Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
kmartin

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by kmartin »

I see that Amherst has "suspended" their spring sports due to coronavirus. My daughter at Fordham was sent home early before the two week spring break and there is talk of online education only, which Princeton has decided to do and re-assess on April 5. It will be interesting to see how the lax season is impacted by these developments.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I dont think coronavirus will affect us.
RE: schedule. It's been said ....you play the schedule you have. But it would be nice in the future to have more out of league tests before NEC play begins.
RoMo is dangerous. I see it as a toss up. If our D is on, we win. If their O is on, and dictates pace, the win.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Bryant hung in with #4 UNC losing 18-16
They were leading at halftime
NEC will be no joke
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Harvard either has or is seriously considering cancelling their season I believe. Would be stunning if Princeton has to as well.

I agree with OBM - need to go back to underdog and not think we’re so great. Definitely a team with a lot of potential but looking ahead and cocky play will kill their chances and they have the talent to turn heads this year, especially with Brundage at OC and this O.

And yeah, if Bryant can almost beat UNC, nothing is a lock for Hobart, NEC wise.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Whoa. Glad to hear it ... wish Bryant had won.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Syracuse closing residential college and going to online instruction
No update on athletics
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

The coronavirus thing is out of control. Just check out the school closings thread. Seems schools are so focused on liability that the are giving in to the hysteria. How does it make sense to close an uninfected campus and send the kids back to infected areas? Enough already. These kids are young and healthy ... the least likely to be affected. Let them play.
Glad we are not closing. Hope it stays that way. Virus be damned, I'm attending every game I can. Might as well live while you are alive.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Laxgunea wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm The coronavirus thing is out of control. Just check out the school closings thread. Seems schools are so focused on liability that the are giving in to the hysteria. How does it make sense to close an uninfected campus and send the kids back to infected areas? Enough already. These kids are young and healthy ... the least likely to be affected. Let them play.
Glad we are not closing. Hope it stays that way. Virus be damned, I'm attending every game I can. Might as well live while you are alive.
I agree that it doesn’t make sense to send the kids back to areas that are infected... I will be interested to see what the SUNY schools do since most of them are ill equipped to offer courses online.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Laxgunea wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm The coronavirus thing is out of control. Just check out the school closings thread. Seems schools are so focused on liability that the are giving in to the hysteria. How does it make sense to close an uninfected campus and send the kids back to infected areas. Glad we are not closing. Hope it stays that way.
Laxgunea- I agree with everything you said. Take a kid out of Geneva and send him back to New Rochelle makes no sense. Unfortunately HWS will have to send kids home- too much pressure and liability to keep them here.

As far as lax goes it will be hard to make the case to keep playing if other teams start to crumble to that pressure. Today all NESCAC schools cancelled their spring sports. President Jacobsen came from Wesleyan- I’m sure she took note.

The hope is that she can keep sports alive for them even if it means not having fans in the stands.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

catchnshoot wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:55 pm Syracuse closing residential college and going to online instruction
No update on athletics
There’s a joke about how things are same as ever there...
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

MSM takes JHU to OT
The times they are a changing
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Other way around. MSM gave up a 4 goals 4th period lead and lost in OT
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Bart

Post by Bart »

Ketch wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:49 pm
Laxgunea wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:42 pm The coronavirus thing is out of control. Just check out the school closings thread. Seems schools are so focused on liability that the are giving in to the hysteria. How does it make sense to close an uninfected campus and send the kids back to infected areas? Enough already. These kids are young and healthy ... the least likely to be affected. Let them play.
I agree that it doesn’t make sense to send the kids back to areas that are infected... I will be interested to see what the SUNY schools do since most of them are ill equipped to offer courses online.
Looks like your gonna find out about SUNY schools........after 3/19.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

So much for the Cornell game.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Looking at our remaining schedule, none of the schools are from areas that are infected, yet..
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

SUNY has the right response, I believe. Sporting events will continue to take place but without fans. I‘m hoping that Hobart follows suit and doesn‘t go radical like the Ivy League. I believe that the Ivy League pulled the plug entirely out too soon. SUNY is going online as of March 19. Students will remain on campus... Remember, this is a SUNY system decision, lol. This is your state at work.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

HWS students are being given the option to stay home for up to two weeks after spring break.

Given the Ivy move, I could honestly see the lax season eventually called off. Hopefully not, but at this point it’s certainly a possibility.
Bartman

Post by Bartman »

HWS has announced that students have the option to stay on campus for the Spring or finish the semester with "remote"/online subject offerings. It will be up to the professors to adjust the curriculum to accomodate the students. At least Hobart is treating their students like adults and giving them options. Athletes will be able to finish their seasons subject to opposing school participation or rescheduling where necessary . So sad for other college athletes where the colleges gave them no choice and for the Seniors where their careers are over. . Transfer to Hobart is you're upset with your administration. Good call by new president Jacobsen to listen to students and require faculty to make accomodations .
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Bartman wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:39 pm HWS has announced that students have the option to stay on campus for the Spring or finish the semester with "remote"/online subject offerings. It will be up to the professors to adjust the curriculum to accomodate the students. At least Hobart is treating their students like adults and giving them options. Athletes will be able to finish their seasons subject to opposing school participation or rescheduling where necessary . So sad for other college athletes where the colleges gave them no choice and for the Seniors where their careers are over. . Transfer to Hobart is you're upset with your administration. Good call by new president Jacobsen to listen to students and require faculty to make accomodations .
Thanks for the information. This sounds like a very reasonable solution.
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

First case just reported in Rochester. Believe just a matter of time until the season is cancelled.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”