NEC 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Brooklyn

Re: NEC 2020

Post by Brooklyn »

dunno if this has been discussed before but NEC games can be watched here - those that are not streamed live can generally be seen archived:

http://necfrontrow.com/home

not the best online coverage but better than nothing for sure ...
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

UPenn holds on for the win against a very game St. Joseph's. Looking at the stats, it seems SJU faceoff star, Zach ole, didn't play. Anyone know the reason? No quit in the Joes The will be a tough game for anyone. Penn still without their big gun Handley found offense when they really needed it.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Several players got held out, from Nova, Drexel, this tournament can be a grind, is an obligation to SE PA lacrosse, they can’t allow players to be injured going into league play.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

SJU's Cole played v Drexel and probably has a lot to do with the results. Why hold him out today. Either he's hurt or?
Last edited by oldbartman on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bkad95

Post by bkad95 »

Bryant playing NC really tough right now. These mid week games seem to jump up on these top teams. But Brant playing well.

many other NEC games today as well. Next one is LIU vs #12 Umass. LIU offense has seemed to look a little better last two games, but that was against two of the worst defenses they will see all year, so hard to tell. Defense has not looked good. Some questionable lineup decisions for LIU so far this year on both offense and defense.

St Johns vs Hofstra and MSM vs Duke

LIU and MSM playing against top teams, so will be interesting to see how they look against them. Great time to get these two teams in the middle of the week.

I can't wait for the St. Jo vs Hobart matchup I am assuming I will get to see in the conference playoffs.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

With the NEC split in two, Hobart main contenders on their side are Bryant anf SHU. St. Joe's has RoMo and MSM as their main battles. Bryant played UNC very tough today. They moved the ball as well as I've seen since Pressler took over. RoMo has started their surge early this season. Their D is getting better and they have 4 guys who can feed as well as score.
Last edited by oldbartman on Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bkad95

Post by bkad95 »

LIU defense and goalie keeping it a tie game at half vs Umass. I'm at this game. Umass offense a little off, but LIU goalie also making some very good saves.

LIU offense back to not being very good now that they are playing a decent defense.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

So when did Mount last beat Hopkins ?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Answer is never.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

The Mount is ready to take down the mighty Hop and looked like the much better team in doing so. I think the NEC has a bunch of teams this year that could beat what I‘m seeing out of Hopkins.
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

Ketch wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:48 pm The Mount is ready to take down the mighty Hop and looked like the much better team in doing so. I think the NEC has a bunch of teams this year that could beat what I‘m seeing out of Hopkins.
Jinx . . .

At least JHU is still Bowl Eligible
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Seriously, I thought the Mount was the better team. They never should have taken their foot off the gas. Quint said that they would need 13 goals to win and they came up short because they didn‘t keep attacking. That and the fluky goal where the goalie lost his clearing pass and tossed it straight to the Hopkins attacker. Talk about some bad luck. The Mount is definitely in the mix for the NEC AQ along with St.Joe‘s, RoMo, Hobart, Bryant,...
Homer

Post by Homer »

Ketch wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 pm Seriously, I thought the Mount was the better team.
No argument here.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Great effort last night by the Mount. Homewood is not an easy place to play. Some emotions got to them on a few turnovers. They should contend for the c- championship!

The reality Hopkins fans have to live with that doesn’t seem to register, they will be the 4th best team in the Big10 for the next 5-7 years. Wether Petro is the coach or Shawn Nadelen, or someone else.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Already looking forward to 2021. This is going to be an exciting decade for the NEC, with, I believe, several different programs winning the conference tournament and appearing in the postseason.

Right now, the big question is if Coach Raymond goes to Hopkins. I say no-it will be Towson's Shawn Nadelen.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Ketch wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:26 pm Seriously, I thought the Mount was the better team. They never should have taken their foot off the gas. Quint said that they would need 13 goals to win and they came up short because they didn‘t keep attacking. That and the fluky goal where the goalie lost his clearing pass and tossed it straight to the Hopkins attacker. Talk about some bad luck. The Mount is definitely in the mix for the NEC AQ along with St.Joe‘s, RoMo, Hobart, Bryant,...
Ketch, you're forgetting about the late in the game clear when the Mount middie simply ran out of bounds on their offensive half...with under 2 minutes to go & Mount in the lead..

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”