The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
6ftstick

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:08 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:44 pm
a fan wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:14 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:19 am
Don't put words in my mouth.

However this originated it is "now" the media and democrats latest attempt at a Trumpectomy.

To deny that denys reality.
So don't put words in your mouth.....and then tell me I'm right in the next sentence.

Dude. You don't get it. If Trump does an adequate job, and hold the economy together and keeps this virus at a minimum? He will have a MASSIVE advantage in the election. There's no "faking" your way out of this....either for Donald, or for your idea that the Media is trying to take him down.

Our President has to actually do his job. Something you seem to be unwilling to understand. He does his job? He wins. You should be thrilled, since you think R's can do no wrong.
Your so full of SH*T

He's been doing his job—quite well—for the last 3 years. And how's the press treated him.
In what specific ways has he down the job quite well. Factual and detailed, not “he’s deregulated” or “brought manufacturing jobs back” (factually untrue, manufacturing jobs are lower here) or “the tax cut” (which was written by congress when they were saying “he will sign anything we put in front of him”).

Specifically and in detail in what ways has he down the job quite well that can hold up to sunlight? Please describe in detail and be accurate.

And for the record, having a larger lucky rabbits foot shoved up his a** than Eli Manning did the two times he played the Patriots in Super Bowls does not qualify as doing a job quite well.
ISIS and Caliphate eliminated—no more crucifixions or beheadings live on the internet
Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi , Soleimani, Qassim al-Rimi, (al-Qaeda leader in Yemen) terrorist leadership killed

Chinese Trade deficit renegotiated to our benefit

NAFTA renegotiated to our benefit

NATO nations now contributing their share

Tax cuts for the middle class—billions poured back into the economy

DEREGULATION
According to the federal government’s own rule-making tracking system, the Trump Administration has implemented 2.7 significant deregulatory actions for every one added through October of last year, for a net regulatory savings of $33 billion

4 million job expansion of the work force

Criminal Justice reform

US embassy in Israel moved to Jerusalem

Market Watch
U.S. enjoys best manufacturing jobs growth of the last 30 years
2019—264,000 new manufacturing jobs were added, representing the highest number of new workers since 1988.
As a percent of the total workforce, manufacturing rose for the first time since 1984.

Forbes Jan 2019
Manufacturing jobs are growing at a 714% faster clip under Trump than over a similar time under Obama.
Under Obama, federal state and local government employment grew 6 times faster than did manufacturing jobs, while under Trump, that ratio has been reversed, with manufacturing jobs growing 5 times faster than government jobs.

Investors Business Daily
The government did better on revenues and deficits in the year after Trump's tax cuts went into effect than it did in Obama's last year in office.

Kavenaugh

Gorsuch

NY Times—today
51 Judges Named by Trump
Appointees by the president make up more than a quarter of the appellate bench, populating seats on 11 of the 13 circuits.

The Market was about to break 30,000 prior to the Coronavirus panic.

I'm certain this is meaningless to you but he was the first President to have the balls to SPEAK at the March For Life Rally
Last edited by 6ftstick on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
a fan

Post by a fan »

France shut down restaurants and cafes.

The piddly, pointless package that Pelosi, McConnell and Trump came up with wont' do squat to save small businesses.

Your favorite indie restaurants are all about to go out of business. They can't handle being shut down for months. And that's what's most likely to happen.

America is huge. We can't shut down just one State. We have to shut them all down. And we have to wait for all of them to give the all clear sign before we open a single State.

Does it sound like this shut down will last for one month? Sure doesn't sound like that to me.

If I were in charge, I'd figure out a way to give a mortgage holiday. And I'd cut a check for $2K per month for all tax filers until this passes. This stupid game of giving sick pay will make things WORSE for small businesses.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Make fun of AOC all you like, but she's 1000% right.

I was talking to my wife about this. Not only are politicians in DC millionaires, most top level policy wonks are sitting on a few hundred thousand in the bank. I honestly think this is why the come up with these stupid, convoluted bailouts that either make the 1% richer, or puts too much nonsense in the way for people to actually get immediate financial relief. I think it helps AOC that she's just a laid off bartender with a BA.

Cut all the horsehockey, and cut ever single taxpayer AT LEAST $1,000 each month during this crisis. That's a piddly $150 Billion per month. A nothingburger.

This would be a MASSIVE help to the bottom 75% of earners. Keeping them eating, and keeping them housed. And small businesses don't have to worry about giving these employees money to keep the lights on, which gives small businesses relief.

Add in mortgage relief for small businesses and renters/homeowners (that's a much bigger ticket), we'd come flying out of this economic disaster.

What Congress and Trump is offering is a joke. Might as well do nothing. How the firetruck is anyone going to huddle in an unemployment office, filling out forms??? Oh yeah, that's REAL smart.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc-ri ... g-students
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:00 pm France shut down restaurants and cafes.

The piddly, pointless package that Pelosi, McConnell and Trump came up with wont' do squat to save small businesses.

Your favorite indie restaurants are all about to go out of business. They can't handle being shut down for months. And that's what's most likely to happen.

America is huge. We can't shut down just one State. We have to shut them all down. And we have to wait for all of them to give the all clear sign before we open a single State.

Does it sound like this shut down will last for one month? Sure doesn't sound like that to me.

If I were in charge, I'd figure out a way to give a mortgage holiday. And I'd cut a check for $2K per month for all tax filers until this passes. This stupid game of giving sick pay will make things WORSE for small businesses.
I suspect that as soon as CDC gets enough test results to start accurately mapping the community spread & projecting additional potential hot spots, Governor's will be encouraged to start lifting restrictions in their state, at each Governor's discretion.
...just restrict restaurants from offering early bird specials to seniors.
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

old salt posted:
unreal, wow.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Andersen wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:09 am old salt posted:
unreal, wow.
Just incredibly stupid.
We were told yesterday that the chief issue with young people is being asymptomatic carriers. That's why so critical to close schools as youngest kids can't be expected to really do social distancing, hygiene well enough and go back to their families with the bug.

Harvard infectious disease expert just on CNN this AM saying best estimates are that current infection in US is 30-40k, not 3k found, because testing has been so limited.

Said that what we're being told about younger people not being at risk is FALSE. That though it's true that older are MORE at risk, younger people have indeed been getting very, very sick...and dying. LESS, but definitely at risk and not just with underlying issues.

We need to see the data and we need widespread surveillance testing to get a real handle on spread.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:56 am
Andersen wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:09 am old salt posted:
unreal, wow.
Just incredibly stupid.
We were told yesterday that the chief issue with young people is being asymptomatic carriers. That's why so critical to close schools as youngest kids can't be expected to really do social distancing, hygiene well enough and go back to their families with the bug.

Harvard infectious disease expert just on CNN this AM saying best estimates are that current infection in US is 30-40k, not 3k found, because testing has been so limited.

Said that what we're being told about younger people not being at risk is FALSE. That though it's true that older are MORE at risk, younger people have indeed been getting very, very sick...and dying. LESS, but definitely at risk and not just with underlying issues.

We need to see the data and we need widespread surveillance testing to get a real handle on spread.
The risk is even bigger if the hospitalization numbers get high enough to eat up the ICU bed space available. Then you basically have to triage ALL entries to that level of care - so the kid who needs to be in an ICU after a serious car accident is competing for space with the middle aged smoker who has serious lung issues from COVID-19.

And the risk of dying from this directly is higher than the flu across age groups...
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Drop the damn tariffs and cut a real trade deal with China, or just re-instate the prior one, both will benefit:

“Wages that aren’t earned aren’t spent,” said Graham Boyd, executive director of the North Carolina Tobacco Growers Association. “Churches feel the effect — farmers can’t tithe as much. So does the booster club at school, automobile dealerships, service people. It’s significant.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... story.html
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Imagine that— the markets want to see evidence.

“The Fed’s second emergency rate cut this month appeared to investors to be a “sign of desperation.”

“It’s basically using up all their ammunition in a three-week span.” said Terence Wong, chief executive of Azure Capital. “There’s nothing left.”

Michael Bender, wsj
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Any guess as to IMPOTUS tweets today?

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
BIGGEST STOCK MARKET RISE IN HISTORY YESTERDAY!
8:08 AM · Mar 14, 2020
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
calourie

Post by calourie »

How's that old hoaxy thing working out for you now, Mr. President. This is less a financial crisis (though the financial impact and recession will be severe) than a leadership one. Trump has managed to end up surrounding himself with so many sycophantic yes men that he has been and will likely continue to be unable to catch up from a message standpoint with what the markets need to calm things down. If I hear one more, "Mr.President, you have done an amazing job confronting this crisis" or "Handshakes don't spread the disease" from Pence I'm going to jump up out of my seat and sledgehammer my TV. At this time we need coherent national leadership to give us hope that we can slow down the spread of this disease in our country, something which Trump appears almost psychologically able to give. They have done so with draconian, communist measures in China as well as civic awareness and effective testing and isolating in democratic South Korea. Trump and his team need to acknowledge that under his watch we have fallen dangerously behind in our efforts to address and then stem the spread of this disease, but that they will now do all that they can to promote steps ( words and actions) to remedy that situation. I seriously doubt he is capable of making such an admission.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

calourie wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:26 am How's that old hoaxy thing working out for you now, Mr. President. This is less a financial crisis (though the financial impact and recession will be severe) than a leadership one. Trump has managed to end up surrounding himself with so many sycophantic yes men that he has been and will likely continue to be unable to catch up from a message standpoint with what the markets need to calm things down. If I hear one more, "Mr.President, you have done an amazing job confronting this crisis" or "Handshakes don't spread the disease" from Pence I'm going to jump up out of my seat and sledgehammer my TV. At this time we need coherent national leadership to give us hope that we can slow down the spread of this disease in our country, something which Trump appears almost psychologically able to give. They have done so with draconian, communist measures in China as well as civic awareness and effective testing and isolating in democratic South Korea. Trump and his team need to acknowledge that under his watch we have fallen dangerously behind in our efforts to address and then stem the spread of this disease, but that they will now do all that they can to promote steps ( words and actions) to remedy that situation. I seriously doubt he is capable of making such an admission.
You are 100% right.

I normally don't catch the live broadcast of White House"briefings", but over this past week I have seen a couple. Just Brutal. o d is not capable of being positive or reassuring. Any other POTUS could sit down and provide capable Leadership, he can't. The lack of trust, due to his nature to constantly LIE, now prevents citizens and businesses to believe anything he says. Those 5 minutes of him at the corona virus briefing yesterday were DEPLORABLE. I was yelling at the TV, "Just tell the truth!"

Right now it is NOT "The Economy Stupid". People want to hear the IMPOTUS tell us the TRUTH about COVID-19.

And he can't...
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

CU88 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:36 am
calourie wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:26 am How's that old hoaxy thing working out for you now, Mr. President. This is less a financial crisis (though the financial impact and recession will be severe) than a leadership one. Trump has managed to end up surrounding himself with so many sycophantic yes men that he has been and will likely continue to be unable to catch up from a message standpoint with what the markets need to calm things down. If I hear one more, "Mr.President, you have done an amazing job confronting this crisis" or "Handshakes don't spread the disease" from Pence I'm going to jump up out of my seat and sledgehammer my TV. At this time we need coherent national leadership to give us hope that we can slow down the spread of this disease in our country, something which Trump appears almost psychologically able to give. They have done so with draconian, communist measures in China as well as civic awareness and effective testing and isolating in democratic South Korea. Trump and his team need to acknowledge that under his watch we have fallen dangerously behind in our efforts to address and then stem the spread of this disease, but that they will now do all that they can to promote steps ( words and actions) to remedy that situation. I seriously doubt he is capable of making such an admission.
You are 100% right.

I normally don't catch the live broadcast of White House"briefings", but over this past week I have seen a couple. Just Brutal. o d is not capable of being positive or reassuring. Any other POTUS could sit down and provide capable Leadership, he can't. The lack of trust, due to his nature to constantly LIE, now prevents citizens and businesses to believe anything he says. Those 5 minutes of him at the corona virus briefing yesterday were DEPLORABLE. I was yelling at the TV, "Just tell the truth!"

Right now it is NOT "The Economy Stupid". People want to hear the IMPOTUS tell us the TRUTH about COVID-19.

And he can't...
Thursdays presser he introduces the CEO's of companies across multiple critical market segments who have been working with him and his administration behind the scenes for weeks. He's a dunce and a buffoon!

Next presser he Introduces the key staff rom CDC and NIH who developed, created and are bringing to the crisis in real time new testing useable across all fronts in this battle. Then knowing the contempt and ill will rampant among the press in the room takes a back seat and lets the information flow from the experts. What a maroon!

Keep in mind when Obama issued his national emergency on H1 N1 1000 Americans had already died.

Fewer then 60 when Trump took the same action.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:13 pm
You are 100% right.

And he can't...
Thursdays presser he introduces the CEO's of companies across multiple critical market segments who have been working with him and his administration behind the scenes for weeks. He's a dunce and a buffoon!

Next presser he Introduces the key staff rom CDC and NIH who developed, created and are bringing to the crisis in real time new testing useable across all fronts in this battle. Then knowing the contempt and ill will rampant among the press in the room takes a back seat and lets the information flow from the experts. What a maroon!

Keep in mind when Obama issued his national emergency on H1 N1 1000 Americans had already died.

Yep....fools

https://www.cnbc.com/quotes/?symbol=.DJI

🤡
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

And now Romney is on the list for the obvious direct cash payment to taxpayers.....

I don't think $1000 is enough. I'd double that. $300Billion per month yields $2K for every taxpayer. It would have a HUGE impact on the economy. HUGE.

Stop messing around with these stupid things like suspending student loan interest payments.....these piddly things end up costing taxpayers more, and have little to no impact. Just cut checks, FFS.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/politics ... index.html
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

China was already having some hiccups before the outbreak, but here's some foreshadowing:

Roughly 5 million people in China lost their jobs in the first 2 months of 2020
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 1:05 pm And now Romney is on the list for the obvious direct cash payment to taxpayers.....

I don't think $1000 is enough. I'd double that. $300Billion per month yields $2K for every taxpayer. It would have a HUGE impact on the economy. HUGE.

Stop messing around with these stupid things like suspending student loan interest payments.....these piddly things end up costing taxpayers more, and have little to no impact. Just cut checks, FFS.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/politics ... index.html
This would be hard to pass if Democrats completely controlled Congress. Doubt Moscow Mitch would even consider this since it would help ordinary Americans, whom he despises.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
a fan

Post by a fan »

Dems are no better than R's when it comes to bailouts. They think trickle down works.

It's stupid. Supply isn't the problem. Demand is the problem, as always. Our corporate overlords will never understand this. They're greedy, but too stupid to understand why America's economy is better than some 3rd world country. We have demand for goods and services, and the ability to pay for them. That's why.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 12:13 pm
You are 100% right.

And he can't...

LOL, you need to take a walk. He did NOTHING to calm the nation down concerning the Pandemic. NOTHING.

We must have watched different updates from the WH, or you have your head so far up o d @$$ that you don’t understand what your hero said yesterday. Here is a transcript and video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFnUJX_UB_8

Donald Trump: (00:06)
Beautiful day outside. And then I think we have some great things to talk about. I’ll start by discussing the Federal Reserve. As you know, it just happened minutes ago, but to me it makes me very happy. And I want to congratulate the Federal Reserve. For starters, they’ve lowered the fed rate from what it was, which was one to 1.25. And it’s been lowered down to zero to 0.25 or 0.25. So it’s zero to .25 that’s a big difference. It’s a quite a bit, about a point.

Donald Trump: (00:47)
And in addition, very importantly, the Federal Reserve going to be purchasing $500 billion of treasuries and $200 billion of mortgage backed securities. And that number can increase, but they’re going to start with that and that’s really good news. It’s really great for our country. It’s something that we’re very happy, I have to say this. I’m very happy and they did it in one step. They didn’t do it in four steps over a long period of time. They did it on one step.

Donald Trump: (01:18)
And I think that people in the market should be very thrilled. And that brings us, we’re the strongest country in the world by far financially and every other way. And that brings us in line with what other countries are. They actually have negative rates, but look, we got it down to potentially zero. So that’s a big step and I’m very happy they did it.

Donald Trump: (01:43)
And you will not hear anything bad about me unless it’s about a month or two from now. So I congratulate the Federal Reserve. I think it’s terrific. Just came out just as we spoke, I wasn’t going to mention Federal Reserve or anything else, but this came out as we were walking up.

Donald Trump: (01:58)
I want to thank the people at Google and Google communications because as you know, they substantiated what I said on Friday. The head of Google, who’s a great gentleman, called us and he apologized. I don’t know where the press got their fake news, but they got it someplace. But as you know, this is from Google. They put out a release and you guys can figure it out yourselves. And how that got out, and I’m sure you’ll apologize. But it would be great if we could really give the news correctly. It would be so, so wonderful.

Donald Trump: (02:32)
I just had a phone call with very impressive people, the biggest in the world, in the world of stores and groceries and all. And I’ll give you the names Dave Clark, Whole Foods. Mark Clouse, CEO of Campbell Soup Company. Brian Cornell, CEO of Target, Randy Edeker, Chairman and CEO, President of Hy-Vee, Jeff Haremning, CEO of General Mills, great company. Kevin Birkin President, CEO of Sysco. Craig Jelinek, CEO of Costco. Todd Jones, CEO of Publix Supermarkets, Donnie King Tyson Foods. David MacLennan, Chairman and CEO of Cargill. Rodney McMillan, CEO, Chairman of Kroger, big company. Doug McMillan, CEO of Walmart. He’s been fantastic. Doug was here, as you know, on Friday and he watched the market go up 2000 points on Friday. It went up 2000 almost 2000 points. Todd Vasos, CEO of Dollar General Corporation, and Vivek San Quran, President and CEO of Albertson’s.

Donald Trump: (04:03)
So these are all phenomenal companies. He’s a great companies. We had a long conversation with them and they’re going to work 24 hours around the clock, keeping their store stocked. I would like to say that people shouldn’t go out and buy. We’re going to all be great. We’re going to be so good. We’re going to do, what’s happened with the fed is phenomenal news. What’s happening with all of these incredible companies is phenomenal news. But you don’t have to buy so much. Take it easy. Just relax. People are going in and they’re buying more. I remember, I guess during the conversation, Doug of Walmart said that they buying more than they buy a Christmas. Relax, we’re doing great. It all will pass.

Donald Trump: (04:47)
The folks that we spoke to, they’ve done a fantastic job. They’re going to meet the needs of the public. They’re going round the clock if they have to and they’re committed to the communities where they’re serving and which they serve so beautifully and have for a long time. And they’re buying a lot of additional things to sell. But again, they actually have asked me to say, “Could you buy a little bit less please?” I thought I’d never hear that from a retailer. All of them are working hand in hand with the Federal Government as well as the state and local leaders to ensure food and essentials are constantly available. And they’ll do it. There’s no shortages. We have no shortages other than people are buying anywhere from three to five times what they would normally buy.

Donald Trump: (05:31)
It’s going to be there for a long time. We’re doing numbers and there’s a pent up demand that’s incredible. When this passes, when this goes through, you’re going to see numbers. I think, I predict, I guess I’m allowed to predict just like Wall Street people are allowed to predict and they’re pretty much in agreement. You’re going to see there’s a pent up demand like a lot of people including me haven’t seen before. But this has to get through.

Donald Trump: (05:57)
They know they’re getting through the crisis and will require an all of America approach and that’s very important. They’re committed to remaining open during this crisis. Totally open. They have to stay open. Those doors have to stay open. They supply our country. Our supply chains in America, the most powerful in the world, and they’re all working very hard. They’re working around the clock and the stores are stocking up at a level that’s beyond Christmas time. And it’s great. It was very reassuring speaking to these people. They have a totally in hand.

Donald Trump: (06:28)
There’s no need for anybody in the country to hoard essential food supplies. They said to me, “Could you please tell them just go and buy. Enjoy it, have a nice dinner, relax because there’s plenty.” You don’t have to buy the quantities because it’s hard to refill the stores on a basis as rapid as they’re refilling them.

Donald Trump: (06:50)
And we are using the full power of the Federal Government to defeat the coronavirus. And we will do whatever it takes and we’re doing, I think really, really well. A lot of good things are going to happen. I want to thank all of the people standing behind me. These are phenomenal people and we have some of them right over here. But the people behind me have been working around the clock and they’re doing an incredible job.

Donald Trump: (07:18)
We see what’s happening. We see what’s going on in other countries. We’re learning from watching other countries, frankly. This is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible, but it’s something that we have a tremendous control of. I think very important the young people, people of good health and groups of people just are not strongly affected. Elderly people that are not well or not well in certain respects are a really a very dangerous group. We have to watch them, we have to protect them very much. We have to really watch over them and protect them because they are very vulnerable. And with that if it’s okay I’m just going to go and make some calls. I’m talking about Federal Reserve. I think it’s a tremendous thing that took place just now. I didn’t know I would be surprised on a Sunday. I don’t know if that’s ever happened on a Sunday before, but I would think there are a lot of people on Wall Street that are very happy. And I can tell you that I’m very happy. I didn’t expect this and I like being surprised. So our Vice President who is doing an incredible job is going to take over and I will see you probably tomorrow.

Donald Trump: (08:26)
Thank you you very much.

Did you see the body language of those around him as he talked? How awkward! And as for the presentation, they had 3 times as many people as they needed, but they wanted to put on a show for idiots. Their own advice is to stand 6 foot away from another person, they were all standing shoulder to shoulder.

DEPLORABLE, but maybe you have a secret r decoder ring that can translate the above garbully gook your hero spewed?

Return to “POLITICS”