Johns Hopkins 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
nrthcrosslax

Re: Johns Hopkins 2020

Post by nrthcrosslax »

Lock him in his room. That's the only lock down strategy I see working.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

10stone5 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:20 am
DALaxDad wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:31 am I don't see the lock-off working with Sowers. With Teat, it can be effective because it deprives the offensive of his real strength, which is pin-point passing to just the right man for an open shot or to maximize pressure on the defense. Sowers is quicker and faster than the lock-off guy. He will beat the lock-off in 3 seconds, and now what do you do?
Get your face off man ready.
Thanks for the laugh. So much more original than "Turn and rake."
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:24 am
10stone5 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:20 am
DALaxDad wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:31 am I don't see the lock-off working with Sowers. With Teat, it can be effective because it deprives the offensive of his real strength, which is pin-point passing to just the right man for an open shot or to maximize pressure on the defense. Sowers is quicker and faster than the lock-off guy. He will beat the lock-off in 3 seconds, and now what do you do?
Get your face off man ready.
Thanks for the laugh. So much more original than "Turn and rake."
:)
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

nrthcrosslax wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:21 am Lock him in his room. That's the only lock down strategy I see working.
True
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

serious newspaper the sun has a story on keough/williams hair situation because lacrosse.

"hopkinslaxphan-Happy Blue Jay Friday Everyone! Came up to Princeton a day early so that I could devote all day to studying for this game! If everyone gives their all for Hopkins today, VICTORY is Ours Tomorrow! Let’s get Crazy in the Garden State! #GoHop". special. You really want to look at those stats?

nadelen 0-4. not making a case for the 2nd floor sw corner office at clc.

this is a legacy game for these upperclassmen. you blow it and you're 1-3 staring at needing to win the conference to make the ncaas and then you're probably on the road. win it, and there's next week and hope. Forry was one of the earliest recruits in the country, a 2x captain, the program is 9-11 while he's been a leader and the offense has often not shown up and the list goes on.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:56 pm serious newspaper the sun has a story on keough/williams hair situation because lacrosse.

"hopkinslaxphan-Happy Blue Jay Friday Everyone! Came up to Princeton a day early so that I could devote all day to studying for this game! If everyone gives their all for Hopkins today, VICTORY is Ours Tomorrow! Let’s get Crazy in the Garden State! #GoHop". special. You really want to look at those stats?

nadelen 0-4. not making a case for the 2nd floor sw corner office at clc.

this is a legacy game for these upperclassmen. you blow it and you're 1-3 staring at needing to win the conference to make the ncaas and then you're probably on the road. win it, and there's next week and hope. Forry was one of the earliest recruits in the country, a 2x captain, the program is 9-11 while he's been a leader and the offense has often not shown up and the list goes on.
Forry is what he is. He will lead and chip in on offense but in my opinion it’s Williams that needs to find some consistency. A good place to start would be against a smaller ivy squad than what he normally will face against ACC and B1G games. The time is now.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

jhu06 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:56 pmnadelen 0-4. not making a case for the 2nd floor sw corner office at clc.
If you are going to judge a potential HC based on how his team does during the first four games of a rebuilding year at a second-tier school for attracting top players, you will end up with the coach you deserve.
AOD

Post by AOD »

notentitled wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:34 pm Think a tough issue is being 23 or 24 years old playing with 19 and 20-year olds- strange.
Ask Charlambides. He just turned 24 and he's listed as a RS Junior.

https://scarletknights.com/sports/mens- ... bides/8112

And he's been granted THREE medical redshirts.
Laxrat

Post by Laxrat »

CU77 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:00 pm
jhu06 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:56 pmnadelen 0-4. not making a case for the 2nd floor sw corner office at clc.
If you are going to judge a potential HC based on how his team does during the first four games of a rebuilding year at a second-tier school for attracting top players, you will end up with the coach you deserve.
Agreed
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

watching Cuse-Hobart and its so refreshing to see teams clear the ball. Cuse is riding in the second half, but Hobart gets it across like they aren't bothered. (Of course it helps that Hobart's keeper can pass accurately.)
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

From College Crosse on Twitter

Mark it down folks, your first mention of Greg Raymond possibly going to Hopkins on national TV came at 8:56 PM on February 28, 2020
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:10 pm From College Crosse on Twitter

Mark it down folks, your first mention of Greg Raymond possibly going to Hopkins on national TV came at 8:56 PM on February 28, 2020
I was watching, the announcer said "if the Hopkins position should ever open up" that Raymond would be someone in the running, Ric Beardsley chimed in to say he's well liked in the Hopkins alumni community and still plays on a JHU Lake Placid team (Nadelen does too).
jhu06 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:56 pm serious newspaper the sun has a story on keough/williams hair situation because lacrosse.
It may not be hard-hitting stuff but I can't tell you how many people I've talked to already this season who wanted to know what happened to Cole's hair. It was a genuine question people were wondering about—Ed Lee recognized that and reported out the answer. I thought it was a nice story. Alopecia can be really difficult for young kids.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Jay Alter going public with LP hypothesizing. Love this Hobart team though, super fun to watch, great energy, and fearless. I'll watch as many Stateman games as I can this year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Glad to take any and all on the wagon. With all due credit to Cuse, this was far from Hobart's best performance. They have a lot of offensive talent and can run a full third midfield line. Raymond has always tightened his bench in bigger games and later in season and it usually bites us in the a**, but were breaking in new FOGOs and mostly new SSDMs, having more of our upper class midfielders like Justin Scott (#19) play both ways, but the offense is there to be a top 20 team, we have a pretty experienced close D and deep group of experienced LSM and our goalie is in his 3rd yr starting (was so so, gave up a couple he shouldn't have, but a few we're because of SS D men getting beat and easy looks). Schedule is NEC, Cornell and 1-2 weaker NYS teams so just hope they pick it back up for next sat (SUNY Binghamton, so should be able to right the ship there I think).
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

All three of the IL staff, Terry Foy, Mike Gilbert and Matt Cain are picking Princeton to win today.
95% of the IL fans are picking Princeton.
It would be an epic upset if the Jays can pull this one out today.
Laxrat

Post by Laxrat »

I’m guessing 3 and 8 for sowers
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:56 am All three of the IL staff, Terry Foy, Mike Gilbert and Matt Cain are picking Princeton to win today.
95% of the IL fans are picking Princeton.
It would be an epic upset if the Jays can pull this one out today.

I'll take Hop today in the 'upset', which in hindsight won't really be an upset*

*(this somewhat depends how healthy Epstein is...if he's 100%, I'll take Hop; if he's not, this game is a tossup; watch the FOGO spot to see Hop control the ball much more than expected))
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Why not play a box & two vs Sowers. Makes no sense to chase him behind the net. Your not winning that battle. Zone the crease & two close @ GLE. All I see on highlights are close d getting torched behind.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 11:06 am Why not play a box & two vs Sowers. Makes no sense to chase him behind the net. Your not winning that battle. Zone the crease & two close @ GLE. All I see on highlights are close d getting torched behind.
Wouldn't be surprised if they try a little bit of that but you can't just let him operate without a stick in his gloves. He'll find the skip lanes and make precision passes all day if he's got his hands completely free from back there.

Many of the highlights I've seen are him decimating shorties...so objective numero uno should be to do whatever it takes to prevent them from getting Sowers those matchups.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

And the rout is on, starting with out of control head-hunting.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”