All things Chinese CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:50 pm
jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:41 pm
Trinity wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:34 pm US workers without protective suits assisted the Coronavirus evacuees. —HHH whistle blower.
Whistle blowers - true American heros!
And the person with the "community transmission" isn't too far from where those folks were.

Good point. That did not occur to me. Travis AFB is just outside Vacaville, which is where the individual lives I think. If it turns out this is the connection, beans will explode.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

it gets worse

"The staff members were sent to Travis Air Force Base and March Air Reserve Base and were ordered to enter quarantined areas, including a hangar where coronavirus evacuees were being received. They were not provided training in safety protocols until five days later, the person said.

Without proper training or equipment, some of the exposed staff members moved freely around and off the bases, with at least one person staying in a nearby hotel and leaving California on a commercial flight. Many were unaware of the need to test their temperature three times a day."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:25 pm it gets worse

"The staff members were sent to Travis Air Force Base and March Air Reserve Base and were ordered to enter quarantined areas, including a hangar where coronavirus evacuees were being received. They were not provided training in safety protocols until five days later, the person said.

Without proper training or equipment, some of the exposed staff members moved freely around and off the bases, with at least one person staying in a nearby hotel and leaving California on a commercial flight. Many were unaware of the need to test their temperature three times a day."
I can imagine tomorrow's headlines.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

The retaliation against the whistle blower has already begun, another long career of excellence in ashes.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
njbill

Post by njbill »

Hope he doesn’t have a twin brother.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:32 pm The retaliation against the whistle blower has already begun, another long career of excellence in ashes.
If the forgoing speculation turns out to be true, Azar's ass is grass! The whistle blower will deserve a medal for providing the information that will have solved a public health mystery. Bet the CDC and California Department of Health - Infectious Disease Branch is already all over this investigation.
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Trinity wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:32 pm The retaliation against the whistle blower has already begun, another long career of excellence in ashes.
"The whistleblower alleges that they were unfairly reassigned and threatened with termination after flagging their concerns to senior HHS officials, including those who work for HHS Secretary Alex Azar."

Shooting messengers does not bode well for the future as those folks aren't the problem.

As I have mentioned before, the public will eventually figure out this motley crew of incompetent cowards. In addition, the markets don't give a sh*t about DOPUS especially if he is FUBARing a potential public health emergency that could very well precipitate a recession. I'll go out on a limb and speculate another bloodbath on Wall Street tomorrow to end the week.

Rewatch that mess of a briefing yesterday. Except for the MDs at CDC and NIH, the rest looked like a bunch of clowns that got lost on the Metro and exited at the wrong stop.

Here's what we're looking at

The Trump administration repatriated infected Americans over the objections of the CDC.
HHS then sent federal workers to interact with the infected population without adequate training or protection who may have been the source for infection transmission inside the USA.

Senior HHS executives reassigned the team leader of those Federal workers and threatened them with dismissal and thus why there's a whistleblower. Sound familiar????? Another case of the "Deep State" outing the "Stupid/corrupt" state.
Last edited by Kismet on Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Kismet wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:52 pm
"The whistleblower alleges that they were unfairly reassigned and threatened with termination after flagging their concerns to senior HHS officials, including those who work for HHS Secretary Alex Azar."

Shooting messengers does not bode well for the future as those folks aren't the problem.

As I have mentioned before, the public will eventually figure out this motley crew of incompetent cowards. In addition, the markets don't give a sh*t about DOPUS especially if he is FUBARing a potential public health emergency that could very well precipitate a recession. I'll go out on a limb and speculate another bloodbath on Wall Street tomorrow to end the week.

Rewatch that mess of a briefing yesterday. Except for the MDs at CDC and NIH, the rest looked like a bunch of clowns that got lost on the Metro and exited at the wrong stop.
But Trump was duly elected. The people knew this when they voted for him.
“I wish you would!”
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

“So here's what appears to be chain of events:
The Trump administration repatriated infected Americans over the objections of the CDC.
HHS then sent federal workers to interact with the infected population without adequate training or protection
Then those workers went out into the public with no monitoring or testing regime in place.
And now the first US-contracted case has appeared right near one of the AF bases where this all happened.
When someone at HHS raised alarms about all this s/he was criticized for hurting morale and then ordered to another position or be fired.
This is real real real bad.”

Chris Hayes, msnbc
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Trinity wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:52 pm This can happen when science deniers are in charge.
Trump is an Anti-Vaxxer.

Let that sink in...
ardilla secreta

Post by ardilla secreta »

Our collective health during this crisis is as safe as the worst insured, worst cared for person in our society. There’s a significant number of people in this land working for little money and with either no heathcare or healthcare they can’t afford to use and they work among us, servicing our needs. The consequences of not taking care of all Americans and residents is immense.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Doctor Mnuchin and Doctor Kudlow were added to the task force, praise The Lord.
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... oronavirus

A whistleblower claims the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) sent workers to receive the first Americans evacuated from China during the coronavirus outbreak without proper training or protective gear, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The workers did not show symptoms and were not tested for the virus, the Post reported, citing the whistleblower's lawyers.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

ardilla secreta wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:26 pm Our collective health during this crisis is as safe as the worst insured, worst cared for person in our society. There’s a significant number of people in this land working for little money and with either no heathcare or healthcare they can’t afford to use and they work among us, servicing our needs. The consequences of not taking care of all Americans and residents is immense.
Maybe we need a good epidemic, lots of dead, to convince the SFB members of our society that we are all in this together. They aren't going to be able to hide from this. I think given today's events, it is pretty clear we in the US are off to a horrible start. It is far from clear we will do as well as South Korea.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:33 pm
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4 ... oronavirus

A whistleblower claims the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) sent workers to receive the first Americans evacuated from China during the coronavirus outbreak without proper training or protective gear, The Washington Post reported Thursday.

The workers did not show symptoms and were not tested for the virus, the Post reported, citing the whistleblower's lawyers.
Must be a Hillary supporter
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/27/politics ... index.html

William Walters, executive director and managing director for Operational Medicine in the Bureau of Medical Services at the State Department, pushed back on the allegations when he was asked about the report during a coronavirus hearing Thursday afternoon before the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
While he did not speak to the specific issues outlined in the Post story, he addressed the issue based on his own experiences while traveling with personnel to China for the evacuation missions of US citizens from China.
"I can speak, having been on those missions, and certainly the first trip out of Wuhan, the second, the third, the Diamond Princess, and based on a relationship that I've had with HHS, (Secretary of Defense Mark) Esper and CDC dating back to 2014. Every precaution has been taken," he said.
When asked whether he saw anyone without protective equipment, Walters replied, "No I can say unequivocally that everyone involved with those evacuations was appropriately equipped and trained."
During the hearing, another State Department official, Ian Brownlee, displayed a photo of HHS workers in full hazmat suits as they were processing people coming off the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which was put under quarantine in Japan after the virus broke out onboard.

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:39 pm

William Walters, executive director and managing director for Operational Medicine in the Bureau of Medical Services at the State Department, pushed back on the allegations when he was asked about the report during a coronavirus hearing Thursday afternoon before the House Foreign Affairs Committee.
While he did not speak to the specific issues outlined in the Post story, he addressed the issue based on his own experiences while traveling with personnel to China for the evacuation missions of US citizens from China.
"I can speak, having been on those missions, and certainly the first trip out of Wuhan, the second, the third, the Diamond Princess, and based on a relationship that I've had with HHS, (Secretary of Defense Mark) Esper and CDC dating back to 2014. Every precaution has been taken," he said.
When asked whether he saw anyone without protective equipment, Walters replied, "No I can say unequivocally that everyone involved with those evacuations was appropriately equipped and trained."
During the hearing, another State Department official, Ian Brownlee, displayed a photo of HHS workers in full hazmat suits as they were processing people coming off the Diamond Princess cruise ship, which was put under quarantine in Japan after the virus broke out onboard.

Seeing people in hazmat suits means nothing. There are multiple levels of hazmat suits. PPE are highest level I am pretty sure. Someone who knows the difference would have to comment. Not clear the guys commenting (especially in the Trump administration) know the difference. The CDC and CHDIDB will get to the bottom of it.

PS: Thinking about it a little more, I would be surprised if the people they sent to perform this function would have had mobile positive air pressure PPE suits with them. It is more likely if they had hazmat suits, they would have been sent with lower level chemical waste disposal suits. Not at all the same thing. These people essentially came from a border patrol related unit is my understanding.
Last edited by jhu72 on Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:39 pm

Another Whistleblower is lying.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:39 pm While he did not speak to the specific issues outlined in the Post story
In others words, on completely different days than the one outlined in the WB story, they appeared to follow protocol.

Great news. But that does nothing to address the specific events on other specific days that were described by the WB.

This is now a common tactic used by the Trump administration designed for mouth breathing Trump voters. "See? We didn't do anything bad on this specific random day. "Therefore", that means that we didn't do something bad on the actual day the alleged bad activity occurred."

It's like pointing out that Hopkins lacrosse didn't lose North Carolina last Sunday....hoping the listener doesn't catch on that yes, Hopkins lost...but the game happened on a Saturday.

This logic works on slow witted dogs and common houseplants. Smarter dogs and fancier houseplants catch on to this stupid game.
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:11 pm
old salt wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:39 pm While he did not speak to the specific issues outlined in the Post story
In others words, on completely different days than the one outlined in the WB story, they appeared to follow protocol.

Great news. But that does nothing to address the specific events on other specific days that were described by the WB.

This is now a common tactic used by the Trump administration designed for mouth breathing Trump voters. "See? We didn't do anything bad on this specific random day. "Therefore", that means that we didn't do something bad on the actual day the alleged bad activity occurred."

It's like pointing out that Hopkins lacrosse didn't lose North Carolina last Sunday....hoping the listener doesn't catch on that yes, Hopkins lost...but the game happened on a Saturday.

This logic works on slow witted dogs and common houseplants. Smarter dogs and fancier houseplants catch on to this stupid game.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Or saying Navy didn't lose to Maryland last Saturday so as to suggest they won!
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”