Brown 2019

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DALaxDad

Re: Brown 2019

Post by DALaxDad »

It looks like they are starting to load info for freshman.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Word is the David Evans and his wife Allison will be inducted into the Brown Athletic Hall of Fame on the evening of 10/20, along with the entire 1991 Brown lacrosse team. Coupled with the 2019 team-alumni game in the morning, it should be a big lacrosse reunion.
Talk about one the Ivy League All Time greats! Evans could shoot the lights out of the ball. Congrats!
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Just signed up for espn+. I was under the impression they have the ILTV archives. Cant't find. Wrong again?
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

bearlaxfan wrote:Just signed up for espn+. I was under the impression they have the ILTV archives. Cant't find. Wrong again?
No archives. It sucks.
“I wish you would!”
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

I emailed the Athletic Dept general info address about gametime 10/20: no response. Any info?
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Based on an email from Coach Daly, Alumni vs. 2019 team is at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday morning.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Tks. AM showers, cloudy later, wind 10-20. Like we never left...
Sting The Corner

Post by Sting The Corner »

Looks like there are actually 13 frosh--another 6'4" middie must have been accidentally omitted on the last update. Some big men in the class, hopefully they can play.
bearlaxfan wrote:Here y’go. 12 frosh

https://brownbears.com/roster.aspx?path ... sort=class
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

With that size, maybe they could field a football team.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Fun alumni game today, undergrads dominated 1st half, maybe 11-2 ish, final was 18-9 IIRC (alum definitely 9). Alums as expected disorganized, warmed up in 2nd half. Frosh not numbered in online roster, so who was who is ???. Goss looked good, played 1st half. Despite score, I believe Peter Scott was alum goalie, and did really well, especially on low shots. Wonder though, how much coaching staff can judge from a game like this compared to fallball against another, organized, squad? Don't know if there is anything planned vs D1 this fall.

#18 Myles Romm not on the roster. Liked his speed game, but he was hurt much of last (his soph) year. Anyone have info?
DALaxDad

Post by DALaxDad »

Some additional thoughts on the alumni scrimmage:

I had the final 19-9, but who's counting.

Goss looked good while he was in. Cleared the ball well, but no quick outlet passes. He faked a couple, but he's got to learn to pull the trigger and trust the middie to handle the pass. Kemp sure makes that look easy.

Word is that the players like the new defensive coach - there is actually a scheme.

I did not see Grell or Caputo. There were 5 players in sweats, one on crutches, but I had no idea who was who.

Lots of freshmen saw playing time. And they are big. Moshyedi (2g +/-) and Gendron (1g+/1) were running on one line with Aughaven. Rockefeller scored on a good face-dodge, with a top shelf stick. There were two freshman close ds (#15 and #23) who saw a lot of time. I think 15 was Taylor and 23 was Newsome (Jackson's brother). They all looked pretty comfortable out there.

Starting attack was McCaleb, Newsome and a variety of other people who I had a hard time figuring out, including Hale, Curran. Kniffen played later on a line with Antonelli, who had a nice off ball move and goal.

At one point the alum’s attack was Evans, Bellestri, and Malloy. Lots of goals there.

Evans had a nice goal on an outside crank to the top right corner. The refs made a thing of presenting Evans with the ball as a souvenir in recognition of his age.

Yazzo ran over some middie at midfield while clearing the ball solo. He was called for a ward, and he laughed, telling the ref, “I didn’t need to ward to run over that kid.” And then he flexed. The crowd loved it.

Stewart was the fastest kid on the field.

Chaz Woodson tried a couple of dives from behind the cage, one of which scored I think. At least he gave the d some practice defending a new look. He still looked quick and agile.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Panepinto was in sweats but looked healthy, was moving without any obvious issues. The one guy in sweats on crutches wore sweats 2x, couldn't make out the '1's' digit. Couldn't i.d. Prigmore, just know that I don't remember seeing a #12 on the field, also #44 Santangelo & #7 Song.
Enchill tried to dodge Tullet, with predictable results. Gotta admire the cojones though.
McShea looked good at fo, and he's a definite asset on the O side when his rope unit wins it.
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

Schedule posted. At UVa 3/9

Oddball: Mon 3/25 home v 'Nova.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Brown pre-season ranked #36!

Good locker room posting materials......
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

A follow up on recruits Trevor Y-K and Colin Hart.Trevor returned 2 punts for touchdowns and ripped a 76 yard run as Garden City broke the LI record for consecutive wins.Hart continued his brilliant management of the offense.

Bruno is getting 2 studs and terrific young men.

Wish either or both were heading to Charlottesville but I must admit, they made an excellent choice.
InDeoSperamus

Post by InDeoSperamus »

My observations from a practice a couple weeks ago. Noticeably bigger roster this year with bigger athletes. New freshman midfielder, Gendron, is absolutely huge and can really sling it. Another freshman midfielder, Moshyedi, is really impressive and looked like an upperclassman. I don't think there are 2 bigger midfielders in the league and both can run. Song also looked good coming out of the box. On attack, it looks like McCaleb is now playing on the right side where he looked very good. Freshman Cook looks like an excellent dodger. On defense, Caputo really stood out and is a real threat in transition even from close where he was playing. He's clearly back to full health. Mike Brown also looked impressive with the long pole in his hands playing close. Stewart looks really good at defensive midfield and quite strong as an offensive player too. Goss looked great. Back-up goalie also looked good, just not sure who it was. Grell, Panepinto and Prigmore were not playing in full speed situations from what I could tell. Fun to watch.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Great update. Thanks, InDeo.
Counselor

Post by Counselor »

Yes, Coach Daly reported at a recent lax alumni dinner in the City that Colby Gendron was a 6'8" middie who although "rough around the edges" at this point was expected to develop into a force.....was MVP of his Andover team as a senior....of course also played basketball and, I believe, football.....some 80 supporters attended the annual convocation .....vey upbeat report from Coach Daly.....Brown never had much size anywhere on the field in seasons past...that has changed drastically......
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote:A follow up on recruits Trevor Y-K and Colin Hart.Trevor returned 2 punts for touchdowns and ripped a 76 yard run as Garden City broke the LI record for consecutive wins.Hart continued his brilliant management of the offense.

Bruno is getting 2 studs and terrific young men.

Wish either or both were heading to Charlottesville but I must admit, these 2 made an excellent choice for furthering their education.
UPDATE: Colin Hart won the Snyder Award given to the outstanding quarterback in Nassau County L.I.Trevor was voted the Gatorade New York State FB POY. The Garden City team set a Nassau County record winning 36 games without defeat and 3 LI Titles.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... 1.24329600

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”