The Nation's Financial Condition

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Trinity

Re: The Nation's Financial Condition

Post by Trinity »

Thank God the White House daily press conference was canceled by Les Incompetents.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

The lack of America's understanding of economics will never cease to amaze me.

A CHILD could see this coming.....what business can suffer a 50-75% decrease in sales, and remain open?

And yet if you listen to MSNBC, they're convinced this will last a few weeks and is really no big deal. Idiots.

The first U.S. layoffs from the coronavirus are here

Job losses have begun in ports, bakeries and travel agencies. Economists worry more layoffs are coming as businesses see plummeting sales.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... e=facebook
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:26 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:50 am
CU88 wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 6:49 am
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:32 pm
CU88 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:21 pm
6ftstick wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:39 pm 273,000 new jobs in February

ALREADY ADDED MORE JOBS in 2020 then were predicted for the year.

December and January job numbers adjusted upward 85,000 jobs.

Gotta fire this basted. Make it stop
So how many more jobs do you predict for the next three quarters?
What're you hoping for-0

Its what the American people will take into consideration—democrats want them hurt—trump wants them doing well.
Wow, so nothing of substance to offer?
Theres my answer.
After spending 8 years rooting for Obama to fail, you're "horrified" that people who don't like Trump are rooting for him to fail.

;)
The difference is the Trump economy Trump trade deals, Trump foreign policy ALL FAIL. Obama had nothing to miss.

The only way democrats win is if Americans get hurt. FACT

"Don't be an azzhole. I don't work for you." I'm Joe Biden and I approve this message
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:45 pm The only way democrats win is if Americans get hurt. FACT
You mean like when McConnell forced the sequester to keep Obama from economic wins, and our overtasked US Naval forces started running into ships, leading to dead sailors? Like that?

Or fighting Obamacare every step of the way, ensuring that premiums went up? Like that?

Obama didn't pass a single meaningful piece of legislation for 6 years because of McConnell doing everything he could to make sure Obama failed. If you think that didn't hurt Americans, I don't know what to say....
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:49 pm
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:45 pm The only way democrats win is if Americans get hurt. FACT
You mean like when McConnell forced the sequester to keep Obama from economic wins, and our overtasked US Naval forces started running into ships, leading to dead sailors? Like that?

Or fighting Obamacare every step of the way, ensuring that premiums went up? Like that?

Obama didn't pass a single meaningful piece of legislation for 6 years because of McConnell doing everything he could to make sure Obama failed. If you think that didn't hurt Americans, I don't know what to say....
He wasn't proposing any meaningful legislation is my point. You mean like Shovel ready infrastructure OOOPPS sorry there's no shovel ready projects 890 Billion gone.

Obama WRECKED the military, set the middle east on fire killed diplomats and passed the biggest dredistribution bill in Human History—Obamacare.

Obama declared production JOBS WERE NEVER COMING BACK. What does Trump thin he's got a magic wand to bring them back. WOOPS.

Obama said ISIS was the new terrorist normal. Live with it.

I'll say it again UNLESS the American people are hurt in the next 6 months—whether the economy or this overblown virus—democrats Lose
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The 11 year bull market ended today. We are officially in bear territory.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The Obama Bull was a beast. Eleven years.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:04 pm The Obama Bull was a beast. Eleven years.
Just one more of Obama's legacies that Trump destroyed,
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:57 pm He wasn't proposing any meaningful legislation is my point.
Right. He didn't want to pass a single bill for 6 years. Come on, man.
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:57 pm You mean like Shovel ready infrastructure OOOPPS sorry there's no shovel ready projects 890 Billion gone.
:lol: Dude. Trump passed four spending bills totaling $3 Trillion. $.8 Trillion of that was military.

A sawbuck says you can't tell me where the remaining $2.2 Trillion went. And you're complaining that the bailout that he and Bush engineered...a bailout that worked...... wasn't perfect.
6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:57 pm Obama WRECKED the military
Nope. McConnell refused to pass spending bills, remember? McConnell CHOSE to not fund the military, not Obama. And he did it so that guys like you would blame Obama. It worked, obviously. Nice job falling for that.

Obamacare isn't the biggest redistribution in history. That's Medicare. And the Farm Bill. Want to end them? I'm all for it. I'd love to see what the free market would charge 70 year olds per month in premiums. And I'd love to see how long flyover America would last without those handouts. Works for me.

But yep, Obamacare is on him. As was the Benghazi.

But the Middle East---in case you didn't notice---is still a trainwreck. That's on the Middle East.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well if you’re watch Jon Oliver last week there was a bit on some dumb twitter comment about bLoomberg and they ran with it w/o questioning which is a bad look
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:57 pm I'll say it again UNLESS the American people are hurt in the next 6 months—whether the economy or this overblown virus—democrats Lose
I suspect your characterization of "overblown virus" won't age well, my friend.

Good news for you is, if Biden is elected, you're very likely going to get 4 years of criticism from me! Don't like him. ;)
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Last straw for world economy is in making.

Not one national, state or local treasury of any nation-states is solvent right now.

Bombs away! :shock:
The parent, not the coach.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Geneva. Point taken. One of the points of the book was stuff happens out of the range of several deviations of the norm

Knew several people who worked fir German Banks. One of them has a Russian bank back stopping one of their credits.

I agree
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

So much historical illiteracy
a fan

Post by a fan »

Restricting all travel and cargo from Europe!!!!!!!!!!

Do you guys have ANY CLUE what this will do to US businesses?

Bailouts just multiplied. If Trump doesn't start cutting checks? 08 is going to look like a walk in the park.....

(can't believe he restricted cargo)
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Does the UK have travel restrictions with Europe? If not, what stops someone flying from Milano to London to New York?
a fan

Post by a fan »

Money. Same goes for cargo.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Tom Hanks and his wife just tested positive.

Folks. The disease is now personified for millions of Americans....making it feel real to them.
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Trump’s zombie speech will surely send the markets reeling tomorrow.

On the other side of town, Broadway is getting ready to shutdown after this weekend. My friend’s daughter works at an off-Broadway theater in Chicago. She’s been told to prepare to shutdown and of course on and on at theaters across the land.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Everyone here finally figure out how bad this is going to be economically? The economic damage that has been unloaded in the last hour----NBA cancelled entire season, Europe Cargo shut down-------is immeasurable.

Trump has to come out with massive financial relief NOW.

9/11 shut down sports for, what, a week?

08 crash----nothing shut down.

This is gut check time for America.

Return to “POLITICS”