49 pm
6ftstick wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:41 pm

Well, I haven't watched Giroir much, but Birx was awful today with her handwaving about the WHO tests...she was trying desperately not to answer the straight question as to whether anyone in the US had turned down WHO tests.

The real answer?
Yes, we consciously chose to develop our own.
Yes, we had the option to use the WHO tests in the meantime.
Yes, when our tests failed and we needed to begin again, we consciously chose not to go to WHO tests in the meantime.
Yes, we discussed these decisions with the White House.

Interesting follow-up question, (desperately to be avoided if you want to keep serving your country during a time of crisis), did anyone in the WH, especially the POTUS, challenge this decision? Or did they encourage you to avoid the WHO and direct you to only use USA?
After the Admiral said his little piece, they all seemed in a hurry to get off the stage. You know, like any follow up question would be a problem. :lol:
CU77

Post by CU77 »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 pm ...compared to EBOLA Czar Ron Klain -- lawyer & VP Biden's COS ?
Ah, as expected, more useless whataboutism from our local defender of all things Trump.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:55 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 pm ...compared to EBOLA Czar Ron Klain -- lawyer & VP Biden's COS ?
Ah, as expected, more useless whataboutism from our local defender of all things Trump.
He didn’t vote for Trump.
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Pence has his nose so far up...
You are correct MDLax. Not Pence specifically, but everyone that is genuflecting every time this clown farts. :lol: The two in question are some of his better informed team members, but that hasn't kept them (at least Birx, less so the Admiral) from kissing OD's butt constantly.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:57 pmHe didn’t vote for Trump.
Also didn't vote for the only person who had a non-zero chance to beat him.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

The next day, we go to the White House for this meeting. I’ve had occasion to be in meetings at the White House for about a decade, and this was a very typical White House meeting, in that the hour we were told the meeting was going to start was not when it started. So after a lot of waiting around, we finally see everyone jostling around in the hallway, and Kellyanne Conway was there. Mike Pence walks in, and the very first thing he does is stick out his hand and say, “Hey, nice to meet you,” and shake everyone’s hand.

Then he sits down and has a glass of water, and everyone’s kind of looking around nervously and looking down at their hands. I pulled out some hand sanitizer and immediately did my thing because, as luck would have it, earlier that day our office had handed out hand sanitizer. Thank God I had taken it with me, because this was happening as all of the reporting was coming out about his interactions with the Brazilian officials. It felt pretty crazy because it’s the person in charge of coronavirus containment, and he’s shaking people’s hands.

I know it sounds like such a minor thing—it’s just one handshake. But that’s literally how this sh*t happens. Leadership is always by example. It was so befuddling to me that someone who’s in charge of this very, very, very serious thing wasn’t taking it very, very, very seriously. There’s so much sh*t every day that you’re constantly like, “Oh, whatever, it’s the Trump administration. Of course crazy stuff happens.” But this was so beyond the pale because of the seriousness of it. It seems like a minor thing, but it’s so not. It gets to the root of the fact that these people don’t actually know or care what they’re dealing with. And that’s so terrifying.
https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/0 ... shake.html

Paging os to bring up Obama and ebola again …

By the way, anyone here get ebola back then?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:00 pm
The next day, we go to the White House for this meeting. I’ve had occasion to be in meetings at the White House for about a decade, and this was a very typical White House meeting, in that the hour we were told the meeting was going to start was not when it started. So after a lot of waiting around, we finally see everyone jostling around in the hallway, and Kellyanne Conway was there. Mike Pence walks in, and the very first thing he does is stick out his hand and say, “Hey, nice to meet you,” and shake everyone’s hand.

Then he sits down and has a glass of water, and everyone’s kind of looking around nervously and looking down at their hands. I pulled out some hand sanitizer and immediately did my thing because, as luck would have it, earlier that day our office had handed out hand sanitizer. Thank God I had taken it with me, because this was happening as all of the reporting was coming out about his interactions with the Brazilian officials. It felt pretty crazy because it’s the person in charge of coronavirus containment, and he’s shaking people’s hands.

I know it sounds like such a minor thing—it’s just one handshake. But that’s literally how this sh*t happens. Leadership is always by example. It was so befuddling to me that someone who’s in charge of this very, very, very serious thing wasn’t taking it very, very, very seriously. There’s so much sh*t every day that you’re constantly like, “Oh, whatever, it’s the Trump administration. Of course crazy stuff happens.” But this was so beyond the pale because of the seriousness of it. It seems like a minor thing, but it’s so not. It gets to the root of the fact that these people don’t actually know or care what they’re dealing with. And that’s so terrifying.
https://slate.com/human-interest/2020/0 ... shake.html

Paging os to bring up Obama and ebola again …

By the way, anyone here get ebola back then?
Don’t forget that Benghazi was Hillary’s fault.
“I wish you would!”
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tweet! jhu72 (and all), it's the off-season so things become more relaxed within the forum. With this said, let's keep the profanity off the pages. Tweet! PLAY ON!

old salt

Post by old salt »

CU77 wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:00 pm Paging os to bring up Obama and ebola again …
FTR -- I posted the EBOLA response as one of the things I praised Obama for. Klain shares the credit.
I applauded the decision to deploy US military forces to Africa to participate.
The fact that they're both lawyers, like Morrison, disqualifies none of them.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Admin
A fair reminder...this stuff does get rather infuriating.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Watch the video. All the way to the end:

https://thebulwark.com/anatomy-of-a-viral-lie/
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:14 pm
He is a lawyer....gmafb, he has no standing based on no expertise.
...compared to EBOLA Czar Ron Klain -- lawyer & VP Biden's COS ?
Morrison headed the NSC directorate & oversaw the consolidation of related functions, with overlapping expertise.
[/quote]

....compare to the actual people that were there, that DipStick said he could get back, and evidently didn't do it quick enough.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:29 pm Watch the video. All the way to the end:

Truly amazing. Horrifying.

6ft, do watch.
Painful, we know, but all accurate.
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:29 pm Watch the video. All the way to the end:

Way to go Dr. Carson, as the saying goes, his comments will age extremely well.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

"...and the tests are all perfect... like the letter was perfect..."
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15

Return to “POLITICS”