NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LCB_Sharpshooter

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by LCB_Sharpshooter »

Unknown Participant wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:48 pm
baltlaxdad1966 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:03 pm W

Amherst vs Tufts (Pick 'em) -- Revenge game for Tufts expect them to pull away with this one but excited to see JTs positionless offense against the speedy Tufts O

Cheers to another week of NESCAC Lacrosse! Excited to hear everyone's thoughts! 8-)
Tufts at home, so -1.5 Tufts. Otherwise, I like it.

Also, more like Tuft's relentless on-ball defense v. jeff's position-less offense (whatever that means).

Look out for Bredahl and Adam if the nets are strung high!

The new look Tufts offense is undeniably potent and exciting plus there is something different about playing at Tufts but I just think Amherst has the guys to get it done. The key in this matchup will be the production of Solberg, the senior is a bonafide stud and has given Tufts headaches the past couple of years.

Tufts seems to rely more on 1v1 matchups this year and I think Solberg and his running mate Herrick will feast on an inexperienced group of LSMs. Either way should make for a great early season clash and an awesome opportunity to see two of the best in the country duke it out in the early going. Final Score: 18-15 Amherst
FapTitan

Post by FapTitan »

Heard the administration at Amherst is strongly considering shutting down all spring sports because of Coronavirus fears/the spread that could happen as a result of students traveling to other schools and hotels. Anybody know if other NESCAC schools are following suit?
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Interested to see how April pans out for Bredahl, he is a member of the Tufts Golf program as well and has tournaments every weekend in April including the NESCAC tournament for both sports falling on the same dates.

Maybe he will miss a few games (Conn, Wesleyan, Hamilton) and be ready for a NCAA tournament run. He didn't play in a few April weekend games last year (not sure if it was due to absence or just not getting on the field) but that could impact the whole race for the assist records...
oldlaxjunkie

Post by oldlaxjunkie »

i dont care how good Bredahl is and I hope he has a wonderful career but aren't we jumping the gun on all time assist records? To date he has 18 and hes a sophomore. He might be able to do it but lets not put that kind of pressure on the kid. Let him go out and play, the points will come.
Caclaxdad

Post by Caclaxdad »

Big slate this weekend. Anyone hear any noise out of Clinton, NY this year? Genuinely curious + Haven't heard much in this thread. Close friend told me they have a couple of bulls on the defensive end of the ball. Hope they can turn things around this season. Predictions for the upcoming slate below:

Bowdoin 12 Hamilton 9
- Hamilton hangs around but doesn't have enough to offset the more talented/experienced Polar Bears

Amherst 12 Tufts 11 (OT)
- Barnburner where Amherst quick attack prove too powerful for the Jumbos

WNE 14 Wesleyan 13
- 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 🚨 UPSET ALERT

Colby 5 Williams 16
- Not much to be said here

Conn College 5 MIDDLEBURY 4
- Conn makes just enough stops to pull one out in VT

Trinity 11 Bates 9
- Trinity makes enough plays to pull through against the injury ridden Bates squad
HelpD

Post by HelpD »

boredatwork wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:29 am Interested to see how April pans out for Bredahl, he is a member of the Tufts Golf program as well and has tournaments every weekend in April including the NESCAC tournament for both sports falling on the same dates.

Maybe he will miss a few games (Conn, Wesleyan, Hamilton) and be ready for a NCAA tournament run. He didn't play in a few April weekend games last year (not sure if it was due to absence or just not getting on the field) but that could impact the whole race for the assist records...
I spoke to a Tufts dad who said "you're out of your gourd if you think he's missing any games for golf"
ah23

Post by ah23 »

baltlaxdad1966 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:03 pm Week 2!

Cheers to another week of NESCAC Lacrosse! Excited to hear everyone's thoughts! 8-)
Some interesting lines here!

- Bowdoin (-3.5) vs Hamilton: Continentals keep it close or win outright. I...think I like Hamilton to at least make a push for a NESCAC tourney spot? Maybe?
- WNE vs Wes (-7.5): Bears were up 6-5 on Amherst at halftime, played Wes tough a year ago. Cards offense a step below Amherst/Tufts/Williams.
- Colby vs Williams (-8.5): Great teams win big in easy matchups...right? Colby doesn't have the horses (heh) on offense to stay with the Purple Cows. I don't think it matters if Hoffman plays or not (and if there's any doubt as to his health then no need to play him anyway).
- Conn College vs Midd (-3.5): Conn midfield is legit (it is ridiculous that Jack Rutter wasn't All-NESCAC last year), but that's not enough. I love what Midd brings back and I'm buying the Panthers this year. What could go wrong?
- Trinity vs Bates (-1.5) Trinity lost a ton to graduation and looks uneven. Matt Chlastawa is back. Rob Strain is playing at a high level in the cage. Cats eat Birds.
- Amherst vs Tufts (Pick 'em): D-III Game of the Week. Feels like this matchup is happening earlier in the season than usual, and maybe a bit too early to generate the amount of hype that a top ten Pachyderm Bowl deserves! I am fascinated to see a) Amherst's elite poles and d-middies against the Jumbos' diverse, explosive offense b) the All-American FOGO duel between Kyle Helfrich and Dylan Finazzo c) how the Tufts defense - dominant through two games - fares against an offense that is theoretically every bit as talented as their own.

Anyone have a Vegas connect that can get NESCAC lacrosse on the big boards? Asking for a friend.
GritCoaster

Post by GritCoaster »

HelpD wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:44 pm
boredatwork wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:29 am Interested to see how April pans out for Bredahl, he is a member of the Tufts Golf program as well and has tournaments every weekend in April including the NESCAC tournament for both sports falling on the same dates.

I spoke to a Tufts dad who said "you're out of your gourd if you think he's missing any games for golf"
Did this dad happen to be Colin Cowherd?
HelpD

Post by HelpD »

GritCoaster wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:08 pm
HelpD wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:44 pm

Did this dad happen to be Colin Cowherd?
Check Tufts roster for anyone with the last name Cowherd before coming at me with that stuff. My quotes are verbatim, and my sources are REAL.
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

ah23 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:45 pm
baltlaxdad1966 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:03 pm Week 2!

Some interesting lines here!

- Bowdoin (-3.5) vs Hamilton: Continentals keep it close or win outright. I...think I like Hamilton to at least make a push for a NESCAC tourney spot? Maybe?
- WNE vs Wes (-7.5): Bears were up 6-5 on Amherst at halftime, played Wes tough a year ago. Cards offense a step below Amherst/Tufts/Williams.
- Colby vs Williams (-8.5): Great teams win big in easy matchups...right? Colby doesn't have the horses (heh) on offense to stay with the Purple Cows. I don't think it matters if Hoffman plays or not (and if there's any doubt as to his health then no need to play him anyway).
- Conn College vs Midd (-3.5): Conn midfield is legit (it is ridiculous that Jack Rutter wasn't All-NESCAC last year), but that's not enough. I love what Midd brings back and I'm buying the Panthers this year. What could go wrong?
- Trinity vs Bates (-1.5) Trinity lost a ton to graduation and looks uneven. Matt Chlastawa is back. Rob Strain is playing at a high level in the cage. Cats eat Birds.
- Amherst vs Tufts (Pick 'em): D-III Game of the Week. Feels like this matchup is happening earlier in the season than usual, and maybe a bit too early to generate the amount of hype that a top ten Pachyderm Bowl deserves! I am fascinated to see a) Amherst's elite poles and d-middies against the Jumbos' diverse, explosive offense b) the All-American FOGO duel between Kyle Helfrich and Dylan Finazzo c) how the Tufts defense - dominant through two games - fares against an offense that is theoretically every bit as talented as their own.

Anyone have a Vegas connect that can get NESCAC lacrosse on the big boards? Asking for a friend.
You can't just call it a pick'em ....Come On Man, you got pick a winner AH23...it seems like you got Jumbos in your heart but Mamaonth in your head...Its like if your young and not a liberal you have no heart... but when your older and your not a conservative you have no brain!!!!!, we want to know who's going to win :D
ah23

Post by ah23 »

Nothing But Net wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:32 pm
You can't just call it a pick'em ....Come On Man, you got pick a winner AH23...it seems like you got Jumbos in your heart but Mamaonth in your head...
My picks are the teams that are bolded and italicized! The game lines are just quoted from the original post. I’d have put Tufts at least at -1.5! I’m in full “overreact to early season trends” mode :lol:
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

[/quote]
"a top ten Pachyderm Bowl"
[/quote]

This is awesome.
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

ah23 wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:28 pm
Nothing But Net wrote: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:32 pm
You can't just call it a pick'em ....Come On Man, you got pick a winner AH23...it seems like you got Jumbos in your heart but Mamaonth in your head...
My picks are the teams that are bolded and italicized! The game lines are just quoted from the original post. I’d have put Tufts at least at -1.5! I’m in full “overreact to early season trends” mode :lol:
Excellent, If this was NESCAC Championship Weekend i'd betthe house on Jumbo's; for the strange reason they always give these guys a fighthing chance during the season. I'm going to stick with Amherst by 3, I just think that the FOGO, Goalie and speed is rediculous..., over the year Tufts has always been that physical team that seem to be built for tournement time...either way it will be a one hell of good game.
guslax

Post by guslax »

Can’t believe it’s already week two... lots of great matchups, here are my picks:

Bowdoin 13, Hamilton 12: this will be a close one but I’ll give it to the Polar Bears

Tufts 19, Amherst 16: Jumbos offense is too potent and they’ve been benefited from good goalie play recently, the Jeff’s can’t hang down the stretch *Game of the week*

Wesleyan 13, WNE 10: WNE is better than usual but I’ll give it to the Cards this year, stingy D led by Bohan and Jacoby has been playing well lately (also a little NESCAC favoritism)

Williams 14, Colby 11: Hassan will have a big day but it won’t be enough, Ephs all the way

Middlebury 17, Conn 11: Panthers at home vs Conn? Next question...

Bates 13, Trinity 10: giving the edge to an aggrieved Bates time with a freshly returned Chlawasta

This week that could be very telling for how the rest of the season shapes up... no better way to spend a Saturday than watching NESCAC lax! I am jacked to the Ts! #rollpants
LCB_Sharpshooter

Heard JT just put in his two weeks. Yiiiiikkkkkesss
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

25-15 Tufts. Offense is absolutely humming and looking much faster than last year. It seemed every response from Amherst was met with a 2-3 goal run from the Jumbos. Defensively, Tufts did an excellent job of limiting Amherst’s scorers and they never really got into a rhythm. Helfrich also got better as the game went on, which allowed Tufts to control the tempo and clock. They’re a young team with a ton of talent and depth.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Wow! That is an eye opening score! Holy crap, look out rest of NESCAC and D3. Is that true about JT?? Someone alert the Hopkins board.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Is fanlax really auto changing cra-p to dump?
Jaycolb_ashton

Post by Jaycolb_ashton »

pcowlax wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:42 pm Wow! That is an eye opening score! Holy dump, look out rest of NESCAC and D3. Is that true about JT?? Someone alert the Hopkins board.
Think JT would be a great candidate for Hopkins but doubt he’s leaving anytime soon. Have to imagine Hopkins would prefer Daly over JT similar to a few years back when Thompson’s alma mater spurned him. Will be interested to see if JT sticks with the position-less offense that we’ve been clamoring about!
LCB_Sharpshooter

JT looked frazzled by a Tufts gameplan that clearly exploited their weaknesses. Would be surprised if Amherst gets blown out like that again. But has to make you think it limits JTs exit options.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”