UNC

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Dip&Dunk

Re: UNC 2020

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Nice. 6-1. Long way to go but Heels owning all phases.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

Ok. Still a long way to go.......for Denver. 8-1 Heels.
maddog9718

Post by maddog9718 »

Refs gave the ball to Denver 3 straight times without explanation.

The penalty against Anderson was clear. But the other calls are a mystery.
walker

Post by walker »

It’s Denver...that’s how they roll...Heels have to continue to play as if it’s tied.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

The chat here is so much better than what they have on YT where it is utterly pathetic.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

UNC is taking a big lead into the 4th quarter. So far, the high elevation of the venue has not taken any toll on the Heels who remain aggressive in executing their game plan.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

summary: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=290995

Denver made a good comeback but the issue was never really in doubt. Still, a good game. Am sure both will be play off bound by the season's end.

durpadurp66

Post by durpadurp66 »

Overall a solid game. Denver locked off Gray well, and our other offensive threats really showed.

The officiating was horrifically one sided. Denver must have gotten at least 10 extra possessions out of sheer bias.
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

It certainly looked that way and was never explained any other way. Good on the road win for UNC. My vote for best offense right now. And yes there are lots of good candidates for that title.
Oak St

Post by Oak St »

Looks like the question of our SSDMs and pole have been answered by some young guns. REALLY like what I’ve seen from Breshi, Maher and Wright

Barring any major injuries, this is a Final Four Team !!

Deep offensive threats will be instrumental come May

See y’all in Philly !!

Go Heels !!
walker

Post by walker »

Just Win, Baby!
Go HEELS!
3rdPersonPlural

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

I found a full game you tube. I think

url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gProRSJC38c[/url]
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Came out f.i.r.i.n.g.....I can't say I felt the usual anxiety in those final minutes when one of my teams is playing Denver. Denver use to be able to squash a lead and steal a game in the final minute, but that doesn't appear to be an option for Tierney anymore.
maddog9718

Post by maddog9718 »

Quint not giving the Heels any respect. Not sure if you watched the Duke game, but during the broadcast, he called UNC at #4 "a joke" and ~"somewhere around 11 is more appropriate."
Oak St

Post by Oak St »

maddog9718 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:28 pm Quint not giving the Heels any respect. Not sure if you watched the Duke game, but during the broadcast, he called UNC at #4 "a joke" and ~"somewhere around 11 is more appropriate."
Love it. Bulletin board material. I think Quint was confused with his beloved Jays.

Go Heels !
walker

Post by walker »

Yeah, I heard Quint say the same thing...he's had a bias against UNC for years, but that was so over the top. He's not a professional and needs to find another line of work; unfortunately, he's probably not qualified too do much else. When a "broadcaster" loses his/her objectivity - it's time too move on.

OK, let's cut through the BS...thus far UNC is doing better than what was expected - whether they're #2-3-4-5-6-7...week to week it doesn't matter much - getting better week to week and game to game is the key. Preparing for the ACC towards the end of the season and hopefully a tournament bid.

As I recall, a few years back, a 10-6 UNC team did pretty well...being the underdog and dis-respected is good thing.

Just Win, Baby! Go HEEELS!
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

walker wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:02 am Yeah, I heard Quint say the same thing...he's had a bias against UNC for years, but that was so over the top. He's not a professional and needs to find another line of work; unfortunately, he's probably not qualified too do much else. When a "broadcaster" loses his/her objectivity - it's time too move on.

OK, let's cut through the BS...thus far UNC is doing better than what was expected - whether they're #2-3-4-5-6-7...week to week it doesn't matter much - getting better week to week and game to game is the key. Preparing for the ACC towards the end of the season and hopefully a tournament bid.

As I recall, a few years back, a 10-6 UNC team did pretty well...being the underdog and dis-respected is good thing.

Just Win, Baby! Go HEEELS!
Much better to be disrespected than overrated, in this case.
Finish Strong
getitdone

Post by getitdone »

Agreed. Q will jump on later when they continue to win. Until then who cares
10 10 2

Post by 10 10 2 »

Q and many others will not give UNC much, if any, respect literally until they win the NC on Memorial Day. Even then, there are some who consider the 2016 run to be a fluke.
nyclaxfan

Post by nyclaxfan »

Q on one of his Inside Lacrosse articles put a full paragraph after the UNC summary about how lacrosse teams need to work on skills outside of practice and refrain from going out too hard on Saturday. I thought that was coincidental placement until I read these comments.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”