catchnshoot

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by catchnshoot »

You guys should tune into LSN for the PSU v Cornell stream
Cornell just scored 8 goals by 7 different players in 6 minutes
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

That’s alright. Let them bust their nut on Tambroni boys and we will catch them week kneed in a few weeks
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I don't think Yanko is injured. And I don't think Mitrow is either. I think there is another line ready to go, but not seeing much playing time. I am really surprised about Yanko, especially after the news over the summer that he was leaving.
Kyle Driscoll is getting some runs and playing well. I also thought Imburgia looked good out there on Saturday.
Looking back on it, giving up 6 in the first half isn't too good, but giving up 3 in the second half is not too bad.
RoMo is a tough team. I don't doubt our O's ability to score, but we need to get the D started with the opening FO, clamp down, and not let up. RoMo can score, they can dig out tough wins, and they can come from behind.
BTW, I hear the budget cuts are for real. Not sure how it will affect the program. Schedule may be one way. Bucknell is closer than Albany ... might make a good match up.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

I think that Mitrow is still injured. He was in sweats at the Colgate game. Two weeks later at Bing he was dressed and warmed up but I got the impression the decision was made that he wasn‘t ready to go. I was standing right behind the bench when I witnessed this. Madonna was not dressed. Didn’t notice Mott. If the Colgate game is any indication then Yanko is not injured. He appeared late in that game. There is a lot of competition for playing time at the offensive end of the field.

Watched the Penn St. Joeseph‘s game. The Hawks are excellent and almost pulled off a huge upset even without the services of their stud FOGO, who is apparently injured.
gt4623

Post by gt4623 »

Anyone know why we're only playing 13 games this year? A little late noticing this but can't fathom why we wouldn't have a full 14 game slate unless it is connected to the aforementioned budget cuts
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Budget related most likely. The school is going to take a huge loss this fiscal year. The soaring private college costs, bloated administrative salaries (seems like there’s a new VP every couple of months) and now the bills are due.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

FL-GO wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:31 am Budget related most likely. The school is going to take a huge loss this fiscal year. The soaring private college costs, bloated administrative salaries (seems like there’s a new VP every couple of months) and now the bills are due.
I don‘t care what you guy(s) know or not, but is this the image of the school and the lacrosse program that you really want to put out there? Really great. Really great.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well considering the conversation about schedule is a big one this has to be acknowledged. I donated soem money after my father died about a half dozen years ago got talked into doing a name plate for my father which was supposed to be long term (until the next year down) and within a few years it’s disappeared so I feel like the school has turned its back on me and others have similar issues and yet we still support the place.

It’s ok to criticize those that one loves.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:52 pm Well considering the conversation about schedule is a big one this has to be acknowledged. I donated soem money after my father died about a half dozen years ago got talked into doing a name plate for my father which was supposed to be long term (until the next year down) and within a few years it’s disappeared so I feel like the school has turned its back on me and others have similar issues and yet we still support the place.

It’s ok to criticize those that one loves.
It‘s ok to criticize those you love, but I‘m wondering if you should be doing it on a public forum where potential recruits (athletes and non-athletes) will be reading what you write. Maybe the answer to our woes is to reopen the DIII conversation. Would you like that? Playing Wells and Keuka would probably saves us a load of money.

There was a book published recently that lists colleges in trouble financially and at risk of closing in the near future. In the interest of full disclosure perhaps you‘d like to buy the book and share some excerpts with us as to the state of HWS. To my knowledge we are not on the endangered list. Just BTW, the article I read concerning the book shook me so much that I did a little research on HWS. Two of the articles I found praised the very creative methods the HWS admissions office has undertaken to attract potential students.

Let‘s stick to lacrosse on the lacrosse forum. We‘ve got a great team and the focus should be on them. From what I can tell, the disappearance of schools like Bucknell, Georgetown, and Penn State from our schedule has a lot more to do with pure scheduling issues and not for lack of gas in the Onondaga Coach buses we use.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well believe what you want about the schedule but be prepared to be disappointed by more years of NYS MAAC schools. I tend to believe that sunlight is the best disinfectant rather than covering up and pretending.

But this is lacrosse related when a fat budget hole exists and everyone is wondering about scheduling. They are related I am sure.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:32 pm Well believe what you want about the schedule but be prepared to be disappointed by more years of NYS MAAC schools. I tend to believe that sunlight is the best disinfectant rather than covering up and pretending.

But this is lacrosse related when a fat budget hole exists and everyone is wondering about scheduling. They are related I am sure.
I’m not pretending about anything, but I’ll let you continue being a great ambassador for the program.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why are you so angry? I give money, time and contribute plenty. In fact I’ve been a very good ambassador for the school for 20yrs. Really don’t get the pissy-ness.

Go look at what I’ve posted, it’s been 95% lacrosse specific here. But I want more from the place and the people running it. Just like I was fully out on AD Hanna by the time of his D3 move in 08. We need to do better to support the students, athletics programs, etc and demand more from the agents we’ve entrusted with this. So I guess you think I’m somehow dilutive to the school despite not actually knowing what I’ve contributed or done since graduating basically 20yrs ago. It’s still my school, one I’ve given hundred of hours of my time and well into five figures in donations, which from my cohort who graduated in the last 5-8yrs of the Dick Hersh era puts me pretty high up within that group. So I’ll continue to approach this as I see fit and you can continue to be mad at me and say I’m being a bad person towards our school and we will agree to disagree.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Hobart Lacrosse Podcast 10 contains a fairly long discussion of scheduling issues faced by the program. Suffice it to say financial issues are not discussed. Also, I believe the NCAA limits the number of competition dates that a program may schedule, including fall ball. This year Hobart played a fall scrimmage in Canada, plus two scrimmages in February. In recent years, the team has not played another team in the fall. I believe that has limited the number of games that can be played in the season.
shoothi

Post by shoothi »

Best talent Hobart has had in a while. I am excited about this team, coaches and rest of the year

Let's see how the handle the pressure situations, hopefully better than last year.

You want the guys to play hard and smart. Be mentally tough able to handle a bit of adversity when it comes their way. Frankly in my opinion they have a chance to run the table in the league...Cornell will certainly be a test for them, however once you step on the field anything can happen.

All good things to come, take practice, discipline, being a great shape and defense. With good D you are always in the game....they have the athletes to play defense...communication, anticipation and proper technique all needed for that along with knowing the scouting report.

So fellas, come to practice ready to go and learn, great things can happen if you do that.

On the college admin note, thankfully Gearan is gone!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My buddies think we are going to get down led by Cornell but I’m still having visions of us disrupting the them #1 team and giving them motivation for their game against Cuse.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

One freakin game at at time !!! Please!!. ROMO is ahead of their annual performing better as they play. Every single team on our schedule can beat us. If you think I'm crazy, look back to 2014 when we had to go to OT to beat Canisius. Cornell is the best passing team in D I. Our defense's tendency to ball watch will kill us when we play them. BUT, before that game happens we 3 teams that would love to kick our ass. One game at a time, gentleman.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Geez. Hobart thread is starting to read like the JHU thread despite different directions
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

stupefied wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:01 am Geez. Hobart thread is starting to read like the JHU thread despite different directions
Nah, we're no where near that self destructive. What scares/bother me the most is I think the team is cocky. Just look at how the Binghamton game started. The team isn't that good that they can look past an opponent. The first quarter against Bingo looked like a mid level D III team. Play like that on Saturday in Moon Township, it will be 15-6 Romo. Realize that you are only as good as you next play. Your adversaries want to kick your ass. One game at a time.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Well said Oldbartman
This team has talent but is not as good as they think at the moment. Played great against three very weak teams and everyone got excited
Good teams should crush bad teams and we did , but do not inflate ego to go with it!
Raymond has always relished the underdog role
He’s got to get these guys thinking that way again
RoMo, Joes, shu, Bryant are not impressed by us
We could easily go 1-3 or 2-2 with those teams
gt4623

Post by gt4623 »

Love that we get RoMo early this year, seems like the past few years they get better and better as the season goes on. Either way hope to get a small measure of revenge having gotten the better of us the past couple of years.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”