2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: 2020 Elections - Trump gets fired?

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:24 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:14 pm Someone needs to save Joe, from Joe. In all seriousness, this is not a healthy position for someone to be in. Where are those Dr's and media types that were calling fro Trumps mental fortitude as our POTUS....Joe is in decline.

Yet another trip up. https://twitter.com/johncardillo/status ... 90561?s=20
Who cares. So long as he is breathing, I am voting for him.
We were told in 2016 that "it's a binary choice".

Well, even on this metric of mental acuity, Biden wins by a landslide.

And this metric is the least of my concerns.
6 months before the election and all of a sudden mental fitness is a concern.....hypocrites.
The difference is that many, on both sides, are saying it, it is not just partisan pandering, like it was with Trump. We all know Trump trips on the English language....kinda like Tony Lip in Green Book, but Biden....different story, quite unsettling and worrisome. His VP pick may very well be his biggest decision. I say pick Bernie... ;)
No, Trump doesn't just "trip on the English language".
He's actually an idiot. Always was.

But as to senility, it's very clear that's an issue for Trump as he definitely speaks way less fluidly than he did 30 years ago.
And it's getting worse.

Of course, this isn't what bothers me about Trump...he was a dishonest con man, a cheat, a butthole in his youth, in his middle age, and now in his mental decline...senility only allows him to be even more dangerous given that he acts from base emotion, not facts or ethics.
Okay God, thanks for checking in with us on your day off. The topic was Biden health, not Trump. ;)
Really, YOU get to decide the topic of discussion and what's relevant to that topic? :roll:
Who brought up the original post that we are discussing? If you are going to continue quoting the original point of discussion, then yes, forum etiquette says you stay on topic....otherwise it is called trolling and sub-quoting, which is frowned upon in the social media world.
There is a rule book?
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:26 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:43 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:30 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:24 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:06 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:39 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:35 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:16 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:14 pm Someone needs to save Joe, from Joe. In all seriousness, this is not a healthy position for someone to be in. Where are those Dr's and media types that were calling fro Trumps mental fortitude as our POTUS....Joe is in decline.

Who cares. So long as he is breathing, I am voting for him.
We were told in 2016 that "it's a binary choice".

Well, even on this metric of mental acuity, Biden wins by a landslide.

And this metric is the least of my concerns.
6 months before the election and all of a sudden mental fitness is a concern.....hypocrites.
The difference is that many, on both sides, are saying it, it is not just partisan pandering, like it was with Trump. We all know Trump trips on the English language....kinda like Tony Lip in Green Book, but Biden....different story, quite unsettling and worrisome. His VP pick may very well be his biggest decision. I say pick Bernie... ;)
No, Trump doesn't just "trip on the English language".
He's actually an idiot. Always was.

But as to senility, it's very clear that's an issue for Trump as he definitely speaks way less fluidly than he did 30 years ago.
And it's getting worse.

Of course, this isn't what bothers me about Trump...he was a dishonest con man, a cheat, a butthole in his youth, in his middle age, and now in his mental decline...senility only allows him to be even more dangerous given that he acts from base emotion, not facts or ethics.
Okay God, thanks for checking in with us on your day off. The topic was Biden health, not Trump. ;)
Really, YOU get to decide the topic of discussion and what's relevant to that topic? :roll:
Who brought up the original post that we are discussing? If you are going to continue quoting the original point of discussion, then yes, forum etiquette says you stay on topic....otherwise it is called trolling and sub-quoting, which is frowned upon in the social media world.
I dunno, youth, In the "2020 Elections - Trump gets fired?" thread you decided to write something disparaging about Biden's mental acuity (trolling?) being in decline and TLD responded. I then added my thoughts about a binary choice. And we've been back and forth since.

Seems to me that we all get to decide what's relevant to the discussion.

But perhaps you're objecting to some other aspect?
I could well be misunderstanding you.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:18 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:13 pm I have not heared this explained from Biden, or his people. Is he running for POTUS, or is he running for the US Senate? It may be fair to ask does Joe even know he is running for any office? Does Joe even know what state he is in on any given day? What is Joes favorite shampoo? Will his veep have to let him sniff his hair so he or she passes the clean hair test? Does Joe know he wont have to ride the train every morning to get to the White House? What a great choice for the American people. One candidate has serious mental issues and the other candidate has early stages of dementia. Only in America could this happen in a general election for POTUS. :roll:
Really?
That's all you've got?
My rule of thumb is to keep it simple. Joe Friday would always say... "just the facts" You know of course that I am picking on Uncle Joe. Who am I to talk. I can walk into the kitchen to get something and forget what I am looking for when I get there. Then again, I am not running for POTUS. I'm just pointing out what Uncle Joe keeps making obvious. He constantly keeps coming across as being confused. Maybe he suffers from that same issue many politicians struggle with? He just talks too damn much.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:51 pm I dunno, youth, In the "2020 Elections - Trump gets fired?" thread you decided to write something disparaging about Biden's mental acuity
My original post..

Disparaging? There is absolutely nothing derogatory in my post about Joe (who is running for the 2020 Election...correct thread)....actually, it was a form of empathy, which is why I said someone needs to save Joe, from Joe.

a fan replies...."Clearly, he's not all there."
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:21 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:51 pm I dunno, youth, In the "2020 Elections - Trump gets fired?" thread you decided to write something disparaging about Biden's mental acuity
My original post..

Disparaging? There is absolutely nothing derogatory in my post about Joe (who is running for the 2020 Election...correct thread)....actually, it was a form of empathy, which is why I said someone needs to save Joe, from Joe.

“ Where are those Dr's and media types that were calling fro Trumps mental fortitude as our POTUS....Joe is in decline.”

That’s a compliment.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:26 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:13 pm I have not heared this explained from Biden, or his people. Is he running for POTUS, or is he running for the US Senate? It may be fair to ask does Joe even know he is running for any office? Does Joe even know what state he is in on any given day? What is Joes favorite shampoo? Will his veep have to let him sniff his hair so he or she passes the clean hair test? Does Joe know he wont have to ride the train every morning to get to the White House? What a great choice for the American people. One candidate has serious mental issues and the other candidate has early stages of dementia. Only in America could this happen in a general election for POTUS. :roll:
Really?
That's all you've got?
My rule of thumb is to keep it simple. Joe Friday would always say... "just the facts" You know of course that I am picking on Uncle Joe. Who am I to talk. I can walk into the kitchen to get something and forget what I am looking for when I get there. Then again, I am not running for POTUS. I'm just pointing out what Uncle Joe keeps making obvious. He constantly keeps coming across as being confused. Maybe he suffers from that same issue many politicians struggle with? He just talks too damn much.
Joe has always been a verbal gaffe machine. Apparently a function of the childhood stuttering that he has largely overcome.

Could be slightly worse as he's grown much older, but there's less evidence of actual 'decline' or 'derangement' than Trump. We really do see a big difference between Donald 20 years ago and today, not so much with Joe, though I do agree that there's some.

More importantly, I don't see any signs that Biden's actual decision processes are an issue for him (and us as voters).

He wasn't my preferred choice among the Dem candidates, but if we're to look at his decision processes versus Trump's it's an easy choice for me.
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

My original post..

ok, for the moment I'll take your word for it that you weren't throwing shade at the Dem's very likely candidate the way so much of the right wing media is doing on this topic.

Just expressing empathy.

So, How exactly would someone "save Joe, from Joe"???

And exactly what do you mean by "this is not a healthy position for someone to be in"....do you mean running to replace Trump as President?

Is it the running that's "unhealthy"? If so, why is being active "not a healthy" thing to do?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:29 am
My original post..

ok, for the moment I'll take your word for it that you weren't throwing shade at the Dem's very likely candidate the way so much of the right wing media is doing on this topic.

Just expressing empathy.

And exactly what do you mean by "this is not a healthy position for someone to be in"....do you mean running to replace Trump as President?

Is it the running that's "unhealthy"? If so, why is being active "not a healthy" thing to do?
Thank you.

So, How exactly would someone "save Joe, from Joe"??? Joe is caught in a pickle. My point....who is looking out for Joe? His wife holds a doctorate, clearly highly educated and in the educational system, along with a stint in an emotional/psychiatric facility. She could very easily say, Joe....step away, let's go get you checked out.

And exactly what do you mean by "this is not a healthy position for someone to be in"....do you mean running to replace Trump as President? What I mean, is coupled with my first response and the clear struggle he has to articulate....which has progressively gotten worse. Maybe stress is amplifying it....do not know. But on the surface, it simply looks like the onset of something I am not qualified to diagnose. To me, he just does not appear healthy...mentally and his trip-ups are getting more frequent.

I'd seriously consider voting for the guy but I am suspect that something is going on on.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:15 pm
My original post..

Just expressing empathy.

Thank you.

So, How exactly would someone "save Joe, from Joe"??? Joe is caught in a pickle. My point....who is looking out for Joe? His wife holds a doctorate, clearly highly educated and in the educational system, along with a stint in an emotional/psychiatric facility. She could very easily say, Joe....step away, let's go get you checked out.

And exactly what do you mean by "this is not a healthy position for someone to be in"....do you mean running to replace Trump as President? What I mean, is coupled with my first response and the clear struggle he has to articulate....which has progressively gotten worse. Maybe stress is amplifying it....do not know. But on the surface, it simply looks like the onset of something I am not qualified to diagnose. To me, he just does not appear healthy...mentally and his trip-ups are getting more frequent.

I'd seriously consider voting for the guy but I am suspect that something is going on on.
I'm not so sure that anything has gotten worse since he began this run, indeed he appears sharper to me right now than he did 6 months ago.

Which wasn't sharp. But then, that's never been his strong suit.

I think what you're seeing is a grossly increased amount of attention to his gaffes by the right wing media as he's back to being the most likely opponent. Just as you're going to hear vastly more about Hunter than you were just two weeks ago when Bernie was the presumptive foe.

So, I think we take all that with a huge grain of salt.
Again, it's a binary choice between two older guys, both showing their age.

The question will be who we think will do the most damage due to their mental challenges, and that IMO goes to character, not mental acuity, including the ability to be humble enough to hire and empower competent people. Trump had a swing at that ball and struck out ugly.

I certainly don't think Jill is going to now suggest he "step away" to get checked out for dementia any more now than she would have a year ago. But of course she's taking care of him. If he wins Michigan big tomorrow, as many of us on here hope, it's possible that he can take the foot off the gas a notch and get more sleep.

Sleep and hydration, along with a healthy diet, are the critical elements in keeping our minds in good shape. (Not a cure for Alzheimer's but very effective for regular early dementia). The brain needs hydration as that's critical for the nightly process of 'washing' the brain during one's sleep. It's very often over looked, as we lose our sense of thirst as we age and often don't drink enough water (and electrolytes). Likewise, we need good sleep to enable that 'washing' to occur, else minerals build up interfering with pathways. Proper nutrition throughout one's life has also been shown to be really important to reducing dementia onset and risk, and never too late to start. Eliminate the added sugars NOW, they're deadly to our immune systems as well. And reduce the fast burning carbs, highly processed meats (I know, I know, that includes scrapple...I said reduce not eliminate!).

There's some good evidence as well that exercise is important, though less than the above. But being in shape generally is very important to energy levels.

Also some evidence that being actively engaged in something we find important is very helpful with brain health.
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:15 pm
My original post..

Just expressing empathy.

Thank you.

Where is your concern:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/09/politics ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Give us a break.

Even if Joe has lost a bit off his fastball, most normal people would still be way more comfortable with him being POTUS than Trump.

Trump is not in particularly good shape physically, intellectually, or emotionally. He's a terrible manager with zero government experience. He's surrounded by a lousy team. He's on his fourth chief of staff, fourth NSC advisor, third SecDef. His primary advisors are Javanka. Few people with decent skills/experience are willing to work for him.

Biden backed by a team of recycled Obama-ers would be a major competence upgrade.

Reagan was a bit iffy (especially after getting shot) and didn't work super hard. But he was a decent leader/manager and had a competent team behind him. Worked out just fine.
Boycott stupid. Country over party.
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... im-playing

Nero fiddles with his twitter account.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:01 pm Give us a break.

Even if Joe has lost a bit off his fastball, most normal people would still be way more comfortable with him being POTUS than Trump.

Trump is not in particularly good shape physically, intellectually, or emotionally. He's a terrible manager with zero government experience. He's surrounded by a lousy team. He's on his fourth chief of staff, fourth NSC advisor, third SecDef. His primary advisors are Javanka.

Biden backed by a team of recycled Obama-ers would be a major competence upgrade.

Reagan was a bit iffy (especially after getting shot) and didn't work super hard. But he was a decent leader/manager and had a competent team behind him. Worked out just fine.
Give US a break. At least Trump is a known quantity & he can't serve beyond 2024, even if he is re-elected, which looks increasingly unlikely.

Whoever Biden chooses for VP will likely finish his term or succeed him in 4 years. Not so with Pence.

It's inexcusable that the Dem party can't come up with a viable, competent candidate (like Jeh Johnson).

The choice between Biden & Sanders invalidates the arguments the Dems have been making about Trump's competence for the past 4 years.
[No worse than Trump] is hardly a confidence inspiring bumper sticker.

The Dems don't care about electing a competent leader, just so long as they hoid the levers of power.
ggait

Post by ggait »

The Dems don't care about electing a competent leader, just so long as they hoid the levers of power.
When you look up "projection" in the dictionary, you'll see this quoted in the definition. :roll:

P.S. Remember in 2016 when Hillary was dying and/or demented? While she sucked as a candidate, seems like she is still pretty healthy. But it is obviously unfair to hold any Dem up to that paragon of super-human vim and vigor (putting aside the crippling bone spurs).

P.P.S. With the benefit of hindsight, the recent candidate with the sketchiest health situation was probably McCain.
old salt

Post by old salt »

ggait wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:22 pm
When you look up "projection" in the dictionary, you'll see this quoted in the definition. :roll:

P.S. Remember in 2016 when Hillary was dying and/or demented? While she sucked as a candidate, seems like she is still pretty healthy.
Her health was not why she lost.

(...it was the Russians :lol: )
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:16 pm
It's inexcusable that the Dem party can't come up with a viable, competent candidate (like Jeh Johnson).
You keep dropping that name....maybe he doesn't want the job, i.e. Colin Powell.?
old salt

Post by old salt »

foreverlax wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:31 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:16 pm
You keep dropping that name....maybe he doesn't want the job, i.e. Colin Powell.?
Because there are Dems who (imho) would make superb CinCs.
While not an elected official, Jeh is more of a "politician" than Powell was.
I bet he'd accept, & become an excellent campaigner, if Biden chose him as the VP candidate.
I'd enthusiastically support THAT ticket, because that would put Jeh in the room for all major decisions.
ggait

Post by ggait »

Too bad for Jeh Johnson (good guy imho) that the Old Salt demo is probably not the one that any candidate is plotting to attract with the VP pick.

The tea leaves seem to be pointing strongly towards a female VP for Biden.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Kamala's having second thoughts about throwing Uncle Joe under the (school) bus.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:23 am
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:26 am
Really?
That's all you've got?
Joe has always been a verbal gaffe machine. Apparently a function of the childhood stuttering that he has largely overcome.

Could be slightly worse as he's grown much older, but there's less evidence of actual 'decline' or 'derangement' than Trump. We really do see a big difference between Donald 20 years ago and today, not so much with Joe, though I do agree that there's some.

More importantly, I don't see any signs that Biden's actual decision processes are an issue for him (and us as voters).

He wasn't my preferred choice among the Dem candidates, but if we're to look at his decision processes versus Trump's it's an easy choice for me.
It all depends on how long it takes Uncle Joe to graduate from Aricept to Haldol?
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:

Return to “POLITICS”