Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
holmes435

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by holmes435 »

runrussellrun wrote: Rise? I am the armed "left" and have been for decades. Not surprised, the second largest armed insurrection....IGNORED....by the pretend intelligentsia at laughable "news" sources like the nytimes.

[...]

PBS would NEVER run a workers rights documentary on something as historically significant as the Battle of Blair mountain.

Armed LEFT......history anyone? yawn Pats won. Gronk didn't play......
The Mine Wars - Aired January 2016 and now Streaming on PBS.org

"Decades of violence, strikes, assassinations and marches accompanied their attempts to form a union, culminating in the Battle of Blair Mountain in 1921, the largest armed insurrection since the Civil War. "

:lol:

You also missed a lot of my posts concerning the rise of armed minority groups like the Black Panthers and subsequent gun control implemented by the likes of Reagan and others.
old salt

Post by old salt »

thatsmell wrote:Its not about labelling people left or right.

Some "Left-wingers" agree that more guns means a a safer society too.

Speaking of which, there is a democrat here in deep blue MD with a new campaign ad.

What do think, Brookie?

I really like this guy. He's one of several new (D) House candidates I'm pulling for -- military vets, many with combat & or law enforcement experience. Woman military pilots & service academy grads. They've all faced adversity & come out on top. The Democrat party needs as many of them in Congress as possible.
A new generation of (D)'s, ...who won't vote for Pelosi.
a fan

Post by a fan »

Can you imagine? Reps who actually care about their constituents? Naaaah. Let's talk Hillary into running again.

Pelosi arrived in 1988. 19 freaking 88. Nauseating.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

a fan wrote:Can you imagine? Reps who actually care about their constituents? Naaaah. Let's talk Hillary into running again.

Sure.....if they actually KNEW them. From representing just over thirty thousand.......to mostly 750,000 today. What could go wrong?

Something about the rich getting richer? Generally, especially on military spending, how does the US Senate vote? exactly. (only TWO per state)
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote:
a fan wrote:Can you imagine? Reps who actually care about their constituents? Naaaah. Let's talk Hillary into running again.

Sure.....if they actually KNEW them. From representing just over thirty thousand.......to mostly 750,000 today. What could go wrong?

Something about the rich getting richer? Generally, especially on military spending, how does the US Senate vote? exactly. (only TWO per state)

I don't know about you, Fatty, but I'm pretty sure the amount of people I "know" is not going to change whether I'm representing 10,000 or 100,000 people. I'm going to "know" the same #. I can only knock on so many doors, have only so many actual conversations.

Of course, it makes it a lot easier to sort of "know" people if you gerrymander the district to make everyone as much as possible like each other. But that's the problem, I only have to appeal to a certain type of constituent voter, and of course the donors who enable me to out 'communicate' my opponent. And, thus, my concern is only from the extreme wing of my party. (who tell me that if I 'compromise' to actually accomplish something they'll primary me).
Last edited by MDlaxfan76 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Does the 10 year census include political affiliations? Why is it legal to do this. People are people. Slaves and women were still counted, even though they had NO party? Is this really so hard to support? Congressional districts based on population, not party? And, you are silly . 10k constituents, you could meet with 28 a day, if had no days off. 34 constituents if working 300 days.

100k........ummm...330 a day ...instead , we have 2500 people a day. Why can't liberals support this. Take pac money right out of elections/politics. You could have fooled me, thought politicians did knock knock.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote:
thatsmell wrote:Its not about labelling people left or right.

Some "Left-wingers" agree that more guns means a a safer society too.

Speaking of which, there is a democrat here in deep blue MD with a new campaign ad.

What do think, Brookie?

I really like this guy. He's one of several new (D) House candidates I'm pulling for -- military vets, many with combat & or law enforcement experience. Woman military pilots & service academy grads. They've all faced adversity & come out on top. The Democrat party needs as many of them in Congress as possible.
A new generation of (D)'s, ...who won't vote for Pelosi.
Me too.

Regardless of party, or whether progressive or conservative leaning, a diversity of life experiences can be really helpful to representation of the full body politic.

And military service to country is certainly one such life experience that should be in that mix.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Not buying it. On the issues, he's not even vague. What plans or thoughts of his do you like? He seems pretty trumpesque in the lack of specifics.

IE: Zero thoughts on what to do....specifically.....on how to clean up the Chessy Bay. Pretty sure we know that generations have made a living on the water, but what are YOUR plans.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote:Umm.....not even close to the point I was making. The battle of Blair Mountain would NOT have been able to happen if the coal miners didn't have firearms.

And the movie you mentioned is about as "factual" as Sly Stallones "fist" movie.

gee.....who was President when it was taken of the National Historic list?

https://tclf.org/battle-blair-mountain- ... eing-waged
As I wasn't there, I don't know how much of Matewan was fictionalized and how much was factually accurate, but it sure as heck dramatized and humanized a part of US history that generally wasn't taught in the '60's and '70' unless one took a specialized course at a liberal arts college.

As I said, I didn't find it on Netflix or Amazon...but other documentaries, yes.

But as to the firearms, sure, they had firearms...but how did it turn out for them?
Not so great, right?

I have several 'weapons' for hunting, but I don't harbor any illusions about having the firepower necessary to actually fight the gov't successfully.
I can see the logic of more firepower if I thought the world was going to hell and the gov't would be in such disarray that I was on my own, but hopefully we're not actually going there anytime soon.

I must admit that if the Trumpist thing morphs into full-on fascist authoritarianism, I hope I'm not too late in securing an underground bunker in the mountains...

Ahhh, think I'll vote tomorrow...and hope Randy and a fan's faith in the common man, ala Walt Whitman, is enough...
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

runrussellrun wrote:Not buying it. On the issues, he's not even vague. What plans or thoughts of his do you like? He seems pretty trumpesque in the lack of specifics.

IE: Zero thoughts on what to do....specifically.....on how to clean up the Chessy Bay. Pretty sure we know that generations have made a living on the water, but what are YOUR plans.
His opponent, the R encumbent, is about as non-specific as it gets. Zero ideas of his own. Zero new thoughts. But he votes strictly on party line, every time. Regardless of what his constituents want. Nowadays, anyone that isnt a yesman for their PARTY is the right choice.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
Andersen

Post by Andersen »

Just for the record, Mdlaxfan76 , John Sayles' "Matewan" is one of the most historically accurate movies I can think of. Its a topic I feel very confident about, having studied it a great deal as an undergraduate. Remember Sayles is the recipient of a McArthur "Genius" Award. Look at Columbia University's Eric Foner's assessment in the wonderful "PastImperfect: History According to the Movies. I also remember a very positive assessment of the historical accuracy of the movie in The Washington Post.
old salt

Post by old salt »

runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Andersen wrote:Just for the record, Mdlaxfan76 , John Sayles' "Matewan" is one of the most historically accurate movies I can think of. Its a topic I feel very confident about, having studied it a great deal as an undergraduate. Remember Sayles is the recipient of a McArthur "Genius" Award. Look at Columbia University's Eric Foner's assessment in the wonderful "PastImperfect: History According to the Movies. I also remember a very positive assessment of the historical accuracy of the movie in The Washington Post.
Alas, the main character (Played by Chris Cooper ), among others, is fictional. But, the story mostly holds true, albeit the portrayal that the massacre as a "one off", isolated occurrence doesn't belie the entire story. Violence to get things done, or undone. People of ethnic differences and skin color working together. United. I wonder what Sanchez-Ocasio thinks about the coal/union strikes of the early 1900's :roll:

One of the reasons they banned booze? Think about it, where did Hitler get popular? "They" knew the power of social clubs, taverns where drink was involved. Heck, there's even a line about in the musical "Hamilton "
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Left Field Lucy?

It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Progressive Logic.... https://twitter.com/cvpayne/status/1060 ... 04354?s=21 Can an entire group of people win the Darwin Award. bang1 ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAH. Jim Acosta just had his hard press badge revoked for assaulting a WH intern doing her job as he wouldn't give up the Mic. He isn't a reporter. He is a liberal activist. Democrats and the Fake News Media are the enemy of the people. Nice blue puddle too. You guys got destroyed in the Senate. Despite dropping soooo much money into those races. All those candidates that celebs campaigned for as well as the former Black Muslim Prez lost!!! BWAHAHAHHAHA
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
DMac

Post by DMac »

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
Grade 1.
Elementary Spelling.
Lesson 1.
Laughter ends with an A.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Nice job ANTIFA...even after winning the house they still act like lunatics. https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/statu ... 70241?s=21 I wonder if the clear minded democrats will denounce their behavior and communicate civility. Sicko’s!
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Sanders on the Acosta event. I suppose strong arming a woman is acceptable to Jim and CNN approves. https://twitter.com/presssec/status/106 ... 48768?s=21
~Livy

Bandito

Post by Bandito »

youthathletics wrote:Nice job ANTIFA...even after winning the house they still act like lunatics. https://twitter.com/robbystarbuck/statu ... 70241?s=21 I wonder if the clear minded democrats will denounce their behavior and communicate civility. Sicko’s!

This is the Democrat Party. They are the true Fascists.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy

Return to “POLITICS”