All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

youthathletics

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by youthathletics »

Does partially false mean majorly true? https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-fact ... SKBN20S2X0
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
CU88

Post by CU88 »

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ce/607696/

In a true disaster, the malevolence never successfully covers up the incompetence. It can do so for a while. But the disaster is ultimately uncontainable.

This past spring, HBO aired a timely miniseries dramatizing the 1986 nuclear meltdown at Chernobyl. There is a great deal of difference, of course, between Chernobyl and an pandemic. But one early scene from the series is particularly resonant: The chief engineer of the power plant is informed that a nuclear reactor has likely exploded. Instead of listening to his worried employee, he screams that the man is mistaken and that the evidence of the explosion isn’t real. Minutes later, the chief engineer vomits and loses consciousness—poisoned by a massive dose of radiation.

Trump is making a similar error now to the one the Chinese government made a couple of months ago and to the one HBO portrays the chief engineer at Chernobyl as having made. The president can’t pretend the virus does not exist. He can’t suppress news of it, unlike the Chinese Communist Party or the Soviet government in 1986. But he can berate those who report on it honestly. He can deny its severity. He can lie about it—all until the moment at which he can’t anymore, the moment at which the malevolence no longer covers up the incompetence but amplifies it, at great human cost.

I predicting that o d will start telling everyone to stay in doors come November 2020...
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“Wow! @foxandfriends blew away the competition of Morning Joke (which did very poorly) on MSDNC (Another Comcast sleaze production), and @CNN’s New Day, in the Morning Television Ratings. A total blowout, but that’s what you get when you treat “Trump” fairly!”

#Impotus Donald J Trump, leading the fight this morning.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:42 am Oh boy ... 752 confirmed cases, with 26 dead. We will hit 1,000 cases within two days. So far, mortality rate has been close to the global rate of 3.5%

Not good. Coronavirus is not anywhere near being well-managed in the U.S.

DocBarrister :|
Where are you getting your numbers....according to the CDC tea total number is 423 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... in-us.html
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:43 am
DocBarrister wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:42 am Oh boy ... 752 confirmed cases, with 26 dead. We will hit 1,000 cases within two days. So far, mortality rate has been close to the global rate of 3.5%

Where are you getting your numbers....according to the CDC tea total number is 423 https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... in-us.html
JHU is a more comprehensive site as it includes all test results - I believe CDC is only reporting positives from CDC and state/local labs and not those by private labs
https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboar ... 7b48e9ecf6

Their count this AM is 755
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:48 am

JHU is a more comprehensive site as it includes all test results - I believe CDC is only reporting positives from CDC and state/local labs and not those by private labs

Thanks. Are you suggesting local/state labs are not required to report positives to the CDC but they do report to JHU? Seems bassakwards.
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:58 am

Thanks. Are you suggesting local/state labs are not required to report positives to the CDC but they do report to JHU? Seems bassakwards.
No, The fault does not lay with local / state governments. The fault is the CDC's.

The CDC decided to only report their own test numbers. They have changed their reporting "protocol" multiple times in the past few weeks for no good reason. They have access to the state numbers. They don't report number of tests they have done. They don't report number of tested not positive. They have all this information. GUESS WHY THEY ARE REPORTING THE SUBSET THEY ARE REPORTING. It is not an accident. You apparently fell for it.

There is another good website that reports the same numbers JHU does, frequently before JHU. https://corona.help/

This site is reporting over 1351 confirmed cases and huge jump in deaths to 48! JHU will catch up (at least they have in the past). PS: Looking at their data, they look like they may be changing reporting format and have a double count problem. DEFINITELY DOUBLE COUNTING. They had been reporting based on county location. Look like they are going to a state based report rather than county based, but currently doing both.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
CU88

Post by CU88 »

r's are trying to fool citizens with false reporting news at CDC and then attacking the Free Press.

https://www.politicususa.com/2020/03/09 ... virus.html
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:16 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:58 am

No, The fault does not lay with local / state governments. The fault is the CDC's.

The CDC decided to only report their own test numbers. They have changed their reporting "protocol" multiple times in the past few weeks for no good reason. They have access to the state numbers. They don't report number of tests they have done. They don't report number of tested not positive. They have all this information. GUESS WHY THEY ARE REPORTING THE SUBSET THEY ARE REPORTING. It is not an accident. You apparently fell for it.

There is another good website that reports the same numbers JHU does, frequently before JHU. https://corona.help/

This site is reporting over 1351 confirmed cases and huge jump in deaths to 48! JHU will catch up (at least they have in the past). PS: Looking at their data, they look like they may be changing reporting format and have a double count problem. DEFINITELY DOUBLE COUNTING. They had been reporting based on county location. Look like they are going to a state based report rather than county based, but currently doing both.
Appalled but not surprised that the Slimeball-in-chief is orchestrating all this. Disappointed to say the least that the doctors and scientists appear to be playing ball when the consequences could get pretty dire. Everything is going to come out eventually despite trying to use DOJ investigation to intimidate the press. It will never work. This is why criminals all eventually end up in the slammer,

DOPUS announced yesterday that he would have a briefing at 5PM today detailing all of the economic actions planned but he neglected to tell his staff apparently who say thiss morning that there is no way to disclose such information detail by that time.

Afraid everyone is being played by the chief dirtball.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

With all due respect, you can see how it is confusing, as I pointed out a few post back. If two media outlets use different venues for reporting data, then which one is truly accurate? Who says the stats on the JHU website are being accurately reported by local healthcare facilities? if there has been complaining and argument over the simple fact that test kits were not available.

JHU72 already has noted a possible double count error by a site. As fast as news travels, that error could lead to escalated hysteria.
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:58 am With all due respect, you can see how it is confusing, as I pointed out a few post back. If two media outlets use different venues for reporting data, then which one is truly accurate? Who says the stats on the JHU website are being accurately reported by local healthcare facilities? if there has been complaining and argument over the simple fact that test kits were not available.

JHU72 already has noted a possible double count error by a site. As fast as news travels, that error could lead to escalated hysteria.
Yup. Everyone should just take Orange Duce's word for it. Only 15 cases! :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:07 am
youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:58 am With all due respect, you can see how it is confusing, as I pointed out a few post back. If two media outlets use different venues for reporting data, then which one is truly accurate? Who says the stats on the JHU website are being accurately reported by local healthcare facilities? if there has been complaining and argument over the simple fact that test kits were not available.

That is not what I am saying, can you focus on what I actually wrote.
~Livy

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

youthathletics wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:14 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:07 am

That is not what I am saying, can you focus on what I actually wrote.
So exactly what are you saying? What is your solution?
Last edited by jhu72 on Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Reminds of the old laughable sci fi TV adage: "never fear, Smith is here"
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The users are voting with their feet. Virtually no institution is trusting the CDC. My sister is VP for finance for a major public university also a major sports power. She does not use the CDC. My daughters spouse is AD at a big nane D—lll school. She is not using the CSC. My niece’s husband work for a German company here. They do not use the CDC. The company I used to work for does not use the CDC . I could list quite a few more I know about personally. None of their cohorts are using the CDC because their reports are not reliable.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

OCanada wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:32 am The users are voting with their feet. Virtually no institution is trusting the CDC. My sister is VP for finance for a major public university also a major sports power. She does not use the CDC. My daughters spouse is AD at a big nane D—lll school. She is not using the CSC. My niece’s husband work for a German company here. They do not use the CDC. The company I used to work for does not use the CDC . I could list quite a few more I know about personally. None of their cohorts are using the CDC because their reports are not reliable.
Even Sec. Azar when he was looking for numbers last week publically requested the JHU numbers. I wonder if government workers are still allowed to access the JHU website. :lol:
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Harvard has a calmer approach to all of this: https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases ... rce-center
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

HooDat wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:51 am Harvard has a calmer approach to all of this: https://www.health.harvard.edu/diseases ... rce-center
You realize the JHU site being referred to is not the Hopkins Medical System web page, which looks much like the Harvard (and every other healthcare system) web site. The JHU site referenced is a system engineering research website. Different purposes.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

I was not referencing the JHU site at all, so I had not put that much thought into the JHU site. But thank you for the information.

When I said "calmer" - I was referring to the rumors and hype and general lack of solid information that is floating all over the media and internet.
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......

Return to “POLITICS”