Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by Farfromgeneva »

They’ve played composed and not panicked which is a positive.

Where’s Herlihy?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

So many turnovers. For no reason. Have to make a couple of plays to get back into this. We can play so much better than this.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I don't get it. Why not use the depth? It's a 4th quarter collapse. Disappointing. We ditched what works for us. SU played well, but it should be 15 to 18.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Been a common theme for Raymond's entire time here. Always tightens up the rotation in bigger games and late season and it costs us usually.

Hobart 40 shots, 20 on goal (13 goals); Cuse 48 shots, 37 on goal....

Hobart 22 turnovers, Cuse 13... those two stats explain the final score. We did some good things but disappointing with the slow start and not playing our game by choice, Cuse D was good, but we took ourselves out of our own game from the first whistle.

Refs let them rape and pillage us like when Rome was being invaded too, but whatever, f them.
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

We did a couple of the things we needed to. Good job at the X, very few penalties. But turnovers killed us. Credit SU defense they made stick checks that resulted in turnovers. Our D and a couple of middies were stripped at crucial times. And several throw aways, Madonna dropped a clearing pass, we threw it at peoples feet at the x in the first half. At one point in first half we had four turnovers in a row but were still behind only 1. We also needed a couple of calls at crucial times (pushes) and this would have been a different game. And they gave it to SU when it went off SU guys foot, and on the shot on sideline in 4th. Terrible calls. Once they got some breathing space, SU did their front running thing and started to fill it up. Some younger guys had a rough outing. Good effort though and coaches had them prepared. Just too much from SU on this night.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Grooms was impressive in his FR big game here.
sholokov2

Post by sholokov2 »

kmartin wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:30 pm 9 cross checked Scott in the head when he scored. No call.
whining about fouls diminishes the quality of game Hobart played. Bart is getting better every year. For a while they were doormats. Not tonight.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

On this thread I think it's ok.

Do you deny there were a number of missed calls skewed one way including a couple that led to quick Syracuse goals?
6ftstick

Post by 6ftstick »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:47 pm On this thread I think it's ok.

Do you deny there were a number of missed calls skewed one way including a couple that led to quick Syracuse goals?
Looked like the refs injected themselves at 12-11

Two different head shots on the turnover and transition goal.

Another head shot right after that.

two of the penalties against Holden should have been auto clears—no face-off. They were vicious and high.

should have been like the double goals in 12 seconds.

Big momentum plays.

Officials rarely allow cuse to loose at home. And the last night of the dome——never
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:16 pm

Refs let them rape and pillage us like when Rome was being invaded too, but whatever, f them.
:lol: :lol: This is the best comment I've seen on any of these forums. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten in the car after a game and had the very same thought.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

sholokov2 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:44 pm
kmartin wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:30 pm 9 cross checked Scott in the head when he scored. No call.
whining about fouls diminishes the quality of game Hobart played. Bart is getting better every year. For a while they were doormats. Not tonight.
Are you f@cking kidding me? Head shots, no call...., Warding (5 times blatant) no call. 2 moving picks, 1 goal, no call. Yeah. But it would have been a lot closer than the ending score I would take 3 off the final if the refs had their glasses on. Or at least were looking directly at the play. Just glad Matt Palumb wasn't there............
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

Completely neutral observer here... but you guys got absolutely hosed by the refs.

Multiple clear head shots, interference, & loose ball pushes all uncalled.

It is Cuse in the dome but pretty blatant. I'd be pissed (cool auto-correct on "ticked") .
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I agree on the calls, but that's how it goes. I thought the tide turned with the SU man down goal. Also, something shifted in the 4th when we got shutdown on 3 clears, got out ground balled, and started taking shots at the goalies chest. Maybe guys were injured or maybe holding back in a non league game but didn't see Mueller, Hurlihey, Mitrow, Yanko, Meite, or others ... just to rest some legs. We also faced something important: a team that got ahead and dictated pace. Last 10 min they sat on the ball for 60 of every 80 second possession, and that seemed to screw with us.
Aside from the deer in headlights start, I thought we were tough for 3 quarters. Some excellent play. Holden really is that good. Nice feeds, good FO play, team effort.
Only one important question: can we use this to make ourselves better?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Small thing but I really like Mason Romm not backing down and mixing it with some bigger upper classmen. Glad Max talked him into his senses and out of Bucknell.

And every game Bobby Baltzer gets better. I think his ceiling is actually a bit higher (was a decent CO area AA for his offense) but already reminds me of that do everything kid MSM had until recently who could score, hustle up GBs and play solid D.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Plus while there's still all sorts of goals left to play for and not getting ahead, after 4 games and one top 5 road one, have to acknowledge how well Coach R has built the balance of this team (on O). We have a loaded class coming in next year and aren't Sr heavy in this offense. Lose goalie and few back end guys which will need to be addressed but consider the class mix of the top group on O:

Yr Player g a pts sh sh%
Sr Holden, Eric 17 8 25 33 51.50%
Soph Knox, Jason 16 3 19 32 50.00%
Fr Herlihy, John 10 1 11 17 58.80%
Jr Archer, Ryan 4 7 11 25 16.00%
Soph Madonna, Derrek 7 2 9 15 46.70%
Jr Mott, Tommy 7 1 8 18 38.90%
Sr Scott, Justin 5 2 7 23 21.70%
Fr Grooms, Jack 5 2 7 15 33.30%
Fr Simas, Bradley 3 1 4 10 30.00%
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

True. Still some talent to develop too. I think Bartelme will develop well. Would like to see the D gel a bit more. Hope other ssdm emerges. We are an injury or two away from trouble there.
On Mason Romm ... thought he had a great game tonight. Physical but disciplined ... esp for a freshman. Seems to develop with each game.
Hasn't been said yet, but Sam had a good game. He was hung out to dry on some turnovers. Not much he could do about those.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Credit to SU they are simply better and showed it in the 4th quarter, just too many horses. They dictated how we would play
Holden played great , but they have 3-4 hits as good or better.
Our FO play held its own, despite the 20 spot , I actually thought Sam played well most of the night.
Lots of complaining about the refs , two thoughts there , first a number of complaints about wards? That’s like looking for a palming call in the NBA, second it’s ‘Cuse in the dome ...enough said on the refs
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Quite a few comments about sloppy turnovers and throwing the ball away , again credit SU , although not listed as CT , really good teams make the weaker team play out of their comfort zone and that leads to “ sloppy” turnovers. We did it to our first three opponents, The Orange did it to us.
‘Cuse gets 77% of their shots on goal , the Statesmen 50%
DMac

Post by DMac »

Bart fans came into the Dome like they always do, full of support, energy, and noise...just great fans at Bart. No one watched that game and walked away thinking Bart isn't a pretty darn good team, was a good contest. Bart moves the ball nicely, the O is going to raise hell with a lot of teams out there. That's the first time I've seen Bart play and it didn't take long to see that this is a pretty talented team. Think Cuse's team speed came into play here, Dordevic could do pretty much whatever he wanted, no way a shortie could keep him away from the cage, and Curry could blow by his man darn near every time he touched the ball. In the end, Cuse just had too much O for Bart's D to deal with. Bart fought like champs though and made it a tight game despite what the final score might lead one to believe. Very good, hard fought, and entertaining game...and yes, there were some bad calls but that's not the story of this game. Nice game, Bart, that's a good looking team.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Refs were a joke but at least this wasn’t like last year.

If we can’t win the NEC going away and get a run going, that will be a huge surprise.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”