VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Cooter

Re: VIRGINIA LACROSSE 2020

Post by Cooter »

HowieT3 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:51 am
Yes, there is a lacrosse board on TheSabre.com. It also doesn't have the "crowd-sourced" trolling found here.
In other words, they are not very nice to fans of other teams and have chased most of the fans of other teams away. :lol:
Live Free or Die!
GSP

Post by GSP »

Tiffany decided to take his foot off the gas at 8-2 and his team paid the price for his hubris.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

GSP wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:15 pm Tiffany decided to take his foot off the gas at 8-2 and his team paid the price for his hubris.
I didn't see the game, but a loss like this one can be good for a team.

From the stat line, some very good goaltending down the stretch by both tenders.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:38 pm
GSP wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:15 pm Tiffany decided to take his foot off the gas at 8-2 and his team paid the price for his hubris.
I didn't see the game, but a loss like this one can be good for a team.

From the stat line, some very good goaltending down the stretch by both tenders.
Goss makes big saves game after game, year after year. Rode played well. UVA way too sloppy with a ball against a team that wants the game raggedy.
“I wish you would!”
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

LT started working in some other O mids in 2nd period instead of going for the throat, then Goss got very hot, & Bruno got a deflected goal and I believe a UVa own goal.
Certainly an upset, but they did go to OT last year at UVa.
GSP

Post by GSP »

bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:49 pm LT started working in some other O mids in 2nd period instead of going for the throat, then Goss got very hot, & Bruno got a deflected goal and I believe a UVa own goal.
There was DEFINITELY NO "own goal!"
Rhode clearly made the save, Lifted it up to look for open pass, and Brown attack man CLEARLY smacked Rhode's stick with enough force to knock the ball into the net. About as clear case of goalie interference as I have seen. Refs were terrible. They called it like a junior high game. Kology hit a shooter with his shoulder. Their heads were never closer than 8 or 10 inches apart and the refs called a non-releasable hit to the head. All afternoon the Brown fogo was clearly shoving with his fee hand whenever he lost the clamp. Tiffany started subbing wildly when they got up 8-2 which destroyed ALL cohesion and allowed Brown to get back in it. Hope it was a leaning experience for all.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

GSP wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:02 pm
bearlaxfan wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:49 pm LT started working in some other O mids in 2nd period instead of going for the throat, then Goss got very hot, & Bruno got a deflected goal and I believe a UVa own goal.
There was DEFINITELY NO "own goal!"
Rhode clearly made the save, Lifted it up to look for open pass, and Brown attack man CLEARLY smacked Rhode's stick with enough force to knock the ball into the net. About as clear case of goalie interference as I have seen. Refs were terrible. They called it like a junior high game. Kology hit a shooter with his shoulder. Their heads were never closer than 8 or 10 inches apart and the refs called a non-releasable hit to the head. All afternoon the Brown fogo was clearly shoving with his fee hand whenever he lost the clamp. Tiffany started subbing wildly when they got up 8-2 which destroyed ALL cohesion and allowed Brown to get back in it. Hope it was a leaning experience for all.
I thought it was strange to see the FOGO using his free hand. I thought it was just me. Stick wasn’t near the ball and he was still grinding.
“I wish you would!”
molo

Post by molo »

Choked off a another big lead, thus time against a team good enough to extract a price.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Was any Ace Adams family members in the stands ? I think makes the Princeton win smaller.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

When we left Watch Hill,heading for BRUNO,we discussed how eager we were to see if some of our "cubs" would get some minutes against the Hoos.By the time we got to HILL,the temperature dropped as did my jaw when I witnessed Browns FO guys.Shock and awe.

Kudos to Brown on their pugnacious,no quit game.When that d-guy got that unnecessary penalty,I expected a some last minute heroics.Alas,non!
molo

Post by molo »

Bill Parcels said you are what your record says you are. So far this year, the defending NC has two wins over PL teams that featured blown leads and not especially impressive margins a victory, a close win against a SoCon team that has played well against some good teams but has a case of the Cumberland blues, a decisive win over any SoCon team, and two losses to Ivy teams.
I congratulate Brown on today’s victory, and consider the Princeton game a competitive loss to a better team. With two losses so far and a trip to College Park on the horizon, this team, which has yet to hit the toughest part of the schedule—ACC games—could be looking at five losses before tournament time.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 7:40 pm Was any Ace Adams family members in the stands ? I think makes the Princeton win smaller.
Not that I know of. They were at VMI game versus Richmond.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Saturday game with Maryland will only have family in attendance
GSP

Post by GSP »

The NCAA is saying that all athletes will be given an additional year of eligibility. I wonder how that will effect Dox Aitken's situation vis a vis playing football for Villanova next year.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

GSP wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 2:14 pm The NCAA is saying that all athletes will be given an additional year of eligibility. I wonder how that will effect Dox Aitken's situation vis a vis playing football for Villanova next year.
hmmm... kraus and aitken. i'd say they'd be a good place to spend money. connors. cormier. how many might take the extra year?
what about shellenberger? does this mean he'll be double red-shirting? of course, this means he's actually back to square one, maybe, but without the option to push his relative timeline out.
this ripples for the next 4 years. and then some.
molo

Post by molo »

Someone on the UVA board implies that several fourth year players would prefer to take the extra year elsewhere. It will be interesting to see if transfers go up across the board.
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

This is far from a done deal and there is no way the NCAA is going to grant another “full” season to a kid who’s played in 6 games this year (almost half their regular season). Which is appropriate because they shouldn’t. NCAA is not known for being lenient when it comes to extending eligibility. Think everyone should wait for the details to come out before they make any decisions. My guess is that this will not be all that attractive.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

thetruth wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:56 pm This is far from a done deal and there is no way the NCAA is going to grant another “full” season to a kid who’s played in 6 games this year (almost half their regular season). Which is appropriate because they shouldn’t. NCAA is not known for being lenient when it comes to extending eligibility. Think everyone should wait for the details to come out before they make any decisions. My guess is that this will not be all that attractive.
https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/13/n ... oronavirus

huh? are you suggesting the ncaa is going to walk this back?
thetruth

Post by thetruth »

wgdsr wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:27 pm
thetruth wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:56 pm This is far from a done deal and there is no way the NCAA is going to grant another “full” season to a kid who’s played in 6 games this year (almost half their regular season). Which is appropriate because they shouldn’t. NCAA is not known for being lenient when it comes to extending eligibility. Think everyone should wait for the details to come out before they make any decisions. My guess is that this will not be all that attractive.
https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/13/n ... oronavirus

huh? are you suggesting the ncaa is going to walk this back?
Huh? No. I’m suggesting they will do exactly what they said which is on the NCAA websites. Where they say they think it’s appropriate to grant some form of “eligibility relief” with the details on such proposal to come. Not a full 5th year to everyone which is the way everyone in these forums are talking.
Kids have to make decisions about this stuff soon and all the misinformation in the social media is confusing them.
Did you read the article you posted to refute me? It basically says what I say above.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

what? it says nothing close to what you said. all athletes. eligibility relief.
you think that will be a percentage of games they didn't play?
please explain.
there's no possible way they come back with some half-baked partial season referendum, for many reasons.
i'll take over/under all athletes full season... any eventual med redshirts excluded.
issue will be whether they make concessions on roster sizes/schollys. athletic departments will already have their own challenges there.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”