All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

ardilla secreta

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by ardilla secreta »

Kismet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:15 pm and then there is this seeming ass-covering by the Feds

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/0 ... ing-118815

"CDC abruptly postpones coronavirus press briefing
The postponement comes after a number of states reported new cases over the weekend

CDC spokesperson Ben Haynes told reporters on the scheduled call that it had been pushed back and did not provide an explanation as to why or when it would be rescheduled.

The CDC today also removed information on its website that detailed how many people in the country had been tested for the virus. It now only displays the number of confirmed cases. CDC has not yet responded to a request for comment."
The administration is biding their time until they can release shipments of Dr Pence’s Magic Coronavirus Elixir made by Trumpco Enterprises in Novosibirsk.
Last edited by ardilla secreta on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:00 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:56 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:32 pm Where were all you bleaters during the Obama/Biden administration

The 2009 flu pandemic in the United States was a novel strain of the Influenza A/H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as "swine flu", that began in the spring of 2009.

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died

AHHHHH but they were liberal progressives.
Gonna pretend you and the Water Cooler right didn't hammer Obama over "handling Ebola wrong"??

The Water Cooler right, as well as FoxNation were all over Obama's Ebola management......you gave a *hit then.
Theres a big FN difference between me complaining and the entire MSM complex leveling accusations hourly at the administration.

How you an't see the difference is pretty FN mystifying.
Almost as FN mystifying at how clueless you are about the current situation. I guess science was an FN elective where you went to FN school? Ditto for FN reading comprehension.
Go back to listening to Doctor FN Rush tell you how to treat a cold.
STFU already, please. :P
Last edited by Kismet on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

So..
Attachments
3FD3C414-13BF-40A0-8B4C-91EB9363DBD3.jpeg
3FD3C414-13BF-40A0-8B4C-91EB9363DBD3.jpeg (27.37 KiB) Viewed 1960 times
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
a fan

Post by a fan »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:32 pm Where were all you bleaters during the Obama/Biden administration

The 2009 flu pandemic in the United States was a novel strain of the Influenza A/H1N1 virus, commonly referred to as "swine flu", that began in the spring of 2009.

As of mid-March 2010, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimated that about 59 million Americans contracted the H1N1 virus, 265,000 were hospitalized as a result, and 12,000 died

Gonna pretend you and the Water Cooler right didn't hammer Obama over "handling Ebola wrong"??

The Water Cooler right, as well as FoxNation were all over Obama's Ebola management......you gave a *hit then.
Theres a big FN difference between me complaining and the entire MSM complex leveling accusations hourly at the administration.

That's because you don't criticize ANYTHING Trump does. You green light it all.

So it would never occur to you to look at how the Trump Administration is handling this disease, and how his actions might affect your business and family. What do you do instead? Focus your attention on how the mean ol' media is to your favored Trumpy-Trump.

Trump, as you know, can't wake up without lying. This is not a good trait if you're a regular citizen, looking to government to help keep your family safe. But instead of examining that? You'd rather throw stones at the NYTimes.

For 8 years, you were full throated as to your disdain and distrust for the Federal Government. Now that a guy with a little R gets in? Suddenly you forget all that, and trust your Federal Government to the exclusion of all else.

It's nuts. What's more, you KNOW that your behavior is completely at odds with your moral standing on Federal Governance.
Last edited by a fan on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

"After testing almost no one in the country, we can confirm that there are very few identified cases. If we continue testing so few people, we anticipate the numbers will remain low. But these hoaxers keep pushing us to test more people, as if information would be useful."

Walter Shaub, former WH Ethics Chief.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Oh, well, I may be wrong in my initial assessment of Debbie Birx. In Pence presser now underway, she spoke for 15 seconds to tell us how great a leader Orange Duce is. :lol: Conveyed no information. She is off to a start as just one more mindless toady. Pence, Birx and Azar, in that order all sucked Orange Duce off. I guess we now know the pecking order.
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:47 pm Oh, well, I my be wrong in my initial assessment of Debbie Birx. In Pence presser now underway, she spoke for 15 seconds to tell us how great a leader Orange Duce is. :lol: Conveyed no information. She is off to a start as just one more mindless toady. Pence, Birx and Azar, in that order all sucked Orange Duce off. I guess we now know the pecking order.
And Anthony Fauci couldn't be more effusive about her addition to the team.

Fauci also laid to waste the lefts claim that he's been muzzled.

CNN accused Trump of xenophobia and racism for his travel bans.

CNN just issued travel bans for its employees.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:47 pm Oh, well, I my be wrong in my initial assessment of Debbie Birx. In Pence presser now underway, she spoke for 15 seconds to tell us how great a leader Orange Duce is. :lol: Conveyed no information. She is off to a start as just one more mindless toady. Pence, Birx and Azar, in that order all sucked Orange Duce off. I guess we now know the pecking order.
And Anthony Fauci couldn't be more effusive about her addition to the team.

Fauci also laid to waste the lefts claim that he's been muzzled.

CNN accused Trump of xenophobia and racism for his travel bans.

CNN just issued travel bans for its employees.
That's different, that is CNN your talking about. The typical FLP rules do not apply to them. :lol:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:27 pm

So it would never occur to you to look at how the Trump Administration is handling this disease, and how his actions might affect your business and family. What do you do instead? Focus your attention on how the mean ol' media is to your favored Trumpy-Trump.

Trump, as you know, can't wake up without lying. This is not a good trait if you're a regular citizen, looking to government to help keep your family safe. But instead of examining that? You'd rather throw stones at the NYTimes.

For 8 years, you were full throated as to your disdain and distrust for the Federal Government. Now that a guy with a little R gets in? Suddenly you forget all that, and trust your Federal Government to the exclusion of all else.

It's nuts. What's more, you KNOW that your behavior is completely at odds with your moral standing on Federal Governance.
+ a million!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

line of the day

"If I'm buying real estate in New York, I'll listen to the president of the United States. If I'm asking about infectious diseases, I'm going to listen to Tony Fauci,” Rep. Tom Cole (R-Okla.).
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Kismet wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:15 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:27 pm

+ a million!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump, as you know, can't wake up without lying.

Hell for as long as I can remember the vast majority of all our politicians lie their arses off to us every day. Suddenly in the era of Trump the FLP folks are suddenly aghast at this reality. I guess Trump lies too much much, he should be like all the other D and R politicians and reduce his lies to a more palatable amount. ;)
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Virginia and DC now have test kits available through departments of health.

Still no point of care kits, anywhere in the US. Doctors are complaining about this.

Looks like the DC area will soon join the list of areas with confirmed cases. Heard a handful of suspicious cases presented in the DC area today, now being tested.

The mortality rates are all over the place as of this hour:

China - 6.5%
USA - 6.0%
Iran - 4.4%
Italy - 2.6%
Japan - 2.2%
Hong Kong - 2.0%
France - 1.5%
South Korea - 0.6%

USA results to date are not impressive at all probably as a result of retirement / nursing home cases making up such a large number of the cases and the US being behind the curve on detecting these cases. Iran's numbers are looking more believable than a few days ago. Other countries with lower mortality rates also have higher recover rates than the USA (only 7%). All data from the JHU database. All listed countries have reported at least 100 cases. Germany and Spain also have more than 130 cases each, both with no deaths and recovery rates greater than 0%.
Last edited by jhu72 on Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Until we get credible estimates of the number of undetected, asymptomatic carriers in the population, the %'s are irrelevant.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 pm Until we get credible estimates of the number of undetected, asymptomatic carriers in the population, the %'s are irrelevant.
You hope. Even South Korea rate is 10 to 20 times higher than influenza.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:36 pm Trump, as you know, can't wake up without lying.

Hell for as long as I can remember the vast majority of all our politicians lie their arses off to us every day. Suddenly in the era of Trump the FLP folks are suddenly aghast at this reality. I guess Trump lies too much much, he should be like all the other D and R politicians and reduce his lies to a more palatable amount. ;)
Yes, we know he can't wake up without lying. He does it multiple times per day and we have tracked most of them. It's a level of lying nowhere close to "normal politicians".

You think your comments are funny, when in reality you're giving Trump the a-ok to do it even more. Your views are terrible for America and you don't even have a clue you're hurting us.

I guess as long as you get to own those "FLP" types, you don't care.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:36 pm Trump, as you know, can't wake up without lying.

Yes, we know he can't wake up without lying. He does it multiple times per day and we have tracked most of them. It's a level of lying nowhere close to "normal politicians".

You think your comments are funny, when in reality you're giving Trump the a-ok to do it even more. Your views are terrible for America and you don't even have a clue you're hurting us.

Yep. Are you worried? Get another flu shot according to DOPUS.
Also a shame that we all have to endure Pence and any other Federal staffer sucking up to DOPUS before providing any useful information.
Beyond moronic.
Fauci must be on thin ice for correcting the DOPUS on live TV. The person with the most knowledge might be the first to go

Congress and media want to know why CDC changed its website reporting

Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI)

"This is unacceptable.

I just sent a letter to @CDCDirector demanding answers to why their website removed public data on the number of patients tested in the United States. The American people deserve answers. "

Esper also covering DOPUS with respect to military commanders -
"Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper has urged American military commanders overseas not to make any decisions related to the coronavirus that might surprise the White House or run afoul of President Trump’s messaging on the growing health challenge, American officials said."
Last edited by Kismet on Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:02 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:59 pm Until we get credible estimates of the number of undetected, asymptomatic carriers in the population, the %'s are irrelevant.
Thought flu was .1%?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Bart wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:51 am
Thought flu was .1%?
Difficult number to pin down. The numbers I have seen (and use) says average year is about .05%. I think this year is about .1% but is thought to be an extra deadly year. So yes, closer to 10 times than 20 times. South Korea mortality rate has decreased significantly over the past week, the last time I looked at the numbers.

Talked to my wife this AM, pediatrician. She says the current thinking is that kids have a bit of natural immunity to this strain because they are little germ bags. Always have colds. They are full of coronavirus all the time, just not this strain, but close enough to provide a degree of immunity. Older folks, especially the elderly work hard to stay away from people with colds and as a consequence have fewer (common cold) coronavirus antibodies. The common cold may provide a degree of protection. Seems to make sense.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Kismet wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:49 am
holmes435 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:13 pm

Yep. Are you worried? Get another flu shot according to DOPUS.
Also a shame that we all have to endure Pence and any other Federal staffer sucking up to DOPUS before providing any useful information.
Beyond moronic.
Fauci must be on thin ice for correcting the DOPUS on live TV. The person with the most knowledge might be the first to go

Congress and media want to know why CDC changed its website reporting

Rep. Mark Pocan (D-WI)

"This is unacceptable.

I just sent a letter to @CDCDirector demanding answers to why their website removed public data on the number of patients tested in the United States. The American people deserve answers. "

Esper also covering DOPUS with respect to military commanders -
"Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper has urged American military commanders overseas not to make any decisions related to the coronavirus that might surprise the White House or run afoul of President Trump’s messaging on the growing health challenge, American officials said."
Longer version of that quote (about Esper), with reference to NYT story:
WASHINGTON — Defense Secretary Mark T. Esper has urged American military commanders overseas not to make any decisions related to the coronavirus that might surprise the White House or run afoul of President Trump’s messaging on the growing health challenge, American officials said.

Mr. Esper’s directive, delivered last week during a video teleconference call with combatant commanders around the world, is the latest iteration of Mr. Trump’s efforts to manage public fears over the disease, even as it continues to spread around the world.

Mr. Trump has said Democrats and the news media are stoking fear about the disease, even calling their concerns a “hoax” during one rally last week.

The president has since tempered his words.

Mr. Esper told commanders deployed overseas that they should check in before making decisions related to protecting their troops.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/02/us/p ... virus.html
Bart

Post by Bart »

jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:43 am
Thought flu was .1%?
Difficult number to pin down. The numbers I have seen (and use) says average year is about .05%. I think this year is about .1% but is thought to be an extra deadly year. So yes, closer to 10 times than 20 times. South Korea mortality rate has decreased significantly over the past week, the last time I looked at the numbers.

Talked to my wife this AM, pediatrician. She says the current thinking is that kids have a bit of natural immunity to this strain because they are little germ bags. Always have colds. They are full of coronavirus all the time, just not this strain, but close enough to provide a degree of immunity. Older folks, especially the elderly work hard to stay away from people with colds and as a consequence have fewer (common cold) coronavirus antibodies. The common cold may provide a degree of protection. Seems to make sense.
Possibly nit picking with the .1% but in this instance I’d think numbers really matter. At a time where people are on edge best estimates matter.

Interesting observation from your wife. It would make sense if true.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:05 am
jhu72 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:43 am
Thought flu was .1%?

Possibly nit picking with the .1% but in this instance I’d think numbers really matter. At a time where people are on edge best estimates matter.

Interesting observation from your wife. It would make sense if true.
might be a factor, but more likely IMO is the hypothesis that those with compromised respiratory and cardiovascular systems are most vulnerable, not to contracting it, but to the symptoms being fatal.

Return to “POLITICS”