All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

old salt

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:45 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:55 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm The thing with his presser dog and pony show is, HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE ACTIONS TWO MONTHS AGO. I don't think the national emergency declaration had to be done then, but it could have been. I am glad he now seems to be moving in the right direction, but it does not make up for ignoring the experts for months, bungling the test kit issue, and the total lack of transparency up until recently and still no where near the needed transparency.
I'd really have to have a timeline, with certainty of facts, to truly buy into your argument. In the grand scheme of things, the US is is in a great spot, and frankly, much of the US virus infiltration came from travelers. All these actions taken today, could not have taken place, because as yo noted earlier, testing required blood and (possible stool) samples, whereas now it is a drive-thru swab. You have to respect the fact that we did not get out over our skis and make matters worse with testing that could have been providing inaccurate results.
So not having kits was a good thing?
Yes, If they were only 50% accurate, like many of China's.
IF
🤡
For clowntroll's reading pleasure :
https://www.scmp.com/tech/science-resea ... d-shortage

Race to diagnose coronavirus patients constrained by shortage of reliable detection kits

Chinese authorities issued approvals within two weeks for seven kits that employ the nucleic acid method to test for the presence of the virus

...since the test involves several steps, a mistake at any one stage could affect the outcome, Li Yan, head of the diagnostic centre at the People’s Hospital of Wuhan University, said in an interview with state broadcaster CCTV on Sunday.
The accuracy rate of the test is only 30 to 50 per cent, said Wang Chen, president of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, during a CCTV interview on Wednesday.
China supplied the WHO?
🤡
Is Jack Ma the lead guitarist for the WHO ? He's the one offering the kits.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... s-12537112
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Excellent piece in NYT on why the need to act NOW is the key to dealing wit this pandemic - the graph is instructional

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/scie ... fb-nytimes

The Exponential Power of Now
The explosive spread of coronavirus can be turned to our advantage, two infectious disease experts argue: “But only if we intervene early. That means now.”
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:55 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:45 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:26 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:55 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm The thing with his presser dog and pony show is, HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE ACTIONS TWO MONTHS AGO. I don't think the national emergency declaration had to be done then, but it could have been. I am glad he now seems to be moving in the right direction, but it does not make up for ignoring the experts for months, bungling the test kit issue, and the total lack of transparency up until recently and still no where near the needed transparency.
I'd really have to have a timeline, with certainty of facts, to truly buy into your argument. In the grand scheme of things, the US is is in a great spot, and frankly, much of the US virus infiltration came from travelers. All these actions taken today, could not have taken place, because as yo noted earlier, testing required blood and (possible stool) samples, whereas now it is a drive-thru swab. You have to respect the fact that we did not get out over our skis and make matters worse with testing that could have been providing inaccurate results.
So not having kits was a good thing?
Yes, If they were only 50% accurate, like many of China's.
IF
🤡
For clowntroll's reading pleasure :
https://www.scmp.com/tech/science-resea ... d-shortage

Race to diagnose coronavirus patients constrained by shortage of reliable detection kits

Chinese authorities issued approvals within two weeks for seven kits that employ the nucleic acid method to test for the presence of the virus

...since the test involves several steps, a mistake at any one stage could affect the outcome, Li Yan, head of the diagnostic centre at the People’s Hospital of Wuhan University, said in an interview with state broadcaster CCTV on Sunday.
The accuracy rate of the test is only 30 to 50 per cent, said Wang Chen, president of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, during a CCTV interview on Wednesday.
China supplied the WHO?
🤡
Is Jack Ma the lead guitarist for the WHO ? He's the one offering the kits.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/as ... s-12537112
Stop misleading people. He probably eats penis also.
🤡
“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm
old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:08 pm Here's a good map site which updates frequently :

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1124546
Interesting how WVA has none. :lol:
You have to test, to have 1.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Over 2,100 confirmed cases according to NBC News. Hopkins dashboard has the count at 1,992. Either way, the U.S. is tracking more like Italy (bad) than Japan or Singapore (“good”). This is going to be bad.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The fact is they delayed testing Americans due to @realDonaldTrump’s instability. His emotional insanity has scared others in the Administration from acting. What happens when unknowing carriers go to visit their elderly parents.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
Typical Lax Dad

https://www.businessinsider.com/us-coro ... ine-2020-3

Good thing we are still fiddling around with tests kits. We don’t want to get out over our skis!
“I wish you would!”
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:28 pm The fact is they delayed testing Americans due to @realDonaldTrump’s instability. His emotional insanity has scared others in the Administration from acting. What happens when unknowing carriers go to visit their elderly parents.
Trump is doing a great job.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Hillary Clinton would have been infinitely better at this. She would had done her homework. Trump never does his homework. He’s too cool and Jared has The Google.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

JHU COVID-19 site now seems to be "close" to up to date. Seems behind by 150 cases or so and a handful of deaths. Still missing a couple of well documented deaths. I suspect this has occurred because of yesterdays major slow down of the site. It became essentially useless. The site was being hammered by users. They clearly spent a good part of the day in maintenance mode. Note finished yet.
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trump doesn't get facts right in today's presser. Google is not working on a coronavirus portal according to Google.

No one should be surprised, but our Trumpnista will no doubt argue it didn't happen. It sounds bigger and better when you say "Google is working with ME". :roll:
Typical Lax Dad

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 pm Trump doesn't get facts right in today's presser. Google is not working on a coronavirus portal according to Google.

No one should be surprised, but our Trumpnista will no doubt argue it didn't happen. It sounds bigger and better when you say "Google is working with ME". :roll:
"Two hours later, however, Google communications felt compelled to issue a statement saying that nearly everything about this is either not quite right or badly mistaken. The portal is being done by a different company, and isn't even ready for testing in the single location it's planned for: California's Bay Area."

Trump said you can keep your doctor and get tested.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:18 am
OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:59 am Ah ignorance raises its hand. Trump knew in January about the issue. Trump classified information action and would not let it be released rather than inform the public like every other nation. Trump turned down WHO. Trump gutted the team designed to manage this very thing. Trump took money from CDC. Trump wants to cut the CDC budget for the next fiscal year. Trump forbid the CDC from telling people over 60 not to fly. Trump is still classifying information the public should have. People are going to die because the mfer is incompetent. Nothing good to say about anyone defending him at this point either
Ya know ... I always thought “OCanada” and “Old Salt” were the same person. Am I wrong about that?!?

Agree with OCanada completely.

DocBarrister :)
:lol: Yes - you are wrong.
Ok ... when this zombie apocalypse is over, we should start a thread where folks list all their aliases.

DocBarrister (no aliases) :P
@DocBarrister
old salt

Post by old salt »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:07 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 12:24 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:18 am
OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 10:59 am Ah ignorance raises its hand. Trump knew in January about the issue. Trump classified information action and would not let it be released rather than inform the public like every other nation. Trump turned down WHO. Trump gutted the team designed to manage this very thing. Trump took money from CDC. Trump wants to cut the CDC budget for the next fiscal year. Trump forbid the CDC from telling people over 60 not to fly. Trump is still classifying information the public should have. People are going to die because the mfer is incompetent. Nothing good to say about anyone defending him at this point either
Ya know ... I always thought “OCanada” and “Old Salt” were the same person. Am I wrong about that?!?

Agree with OCanada completely.

DocBarrister :)
:lol: Yes - you are wrong.
Ok ... when this zombie apocalypse is over, we should start a thread where folks list all their aliases.

DocBarrister (no aliases) :P
OC & OS reside in the same county & share a fondness for vintage motorcycles.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:28 pm The fact is they delayed testing Americans due to @realDonaldTrump’s instability. His emotional insanity has scared others in the Administration from acting. What happens when unknowing carriers go to visit their elderly parents.
People are going to die because of Trump’s incompetence and malignant narcissism.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
njbill

Post by njbill »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:32 pm Hillary Clinton would have been infinitely better at this. She would had done her homework. Trump never does his homework. He’s too cool and Jared has The Google.
Wonder how many books Jared read about the coronavirus.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:30 pm
Trump is doing a great job.
See. Even Trinity agrees its' not Trump's fault. No one has control over their own demons.

Looks like there will end up being 600 new cases in the US today. Just wait til the testing actually starts up for real.

Return to “POLITICS”