All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:24 am And leave bigger tips.
great point....and we do.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Democrats’ Misleading Coronavirus Claims: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/democ ... us-claims/

Are the fact checkers wrong?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

A little satire to start the day. Problem solved.....just like gun free zones: 8-)

~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:35 am Democrats’ Misleading Coronavirus Claims: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/democ ... us-claims/

Look forward to your factchecking links for Trump’s speeches.
“I wish you would!”
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Bart wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:45 am Local grocery store usually open 24 hrs closed from midnight to 6 AM to stock shelves. I wake early normally so I get my Timmy Ho's and head to said store to get a few things. Line out the door. Luckily I get in and now instead of just eggs and bread I pick up some other items. It was a total mad house that by the time I left there was no paper products left as well as the other items you would expect. Poor kid at the register was 25 minutes into her day and already frazzeled. Luckily for her the store put items they had a limit on in the register so after the maximum number it would not let it scan. Made it easier for her but people were still unpleasant.

Talked to another friend who works in trucking that gets the material to said store. All hands on deck in both the cabs and warehouses where these items are stocked.

I guess this does not surprise me. It is such a mixed message out there. All the "experts" are saying don't panic.....yet have at LEAST 14 days of food on hand. People appear to be choosing 14 weeks of food. The fear of the unknown is a powerful force.
The store management really screwed up in this predicament. Without any government intervention they should have taken quick action when people started to selfishly hoard essentials by creating limits. These now empty shelves are just going to exacerbate the hoarding and desperation. It’s only a matter of time before you see fights and shootings.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:14 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:35 am Democrats’ Misleading Coronavirus Claims: https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/democ ... us-claims/

More proof both sides are [ insert clown emoji here ]

EDIT: Emoji Added. 🤡
Last edited by youthathletics on Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Livy

Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:22 am

🤡
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Press is on the trail of which bs artist prepared the process flow chart that describes a website that does not exist, being constructed by 1700 engineers who do not exist.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

ardilla secreta wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:19 am
Bart wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:45 am Local grocery store usually open 24 hrs closed from midnight to 6 AM to stock shelves. I wake early normally so I get my Timmy Ho's and head to said store to get a few things. Line out the door. Luckily I get in and now instead of just eggs and bread I pick up some other items. It was a total mad house that by the time I left there was no paper products left as well as the other items you would expect. Poor kid at the register was 25 minutes into her day and already frazzeled. Luckily for her the store put items they had a limit on in the register so after the maximum number it would not let it scan. Made it easier for her but people were still unpleasant.

Talked to another friend who works in trucking that gets the material to said store. All hands on deck in both the cabs and warehouses where these items are stocked.

I guess this does not surprise me. It is such a mixed message out there. All the "experts" are saying don't panic.....yet have at LEAST 14 days of food on hand. People appear to be choosing 14 weeks of food. The fear of the unknown is a powerful force.
The store management really screwed up in this predicament. Without any government intervention they should have taken quick action when people started to selfishly hoard essentials by creating limits. These now empty shelves are just going to exacerbate the hoarding and desperation. It’s only a matter of time before you see fights and shootings.
Usually get my groceries delivered to my home. Typical wait from order to delivery is 3 hours.

Now? Three days.

C’mon people ... I know the incompetent moron, Donald Trump, is president, but there is no reason to panic.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:23 am

🤡
Love the self portrait TLD... ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Typical Lax Dad

cradleandshoot wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:31 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:23 am

🤡
Love the self portrait TLD... ;)
Thanks
“I wish you would!”
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

True: “The Trump budget called for slashing almost $700 million from the Center for Disease Control, and this was the budget which came out after we knew about the coronavirus threat.”

Budgets are about priorities. The administration’s fundamental priority — leaving all other matters of governance in road dust — is re-election of Duce. No need to fact check.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Anyone else notice the parallel with yesterday's flowchart and a similar demonstration from the Chernobyl miniseries?
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Trump is breaking every rule in the CDC’s 450-page playbook for health crisis
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/ ... rus-trump/
The fundamental principles behind good public health communication are almost stunningly simple: Be consistent. Be accurate. Don’t withhold vital information, the CDC manual says. And above all, don’t let anyone onto the podium without the preparation, knowledge and discipline to deliver vital health messages.

Experts say that means not having multiple messengers jockeying for attention with completely different information. It means not overly reassuring people in the face of a threat that is likely to sicken many and kill some. It also means expressing empathy while also delivering information that may be scary. Tell people what they can and should do at an individual level to help those who are at greatest risk.
Bart

Post by Bart »

IDK, the stores around here started restricting purchase of stuff days ago. Perhaps they could have been sooner but I am thinking they had the same info as everyone else? Hind sight is easy but your point is taken and perhaps they could have done something.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:47 am

IDK, the stores around here started restricting purchase of stuff days ago. Perhaps they could have been sooner but I am thinking they had the same info as everyone else? Hind sight is easy but your point is taken and perhaps they could have done something.
I think that's right; the panic button was hit by low information consumers (and procrastinators) only after Trump's debacle Wed night corresponding with the reality that was rolling through various closures, driven by the scientists' recommendations. I think the sports stuff penetrated low information consumers' consciousness...prior to that there was a lot of denial.

There had been an initial wave of stock ups about two-three weeks ago when the realization first hit amongst high information consumers. Hard for retailers to predict when the next wave would hit. There's no model for it.

They'll re-stock continuously until the hoarding begins to die down.
AOD

Post by AOD »

Speeches? How about virtually every single utterance?
Typical Lax Dad

The guy who gave “the buck stops over there” speech yesterday just gave himself a pat on the back for for goosing the stock market yesterday. Tell the people who took Kudlow’s advice and bought the dip at 27,600.

This is the first time I have watched the President live in 2 years. Dude lost some of his fastball.
“I wish you would!”
calourie

Post by calourie »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 12:25 pm The guy who gave “the buck stops over there” speech yesterday just gave himself a pat on the back for for goosing the stock market yesterday. Tell the people who took Kudlow’s advice and bought the dip at 27,600.

This is the first time I have watched the President live in 2 years. Dude lost some of his fastball.
Which of course means the Dumpster will accept the blame when the market goes back down to test new lows in the next week or two. NOT.
Just another perfect speech in the mind of our unbelievably brilliant fearless leader who so selflessly sacrifices so much for the benefit of all of us.

Return to “POLITICS”