NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Jaycolb_ashton

Re: NESCAC 2020

Post by Jaycolb_ashton »

Diverse array of goals from tufts tonight. Springfield was bad but beginning of the year is all about meshing. These guys look good and can’t imagine how dangerous Waldbaum will be when he gets back from what tufts game play by play guy called a practice injury.
Colby also putting down a beating tonight. Bummer that they couldn’t have maybe gotten to do a run through like that prior to playing the jumbos. Have to imagine it would’ve been a closer game- maybe in the range of 7-10 goals
Nothing But Net

Post by Nothing But Net »

Jaycolb_ashton wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:08 pm Diverse array of goals from tufts tonight. Springfield was bad but beginning of the year is all about meshing. These guys look good and can’t imagine how dangerous Waldbaum will be when he gets back from what tufts game play by play guy called a practice injury.
Colby also putting down a beating tonight. Bummer that they couldn’t have maybe gotten to do a run through like that prior to playing the jumbos. Have to imagine it would’ve been a closer game- maybe in the range of 7-10 goals
Nice bounce back and confidence builder for the Mules, let's face it the lax god's scheduler did them no favors having: Tuft, Williams and Weselyan be 3 of your first 4 games. While, I think that they will have their challeges with Williams, maybe they get a let down game after Union... circle that Weselyan Game However, I think that will be closer than many people think.
HelpD

Post by HelpD »

Jaycolb_ashton wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:08 pm Diverse array of goals from tufts tonight. Springfield was bad but beginning of the year is all about meshing. These guys look good and can’t imagine how dangerous Waldbaum will be when he gets back from what tufts game play by play guy called a practice injury.
Amherst, Williams, Wesleyan and Tufts dads are asking if there are really NESCAC programs that take pride in losing by 7-10 goals to another team in their league? 10 goals or 15 goals doesn't make much of a difference IMO. A drubbing is a drubbing.
Dave

Post by Dave »

yes - agree with that.....5 goals or less is a game...
Dave

Post by Dave »

Corcoran officially listed on Bantam's staff - not sure if there was still a question about that hiring...Nagle still listed as interim for CC - hope he stays and really rebuilds the program there - kids seem to be buying in early on...
Jaycolb_ashton

Post by Jaycolb_ashton »

HelpD wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:20 am
Amherst, Williams, Wesleyan and Tufts dads are asking if there are really NESCAC programs that take pride in losing by 7-10 goals to another team in their league? 10 goals or 15 goals doesn't make much of a difference IMO. A drubbing is a drubbing.
Matter of perspective. All I was saying is that it would have been nice for Colby to get a game under their belts before playing tufts. Don’t forget that the mules had tufts number for 3 quarters in their matchup last year. Pretty sure the fathers from those respective schools appreciate it when their kids get to play against better/more refined teams more consistently, too
Dave

Post by Dave »

Yes-agree with that...tough to open with that game.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

9-7 Williams leading Union in 3rd, fun game
ah23

Post by ah23 »

🚨Matt Chlastawa sighting in Lewiston🚨
DaveyBags

Post by DaveyBags »

Matt Chlastawa sighting? Any goals? I thought he got hurt skateboarding. Heck of a player! NESCAC's on notice!
bullfrog1

Post by bullfrog1 »

I’ve watched both Tufts games and have been incredibly impressed by #14 Mac Bredahl. The sophomore has 14 points in a little less than 6 quarters. Even though they competition hasn’t been the greatest still crazy. People forget he was once a top 50 recruit committed to Villanova and decided to come to Tufts instead.
HelpD

Post by HelpD »

bullfrog1 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:19 am I’ve watched both Tufts games and have been incredibly impressed by #14 Mac Bredahl. The sophomore has 14 points in a little less than 6 quarters. Even though they competition hasn’t been the greatest still crazy. People forget he was once a top 50 recruit committed to Villanova and decided to come to Tufts instead.
I've watched Bredahl closely and I think that he has a legitimate shot at NCAA assist records. Reminds me of Chris Paul in Lob City. When you cook your defenseman so badly he's plucking his jock out of the net you get early slides, early slides = alley-oop feeds.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the career assists record is 275 as far as I can tell.
He used up his first year getting a grand total of 8.
That leaves him with 269 over this season and the next two (about 90 assists per season).
He has an average freshman year and two games against Colby and Springfield and ...
Good luck to the guy, I'm sure he's a player, but save me the 'second coming' assessments on individuals that are all too common on the NESCAC and Centennial Conference threads.
HelpD

Post by HelpD »

ergit wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:24 pm Correct me if I'm wrong but the career assists record is 275 as far as I can tell.
He used up his first year getting a grand total of 8.
That leaves him with 269 over this season and the next two (about 90 assists per season).
He has an average freshman year and two games against Colby and Springfield and ...
Good luck to the guy, I'm sure he's a player, but save me the 'second coming' assessments on individuals that are all too common on the NESCAC and Centennial Conference threads.
My mistake I thought the career assist record was 315. He will easily crush it.
oldlaxjunkie

Post by oldlaxjunkie »

My mistake I thought the career assist record was 315. He will easily crush it.

am i missing something here??? :?:
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

ergit wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:24 pm
Assuming 20 games a year, including NESCAC and NCAA tournament games, it is in reach perhaps. In any event, citing two games against weak opponents is not a compelling argument since he only played half of each game. Against stiffer competition, he would presumably play the entire game.
JumboFan4

Post by JumboFan4 »

Bredahl is going to be a special player, no doubt. That said, through two games I think Tufts is playing faster and more aggressively than last year. What they lost in size via Connelly and Murphy they gained in speed and quickness via Bredahl, Shanks and Adam. All three guys are very creative and basically look like the same player due to their stature. Defense has also been a nice surprise given the loss of Broekmate. McTernan has slid right in and had four caused TO's v Springfield. And, by the way, Springfield may not be RIT, but last year they beat Ursinus and lost to eventual champ Cabrini in the third round of the NCAA's. Through like 2.5 quarters on Tuesday the score was 20-0. We'll see what happens come Saturday.
I drive a Dodge Stratus.
ItsAlwaysSunny

Post by ItsAlwaysSunny »

ergit wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 2:24 pm Good luck to the guy, I'm sure he's a player, but save me the 'second coming' assessments on individuals that are all too common on the NESCAC and Centennial Conference threads.
Having watched Bredahl's insane change of direction force a slide virtually every time he dodges from X, combined with his vision and feeding ability, I think the above post isn't going to age very well...…..

But time will tell
baltlaxdad1966

Post by baltlaxdad1966 »

Week 2!

Bowdoin (-3.5) vs Hamilton -- Bowdoin covers but would also be on brand for them to lay an egg

Western New England vs Wes (-7.5) -- Jacoby is confirmed not academically ineligible and I expect him and the birds to impose their will!

Colby vs Williams (-8.5) -- A lot depends on Hoffman playing but don't foresee this one being too close

Conn College vs Midd (-3.5) -- Taking Conn ML and spread here as this game spells trap for the panthers who tend to play down to teams sometimes

Trinity vs Bates (-1.5) -- Spending my evenings praying for the ankles of the poor Trin pole who draws the Chalastwa matchup

Amherst vs Tufts (Pick 'em) -- Revenge game for Tufts expect them to pull away with this one but excited to see JTs positionless offense against the speedy Tufts O

Cheers to another week of NESCAC Lacrosse! Excited to hear everyone's thoughts! 8-)
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

baltlaxdad1966 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:03 pm W

Amherst vs Tufts (Pick 'em) -- Revenge game for Tufts expect them to pull away with this one but excited to see JTs positionless offense against the speedy Tufts O

Cheers to another week of NESCAC Lacrosse! Excited to hear everyone's thoughts! 8-)
Tufts at home, so -1.5 Tufts. Otherwise, I like it.

Also, more like Tuft's relentless on-ball defense v. jeff's position-less offense (whatever that means).

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”