NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
xxxxxxx

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by xxxxxxx »

bullfrog1 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:45 pm Confirmed that all spring sports are canceled at Amherst
Letter doesn’t mention sports where is source?
UpperCorner

Post by UpperCorner »

Honestly just an awful, premature, unguided, unfair and irrational decision - no crowds I get... not letting the kids play... ridiculous.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

It’s real. Players told tonight. Heard that Trinity made the same decision but for now there is not agreement amongst all the NESCAC presidents.
PlayerSource

Post by PlayerSource »

Current non Amherst NESCAC player—any advice on what we can do to avoid having this happen at our school?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

bullfrog1 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:45 pm Confirmed that all spring sports are canceled at Amherst
Not cancelled. Suspended. Big difference.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

I think some of the poster have jump the gun with Amherst

Created a mandatory travel registry for College-sponsored or -funded travel. This includes, but is not limited to, academic, athletic, and Office of Student Affairs-funded travel. Please note that College-sponsored travel is prohibited to regions where COVID-19 has an elevated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) travel advisory level.

The prohibited states listed on the website so far of interest are New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland and the Commonwealth of Rhode Island that might have any influence. They already played Hamilton so no need to really worry there .... I guess the question is the week with Cortland and RIT?

I have checked Cortland and RIT websites to review there college's position and there is nothing to report.

But, as I read everthing on line, the feelings are that with spring break there is no way to contain what might come back to to campus. My guess is that Amherst will play, but the team will most likly be registered and monitor closely.
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

Amherst students including players told to pack up on Thursday as if they weren’t coming back until September. That tomorrow’s game is it for the season.

I agree with the assessment that said policy could change but that is it for now.
laxrules

Post by laxrules »

Nothing But Net wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:36 pm I think some of the poster have jump the gun with Amherst

Created a mandatory travel registry for College-sponsored or -funded travel. This includes, but is not limited to, academic, athletic, and Office of Student Affairs-funded travel. Please note that College-sponsored travel is prohibited to regions where COVID-19 has an elevated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) travel advisory level.

The prohibited states listed on the website so far of interest are New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland and the Commonwealth of Rhode Island that might have any influence. They already played Hamilton so no need to really worry there .... I guess the question is the week with Cortland and RIT?

I have checked Cortland and RIT websites to review there college's position and there is nothing to report.

But, as I read everthing on line, the feelings are that with spring break there is no way to contain what might come back to to campus. My guess is that Amherst will play, but the team will most likly be registered and monitor closely.
That is why I asked if it is real. I hope to god this isn’t true. Suspend games is fine cancel season is over the top!!
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

[/quote]
That is why I asked if it is real. I hope to god this isn’t true. Suspend games is fine cancel season is over the top!!
[/quote]

Couldn't agree more.
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

Ok, I had to make several calls to a few Key Insiders.

Its my understanding that the School Presidents are meeting tomorrow and the NESCAC campaus will most likly all shut down by March 16th. All classes will move to online.

The intention is that all the Spring Sports will continue and they will be private - non spectator attended for the immediate future. I would assume that that most if not all the games will be avaliable via webcast.

I think a lot more details will be coming in the next few days.
laxpop0505

Post by laxpop0505 »

Incredibly short sighted by the schools and Nescac "leaders". Punishing student athletes in the harshest way all to prevent a cold like virus. Pathetic!!!
baltlaxdad1966

Post by baltlaxdad1966 »

Hearing from an Amherst insider that John Thomson specifically pointed to Mac Bredhal as the cause of the closing of the school after the massacre at Bello Field on Saturday.
LCB_Sharpshooter

Post by LCB_Sharpshooter »

Hey guys there’s a reason we didn’t get the dial in information to those calls. Let’s just wait until we have all the fact to make our assessments
laxpop0505

Post by laxpop0505 »

And when Tufts cancels their season you will feel alot different.
LCB_Sharpshooter

Post by LCB_Sharpshooter »

laxpop0505 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:17 am And when Tufts cancels their season you will feel alot different.
Just saying man ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jaycolb_ashton

Post by Jaycolb_ashton »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... d-19/56132

Inside lacrosse. Outside chance of athletics resuming at Amherst.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

"Suspended?"
Be real. It's cancelled for all intents and purposes.
The games missed will be missed. There's no making them up.
This is hitting in March and April.
You think the nescac just resume with a conference tourney in early May if it blows over by then?
Just start the season back up then? What does Amherst (and the others that will follow suit) do in the meantime?
Keep practicing for a conference tourney that MAY happen?
Not practice?

If I were on any of these teams suspending play, I'd be asking the NCAA AND school about my eligibility.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Per this
https://www.d3sports.com/notables/2020/ ... for-spring
Amherst campus is closed, so I would assume they won’t be practicing anytime soon.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
guslax

Post by guslax »

Middlebury college moving online starting Friday, March 13th. Spring sports suspended indefinitely.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Overreaction nonsense by these schools...feel bad for the kids, especially the seniors

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”