2020 Elections - Trump FIRED

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: 2020 Elections - More Cheating from IMPOTUS?

Post by foreverlax »

Bloomberg on CNN town hall last night...my main takeaway - he is the best manager in the field and should be able to take down Trump in the general.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Oppo on Bernie is just getting started. Remember the name Sierra Blanca.
https://thebulwark.com/sierra-blanca-is ... es-bernie/
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Trinity wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:19 pmHe’s stupid.
This is usually the answer more times than someone being racist, anti-semitic, etc.

Because more often than not, if you're racist etc. it's probably because you're stupid and lack an education/appreciation of other's culture.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:04 am
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:22 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 pm
I'm all for pride in one's nation, culture, history, etc...indeed 'patriotism'. And there's a heck of a lot of such to take pride in about America, including our philosophical embrace of diversity and the rights of the minority and the individual, while acknowledging our imperfect history of implementation of such ideals.
That looks like a pretty good description of American Nationalism. It has lasted this long. It will endure as we become a majority minority nation.
Nope, what I wrote was American Patriotism...not Nationalism.

I get it that some want to sugarcoat that word, perhaps to just feel better, but it's a really dangerous concept and should be rejected at every turn. It's plenty easy to just use Patriotism instead, if that's what is actually meant.

I can't tell whether you actually know better and are just wanting to pretend this isn't based in bigotry (and indeed that's what motivates you) or whether you are truly clueless, a sort of stubborn Pollyanna. But the latter is just stupid and however much else we don't agree on, that's not been my impression of you.
Is Chris Matthews a bigot because he likened Bernie's surge to the fall of Paris in 1940 ? ...or is he anti-Semitic ?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _1940.html
not a fan of Mathews but I don't think he was looking to project an anti-semitic thought with that analogy; frankly I'm not sure even why comparing Bernie's big victory in Nevada, with no one laying a glove on him in the debate, with the the fall of Paris to the Nazis without a fight in the streets would somehow suggest "anti-semitic" or even a "bigot". How do you even find that notion?
Matthews felt the need to apologize.
https://deadline.com/2020/02/msnbc-chri ... 202866277/
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... wrong.html
yup, but I still don't see any anti-semitic intent in his comment; maybe insensitive but not intent. His point was that the opposition caved without a battle to Bernie, which is arguably what the French did, not the Nazis, not the Jewish people, etc...but hey, insensitive in this hyper sensitive world.
Exactly. A mice nuts story. It says more about the reader / listener than it does the source.
Think so ? Look at the response. Matthews was forced to grovel in his next appearance.
He didn't mention anything Nazi related in his analogy.
It was a military analogy citing the rapid advance of the German Army.
This is (D) identity politics UberWoke, turning on an ally who had the temerity to criticize Bernie.
I think you are more right than wrong on this one, Salty.
That said, the German Army in 1940 was directed by the Nazis, so not sure you can totally separate the two as far that goes.
But more importantly, I don't see anything actually anti-semitic, merely that any time one uses a WWII analogy there's bound to be awkwardness. So, "insensitive in this hyper-sensitive world". But this smells more like a Bernie bros pushback than any "UberWoke" folks actually being offended all on their own. Plenty of clueless out there on all sides.

I think that's what 72 may be saying as well.
History is history. It's what happened.
We have passed into PC insanity if you have to be worried about "awkwardness" any time you makes a reference to WW II in Europe.

This wouldn't even be a story if Bernie were not Jewish.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:47 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:47 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:28 pm
jhu72 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:39 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:04 am
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:22 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:58 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:59 pm
old salt wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:58 pm
I'm all for pride in one's nation, culture, history, etc...indeed 'patriotism'. And there's a heck of a lot of such to take pride in about America, including our philosophical embrace of diversity and the rights of the minority and the individual, while acknowledging our imperfect history of implementation of such ideals.
That looks like a pretty good description of American Nationalism. It has lasted this long. It will endure as we become a majority minority nation.
Nope, what I wrote was American Patriotism...not Nationalism.

I get it that some want to sugarcoat that word, perhaps to just feel better, but it's a really dangerous concept and should be rejected at every turn. It's plenty easy to just use Patriotism instead, if that's what is actually meant.

I can't tell whether you actually know better and are just wanting to pretend this isn't based in bigotry (and indeed that's what motivates you) or whether you are truly clueless, a sort of stubborn Pollyanna. But the latter is just stupid and however much else we don't agree on, that's not been my impression of you.
Is Chris Matthews a bigot because he likened Bernie's surge to the fall of Paris in 1940 ? ...or is he anti-Semitic ?

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... _1940.html
not a fan of Mathews but I don't think he was looking to project an anti-semitic thought with that analogy; frankly I'm not sure even why comparing Bernie's big victory in Nevada, with no one laying a glove on him in the debate, with the the fall of Paris to the Nazis without a fight in the streets would somehow suggest "anti-semitic" or even a "bigot". How do you even find that notion?
Matthews felt the need to apologize.
https://deadline.com/2020/02/msnbc-chri ... 202866277/
https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video ... wrong.html
yup, but I still don't see any anti-semitic intent in his comment; maybe insensitive but not intent. His point was that the opposition caved without a battle to Bernie, which is arguably what the French did, not the Nazis, not the Jewish people, etc...but hey, insensitive in this hyper sensitive world.
Exactly. A mice nuts story. It says more about the reader / listener than it does the source.
Think so ? Look at the response. Matthews was forced to grovel in his next appearance.
He didn't mention anything Nazi related in his analogy.
It was a military analogy citing the rapid advance of the German Army.
This is (D) identity politics UberWoke, turning on an ally who had the temerity to criticize Bernie.
I think you are more right than wrong on this one, Salty.
That said, the German Army in 1940 was directed by the Nazis, so not sure you can totally separate the two as far that goes.
But more importantly, I don't see anything actually anti-semitic, merely that any time one uses a WWII analogy there's bound to be awkwardness. So, "insensitive in this hyper-sensitive world". But this smells more like a Bernie bros pushback than any "UberWoke" folks actually being offended all on their own. Plenty of clueless out there on all sides.

I think that's what 72 may be saying as well.
History is history. It's what happened.
We have passed into PC insanity if you have to be worried about "awkwardness" any time you makes a reference to WW II in Europe.

This wouldn't even be a story if Bernie were not Jewish.
True, it wouldn't be a 'story'.
But he is, indeed, Jewish, thus the awkwardness of comparing Bernie's victory to something the Nazis did.
And much of his family was killed in the Holocaust, so that's another layer of awkwardness.

Not that hard to remember that when you use such analogies that they're loaded with all sorts of baggage.

But my hunch is that this was about Bernie Bros more than anything else.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDLF76:
But he is, indeed, Jewish, thus the awkwardness of comparing Bernie's victory to something the Nazis did.
A unified Germany has maintained a standing Army since 1871.
In that time they invaded France 3 times, driving deep into French territory, twice capturing Paris.
They were Germans, in the German Army, the entire time.
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:55 pm
MDLF76:
In that time they invaded France 3 times, driving deep into French territory, twice capturing Paris.
Was the party in charge of the German Army in the summer of 1940 the same party that was in charge the other two times?

Asking for a friend who thinks this media kerfuffle is peanuts vs. what the current president has done.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Senate Intel chair privately warned that GOP's Biden probe could help Russia
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/2 ... sia-118025
The top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee has privately expressed concerns about his colleagues’ corruption investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden, further exposing divisions within the GOP over whether to continue pursuing an effort that led in part to President Donald Trump’s impeachment.

In a Dec. 5 meeting, Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Richard Burr (R-N.C.) told the leaders of the Senate Homeland Security and Finance committees — Ron Johnson of Wisconsin and Chuck Grassley of Iowa, respectively — that their probe targeting Biden could aid Russian efforts to sow chaos and distrust in the U.S. political system, according to two congressional sources familiar with the meeting.

The meeting took place as the House was charging forward with impeachment articles against Trump over an alleged effort to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate his political rivals, including the former vice president and his son Hunter. And it underscores disagreements among Senate Republicans over the merits of a Biden investigation.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:57 pm
MDLF76:
Was the party in charge of the German Army in the summer of 1940 the same party that was in charge the other two times?
Do we label the US Army (R) or (D) ?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:48 am
MDLF76:
Keep propping up Trump and normalizing his behavior and you'll have the answer in a few years -- "T".
old salt

Post by old salt »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:21 am
MDLF76:
Keep propping up Trump and normalizing his behavior and you'll have the answer in a few years -- "T".
or (B).

Bernie gives authoritarianism too much credit
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

old salt wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:48 pm
seacoaster wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:21 am
MDLF76:
or (B).

Bernie gives authoritarianism too much credit
Bernie said -
“China is another example, all right?” Sanders said. “China is an authoritarian country, becoming more and more authoritarian. But can anyone deny — I mean, the facts are clear — that they have taken more people out of extreme poverty than any country in history? Do I get criticized because I say that? That’s the truth. So that is the fact. End of discussion.”
Facts
China poverty rate - percent earning less then $5.50 per day

1990 - 98.30%

2015 - 27.20 %
The author provides a history lesson, and yet, never actually proves his point with facts...
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

MDLF76:
If one of those parties became far right authoritarian, took control of the military, started a world war and committed genocide on 12 million people then he'll yes we would label the army D or R.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Wisconsin Court of Appeals blocks voter purge of 232,000 people that Republicans sought to take off the rolls before November election.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
CU88

Post by CU88 »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:24 am Bloomberg on CNN town hall last night...my main takeaway - he is the best manager in the field and should be able to take down Trump in the general.
I agree; and he should be proactive to announce his Cabinet and Policy agenda now. This is an interesting idea from Tommy:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/opinion/2 ... x6Mib-dqSw
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:02 pm
MDLF76:
If one of those parties became far right authoritarian, took control of the military, started a world war and committed genocide on 12 million people then he'll yes we would label the army D or R.
Correct.
Though there were indeed some German military who were not supporters of Hitler and Nazism, most were.
Very few took any action to stop Nazism or the Holocaust. They were fully complicit. Else purged.

And that military waged an aggressive world war in the name of 'German nationalism", following Hitler.

I'm not even sure what you're grinding on here, Salty.

Is it that you think that Trumpism could easily morph to something akin to Nazism, implicating the US military for not standing up to it?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Biden beats Bernie by about 35 points in SC. Biggest victory of any so far.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Few find Warren or Klobuchar interesting. I find them decisive. Go home please. Now the D’s are down to the Paw-Paws.
old salt

Post by old salt »

holmes435 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:02 pm
MDLF76:
If you omit the genocide, you're describing the Prussian General Staff.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Very interesting article in the Post; too long to quote. Use a freebie.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... rc404=true

Return to “POLITICS”