All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

cradleandshoot

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by cradleandshoot »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:32 pm Leadership:

"No, I don't take responsibility at all because we were given a — a set of circumstances, and we were given rules, regulations and specifications from a different time."

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/81536336 ... -swine-flu

We’ll survive, but not because of anything this nincompoop did.
Close, we will survive because regardless of the dumb F***s leading the country, WE ARE ALL AMERICANS and we will get past this. That is what Americans do.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

A bit more interest in the truth (and maybe a little discipline) would help buffer the public our man is supposed to represent.

https://www.axios.com/trumps-google-mat ... e9c08.html
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
smoova

Post by smoova »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:32 pm "No, I don't take responsibility at all ... "
7 words to define this presidency.
njbill

Post by njbill »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:15 pm Just spoke with my son and daughter in law, test came back negative late this afternoon. So figure about 48 hours after the need for the test was noted and approved.
Great news!
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

get it to x wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:23 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:10 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 pm Protect yourself with (duh!) good hygene and social distancing:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-to-p ... 01500.html

Don't go to China:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/cdc-tel ... reads.html

Potential Global Impact:
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/n ... -outbreak/
Please change the name of this thread back to “All Things Coronavirus.” We shouldn’t be propagating Donald Trump’s xenophobia. This virus is everyone’s problem now. Thank you.

DocBarrister :?
1,000 people were dead and over 50,000 people had H1N1 before Obama got out of the starting blocks. Compared to Trump he got "cooked in the squat". Trump jumped the starter's gun and banned travel from China and was called a xenophobe. Doc, it's only a phobia if it's irrational. The decision looks perfectly rational to me and most of the rest of America.
Your numbers are wrong. The swine flu didn’t have a 2% mortality rate....but of course, Obamer is held to a higher standard...

“At the current rate, the United States would hit 20,000 cases in a matter of weeks, not six months. What's more, the swine flu had a mortality rate of 0.02 percent — about one-50th of the lowest rate health officials are citing for the coronavirus today (1 percent).”

That’s the lowest rate (1%).... we will give your boy the benefit of the doubt
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Here's a good map site which updates frequently :

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1124546
6ftstick

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by 6ftstick »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:59 pm
get it to x wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:23 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:10 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 pm Protect yourself with (duh!) good hygene and social distancing:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-to-p ... 01500.html

Don't go to China:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/cdc-tel ... reads.html

Potential Global Impact:
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/n ... -outbreak/
Please change the name of this thread back to “All Things Coronavirus.” We shouldn’t be propagating Donald Trump’s xenophobia. This virus is everyone’s problem now. Thank you.

DocBarrister :?
1,000 people were dead and over 50,000 people had H1N1 before Obama got out of the starting blocks. Compared to Trump he got "cooked in the squat". Trump jumped the starter's gun and banned travel from China and was called a xenophobe. Doc, it's only a phobia if it's irrational. The decision looks perfectly rational to me and most of the rest of America.
Your numbers are wrong. The swine flu didn’t have a 2% mortality rate....but of course, Obamer is held to a higher standard...

“At the current rate, the United States would hit 20,000 cases in a matter of weeks, not six months. What's more, the swine flu had a mortality rate of 0.02 percent — about one-50th of the lowest rate health officials are citing for the coronavirus today (1 percent).”

That’s the lowest rate (1%).... we will give your boy the benefit of the doubt
Can't you get it through your thick skull Obama wasn't held to ANY standard—before during or after 12,000 Americans died of H1 N1.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:08 pm Here's a good map site which updates frequently :

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-n ... s-n1124546
Interesting how WVA has none. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:07 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:55 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm The thing with his presser dog and pony show is, HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE ACTIONS TWO MONTHS AGO. I don't think the national emergency declaration had to be done then, but it could have been. I am glad he now seems to be moving in the right direction, but it does not make up for ignoring the experts for months, bungling the test kit issue, and the total lack of transparency up until recently and still no where near the needed transparency.
I'd really have to have a timeline, with certainty of facts, to truly buy into your argument. In the grand scheme of things, the US is is in a great spot, and frankly, much of the US virus infiltration came from travelers. All these actions taken today, could not have taken place, because as yo noted earlier, testing required blood and (possible stool) samples, whereas now it is a drive-thru swab. You have to respect the fact that we did not get out over our skis and make matters worse with testing that could have been providing inaccurate results.
So not having kits was a good thing?
Yes, If they were only 50% accurate, like many of China's.
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:23 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm The thing with his presser dog and pony show is, HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE ACTIONS TWO MONTHS AGO. I don't think the national emergency declaration had to be done then, but it could have been. I am glad he now seems to be moving in the right direction, but it does not make up for ignoring the experts for months, bungling the test kit issue, and the total lack of transparency up until recently and still no where near the needed transparency.

So is that crow you seem to be eating.
Typical Lax Dad

I'd really have to have a timeline, with certainty of facts, to truly buy into your argument. In the grand scheme of things, the US is is in a great spot, and frankly, much of the US virus infiltration came from travelers. All these actions taken today, could not have taken place, because as yo noted earlier, testing required blood and (possible stool) samples, whereas now it is a drive-thru swab. You have to respect the fact that we did not get out over our skis and make matters worse with testing that could have been providing inaccurate results.
IF

🤡
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Nothing Trump says is true. Senator Sherrod Brown challenged his decision to disband the pandemic team almost two years ago.

“Not true, @realDonaldTrump. I wrote to you more than 600 days ago demanding answers after you fired the entire White House pandemic team.”
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Well my goodness

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/death-rate ... udy-finds/

Death rates from 2009 "swine flu" pandemic 15 times higher than earlier estimates, study finds
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Death rates in Italy are almost 7%. Iran almost 5%. That’s bigly bad.

Meanwhile, another Maralago guest tests positive.
Last edited by Trinity on Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 pm Nothing Trump says is true. Senator Sherrod Brown challenged his decision to disband the pandemic team almost two years ago.

“Not true, @realDonaldTrump. I wrote to you more than 600 days ago demanding answers after you fired the entire White House pandemic team.”
Good for him to get called out....those are learning lessons.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:32 pm
Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 pm Nothing Trump says is true. Senator Sherrod Brown challenged his decision to disband the pandemic team almost two years ago.

Good for him to get called out....those are learning lessons. I bet you never made a mistake in your line of work.
~Livy

Trinity

Post by Trinity »

It’s amazing how the media is omitting that Brazil patient zero also went to Kim Guilfoyle’s birthday party with Donzo Jr. It’s tee-ball for these idiots and they still suck at it.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:26 pm
IF
🤡
For clowntroll's reading pleasure :
https://www.scmp.com/tech/science-resea ... d-shortage

Race to diagnose coronavirus patients constrained by shortage of reliable detection kits

Chinese authorities issued approvals within two weeks for seven kits that employ the nucleic acid method to test for the presence of the virus

...since the test involves several steps, a mistake at any one stage could affect the outcome, Li Yan, head of the diagnostic centre at the People’s Hospital of Wuhan University, said in an interview with state broadcaster CCTV on Sunday.
The accuracy rate of the test is only 30 to 50 per cent, said Wang Chen, president of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, during a CCTV interview on Wednesday.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:42 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:26 pm
IF
🤡
For clowntroll's reading pleasure :
https://www.scmp.com/tech/science-resea ... d-shortage

Race to diagnose coronavirus patients constrained by shortage of reliable detection kits

Chinese authorities issued approvals within two weeks for seven kits that employ the nucleic acid method to test for the presence of the virus

...since the test involves several steps, a mistake at any one stage could affect the outcome, Li Yan, head of the diagnostic centre at the People’s Hospital of Wuhan University, said in an interview with state broadcaster CCTV on Sunday.
The accuracy rate of the test is only 30 to 50 per cent, said Wang Chen, president of the Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, during a CCTV interview on Wednesday.
China supplied the WHO?
🤡

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-51836898

These orientals can get back to eating penis.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

This means so much to Mitch he’s in Kentucky at a Boof Kavanaugh event.

Return to “POLITICS”