All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 70

OCanada

Re: All things Chinese CoronaVirus

Post by OCanada »

Chinese National is donating 500,000 testing kits and one million masks to the USA. He has accomplished more in one day....
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:58 pm Curious....anyone have he breakdown on stats of US deaths....age, etc? Seems awfully odd that Washington State has 31 of the 33 deaths in the entire US according to --> https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
I think more than one nursing home in the Seattle area has become a hot spot.
old salt

Post by old salt »

OCanada wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 pm Chinese National is donating 500,000 testing kits and one million masks to the USA. He has accomplished more in one day....
Is that before his govt stops exporting antibiotics & other pharma, as threatened ?
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 63311.html

Mayor of Miami has tested positive Coronavirus after hanging with Brazil dudes
Last edited by Trinity on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
old salt

Post by old salt »

old salt wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:59 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:58 pm Curious....anyone have he breakdown on stats of US deaths....age, etc? Seems awfully odd that Washington State has 31 of the 33 deaths in the entire US according to --> https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6
Yep
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... ing-homes/

The incident reflects the growing confusion and concern about the response of Seattle-area nursing homes to the pandemic, where the coronavirus has taken root in at least 11 such facilities, as well as the broader implications nationally. Some relatives of nursing home residents have criticized facilities for not taking preventive steps soon enough. At least 31 people have died from the virus in the state and nearly all are associated with Life Care Center nursing home here or four other long-term care facilities nearby.

As coronavirus quietly spread, a nondescript nursing home became the deadliest hot spot in the U.S.

Alarmed by the speed with which the virus is tearing through nursing homes, senior-living communities and other places that cater to the elderly, Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) issued a proclamation Tuesday, requiring long-term care facilities limit visitors and screen workers. Nursing homes nationwide, as well as the Department of Veterans Affairs, the government agency that runs 134 of them, also adopted similar rules for sites where the elderly live. In an address to the nation Wednesday night, President Trump recommended that nursing homes suspend nonessential visits.

“If you do the math, it gets very disturbing,” Inslee said Tuesday at a news conference, referring to the rapid rate at which the virus is spreading.
WA is our Italy or Wuhan.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Leading coronavirus task force expert Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted that “yes,” someone who had been exposed to the coronavirus the way Trump was at Mar-a-Lago last week should “self-isolate and find a test.”
Typical Lax Dad

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:54 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:51 pm
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:44 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:45 am
youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:24 am From a good authority,,,,

Be prepared as you can be....a decision to lock everything down, like Italy, is approaching.

Also...one man with virus gives us his feedback on symptoms: https://www.nbcnews.com/video/coronavir ... IY2wpjRj6E
Yep. I think folks here are trying to get ahead of what Italy ultimately had to do. If a general lockdown across the country for a period of time interrupts the spread all of us will be thanking the people who make or have made those decisions.

Some good news this AM
Here it comes: https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/trump ... 31686.html

Drop your coc%s and grab your socks....time to get shopping.
The border wall was a real national emergency.
Stop trolling....it is embarrassing.
This is a real emergency. That border wall wasn’t. You think the two are equivalent? Some hobo that crawled from Honduras caused an outbreak?
Last edited by Typical Lax Dad on Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Jared Kushner asked model Karlie Kloss’ dad (his brother’s father in law) for suggestions to fight coronavirus, so he turned to a Facebook group for ER doctors—telling them he had a “direct channel” to the WH.
What the heck, over
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The JHU COVID-19 site has been malfunctioning / mis-reporting since about 9 AM. They are underreporting confirmed cases by about 600 cases and deaths by 9-10. Cases that were being reported yesterday are not being reported today. At about 8 AM it was working properly and reporting numbers that were consistent with yesterday's numbers. Well documented deaths in California, Georgia, etc are now not being reported.

At this hour the actual numbers consistent with JHU's site yesterday evening are 1829 confirmed cases and 41 deaths.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The testing situation has been more f**ked up than anyone has let on based on reports coming out of the University of Florida. Larry Hogan Gov of Maryland confirmed that part of the problem has been private company (Test Lab's) ramp up (as I guessed).
Typical Lax Dad

“I wish you would!”
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:17 pm Leading coronavirus task force expert Dr. Anthony Fauci admitted that “yes,” someone who had been exposed to the coronavirus the way Trump was at Mar-a-Lago last week should “self-isolate and find a test.”
… but he (Fauci) "will leave that decision to the president's personal WH physician. They (WH) have really good people."

So basically the situation is, we have a very stable genius who will make that decision for himself. Fine by me. :lol:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

There have been at least two NH in the area that have reported cases. I think only one death from the second, to this point. Given the experience of the first, I would expect the second to become a hot spot. But who knows. Some Fauci types are really worried about this. The US is a heavy user of nursing homes. Much more so than other countries. The fear is, nursing homes could rack up huge numbers given their generally poor processes.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

NBC now reporting that US Intelligence predicted the Chinese infection and subsequent epidemic.
ChairmanOfTheBoard

Post by ChairmanOfTheBoard »

thought i saw a headline earlier today that said mexico is shutting the border to protect from the virus coming down from the US.

because i like irony.
There are 29,413,039 corporations in America; but only one Chairman of the Board.
Typical Lax Dad

Thanks for posting that.
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Interesting.....

Sitting here scrolling through FOX, MSNBC, CNN, and CNBC channels...and every single one has had a physician on their panel stating that they are NOT testing everyone that comes in with "flu" symptoms. They are first being screened, telling people to NOT rush to the ER or Dr's office if they feel bad. The physicians are the ones making the decision to test for Covid or not, its not a blanket test everyone with fever that comes thru their door.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ChairmanOfTheBoard wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:19 pm thought i saw a headline earlier today that said mexico is shutting the border to protect from the virus coming down from the US.

because i like irony.
They appear to be doing better than us, but it may be an artifact of them doing less testing than us. Still, like the irony. :lol:
Last edited by jhu72 on Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:29 pm Interesting.....

Sitting here scrolling through FOX, MSNBC, CNN, and CNBC channels...and every single one has had a physician on their panel stating that they are NOT testing everyone that comes in with "flu" symptoms. They are first being screened, telling people to NOT rush to the ER or Dr's office if they feel bad. The physicians are the ones making the decision to test for Covid or not, its not a blanket test everyone with fever that comes thru their door.
Yup, that is the procedure. The problem comes when a physician thinks the patient has COVID, symptoms not explained by flu -- and can't get permission. It is also the time it takes still. My daughter in law still has not heard. Going on 48 hrs since she was exposed to a confirmed and permission given for the test.

Return to “POLITICS”