All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

CU77

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by CU77 »

Yesterday, the Jack Ma Foundation, a charitable organization established by the founder of the Chinese retail company Alibaba, announced a donation of 500,000 testing kits to the United States.

Acute state failure has reduced the richest nation in world history to a charitable cause.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... is/608026/
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

CU77 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:36 pm
Yesterday, the Jack Ma Foundation, a charitable organization established by the founder of the Chinese retail company Alibaba, announced a donation of 500,000 testing kits to the United States.

Acute state failure has reduced the richest nation in world history to a charitable cause.
The sycophants will come to the administrations defense.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:41 pm

Are they WHO approved test kits ? (failure rate ?)
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:47 pm

Look into it and let us know.
🤡

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-sho ... cost-lives
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Serious question/request: could you provide a link that compares the failure rate of the WHO kits versus either those the CDC eventually produced or the ones currently being constructed here in the US.

I can't find so far with google anything that suggests a high failure rate of WHO kits.
Typical Lax Dad

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:53 pm

Serious question/request: could you provide a link that compares the failure rate of the WHO kits versus either those the CDC eventually produced or the ones currently being constructed here in the US.

I can't find so far with google anything that suggests a high failure rate of WHO kits.
We went with these so as to not get out over our skis: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/12/heal ... s-cdc.html
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

MAGA: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/02 ... on-improve

We have the D team running the country....When the Chinese developers produced kits, they went back to eating Bats and Pangolins and other uncivilized foods.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

PLCB the North Korea like wine and spirits sales monopoly in Pennsylvania just announced that they will be closing all the stores in suburban Philadelphia. If you have a car, you can drive to NJ or Delaware, but this is the whistle that insanity must begin. Citizens now know the hoarding for liquor begins NOW!
old salt

Post by old salt »

I didn't say WHO kits had a high failure rate. I linked a report that early Chinese test kits had a 30-50 % failure rate.
Bits & pieces I've found (Bloomberg & abc) -- different reports describing the unreliability of initial Chinese & Japanese test kits, in addition to the thoroughly reported CDC "techinica glitch " & FDA bureaucratic wrangling which delayed US testing startup.

Ask TLD about the WHO kits. He keeps karping about Trump turning down test kits offered by WHO. with no specifics to back up the accusation.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:09 pm

I didn't say WHO kits had a high failure rate. I linked a report that early Chinese test kits had a 30-50 % failure rate.
Bits & pieces I've found (Bloomberg & abc) -- different reports describing the unreliability of initial Chinese & Japanese test kits, in addition to the thoroughly reported CDC "techinica glitch " & FDA bureaucratic wrangling which delayed US testing startup.

Ask TLD about the WHO kits. He keeps karping about Trump turning down test kits offered by WHO. with no specifics to back up the accusation.
I don't know the failure rate of the WHO units. Nobody seemed to complain about them and it wasn't covered anywhere....you know who had a bad failure rate? The USA....so going a few weeks with 0 kits and 0 failures is better than testing 200,000 with maybe a 50% failure rate. That's logic for the best and the brightest? Read the articles. Those orientals did a bang up job.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:08 pm PLCB the North Korea like wine and spirits sales monopoly in Pennsylvania just announced that they will be closing all the stores in suburban Philadelphia. If you have a car, you can drive to NJ or Delaware, but this is the whistle that insanity must begin. Citizens now know the hoarding for liquor begins NOW!
On a lighter note, this might bet the death of PA's monopoly. Especially if PA citizens are unhappy with how long they stayed closed.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:41 pm

I don't know the failure rate of the WHO units. Nobody seemed to complain about them and it wasn't covered anywhere....you know who had a bad failure rate? The USA....so going a few weeks with 0 kits and 0 failures is better than testing 200,000 with maybe a 50% failure rate. That's logic for the best and the brightest? Read the articles. Those orientals did a bang up job.
By locking down Wuhan province the way we are now locking down the USA, & more EU nations are following suit.

A 50% failure rate of 200,000 tests allows 100,000 potential carriers to share bat soup & cigarettes with granny & grandpa.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:02 pm

By locking down Wuhan province the way we are now locking down the USA, & more EU nations are following suit.

A 50% failure rate of 200,000 tests allows 100,000 potential carriers to share bat soup & cigarettes with granny & grandpa.
a stop gap while we developed our own.... don't let perfect be the enemy of good :lol: :lol: so it's better to let 200,000 carriers have soup while waiting for a test to be developed, which then had a worse failure rate.......

MAGA
🤡

Stop misleading people, you don’t know the failure rate of the WHO units.
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:46 pm
ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:08 pm PLCB the North Korea like wine and spirits sales monopoly in Pennsylvania just announced that they will be closing all the stores in suburban Philadelphia. If you have a car, you can drive to NJ or Delaware, but this is the whistle that insanity must begin. Citizens now know the hoarding for liquor begins NOW!
On a lighter note, this might bet the death of PA's monopoly. Especially if PA citizens are unhappy with how long they stayed closed.
You’ve obviously never heard of the 1936 Johnstown flood tax. The supposedly temporary tax of 18% on all alcohol sales to help the western Pennsylvania town of Johnstown to recover was never rescinded because it was a cash cow to state coffers. Pennsylvania is the biggest alcohol buyer in the USA. Potential big buy discounts aren’t passed on, just jacked up 18%. Restaurants not only do NOT get 30 days to pay, their costs are barely above retail. Plus they don’t deliver. You want it - go get it sucker.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:06 pm

a stop gap while we developed our own.... don't let perfect be the enemy of good :lol: :lol: so it's better to let 200,000 carriers have soup while waiting for a test to be developed, which then had a worse failure rate.......

MAGA
🤡

You're doing the misleading. I never cited or implied a failure rate for the WHO units.
The failure rates were in the knockoffs which China, Japan & the US produced & rushed into service.
Apparently S Korea got it right.
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

United States has at least 2,796 confirmed coronavirus cases now.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Will cross 3,000 by tomorrow. Have we even begun testing in earnest yet? No, we haven’t.

In truth, the “real” count may be ten or a hundred times as high or more.

The magnitude and horror of Trump’s failure has only begun to be revealed.

DocBarrister :(
@DocBarrister
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:28 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:06 pm

MAGA
🤡

You're doing the misleading. I never cited or implied a failure rate for the WHO units.
The failure rates were in the knockoffs which China, Japan & the US produced & rushed into service.
Apparently S Korea got it right.
stop...
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

DocBarrister wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:34 pm United States has at least 2,796 confirmed coronavirus cases now.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Will cross 3,000 by tomorrow. Have we even begun testing in earnest yet? No, we haven’t.

In truth, the “real” count may be ten or a hundred times as high or more.

The magnitude and horror of Trump’s failure has only begun to be revealed.

DocBarrister :(
We don't want to get out over our skis with testing.
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”