All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

Trinity

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by Trinity »

Another WH dumpster fire with the standard blame shifting and airing of grievances, @VP suckuppery, and no useful information. But he may have exposed everyone to #COVID19.
Trump takes no responsibility. What a surprise!
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Just spoke with my son and daughter in law, test came back negative late this afternoon. So figure about 48 hours after the need for the test was noted and approved.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:15 pm Just spoke with my son and daughter in law, test came back negative late this afternoon. So figure about 48 hours after the need for the test was noted and approved.
Great news jhu, thanks for sharing.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:15 pm Just spoke with my son and daughter in law, test came back negative late this afternoon. So figure about 48 hours after the need for the test was noted and approved.
Excellent
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Chuck Todd a few minutes ago....."Why is Washington making something that is so easy, difficult". Where is TLD's clown emoji when you need it. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:02 pm David Frum wrote in the Atlantic:
.......the president and his administration are responsible for grave, costly errors, most especially the epic manufacturing failures in diagnostic testing, the decision to test too few people, the delay in expanding testing to labs outside the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and problems in the supply chain. These mistakes have left us blind and badly behind the curve, and, for a few crucial weeks, they created a false sense of security. What we now know is that the coronavirus silently spread for several weeks, without us being aware of it and while we were doing nothing to stop it. Containment and mitigation efforts could have significantly slowed its spread at an early, critical point, but we frittered away that opportunity.

“They’ve simply lost time they can’t make up. You can’t get back six weeks of blindness,” Jeremy Konyndyk, who helped oversee the international response to Ebola during the Obama administration and is a senior policy fellow at the Center for Global Development, told The Washington Post. “To the extent that there’s someone to blame here, the blame is on poor, chaotic management from the White House and failure to acknowledge the big picture.”
As I see it, DJT didn't want a health crisis because he (or his advisers) knew that a pandemic would affect consumers which would affect revenues and workers which would affect GDP.

He thought first of the mantra that the middle, who determine elections, vote on the economy. A pandemic 10 months before an election is a **Very Bad** for an incumbent hoping to leverage an economy that has been growing for a dozen years, because the stock market will crash to Bear and the marginal wage earners will get smushed.

So he put a lid on it. He hoped it all would just go away, and didn't organize a plan B in case the worst case scenario happened.

The bad news for the White House: His suppression campaign was picked up by the right wing media and now most of the old white under-informed voters are loyally treating this pandemic as a hoax.

The good news for the White House: He managed to leverage the private sector which can and does respond quickly when their costs are covered and regulatory easing is thrown in. He may be catching up.

I just watched the 3 PM presser on Fox. Trumps looked sleepy and sounded disengaged. The message I got is that he finally submitted to the scientists and is hoping that if he contributes his clout to their solutions everything will be OK. I was impressed by his team, and happy that he'd given them carte blanche to resolve this. I still am angry that he suppressed any response domestically until the pandemic became obvious even to the press. I will call this a win for him unless someone I know is killed.
The thing with his presser dog and pony show is, HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE ACTIONS TWO MONTHS AGO. I don't think the national emergency declaration had to be done then, but it could have been. I am glad he now seems to be moving in the right direction, but it does not make up for ignoring the experts for months, bungling the test kit issue, and the total lack of transparency up until recently and still no where near the needed transparency. Hopefully he has learned something, although I am afraid I know the answer to that and how it will turn out.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Very good news.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Excellent
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm The thing with his presser dog and pony show is, HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE ACTIONS TWO MONTHS AGO. I don't think the national emergency declaration had to be done then, but it could have been. I am glad he now seems to be moving in the right direction, but it does not make up for ignoring the experts for months, bungling the test kit issue, and the total lack of transparency up until recently and still no where near the needed transparency.
I'd really have to have a timeline, with certainty of facts, to truly buy into your argument. In the grand scheme of things, the US is is in a great spot, and frankly, much of the US virus infiltration came from travelers. All these actions taken today, could not have taken place, because as yo noted earlier, testing required blood and (possible stool) samples, whereas now it is a drive-thru swab. You have to respect the fact that we did not get out over our skis and make matters worse with testing that could have been providing inaccurate results.
~Livy

Kismet

Post by Kismet »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:40 pm
Very good news.
fantastic news.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

If I was still a cop I’d lock up Pence for performing unnatural acts in public. This team is lost. Mismanagement like even Putin could not have hoped for. Trump’s bragging our numbers are low. He has no frigging idea. He’s making Bush at Katrina look like Eisenhower at D Day
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:55 pm
jhu72 wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:32 pm The thing with his presser dog and pony show is, HE COULD HAVE TAKEN ALL OF THESE ACTIONS TWO MONTHS AGO. I don't think the national emergency declaration had to be done then, but it could have been. I am glad he now seems to be moving in the right direction, but it does not make up for ignoring the experts for months, bungling the test kit issue, and the total lack of transparency up until recently and still no where near the needed transparency.
I'd really have to have a timeline, with certainty of facts, to truly buy into your argument. In the grand scheme of things, the US is is in a great spot, and frankly, much of the US virus infiltration came from travelers. All these actions taken today, could not have taken place, because as yo noted earlier, testing required blood and (possible stool) samples, whereas now it is a drive-thru swab. You have to respect the fact that we did not get out over our skis and make matters worse with testing that could have been providing inaccurate results.
So not having kits was a good thing?
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by DocBarrister »

Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:56 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:40 pm
Very good news.
fantastic news.
Terrific news!

Well, that’s one test done. Now just 199,999 to go and we’ll be all caught up to where we should have been last month.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Borat was tested today in Kazakhstan. In America, no such luck.
Typical Lax Dad

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 pm Borat was tested today in Kazakhstan. In America, no such luck.
YA said it’s a good thing we weren’t testing earlier. We would have been out over our skis like the rest of the world....South Korea is wrong about seeing the virus peak with the tests kits that the Trump administration turned away because they were no good.
“I wish you would!”
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 pm Protect yourself with (duh!) good hygene and social distancing:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-to-p ... 01500.html

Don't go to China:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/cdc-tel ... reads.html

Potential Global Impact:
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/n ... -outbreak/
Please change the name of this thread back to “All Things Coronavirus.” We shouldn’t be propagating Donald Trump’s xenophobia. This virus is everyone’s problem now. Thank you.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
get it to x

Post by get it to x »

DocBarrister wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:10 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:41 pm Protect yourself with (duh!) good hygene and social distancing:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-to-p ... 01500.html

Don't go to China:
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/28/cdc-tel ... reads.html

Potential Global Impact:
https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blogs/n ... -outbreak/
Please change the name of this thread back to “All Things Coronavirus.” We shouldn’t be propagating Donald Trump’s xenophobia. This virus is everyone’s problem now. Thank you.

DocBarrister :?
1,000 people were dead and over 50,000 people had H1N1 before Obama got out of the starting blocks. Compared to Trump he got "cooked in the squat". Trump jumped the starter's gun and banned travel from China and was called a xenophobe. Doc, it's only a phobia if it's irrational. The decision looks perfectly rational to me and most of the rest of America.
"I would never want to belong to a club that would have me as a member", Groucho Marx
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:27 pm Chuck Todd a few minutes ago....."Why is Washington making something that is so easy, difficult". Where is TLD's clown emoji when you need it. :lol:
That is his self portrait that he drew in crayons... :D
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Leadership:

"No, I don't take responsibility at all because we were given a — a set of circumstances, and we were given rules, regulations and specifications from a different time."

https://www.npr.org/2020/03/13/81536336 ... -swine-flu

We’ll survive, but not because of anything this nincompoop did.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:57 pm If I was still a cop I’d lock up Pence for performing unnatural acts in public. This team is lost. Mismanagement like even Putin could not have hoped for. Trump’s bragging our numbers are low. He has no frigging idea. He’s making Bush at Katrina look like Eisenhower at D Day
Would you also thump him with your nightstick? ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”