Hobart 2020

D1 Mens Lacrosse
oldbartman

Re: Hobart 2020

Post by oldbartman »

The early "Vegas line" on the game is Cuse by 5. TBD. Something worth noting from watching today's UVA win over a very determined High Point, FOGOs check your sticks. UVA got hit with a 3 minute non-releasable penalty when their FOG's stick was called illegal.
. The Hoos were able to hold HPU to a single goal. With 2 offenses like Hobart and Cuse, a 3 minute non-releasable could be a death penalty.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

SU by 5 seems reasonable. This team is young and penalty susceptible. The latter will bite them in the ***.

Hope I’m wrong.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:59 pm The early "Vegas line" on the game is Cuse by 5. TBD. Something worth noting from watching today's UVA win over a very determined High Point, FOGOs check your sticks. UVA got hit with a 3 minute non-releasable penalty when their FOG's stick was called illegal.
. The Hoos were able to hold HPU to a single goal. With 2 offenses like Hobart and Cuse, a 3 minute non-releasable could be a death penalty.
I’m pretty sure Blanchards head was all sorts of bent 2-3x in the Gate game. It was being crushed by other FOGO over and over and I was concerned it would be a problem
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
calourie

Post by calourie »

FL-GO wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:51 pm SU by 5 seems reasonable. This team is young and penalty susceptible. The latter will bite them in the ***.

Hope I’m wrong.
Cuse is always slick, even moreso than they have been the last few years, and always confident against lesser ranked opponents. Statesmen need to have a strong "we can win this thing" attitude to overcome the advantage the Orange brings to these kinds of matchups.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I love our team a ton this year but I dont know if we have a dog that can bite the s**t out of Cuse. Guess we will find out. Back half of the field is fairly veteran, but we do rely on a lot of younger guys at FO and on offense (mix, only one sr in top 6 in scoring so far, two jrs, a soph) so they need to come out not caring about who or where they are playing.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:09 pm.......so they need to come out not caring about who or where they are playing.
Agreed 100%- the day they forget about the Orange jersey, the number of HS AAs on their roster, and the IL player ranking is the day they play to beat them. If we get in a shootout with them and Sam is seeing the ball then I like our chances.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

This is not David vs Goliath. Hobart is ranked in top 20 by some
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

I'll take the 5 goals . . . 'Bart by 5 will be the final in the game that sends shock waves throughout America. Maybe even will give the USILA poll an incentive to give us a vote!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

stupefied wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:40 pm This is not David vs Goliath. Hobart is ranked in top 20 by some
Sure it is. Scholarships and a dome vs no schollies, tougher ability to slide a stud in, higher cost of attendance and a better lake.

We just have a lot of nifty slingshots this year. :)
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

It's 2 days before we play Cuse, and they are still talking about the Army game on their thread. I guess they have already notched the W.
WoodStick

Post by WoodStick »

stupefied wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:40 pm This is not David vs Goliath. Hobart is ranked in top 20 by some
F the Dome, F Desko, F the number 22, F scholarships and red-shirts and most of all F SU!
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

WoodStick wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:19 pm
F the Dome, F Desko, F the number 22, F scholarships and red-shirts and most of all F SU!
You root for the Seminoles?

:lol:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yessssir!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wow, pretty hostile crew here.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

F YOU DMac!

(Until Sat anyways)
DMac

Post by DMac »

:lol:
You boys remember to bring that Kraus-Simmons Trophy down with ya....oh, no, wait, it's already here. Kinda forgot it was only up there for a brief period a while back. We'll bring out Friday night so you can take a brief peek at it. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

And we will be drinking dark and stormy’s and golden anniversary out of it the rest of the weekend to purify it from all those wretched hands and bad air it’s been around of late.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fKIwj1TQmFs
tech37

Post by tech37 »

:D Congrats WoodStick, you just qualified for the FanLax Politics board!
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I'm still smarting from last year. I thought we had a great shot. But the second half was a disaster. At the least I want to see a 4q game. My fear is that the young guys will start slinging poor shots. Combined with a tough FO situation and some penalties, that will give lots of possession to SU. They'll be working to slow us down.
Best case scenario is we open it up with good shots from a mix of players, take a few points early, and play strong through the end. A W would be terrific, a hard fought L wouldn't be the worst thing, especially if it improves the D for league play. A catastrophic collapse like last year would be a confidence killer.
gt4623

Post by gt4623 »

Anybody know Debolt? For the love of christ one article in the beginning of the week says "first 3-0 start since '06" (which isn't right btw) and then his next pregame article says "first 3-0 start since '09" (got it right the second time). Didn't even bother to correct his mistake in the previous article however. Can anybody tell me why this man continues to have a job? Hate to sound like a broken record but oversights like this, however small, are just embarrassing and becoming common place.

Excited for Friday and to see how this team stacks up with the top competition. Great test regardless of the result. But boy oh boy it'd be nice to get that trophy back...

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”